Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,096 members, 7,973,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:28 AM

Personal Devotion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Personal Devotion (43 Views)

Personal Devotion / Personal Devotion. / Download Audio: Morning Devotion Worship Songs By Nathaniel Bassey And Sinach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Personal Devotion by kpakpandoN(m): 6:07am On Aug 28
You cannot get close to someone by relating with him or her only in a group. If you really want to get close to someone, you will need to spend some time alone with that fellow. It is necessary to have your family devotion, where all members of your family come together to study the Bible and pray, and it is absolutely necessary to attend Bible Study and prayer meetings with other brethren. However, you cannot get close to God if you don’t sit alone with your Bible to study it and spend time alone with Him in prayers; this is your personal devotion time.

God relates with individuals, not groups. Even in a group, when God wants to talk, He addresses Himself to individuals. For example, He was talking to all members of the church in a city when He said, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” (Revelations 3:20). Though God was talking to the entire church, He used singular pronouns. This is why many-a-times, when I am ministering, and God wants to give someone a miracle, He will say through me, “There is someone here…”. Two or three people may get their miracle from that proclamation, but He addressed each of them separately. God wants to have an individual relationship with you. The relationship your pastor, parent or Bible Study leader has with Him does not apply to you; He wants to connect with you personally, and until He has built a personal connection with you, you cannot really know Him.

To build this personal connection with God, you must have a personal altar. This is a place and/or time when you meet with Him daily. You must set aside a time every day to study your Bible and pray. You will discover as you start having personal time with Him that there will always be an ongoing conversation between yourself and Him every time, either on something He is teaching you or something that you are trying to understand as you study your Bible. Your altar is not a place you come to only when you need something from Him, it is a place you come to regularly to build a personal relationship with Him.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Morning Digest / Morning Digest / Prayers For Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.