Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,528 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

Is Sambo Rallying His Troops Against Any Foe Come 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Sambo Rallying His Troops Against Any Foe Come 2015? (734 Views)

PDP Raises Rallying Cry - Says PMB Not Equipped To Lead In A Democracy / Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor / Why We Couldn’t Deploy Troops Against B’Haram -US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Sambo Rallying His Troops Against Any Foe Come 2015? by KnowAll(m): 11:41am On Dec 07, 2011
Obasanjo, Atiku unite for Nyako’s re-election campaign

PDFPrintE-mail

Written by Muideen Olaniyi Wednesday, 07 December 2011 05:03
inShare0
SocButtons plugin
26Share

Former President and the incumbent Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Board of Trustees (BOT), Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, was named among the 57-man Adamawa State PDP Gubernatorial Campaign Committee which was inaugurated yesterday in Abuja.

The campaign committee headed by Vice President Namadi Sambo has PDP National Legal Adviser Chief Olusola Oke as Secretary with its membership comprising former PDP BOT Chairman, Chief Tony Anenih and the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who were both present at the brief inauguration ceremony.

Members of the committee also include Senate President David Mark, Federal House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, the five PDP governors from the North East geo-political zone, all serving PDP senators and House of Representatives members and all ministers from the zone.

Others are PDP National Woman Leader Hajiya Inna Ciroma, PDP National Publicity Secretary Prof.Rufai Ahmed Alkali, PDP National Vice Chairman North East, Senator Paul Wampana, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, Alhaji Hassan Adamu, Dr Shettima Mustapha, Alhaji Umar Garba Chiza, the Special Assistant to the President on Political Matters, Barr. Ahmed Gulak, Alhaji Ibrahim Bunu, Alhaji Aminu Ahmed and Alhaji Isa Yerima.

Speaking during the inauguration ceremony, PDP Acting National Chairman, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje charged the committee to be honest in discharging the assignment, calling on the members to ensure victory for the party at the January 14, 2012 governorship election in Adamawa State.

Yesterday’s inauguration was also attended by Adamawa State governor himself Alhaji Murtala Nyako, Bauchi State Governor Isa Yuguda, Dr Shettima, Alhaji Bamangar Tukur, Alhaji Hassan Adamu, Senator Abdul Ningi, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Senator Bala Mohammed, Adamawa State PDP Chairman Mijinyawa Kugama and Senator Jonathan Zwingina among others

I am still at awe that PDP won in Kogi State, now a 57-man committee to elect Nyako has been inaugurated in Adamawa State headed by Sambo, my instinct is telling me that the strategy employed by Sambo is garnered from a script used b4, probably by his Boss, for Sambo to have any hope in hell becoming President he needs enough PDP Governors on sit come 2015, with that achieved, manipulation of results would be easier for Sambo since these Governors would be doing his bidding and one good turn of course deserves another if anything.

Obviously you rob my back,  and I rob your back. My gut feeling is, that was what happened in Kogi State recently.

Having said that, Was Audu,  the A-CN Gubernatorial candidate even electable, was he not more of a liability than an asset to any Party, I think the AC-N got it wrong, since the man’s first stint at the helms of affairs was a washout and nothing to write home about,  why gamble on him. I think the electorates in Kogi State were caught between the deep blue sea and the devil with the kind of choices they had in the last election.

That the broom party actually brought in 159,000 votes for such a derelict candidate as Audu is a testimonial the people were yearning for change but had the wrong man. If only A-CN had fielded a more dynamic candidate that could have tilted the balance, but I would hopefully expect INEC to at least release a comprehensive result of the elections.

I do not doubt the results but a comprehensive result would let all sleeping dogs lie.  cool

(1) (Reply)

Some Corrupt Ex-politicians Paint Dubai Red With Their Loots / Police Prepare To Crush Pro-subsidy Protests / Are We Ready For A Radical Revolution In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.