Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

When Is The Right Time To Get Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? (8639 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
Marriage is good, because it is the bedrock for starting a family and the family is important to the society, but it is better not to marry than be married and be miserable.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2011
look before you leap
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ayolinger(m): 12:11pm On Dec 08, 2011
olas2u:

look before you leap

I just hired google.com cheesy grin cool

Orikinla:

Marriage is good, because it is the bedrock for starting a family and the family is important to the society,  but it is better not to marry than be married and be miserable.    

Paul said it in the bible that its better not to be married than to be 1 Cor. 7 i believe, but i think that apply to those who wants to work for the lord in the spirit.

afam4eva:

Like someone said, marriage has everythig to do with maturity(of the mind, body and pocket). Don't rush into mmarriage just because you now have six packs.

I don't even have a 3 pack grin

Floxyluv:

i dont really think there should be a specified age for marriage, so long as both parties are prepared, they should go for it.

I'm not ready, just got out of my teenage age and marriage is not on mind, just want to learn from those that are there already!.

chaircover:

IMO age has nothing to do with maturity and there are some 21 year olds who are more mature than some fourty something’s.

I do however think that life experience also does have its advantages & place because it helps in maturing people and giving people a wider view of things.

I also feel that the younger you are the more you are able to choose from; but then you have the problem of choosing the correct Mr or Miss right from so many Mr or Mrs Wrongs out there. On the other hand, the older you get, the more set in your ways you get and that makes it even harder to find someone who will match you so its not a good idea to leave it too long either.

Personal situations also matter and even if you are a man at 30 but have no means of looking after and catering for a family financially or emotionally then you shouldn’t really be getting married.

I also believe that both husband and wife should be able to bring something into the marriage financially, emotionally, attitude wise etc and It shouldn’t just be one sided.  

Marriage is not for everyone & some people are better just staying on their own rather than making their partners & their own lives a living hell.

I will surely come back a lot of time to read this, Believe me. smiley

Fhemmmy:

It is not about age, it is about maturity and when you can afford to take care of a home or a wife . . . . When you are able to forgive without being apologized to, and once you have stop being selfish

stop being selfish in what sense? angry undecided

ronkebp:

^^^^^^^^Ayo you would be surprised that all those gals you have in mind, none of them might be your ''soul mate'', the least person you have in mind usually ends up to be that perfect match for you. If you have an ''idol'' in mind (saying this is what and what i want from my spouse) and go ahead to search for that partner using the criteria you already carved out for yourself then it becomes purely physical, and the spiritual aspect is definitely not included, My advice for you is that, if you are a chriatian or muslim, go on your knees or sit on your mat, write out all the qualities you want your future spouse to possess, and pray fervently, You will definitely meet that bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh.

I'm practicing Christianity; And God has already noted that, but i sometimes don't allow my spiritual life to determine all i do, but on this one, God knows my desire!.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Oluschenco(m): 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2011
Marriage is problematic in ds our generation, only few are left out. D years of courtship doesnt count cos pple can hide their behavior for decades. My point of view is dat if one is a goat (morally) d oda shd try as much as possible 2b a sheep. Cos 2 goats wont find it easy to eat in a plate, odawise they break it.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2011
....;;;
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ayolinger(m): 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2011
Oluschenco:

Marriage is problematic in ds our generation, only few are left out. D years of courtship doesnt count cos pple can hide their behavior for decades. My point of view is dat if one is a goat (morally) d oda shd try as much as possible 2b a sheep. Cos 2 goats wont find it easy to eat in a plate, odawise they break it.

I'm a Sheep and am proud to say it,

PStylish:

For a man o,
I think the right time to get married is when you have a steady source or sources of income, a house (rented apartment at least) and a car (very compulsory if not mandatory).

Tought as much, but seriously, i would rather my own house!,
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by maclatunji: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2011
Question: When Is The Right Time To Get Married?

Answer:

1. When you have most of what it takes in terms of Finance (for the man), physical as well as emotional maturity and time.

+

2. When you find a compatible person based on parameters that only you can set for yourself who is feeling you at least half-as-much as you are feeling them.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ayolinger(m): 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2011
maclatunji:

Question: When Is The Right Time To Get Married?

Answer:

1. When you have most of what it takes in terms of Finance (for the man), physical as well as emotional maturity and time.

+

2. When you find a compatible person based on parameters that only you can set for yourself who is feeling you at least half-as-much as you are feeling them.

Oro(Word), I perfectly feel you Bro.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by DaDoctor: 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2011
WHENEVER U FEEL YOUR DICKKK /PUZZY MUSCLES ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO WITHSTAND ANY PRESSURE !!! cool
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
Fhemmmy:

It is not about age, it is about maturity and when you can afford to take care of a home or a wife . . . . When you are able to forgive without being apologized to, and once you have stop being selfish
I wonder how a jobless guy should get married at 23 only to heap the responsibility on his parent.Most of them may have actually got the lady pregnant by mistake only to be forced to do one small engagement and live together.Apart from money,being actually ready at the right time is also important.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2011
Da Doctor:

WHENEVER U FEEL YOUR DICKKK /PUZZY MUSCLES ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO WITHSTAND ANY PRESSURE !!! cool
what has that got to do with marriage.quack!!!
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by DaDoctor: 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2011
Julieccentric:

what has that got to do with marriage.quackDA DOCTOR!!!

IT HAS SO MUCH MY DEAR. IN MARRIAGE IT IS FULL TIME UNLIKE ALL THESE SHAKARA U DO TO U GUY BY SUCKIN HIM AND HE JUST FIGRIN UR BOWL-LIKE Womanliness. DONT U GET IT? IT IS FULL STAMINA GAME cool cool
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by DaDoctor: 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2011
Julieccentric:

what has that got to do with marriage.quack!!!

SORRY ARE U FROM THE APE LINEAGE? JUST ASKING COS U LOOK LIKE ONE MONKY WEY MISS FOR NEKED ZOO IN OWERRI. ARE U THE ONE? TELL ME ITS A LIE
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ayolinger(m): 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2011
Da Doctor:

Its Extremely on Point Boss!

~Bluetooth:

I wonder how a jobless guy should get married at 23 only to heap the responsibility on his parent.Most of them may have actually got the lady pregnant by mistake only to be forced to do one small engagement and live together.Apart from money,being actually ready at the right time is also important.

So many in my area, i even recently witness a 19yrs old guy impregnate a girl and now they are married, now the guy have to go look for a job to support the girl and the girl stay at her parent place, One of the reason why i started this thread!,

Da Doctor:

SORRY ARE U FROM THE APE LINEAGE? JUST ASKING COS U LOOK LIKE ONE MONKY WEY MISS FOR NEKED ZOO IN OWERRI. ARE U THE ONE? TELL ME ITS A LIE

Oga Docki, that one too much now, but make me self do aproko check for myself.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by DaDoctor: 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2011
ayolinger:

Its Extremely on Point Boss!

cool cool cool

So many in my area, i even recently witness a 19yrs old guy impregnate a girl and now they are married, now the guy have to go look for a job to support the girl and the girl stay at her parent place, One of the reason why i started this thread!,

tongue

Oga Docki, that one too much now, but make me self do aproko check for myself.

tongue grin grin ;DCONFIRM AND REVERT NA.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by shumno(f): 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2011
When you are matured, physically, spiritually and emotionally. You need all that for a succesfull marriage. You ll certainly know it when it is time.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ayolinger(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2011
Da Doctor:

tongue grin grin ;DCONFIRM AND REVERT NA.

I tell you Doc.

Da Doctor:

Bros she fine now,

shumno:

When you are matured, physically, spiritually and emotionally. You need all that for a succesfull marriage. You ll certainly know it when it is time.

Noted bros.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2011
ayolinger:

I believe the man should be independent financially while the lady also should be able to support her husband.However in a situation whereby marriage happens by mistake and they are forced to struggle to live their lives,i wonder how they can sufficiently live a good life.People should not run into cuz Its not worth it !
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by DaDoctor: 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2011
@AYO. She fine? na wa oh.

***praying and binding** Oh God pls help this young man marry a fine gal and not a n ape as a wife now that he has been bewitched.

**from behind Ayo says ;**

Amin!!
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by hallmark77: 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2011
Maturity is the key.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by fekon: 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2011
Its really a pity that most of us tends to take marriage as a textbook affair where someone would just give u tips on what to do to make ur marriage a success, it goes beyond that, every marriage has his own peculiarities which the couple must understand to make success out of it. The most challenging weaknesses i have noticed in most marriages is people forgetting that they must face challenges before sweetness start showing up, although some experience sweetness from the beginning, my brother/sister i advise u face the challenging part of it in the beginning so that when the sweet times start rolling in it will not get into ur head and u will be able to also put others through in the time of their challenges, felix okon
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by biilwwu(m): 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2011
when your joysticks is dist-oping you.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by yme1(f): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2011
When both of them are mentally ready
Most peeps make the mistake of trying to learn and know what marriage is all about before venturing into it but that is an EPIC fail because marriage is like life you never stop learning and understanding each other, the second either one of you try to stop learning or knowing each other then the once happy home is gonna hit the rock
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by LEXYLOV: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2011
@Fhemmmy has said it all. smiley
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by randyorton: 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2011
minute:

Regardless of what any of your answers tell you, it's a good idea to wait to marry until you are at LEAST 27. There is
a time around your mid twenties where men and women have mini "mid-life" crises. Priorities change, and personality
changes and things that seem right and good at 23 or 24, just do not make sense for the rest of your days. Trust me.
If you force it, you'll regret it. That doesn't mean you cant be in a committed relationship, or even engaged. Just not married.

the fact that u married at that very late age of 27 yr doesnt mean that it is right. Sincerely,what good can u get out of d body of a 27 yrs old woman. why would she wait till that late age b4 she marries. To globe trot?
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ayolinger(m): 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2011
randyorton:

the fact that u married at that very late age of 27 yr doesnt mean that it is right. [b]Sincerely,what good can u get out of d body of a 27 yrs old woman.
why would she wait till that late age b4 she marries. To globe trot? [/b]

Pls try and be more explicit with the bold part cos i've seen couple that got married late and don't know about the enjoyment, but from outside, they are doing just fine, so bros help out!,

fekon:

Its really a pity that most of us tends to take marriage as a textbook affair where someone would just give u tips on what to do to make your marriage a success, it goes beyond that, every marriage has his own peculiarities which the couple must understand to make success out of it. The most challenging weaknesses i have noticed in most marriages is people forgetting that they must face challenges before sweetness start showing up, although some experience sweetness from the beginning, my brother/sister i advise u face the challenging part of it in the beginning so that when the sweet times start rolling in it will not get into your head and u will be able to also put others through in the time of their challenges, felix okon
i strongly believe you, i'm not about learning marriage am only after peoples experience, and what their advise for we that are yet to get married,
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by charlsecy4(m): 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2011
Age is not particularly important in marriage, however, one cannot neglect its relevance. Maturity is expected to come with age, but this expectation does not always come true. Readiness is a very important factor in marriage, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. Maturity and sustenance are equally important.

Depending on individuals and circumstances, a person may reasonably go into marriage at any age from 25. One can hardly be definite about this as many factors are involved.

Marriages Must Not Be Based on any of the Followings:

He or she loves you.
Because of a pregnancy.
Because the person helped you in the past.
Out of fear that no one else will want to marry you.
Because all your friends are married.
For immigration purposes.
You are tired of being single.
You want to be free from parents.
You don't want people gossiping about the two of you living together.
To be intimate.
To ease loneliness.
To be happy.
To show you are an adult.
To save or help someone.
Because you want a baby.
For money.
You've always wanted a fancy wedding.
You think you are running out of time to get married.

Instead, marry for these reasons:

You are in love with one another.
A desire to share your life with another.
To have a lifetime companion.
Realistic expectations.
Willingness to help one another fulfill their own needs and dreams.
Willingness to tolerate each other's weaknesses.

Never neglect prayer and work in the success of a marriage.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by maclatunji: 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2011
charlsecy4:

Age is not particularly important in marriage, however, one cannot neglect its relevance. Maturity is expected to come with age, but this expectation does not always come true. Readiness is a very important factor in marriage, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. Maturity and sustenance are equally important.

Depending on individuals and circumstances, a person may reasonably go into marriage at any age from 25. One can hardly be definite about this as many factors are involved.

Marriages Must Not Be Based on any of the Followings:

He or she loves you.
Because of a pregnancy.
Because the person helped you in the past.
Out of fear that no one else will want to marry you.
Because all your friends are married.
For immigration purposes.
You are tired of being single.
You want to be free from parents.
You don't want people gossiping about the two of you living together.
To be intimate.
To ease loneliness.
To be happy.
To show you are an adult.
To save or help someone.
Because you want a baby.
For money.
You've always wanted a fancy wedding.
You think you are running out of time to get married.

Instead, marry for these reasons:

You are in love with one another.
A desire to share your life with another.
To have a lifetime companion.
Realistic expectations.
Willingness to help one another fulfill their own needs and dreams.
Willingness to tolerate each other's weaknesses.

Never neglect prayer and work in the success of a marriage.

This is so on-point.
+1
i
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by cogbuagu: 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2011
If u want ur marriage to last

For man, try and marry someone u ar older den with at list 15 years older.
Not you marrying at very old age ooo and marrying woman already old ooo.

the woman most still be young, say 18 years and the man like 35 above,
in so doing, by the time the woman has gotten to age of 30, she most hav got use to
you way and style of live.
and she feel that is the way live is.

in summary,
marry a girl that is very young,
train her the way u want her to be and when her follow,
she will not depart from it

and the marriage simply last.

Thanks

Chuba.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by yomz1e(m): 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2011
[size=18pt]NEVER[/size] life too sweet joh o!
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by brainpulse: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2011
When you believe you are ripe enough to add value to someones life.
Marriages fails because alot of people base it on what they actually want from it not what they actually prepared to give to it.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Olalekan0(m): 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2011
There should be no set age for marriage,you could marry at 18 and you could also wait till 45 if need be. However,the most appropraite time to get married is when you have the funds to cater to your family so that your kids would not turn into street urchins and love-peddlers.

People keep shouting MATURITY as though that will put food on your table or send your kids to school.

70% of cheating spouses today are women whose husbands cannot financially take care of them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two-headed Manhood!! What Would You Do? / Do you ever think Marriage Is Overrated? / Suggest Names For Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.