Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,303 members, 7,967,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 06:36 AM

Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products (26245 Views)

Peanut Milk Or Groundnut Milk Recipe And It's Health Benefits / Hormonal Imbalance (breast Milk Or Water) / Can Mixing Malt And Milk Give Blood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by AmericanIdiot(m): 6:01pm On Aug 27
Ameboperoo2:
Even the original peak, cowbell etc, how are we sure we're taking the authentic and not one packaged in one shop like that. That's why I like buying fresh milk from Fulani cowboys and pasteurize.
This is not limited to milk, all products we consume.

I heard that those boys masturbate inside the drink so drink at your own peril…

1 Like

Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by Omonii: 6:07pm On Aug 27
coldzobo:
So which of them is the best to drink ?

Whole Milk Powder (WMP) is the one that contains essential milk nutrients, including protein. WMP is made by evaporating milk until it becomes powder, retaining most of the nutrients found in fresh milk, including protein, calcium, and vitamins.

Fat-filled powders (FFP), on the other hand, are made by replacing the milk fat in milk powder with vegetable fats. While they are often used in food production due to their cost-effectiveness, they typically contain less protein compared to WMP. The focus is more on the fat content than the nutritional content found in natural milk.

Examples of WMP Brands in Nigeria:
Peak Full Cream Milk Powder: This is one of the most popular brands in Nigeria and is known for its rich nutritional content, including protein.
Dano Full Cream Milk Powder: Another widely recognised brand that provides essential nutrients similar to fresh milk.
Nido Milk Powder: Produced by Nestlé, it is a well-known brand that also contains essential nutrients, including protein.
If you're looking for milk powder that retains the nutritional profile of fresh milk, especially protein, Whole Milk Powder is your best choice.

Here are some examples of Fat Filled Powder (FFP) brands available in Nigeria:

Loya Milk: This brand offers fat-filled milk powder, which is commonly used in tea, coffee, and other beverages.

Jago Gold: A popular brand of fat-filled milk powder in Nigeria, often used in making beverages and light meals.

Laciate: A brand that provides fat-filled milk powder, suitable for various culinary uses.

These brands are often used in food production and for making beverages but contain lower protein content compared to Whole Milk Powder.
Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by nedekid: 6:18pm On Aug 27
If they sell whole milk, how many Nigerians will be able to buy with the current inflation? Milk that use to be 750 is now 2900, I saw a big can of milk for 45k the other day, milk that was 5-7
K.
Speaking of the devil, just before I picked up my phone to write, na intop milk matter weh my pikin talk say her own milk for her cereals don finish. Something I bought 2 days ago for 2900. Say she only use an 3 times. shocked
That aside, have you guys seen how much sensodine rapid action tooth paste is sold for? I bought it 4900! Tooth paste that was N900 ohh, went up to 1900, today 4900!
What is going on?? sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by EndBuhariNow(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27
The same people telling us about jesus and his kingdom are the same people committing mass murder.... When will Africa wake up

1 Like

Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by Kingosytex(m): 6:29pm On Aug 27
Risingblue008:
So whc one is more safer now

Inferior imported milk carry problem come

Our local ones,only God knows

Safe, safer, safest.
Safer is the comparative of safe. Wetin be more safer abeg?
Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by coldzobo: 6:37pm On Aug 27
Omonii:

Whole Milk Powder (WMP) is the one that contains essential milk nutrients, including protein.
Thank you
Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by DuttyChuks: 7:09pm On Aug 27
Hold SON AND NAFDAC liable .
Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by carl90(m): 7:41pm On Aug 27
What is their milk fat percentage ?
I know that of hollandia full cream milk is around 8% .

frog12:
i think dano and cowbell are ffm grin

Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by carl90(m): 7:42pm On Aug 27
frog12:
i think dano and cowbell are ffm grin

Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by Squeezer2024: 7:51pm On Aug 27
Charmingrascal:
Yet we have SON and NAFDAC with funds allocation every year.
Any regulatory agency in Nigeria is just an avenue for people in there to make money. Eg Son where u have 12mm standard iron rode and 12mm substandard, life go on
Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by bobby007(m): 8:40pm On Aug 27
So na only peak milk be the real milk
Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by ezewealth(m): 10:15pm On Aug 27
Let me explain better as a food scientist.
There are different kinds of milk
Full cream or whole milk
Skimmed milk
Filled milk
Full cream contains all the fat and non fat content. Dat is, as the milk is expressed from the udder, is spray dried and packaged examples are peak full cream, loya, kerrygold.
Skimmed milk: in the one the fat content is been removed totally, leaving less than 0.5g of fat.
Filled milk : this one the the fat is removed and replaced with vegetative oil that is cowbell, dano, milki.
Than formulation milks that are meant for infants like high calcium milk
Then their is adulterated milk, not that it is fake but are formulated to feel like milk, they called creamer eg goodtime, kreamela,
Fyi cowbell sechet milk is no more filled milk again o is now cream, is u doubt me buy cowbell sechet milk check all the information what ull see is dairy creamer, "our creamy goodness" instead of instant filled milk they used to write. So cowbell milk is no longer a milk but a creamer, many people don't this., I don't know of the their refilled pack, but what Dia rolls I am sure.
Our adulterated milk are so soybean milk, tiger nut milk, rice milk and so on

1 Like

Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by swagifted(m): 11:43pm On Aug 27
abeg is peak milk and hollandia milk bad too?
DoctorShomo:
I hope in future we won't start having genetic mutations due to some of the junk we ignorantly consume in this country
Re: Milk or Mimic: Nigeria’s dairy market, a hub for inferior EU products by carl90(m): 1:45am On Aug 28
Both hollandia milk and peak milk are full cream Milk.
They are safe to take and very nutritious .

swagifted:
abeg is peak milk and hollandia milk bad too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are You Drinking Enough Water? / Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To / NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.