Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,802 members, 7,976,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 05:26 PM

We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ (38014 Views)

Napoli President Sets €200m Price Tag On Osimhen, Says "Only PSG Can Afford Him" / Micheal Emenalo Leaves Role As Monaco Sporting Director / Michael Emenalo Appointed As Monaco Sporting Director Weeks After Chelsea Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by Great100000: 12:31pm On Sep 01
We have made our choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director breaks silence on Osimhen’s first team ban.

Napoli signed Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea before England's transfer window closed, but Osimhen remains at the club.

Napoli’s Sporting Director, Giovanni Manna, has spoken about his club’s decision to axe Super Eagles forward, Victor Osimhen, from Antonio Conte’s senior squad, Soccernet.ng reports.

The 25-year-old looked set to join Chelsea on transfer deadline day, but the deal fell through due to a difference in salary expectations from both parties.

Osimhen had not trained with the Napoli senior team since the start of the month, missing their pre-season games in a bid to force an exit from Italy.

However, the move didn’t happen, leaving the Nigerian no choice but to continue his football journey with Napoli.

The manner in which Osimhen handled the situation angered the Napoli hierarchy. As a result, the 2023 Scudetto winners handed Osimhen’s number 9 jersey to Romelu Lukaku and banished the former LOSC Lille man from all first-team appearances.

Speaking in an interview with DAZN, Napoli’s Sporting Director remained composed about his side’s ability to cope without the 2023 CAF Player of the Year.

“We’ve made significant investments; we brought in Lukaku and kept Raspadori and Simeone, which wasn’t guaranteed. Right now, we are sticking to our consistent approach that we’ve had from the start. Victor has expressed his desire not to play for Napoli, and we have made other choices. The market is still open, there are many options, but I don’t think Victor will be going to Saudi Arabia in this transfer window,” Manna said in quotes revealed by Napoli Zone.

Osimhen, having missed yesterday’s Napoli clash against Parma, seems to have lost his place in Conte’s first-team squad. It is unclear if he will be given time to play in the rest of Napoli’s games this year.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/08/we-have-made-our-choice-napolis-sporting-director-breaks-silence-on-osimhens-first-team-ban.html

8 Likes

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by pdppower: 12:41pm On Sep 01
enimoli:
I wonder who is advising Osimhen. I pray this will not be the end of his playing career

This is really a trying time for the guy. May God see him through.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by AfonjaMozlem(f): 1:09pm On Sep 01
Osimhen is losing nothing

He gets paid
Napoli won't win Serie A
He will play well for his country
A desperate top club will come for him in January because nobody doubts his quality

The problems here are human - transfer fee, salary, pride, stubbornness - from both parties.

213 Likes 17 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by Mjshexy(f): 1:54pm On Sep 01
I hope this will not stop his weekly wages even if he doesn't kick a ball for Napoli

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by femi4: 3:41pm On Sep 01
December is nearby. He needs the national team now for match fitness.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by enemyofprogress: 3:42pm On Sep 01
Osimhen go soon use him hand finish himself

Negative paternity tests high; Yoruba accounted for 53%, Igbo 31.3%, Hausa 1.20% testing trends: DNA report

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by Quelme: 3:42pm On Sep 01
I hope this proud and arrogant Osimhen can go on Instagram to lash out at Conte and the Napoli supporters same way he abused Nigerians and ex national team coach, Finidi.

132 Likes 17 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01
Anyone is replaceable , why kill yourself over one woman when we have billions women around the world, same goes for women too, he tried for them but when things goes sour, everyone should parted his way. Osihmen won trophy for them and also for himself, that would be part of his CV too. No bi today nyansh dey for back, you might be important today and be irrelevant tommorow. He should have moved when he is hot and facing racism

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by HitRun(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01
Great100000:

The manner in which Osimhen handled the situation angered the Napoli hierarchy. As a result, the 2023 Scudetto winners handed Osimhen’s number 9 jersey to Romelu Lukaku and banished the former LOSC Lille man from all first-team appearances.

But Lukaku wore no 11 shirt yesterday.

He will eventually be brought into the team because after all the grandstanding, Napoli stands to lose by not fielding him. Sometimes, clubs overstate their power.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by udemzyudex(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01
Mjshexy:
I hope this will not stop his weekly wages even if he doesn't kick a ball for Napoli

It can't stop his weekly wages, e go complete pa.

If he doesn't play, he will earn his money simple.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by casualobserver: 3:44pm On Sep 01
Osinmhen is still young, he should just see out his contract. Last last dem go beg am or terminate his contract. Napoli cannot afford to lose him for free. He should never have renewed but now that he is in this position, he should play hard ball. They are the ones who messed up the Saudi transfer by jerking up the price after they had agreed a price with the Saudi club causing them to switch to toney.

If it were me I will make sure Napoli do not get a fee for me.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by elder1002(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01
ANGER AND ARROGANCE NO DAE PAY LAS LAS.

HIS ATTITUDE AND CHARACTER KILLED HIS CARRIER EXPECIALLY WHEN FABIO POSTED HIS COMMENT AND VIDEO ON OUR FORMER NIGERIAN COACH ON HIS PLATFORM I KNEW HE WAS DONE FOR AND NO COACH WILL WANT TO WORK WITH HIM.

HE COST HIMSELF HIS CARRIER.

ABROAD THE WAY PLAYERS TREAT THEIR COACH MATTERS ALOT TO THEIR FUTURE. SEE SANCHO WHEN HE SPOKE AGAINST TEN HAG WHERE IS HE NOW, POGBA , AND OTHER PLAYERS.

THE COACH IS THE HEAD OF THE TEAM AND ON NO ACCOUNT A PLAYER SHOULD SPEAK ILL OF A COACH, COS THEY INDIRECTLY ARE ABUSING THE MANAGEMENT AND WILL SCARE FUTURE PROMINENT TEAMS FROM BUYING SUCH PLAYERS DURING TRANSFERE EXPECIALLY WHEN THEY SEE THAT THE PLAYER LACKS CHARACTER AND HE IS NOT MANAGEABLE.

HIS AGENT ON THE OTHER HAND HAS FAULT, WHY ADVISE HIM TO SIGN A NEW CONTRACT WITH NAPOLI WHEN YOU KNEW THAT HE BECAME LAUGHING STOCK. His manager should have been on high heels doing some background negotiations before deadline but ut was very late

I pray he gets mercy and heaven forgives him so that he shines once more

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by jericco1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 01
He messed up

Now he will rot on the bench and hoping someone comes for him during winter transfer window

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by Omega50(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01
My final year first semester exams start tommorow and I'm still without my exam card. Someone pls help me with 3k to get it Pls. I'm really worried

6 Likes

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by Nemesis0147(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01
You guys sha be paying him😂

3 Likes

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by sulaak(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01
AfonjaMozlem:

He gets paid
Napoli won't win Serie A
A desperate top club will come for him in January because nobody doubts his quality

The problems here are human - transfer fee, salary, pride, stubbornness - from both parties.

If he refuses to play for Napoli, he will not get paid.

The good news is that Osihmen has not said anything negative about Napoli, and the suggestion that he will not play for Napoli has come from the Napoli officials, not from Osihmen.

The bad news is that Oishment signed a three-year extension with Napoli last year, protecting Napoli's interests. This is poor judgment on Osihmen and Napoli because Napoli still has two years left of the contract, and that means that they owe him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by Nemesis0147(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01
Omega50:
My final year first semester exams start tommorow and I'm still without my exam card. Someone pls help me with 3k to get it Pls. I'm really worried
new account
Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by razzydoo(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01
People saying his salary won't stop, yes true that but in football, continuity is important especially for a young player. Lack of playing time can diminish his quality, thereby hindering his career progression.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by tiswell(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01
Anything good for Napoli is welcomed

Emotional sentiments from Nigerians won't change sh!t

3 Likes

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by ekwuemendinso(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01
I wonder why he has not gone on X/Instagram to lash on the coach or Club, the way he did with Nigeria.... Talent without Brain

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by casualobserver: 3:48pm On Sep 01
sulaak:

The good news is that Osihmen has not said anything negative about Napoli, and the suggestion that he will not play for Napoli has come from the Napoli officials, not from Osihmen.

The bad news is that Oishment signed a three-year extension with Napoli last year, protecting Napoli's interests. This is poor judgment on Osihmen and Napoli because Napoli still has two years left of the contract, and that means that they owe him.

He isn’t refusing to play, they are the ones refusing to play him.

4 Likes

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by gigabyte13: 3:48pm On Sep 01
People wey dey advise this Osimhen be him silent enemies.....
Wether na pride dey worry am sef
He go soon burst like balloon.
You dey use Italian club , do yanga and you come still be Africa.
Italy wey Sabi keeeee people career, if you are not Italian.
Ronaldo
Ronaldhino
Even ballotelli gan sef, because of pride Dem sink am.... Who you be...?

Be like you no know who Antonio Conte be
You think say, na finidi George.
Better run comot as fast as you can for any amount at all
Comot oooooooooooooo

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by AfonjaMozlem(f): 3:49pm On Sep 01
sulaak:

Your write up shows a lack of footballing/sporting contractual knowledge

8 Likes

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by cunny88(m): 3:49pm On Sep 01
Quelme:
I hope this proud and arrogant Osimhen can go on Instagram to lash out at Conte and the Napoli supporters same way he abused Nigerians and ex national team coach, Finidi.

I wish I could give you a thousand likes.

9 Likes

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by MrPOTUS: 3:49pm On Sep 01
AfonjaMozlem:

He gets paid
Napoli won't win Serie A

Na only money una sabi,

His career is gone, he won't be d same after the end of this season, his market value will crash, his form is gone, his greed that didn't make him go to Chelsea, he's going to beg for lower amount after this season.

Foolish arrogant player. undecided

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by Berankis: 3:49pm On Sep 01
enimoli:
I wonder who is advising Osimhen. I pray this will not be the end of his playing career
That's why it is good to keep quiet sometimes, infact, a lot of times. So that you are not judged or misconstrued from the things you say. Somehow, I feel all his reactions and outbursts are hunting him.
Take a look at Mikel for example, nobody knew he was this vocal while he was playing - I thought he was deaf and dumb, not until recently he started saying a lot of things...

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by Aggroundnut: 3:49pm On Sep 01
wink wink
Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by razzydoo(m): 3:49pm On Sep 01
Ogun wan kill am finally be that. grin
Quelme:

9 Likes

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by dododawa1: 3:50pm On Sep 01
oshimen should do live video and curse

napoli

21 Likes

Re: We Have Made Our Choice” – Napoli’s Sporting Director Breaks Silence On Osimhen’ by AfonjaMozlem(f): 3:50pm On Sep 01
MrPOTUS:

Na only money una sabi,

His career is gone, he won't be d same after the end of this season, his market value will crash.

Foolish arrogant player. undecided

How is his career gone @ the age of 25 from September to December when some players have had injuries for 6-9 months, return and continue from where they stopped?

Most of you are intellectually dull.

25 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Roman Abramovich Requests Urgent Meeting With Lionel Messi’s Reps Over Transfer / Maduka Okoye Saves Penalty, Attacked By Opposition Fans In Holland / Ronaldo Scores Twice On Manchester United Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.