Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,049 members, 7,966,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 03:54 AM

If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? (26199 Views)

Difference Between Managing Director (MD) And Chief Executive Officer (CEO) / Will You Hire Him? / Special Appeal To All Employers Of Labour And HR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by lavylilly: 9:47am On Aug 29
So we invited an accountant for a physical interview.

While waiting for his turn, we saw him through the camera at the reception selecting games on sporty bet

Baba dey find sure odds.

If you are the MD and HR would you hire him?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Ance4Liverpool: 9:49am On Aug 29
Employ him and enrich sportybet

37 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by naijapikin2(m): 9:55am On Aug 29
Clear red flag
Clear and present danger.

Hire him at your own risk.

This is why many marriages fail.

The man go change when we marry.

Keep waiting.😎

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by atiku4President(m): 9:56am On Aug 29
What one does with one's personal life is not my business, as long as one delivers on one's job.

247 Likes 11 Shares

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by AngelSlay: 10:01am On Aug 29
Side hustle Aye!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by AngelSlay: 10:03am On Aug 29
I'll employ him as long as he's suitably qualified for the position, everyone (including the MD & the HR) most certainly has their own devils they're hiding from people's public glare. Whereas this young man seeking for employment is even bold and courageous enough to have been open about his addiction (w/c in my opinion is not even a SIN by any means or standard, except when it has taken the place of God and his service in his life). Mind you, people play all kinds of lottery (including Crypto trading, FX trading, even if your name is in any form of pool system where a prize is to be won or awarded, you're simply a lottery player, be it Visa lottery, Canada EE, PNP, and what have you, so long as you're there to be picked, it's called lottery and all of 'em share the NLB as it's regulatory body)
naijapikin2:
Clear red flag

Keep waiting.😎

47 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by CyrusVI(m): 10:05am On Aug 29
I wouldnt

This was one of the things that made me fail Access Bank GT psychometric Assessment then

I answered that i stake bets frequently even when i already stopped doing that long ago
My failure then loud, but we learnt, moved on and in a better place now

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by naijapikin2(m): 10:10am On Aug 29
AngelSlay:
I'll employ him as long as he's suitably qualified for the position, everyone (including the MD & the HR) most certainly has their own devils they're hiding from people's public glare. Whereas this young man seeking for employment is even bold and courageous enough to have been open about his addiction (w/c in my opinion is not even a SIN by any means or standard, except when it has taken the place of God and his service in his life). Mind you, people play all kinds of lottery (including Crypto trading, FX trading, even if your name is in any form of pool system where a prize is to be won or awarded, you're simply a lottery player, be it Visa lottery, Canada EE, PNP, and what have you, so long as you're there to be picked, it's called lottery and all of 'em share the NLB as it's regulatory body)
good luck.. he may turn out to be a good employee.. but I won't risk it. Gambling does not make him inefficient on his job. But I believe those 2 should not mix.. am talking about gambling and accounting. My brother, the result of joining these two has never been pleasant.

However if three is a good regulatory machinery then he can be employed.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Starboytwo(m): 11:17am On Aug 29
Why stake in such place.

I play bets too. One of my rule is "there's always another game, any minute, seconds. I don't kill myself to play, instead I stay chilled, I let my game come to me.

I wont hire him.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Meerahbel: 11:24am On Aug 29
Starboytwo:
Why stake in such place.

I play bets too. One of my rule is "there's always another game, any minute, seconds. I don't kill myself to play, instead I stay chilled, I let my game come to me.

I wont hire him.
What people do with their personal life is none of your business.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Meerahbel: 11:26am On Aug 29
lol what concern MD and HR with a personal someone way of life, I saw a post yesterday on twitter, where they were ask to state the biggest mistake by an employee.

So a newly employed casual staffed was sack 30mins after been employed, why because, he went to a quiet corner to knee and pray after 30mins, the company ran bankrupt 4 months later from lawsuits, paying damages and compensation fee for discrimination.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Starboytwo(m): 11:31am On Aug 29
Meerahbel:
What people do with their personal life is none of your business.
true that πŸ‘

2 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 11:37am On Aug 29
That's a very huge red flag. He is already a compulsive gambler. If he can still stake games just before been interviewed then it says alot about his personality.

He will defraud the company if employed. He will never be able to perform at optimal level while on the job. πŸ₯±

6 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Sirhush(m): 11:45am On Aug 29
That is a red flag, which mean it a no for me cool

3 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by stagger: 12:00pm On Aug 29
Will surely defraud the company to feed his gambling addiction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by BABANGBALI: 12:00pm On Aug 29
Stop mixing people’s private lives with their professions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by IceLip: 12:00pm On Aug 29
Base on believe, 2sec tinx

Some addiction are part of someone life and they hardly quit so easily unless Almighty Lord intervene

2 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by shox: 12:00pm On Aug 29
No be ur papa money he use stake.
If your company money miss. Una fit hold am.

You no fit tell am wetin he go use his money do.

Accountant na to keep financial records not financial discipline.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by sofeo(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29
smiley smiley smiley
Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:01pm On Aug 29
Side hustle. Ona kan o w'oja (many roads lead to market)

2 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by BABANGBALI: 12:01pm On Aug 29
naijapikin2:
Clear red flag

Keep waiting.😎
see saint Nicholas

3 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by GanagiBitrus: 12:02pm On Aug 29
I won't disqualify him for the job based on that act alone.

Other factors bothering on his ability to deliver on the job, will be considered.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by BABANGBALI: 12:02pm On Aug 29
stagger:
Will surely defraud the company to feed his gambling addiction.
says who? Is Tinubu a gambler?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Fiscus105(m): 12:02pm On Aug 29
Its a complete redflag, someone going to interview must mindful of, not only what he/see would say at venue, but also, the kind of cloth to wear, his/her interpersonal relationship with the rest (interviewees and interviewers), infact ,the food he would eat from home, bcoz of running stomach, not to talk of the kind game or video he would play or watch at venue.

ACCOUNTANT TO BE, PLAYING BETTING GAME IN THE VENUE OF INTERVIEW, indeed he staked a very high odd against his future, only federal ,state or local govt in naija would go ahead to recruit such individual.

All those criteria are the things that interviewers normal watchout for, to select the best of the best candidate and not only academic performances.

Thou, in naija na who you know sha.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Kobicove(m): 12:03pm On Aug 29
I can't entrust the finances of my business to the care of someone who gambles!

I don't care if he's the most qualified I will not employ him!!!

5 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Godfullsam(m): 12:03pm On Aug 29
atiku4President:
What one does with one's personal life is not my business, as long as one delivers on one's job.

Ok o..

When one employ ones and one empty ones company's account to play 2 sure odds.

One will understand that one must be careful not to engage punt addicts cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Dumfrank(m): 12:03pm On Aug 29
No, I will not hire him. He is meant to be checking out the companies website or doing something that should be productive to the job his applying for.
Betting should be at his leisure or when out of that work environ.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by KingLion007(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29
So you don't know the likes of Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, David, Wizkid etc run the side hustle abi... Guyman they do buh they can't come out to tell u. Bet is very easy to win once u have money...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by oluwaseyi0: 12:06pm On Aug 29
Can't he do that at other time

He will probably be doing same during work hours
Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by Kobicove(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29
shox:
No be ur papa money he use stake.
If your company money miss. Una fit hold am.

You no fit tell am wetin he go use his money do.

Accountant na to keep financial records not financial discipline.

It is when such a person starts using company funds to place bets and if he loses he will do teeming and lading that you will know that this habit poses a big risk for your organization

5 Likes

Re: If You Are The MD And HR, Would You Hire Him? by numericalguy(m): 12:09pm On Aug 29
lavylilly:

Dey play with fire

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market / UBA Graduate Recruitment 2021 / Kaduna State Teachers Recruitment Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.