Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,195 members, 7,974,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:57 PM

My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote (19843 Views)

Why Was Tinubu Not At Dangote Refinery Commissioning? / APC Presidential Screening: What Was Tinubu Saying Here? (Video) / Dangote: My Refinery Will Be Ready For Commissioning Before End Of PMB Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by blamingthedevil: 4:35pm On Sep 03
The founder of the Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote has said his hair went grey due to efforts to set up his refinery.

Dangote also disclosed that the refinery was a brainchild of President Bola Tinubu.

Addressing newsmen on Tuesday, Dangote said Tinubu dreamt about establishing a refinery in Lagos State about 18 years ago.

According to Dangote: “There are no limits to how far I can travel, ours is to make our country and Africa proud; the journey just started and we will continue. Five or six years ago, I had no grey hair but now it’s history as we are able to deliver. So, I can say it’s a golden grey hair which is worth it.

“Petrol from the Dangote refinery is MS5 one of the best in the world, it would save engines, its like water which people have never seen before.

“I thank the governor of Lagos for giving us all the necessary support, 10 years ago; there was almost nothing here but this is what you call a dream. President Tinubu, then governor of Lagos dreamt of establishing this about 18 years ago, but nobody thought about coming here.

“My first here was in 2015 when I came to see the land but you can see today. This is Euro5, you can put this in your engine and begin to run, it will give your engine the best performance.”
https://dailypost.ng/2024/09/03/my-refinery-was-tinubus-dream-18-years-ago-aliko-dangote/

64 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by blamingthedevil: 4:35pm On Sep 03
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by LagosPrince: 4:39pm On Sep 03
18 years ke?

So you're saying Tinubu own your refinary ?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Softmirror: 4:41pm On Sep 03
LagosPrince:
18 years ke?

So you're saying Tinubu own your refinary ?

You are the one that have said so.

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by LadyExcellency: 4:42pm On Sep 03
Your refinery was only made possible by Godwin Emefiele. No other CBN Governor will be this heartless to suffer all Nigerians by denying us foreign exchange for 8 years for Dangote to achieve this dream.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Softmirror: 4:43pm On Sep 03
LadyExcellency:
Your refinery was only made possible by Emefiele. No other CBN Governor will be this heartless to suffer all Nigerians for 8 years for Dangote to achieve this dream.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Laggafin: 4:47pm On Sep 03
Dangote we know that strategy.. he wants to sound politically correct. grin.. carry go.. we de Ur back

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by madridguy(m): 4:48pm On Sep 03
Anything to see Tinubu favour grin

Even Nigeria current hardship was Tinubu 18 years plan. Mtchew

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Shikini: 4:49pm On Sep 03
Anything to curry favour from that
Aso Rock thief

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Zionmdde: 4:57pm On Sep 03
Could have been Buhari's dream if he was still there.
The best way not to lose your business is to stay neutral during elections and lick arses after election

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Standing5(m): 4:57pm On Sep 03
Fake news vendor have resorted to cheap HTML/CSS tricks again. Tinubu ko Tuvbi ni.

3 Likes

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by emkz: 5:33pm On Sep 03
One thing that bothers me about Dangote's refinery is that NNPC has seized control of petrol sales.

Why would NNPC be the sole off-taker of NNPC refined petrol?

This is quite disturbing.

(1) Is Dangote not paying NNPC for the crude in naira?

(2) What sort of arrangement allows NNPC to be the sole buyer of the refined petrol from Dangote?

(3) What happens to the announcement that MRS Oil was to be one of the marketers of Dangote's refined petrol?

(4) Now that NNPC allegedly gave away all their retail outlets, what will change with the current practice of NNPC buying from Dangote and reselling to marketers? So NNPC will decide on the pricing model and still hold the monopoly for petrol? I don't think this is healthy. Dangote should be able to sell to all marketers who can fix prices based on their own costs.

(5) It won't be out of place if Dangote considers getting into the downstream business and LNG. We can't have too much of them.

(6) Dangote may need to publish the monthly output of refined petrol so we know what NNPC receives and NNPC must inform us of what goes to each state. Infact, there must be independent data analysts to track what goes from Dangote to NNPC to the public. We want to know what leaves Nigeria especially when the currencies of neighbouring countries are stronger than ours, which makes selling refined petrol to them more profitable.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Skinnygee1: 5:33pm On Sep 03
See dangote wey cry up and down on Media last month grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Addme: 5:33pm On Sep 03
This Dangote refinery and it's production of petrol will dominate Nairaland front page throughout this week.

3 Likes

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Dialpad: 5:33pm On Sep 03
Visionary leader

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by LegendHero(m): 5:33pm On Sep 03
This isn’t what he said word for word.

What he said was that the Lekki area where the refinery was situated is the dream of Tinubu and his foresight.

By that time Tinubu conceived the area, Refinery was not in the picture so why will they twist Dangote statement to mean it was Tinubu dream?

This is the same way they misquoted Taiwo Oyedele and said there is 10% increase in VAT. They just set clickbait and call themselves journalist.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by omoredia: 5:34pm On Sep 03
That's why he is now taking a cut of N250 per liter. God dey

2 Likes

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Electorate: 5:34pm On Sep 03
blamingthedevil:
https://dailypost.ng/2024/09/03/my-refinery-was-tinubus-dream-18-years-ago-aliko-dangote/

They have started again ooo, agbado newspaper located at Ibadan expressway, they have started claiming Dangote glory just like they claimed British glory that Tinubu built Lagos, na dem ooo, glory claimers, Infact, It was Tinubu that borrowed Dangote the money he used in building the refinery, Tinubu even created Dangote's brain and inserted billionaire chipset in his brain.

All hail Tinubu, the lord and savior of agbado miscreants worldwide.

Awon oni iranu shior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by diamond68: 5:34pm On Sep 03
grin
Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:34pm On Sep 03
Hmmmmm Dangote the diplomatic man.

See how he over praised Tinubu, just so he could be on his good side..
Who else remember during the swearing in of Tinubu, Dangote went all the way down on his knees to greet Tinibu and Mrs Remi (Tinubu's wife)
Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by EnglishUsa: 5:34pm On Sep 03
Nn
Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Hezzyluv: 5:34pm On Sep 03
omoredia:
That's why he is now taking a cut of N250 per liter. God dey

grin
Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by yarimo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 03
Thank you president TINUBU

4 Likes

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Praktikals1000: 5:35pm On Sep 03
grin

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by ufotunang: 5:35pm On Sep 03
That is a lie
Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by sofeo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 03
Nice one.
Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Atinuke12267(f): 5:35pm On Sep 03
Woow

Men with vision unlike one ipob gbajue whose kinsmen want to use to hijack Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Was Tinubu’s Dream 18 Years Ago – Aliko Dangote by Front0lane: 5:36pm On Sep 03

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ortom At The Scene Of A Motor Accident, Gives Help - Photos / False Assets Declaration: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With Just 4 Senators / Collapsing Mud Houses: Abakaliki Residents Cry Out, Say 'Save Our Lives'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.