Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,171 members, 7,970,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:46 PM

We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee (14227 Views)

Oyedele, Chair Of Presidential Tax Reform Committee, Resigns From PwC / Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead / Nigerian Government May Increase VAT To Fund New Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by LibertyRep: 12:22pm On Sep 03
That's what they do. Increase, increase and increase

2 Likes

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Tealcrestmedia(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03
Lol.. This journey will be very long for Nigerians.
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Shinzokiyotake(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03
Make Una just kil us kawai mtscheeew
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Forumites: 12:23pm On Sep 03
fuckingAyaya:
people that started before you have all ran out of steam when reality hit them badly, they now resort to saying 'Toh' goodluck on your 30k adventure na here all of us dey.
I warned him. Na today ? We’ve seen guys worse than him. Ask sarrki. 😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Artscollection: 12:24pm On Sep 03
aariwa:
Tinubu with his clueless and very poor leadership is bent on turning his beloved supporters not only into extreme paupers but full blown ebinpawa almajiris

Most of them have gone mad already. How do you even 4give yourself. Voting tinubu is like slow suicide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by givedemwotowoto: 12:24pm On Sep 03
madridguy:
When we can hardly buy mere toiletries or even eat conveniently?

Is this madness or wickedness?

Tinubunomics. This will teach Obi a lesson he’ll never forget

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by TK9680: 12:25pm On Sep 03
Two years, repeating the same thing. My honest view, tax payers money wasted

1 Like

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by phorget(m): 12:25pm On Sep 03
Nah wa o! Tilumbu too do o!

1 Like

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Free2Fly: 12:26pm On Sep 03
madridguy:

grin grin
Have they hacked this one's account

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Artscollection: 12:27pm On Sep 03
motionarena:
Mumu country
You want to operate similar economy to Europe and US, On top a useless minimum wage.

Everybody is crying and wailing about the situation of the economy can hardly see anyone who is happy with what is going on.

But come 2027 una go still troop vote Jagaban for second term.

No be juju be that!

Nothing like everyone, those people that always choose Politics over competente should be blamed.
SE stood there ground no need for nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Princedapace(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03
CyrusVI:
He should Tax us as much as he can

FG needs to generate as much money as they can and since FG isnt a commercial firm, the money can only come from us the citizen

Very useless comment. Nigeria runs an expensive system of govt where the politicians are so expensive to maintain. Instead of glamouring for this to be fixed, u are supporting taxing the citizens further who dont have stable electricity but have to buy expensive fuel to fuel home, fuel business and fuel ca while politicians get all of these for free. Madness

2 Likes

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by DeepSight(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03
Are these people so daft or so tone deaf or what? A protest on hardship barely ended.
And you think its the right to time voice your proposed tax hikes.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by opineflu(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03
madridguy:

why are you bleating like the bereaved.
Pls pay your tax as a patriotic citizen you are.

1 Like

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Callosobruchus(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03
This kind of news can easily be a fake news, just like the one I read about FG planning to increase the pump price of PMS to N1000/litre.
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Lukuluku69(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03
Why only 10%? Just make it 50% nah.

1 Like

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Omoapena(m): 12:31pm On Sep 03
At this point, they should just kill everyone, and stop making us to suffer unbearably...
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by RightChanneI: 12:33pm On Sep 03
Is this the right policy when the country is badly hitting with high inflation. Kudos to APC government since 2015
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Tochi3(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03
madridguy:

grin grin

..are you not even ashamed of yourself...

..who are the we..? ..you mean the manhood chanters I guess.. cheesy

.is itl not favouring you & your family..? Respect yourself..

3 Likes

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by redcliff: 12:33pm On Sep 03
GreenxGreen:
angry

I just came to Post.................

SEUN OSEWA is an eeedddiiioottt 😡❌😡😡❌

Delete my account !!!

Since you will not Allow us to Permanently Deactivate our Useless Nairaland Account.

I will continue calling you and Eeedddiiioottt and a Basssttaarrrddd if you don't Delete this Account. Same goes to all your Moderators.

Lol.
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by daniwise(m): 12:36pm On Sep 03
GreenxGreen:
angry

Delete my account !!!

Since you will not Allow us to Permanently Deactivate our Useless Nairaland Account.

I will continue calling you and Eeedddiiioottt and a Basssttaarrrddd if you don't Delete this Account. Same goes to all your Moderators.

BROS EASY O,KI LO DE GAN NA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Robertgreene1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 03
madridguy:

Both!
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by aariwa(m): 12:37pm On Sep 03
Artscollection:

Most of them have gone mad already. How do you even 4give yourself. Voting tinubu is like slow suicide.
they have made a mockery and laid curses on themselves and generations for supporting a man they know is a criminal, due to tribalism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Harrynight(m): 12:38pm On Sep 03
grin

Nigeria Government be like Satan
give you something with right and and use left hand to get it back

Federal government increase minimum wage to ₦70k

And now want to increase VAT to 10%

1 Like

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Tochi3(m): 12:39pm On Sep 03
opineflu:
why are you bleating like the bereaved.
Pls pay your tax as a patriotic citizen you are.
grin grin

..no mind am..sai darling daddy, sai body odour, sai New Sheriff in town.. that propaganda guy Was all over Nairaland from 2015-2019 chanting..

..as if that was not enough chanting, he added emilokan to the stupidity & foolishness..

..Na he is talking about " we".. grin grin

..he definitely meant zombies..

2 Likes

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by bikefab(m): 12:40pm On Sep 03
For someone like BAT who believes IGR at the expense of the citizens is a signature for good governance, anything goes.

1 Like

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Jagabanbattle: 12:43pm On Sep 03
GreenxGreen:
angry

Delete my account !!!

I’ve been complaining about this constantly. SEUN is violating every rules and he doesn’t care. This alone will put him in long term jail in working society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by ransomed: 12:43pm On Sep 03
You have soaked the politicians inside PMS already, do the increase and see how Nigerians will gladly set political fire.
Wicked rulers.
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by stasius: 12:45pm On Sep 03
So the tax net is not wide enough yet?

Chineke mee ebere!
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Lindlady(f): 12:47pm On Sep 03
madridguy:

Oga stop disturbing us here. Just continue supporting the satanic APC in whatever they do.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Kinzo0000: 12:48pm On Sep 03
madridguy:

Is like you are getting back to your senses

The times are hard. Nigerians are groaning and they can hardly eat 2 square meals a day

Come to abuja and see mature guys begging fellow guys for money to buy something to eat

I pray God turn things around

2 Likes

Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by 1Hover1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03
The funny thing is that most people commenting here have not and did not watch the interview before commenting.

If they did, they would see that VAT is not increasing for EVERYTHING, in fact, essential items bordering on food, health, housing, education and transport will have VAT removed totally (which is the area that affects the greater number of Nigerians). An example he gave was that, how many Nigerians do buy a new car...these are the kind of items that will see VAT rise to 10%.

Companies with earnings below 50 million will be able to claim back VAT WHT and they will largely be exempt from many other taxes including VAT, Income tax and the likes.

Sure it's still a proposal which came about after consultations with interest groups. People can still make thir contributions before it is passed.

Modified to correct VAT to WHT as seen above.
Re: We’re Proposing Law To Increase VAT To 10% –presidential Tax C’mtee by Teenaira: 12:49pm On Sep 03
Standing5:

Textbook stunts. In a nation where value addition is almost alien to the system, someone is talking about raising value added taxes. People can barely afford to add value to what they cultivate or manage to produce.

We drink our cow milk as nunu with no value added. Take cocoa as powder with little value added. Eat corn cooked with little value. Export cocoa and import value added end products. Export crude and import value heavy petrol n diesel. What more can I say?

I think you are right in your thinking. We must start looking at adding value to natural resources and raw materials to derive real values. However, his proposal looks good too. VAT is purely a consumption tax so, the more you consume, the more you pay. Who are the big consumers ? Obviously the rich and unfortunately a lot of them may not be paying personal income tax or they may have a means of playing around with Personal Income tax. So if the recommendation is implemented, we might end up taxing the rich more which is quite good and then reduce the tax burden on the middle class and low income earners. Even corporate tax is recommended to go down. The real challenge is informal taxes on the poor and corporate bodies. How is government going to get these guys to stop their nefarious activity which has been a part of us for ages ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Wins Bauchi Central Senatorial Seat / Gowon Pushes For Rotational President / 2023: I’ll Do The Bidding Of Nigerians Not Few Individuals - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.