Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,776 members, 7,979,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 02:18 PM

Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG (673 Views)

Obi’s Endorsement: You Can’t Speak For Us, Yoruba, Afenifere Tells Akeredolu / Nigeria In Process Of Total Collapse ― Jega / Herdsmen Attacks: Defend Yourself By Traditional Means - Afenifere Tells Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by Bobloco: 6:24pm On Sep 01
Pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, has expressed concern over what it described as the near collapse of the nation since the administration of President Bola Tinubu took over.

Afenifere, in a communique by the Deputy Leader, Oladipo Olaitan and Deputy Secretary General, Alade Rotimi-John after the regular quarterly meeting held on August 27, 2024, at Isanya- Ogbo, Ogun State, maintained said the state of the nation has left the people perplexed.

Afenifere noted that the Nigerian people are sorely troubled by the pervasive hardship, crippling hunger, unremitting insecurity in the land, runaway inflation, and massive unemployment all of which have left the people worse off than they were at the beginning.

The group also observed the reckless, obstinate and indifferent attitude of the government to the long-term effects of the lack of forethought or purpose regarding the handling of the public revenue.

Afenifere, therefore, rued some of the Tinubu administration’s profligate predilection or inclination to waste resources, stating that $100m or N 240 billion as the purchase price for an Airbus A330 as a jet for the President and a further $50m to retrofit it is uncalled for.

In addition, Afenifere noted that N950m each as purchase price of a new set of armoured Cadillac Escalade Limousine SUVs as befitting vehicles for the President, N21billion for renovating a new mansion for the Vice President, N90billion as subsidy for religious pilgrimage and N10 billion to renovate the Presidential Lodge as Ribadu Road, Lagos among others give an insight of a wasteful nature of the administration.

“Afenifere is scandalised or shamed by the odium and poor international or global image which have attended these profligate or prodigal expenditures. We are puzzled that a government can be so masterful at diversionary tactics just to lull the people to sleep and confuse them as they wake amid grave national circumstances and of a strident or sustained debate of its desultory or unmethodical handling of governance”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/09/save-nigeria-from-total-collapse-afenifere-tells-fg-2/

Cc; seun Mynd44 OAM4J Nlfpmod fergie001
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by JAOS(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01
It is the APC government that will collapse not the nation

2 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by misransome: 6:29pm On Sep 01
Have Tinubu saved himself first? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by PlayMaker14: 6:30pm On Sep 01
Some happy slaves will still insult the Afenifere for talking about their Incompetent Buffon master's administration.

8 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by Bobloco: 6:33pm On Sep 01
Tinubu needs to first and foremost save himself and do this country a favour by stepping aside; this alone will enable this country to be saved from total collapse, which he has plunged this country into.

2 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by budaatum: 6:34pm On Sep 01
PlayMaker14:
Some happy slaves will still insult the Afenifere for talking about their Incompetent Buffon master's administration.

I just want to remind myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLiZnez4o_c?si=brHTXMusnRsWJVrd

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by Anither563: 6:37pm On Sep 01
Afenifere is not a legislative arm of government and cannot dictate to the Executive on how to spend its budget.

May God bless Nigeria for ever!

1 Like

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by Macphenson: 6:38pm On Sep 01
Ebin Pawa is evenly distributed. Everybody must collect from Tinubu.
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by PlayMaker14: 6:39pm On Sep 01
budaatum:

I just want to remind myself.

You can actually remind yourself without mentioning me... Or do you also mention me when you want to think properly?

2 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by budaatum: 6:41pm On Sep 01
PlayMaker14:

You can actually remind yourself without mentioning me... Or do you also mention me when you want to think properly?

I mentioned you because you were part of my thought, which is the reason you yiu posted here, I presume, to make one consider what you posted. No?
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by PlayMaker14: 6:46pm On Sep 01
budaatum:

I mentioned you because you were part of my thought, which is the reason you yiu posted here, I presume, to make one consider what you posted. No?

Remind yourself with something better rather than being in the pocket of Tinubu.

Remind yourself how much better you were than now

Okay?

2 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by phorget(m): 6:47pm On Sep 01
Afenifere is ipob, it is only ipob that wont like the beautiful policies of our darling Ebola.
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by Coolsperm: 6:49pm On Sep 01
Even we Yoruba Muslims are getting tired of this useless one Nigeria
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by helinues: 6:50pm On Sep 01
Afenifebi should STFU

A group which always fail with what they support

3 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by franchasng: 6:53pm On Sep 01
Tinubu really lost it, though we that didn't believed in him from the onset like Buhari are not surprised because a man that confiscated Lagos state for 23 years, pilfering and looting Lagos treasury with reckless abandon cannot turn to a saint just because he bribed his way to become the President, he can only get worst undecided

2 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by PlayMaker14: 6:53pm On Sep 01
helinues:
Afenifebi should STFU

A group which always fail with what they support
Just like I said in my comment above, see this one is already hitting at Afenifere because of the Incompetent Buffon called Tinubu he supports. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by helinues: 6:56pm On Sep 01
PlayMaker14:
Just like I said in my comment above, see this one is already hitting at Afenifere because of the Incompetent Buffon called Tinubu he supports. grin

Sorry who is this?

2 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by budaatum: 6:56pm On Sep 01
PlayMaker14:

Remind yourself with something better rather than being in the pocket of Tinubu.

Remind yourself how much better you were than now

Okay?

I was never in the pocket of Tinubu. And how better I am now does not depend on any politician, or god even, since I depend much on the sweat off my brow.

I do wish Obi had been elected though, because I love change.

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by Kobojunkieee: 6:57pm On Sep 01
JAOS:
It is the APC government that will collapse not the nation
The nation is actually at the edge of the cliff at this point actually! undecided

1 Like

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by GreenxGreen: 6:58pm On Sep 01
The country has already collapsed 😔

2 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by PlayMaker14: 6:59pm On Sep 01
budaatum:

I was never in the pocket of Tinubu. And how better I am now does not depend on any politician, or god even, since I depend much on the sweat off my brow.

I do wish Obi had been elected though, because I love change.
In the end, if you want to "remind yourself" on anything, do that without coming into my mention.

Hope you understand?

Stay blessed.
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by PlayMaker14: 6:59pm On Sep 01
helinues:

Sorry who is this?
Your God.
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by helinues: 7:01pm On Sep 01
PlayMaker14:
Your God.

Stop being incoherent on my mentions. Trolling shouldn't be a profession or?

3 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by Tellmeastory: 7:01pm On Sep 01
Coolsperm:
Even we Yoruba Muslims are getting tired of this useless one Nigeria

No more allocation from Abuja without the “useless Nigeria”. …..Hope you know that.

Are you ready to fend for yourselves with cocoa earnings?

So easy to come online and type out of your butthole.
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by PlayMaker14: 7:02pm On Sep 01
helinues:

Stop being incoherent on my mentions. Trolling shouldn't be a profession or?
Anyone who brings you back to your senses is "Trolling" you?

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by helinues: 7:04pm On Sep 01
PlayMaker14:

Lol

As some of you guy's lives revolve around politics, others can never make sense to you most especially those who are not supporting what you support
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by PlayMaker14: 7:05pm On Sep 01
helinues:

As some of you guy's lives revolve around politics, others can never make sense to you most especially those who are not supporting what you support
Since your own life does not revolve around politics, what are you doing in this thread? 🤡

3 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by budaatum: 7:06pm On Sep 01
PlayMaker14:
In the end, if you want to "remind yourself" on anything, do that without coming into my mention.

Hope you understand?

Stay blessed.

It is a public forum. You can't control who quotes what you post or comes into you mentions.

Hope you understand. Be more blessed.
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by helinues: 7:07pm On Sep 01
PlayMaker14:
Since your own life does not revolve around politics, what are you doing in this thread? 🤡

You are not in any position to tell me which threads to respond to. Wondering why some of you just lack respect for others opinions

That's what I am saying about having something meaningful happening to one.

Try and engage yourself in something meaningful and you would forget about this senseless trolling
Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by Kobojunkieee: 7:08pm On Sep 01
budaatum:
■ I was never in the pocket of Tinubu. And how better I am now does not depend on any politician, or god even, since I depend much on the sweat off my brow. I do wish Obi had been elected though, because I love change.
Obi, like every other politician who has occupied office in the last 25 years, has nothing like change to offer anyone, even Nigerians. If he did, he would have at least accomplished one of the following in the 7 or so years he spent as governor of Anambra State back when the Naira was still strong and funds were in good supply for such projects to have been carried out. undecided
■ Clean water supply to homes
■ Robust sewage and water management system
■ Effective Waste management system
■ Good schools with world-standard educational and Skills training services
■ Internet connectivity in both homes and businesses
■ Electricity supply to homes and businesses(through building of dams, use of wind turbines, and better distribution services)
■ World Standard equipped Healthcare network
■ Sturdy road network complete
■ Passenger Rail system linking at least the major towns and cities
■ Network of Libraries with free access to members of the public to support learning
■ Better prison facilities and rehabilitation programs
■ Expansion of police-community programs to help capture crimes across all parts of the state.
■ Excellent Gas transmission network for the direct piping of gas into homes.
, etc.

Obi could not accomplish any of this, even though he is quite aware of how beneficial these are in every developed economy out there because he did not have [i]change [/i]in mind even as a governor. He does not have it even now. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by budaatum: 7:08pm On Sep 01
PlayMaker14:

Lol

See what I mean?

Just as helinues can not stop you quoting and mentioning him, so can you not control me quoting or mentioning you.

1 Like

Re: Save Nigeria From Total Collapse, Afenifere Tells FG by trutharena: 7:09pm On Sep 01
Afenifere should be careful with their choice of words.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nafdac Reads Riot Act To Onitsha Drug Traders / Bayelsa Govt Destroys Illegal Structures In Yenagoa / Pdp Governors Endorse Yar'adull For 2011-joke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.