Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,336 members, 7,940,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations (8514 Views)

NNPCL, Marketers Clash Over Subsidy, Operators Peg Petrol At N1,200/litre / Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station / Subsidy: Petrol Hits N1,200 Per Litre In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by adenigga(m): 3:59am
The price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) in Kano has jacked up to N1,200 across some filling stations as the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) outlets adjusted pump price to N904 per litre.

Daily Trust reports that the NNPC outlets are currently inundated by long queues as the price of the commodity skyrocketed.

An NNPCL official at one of the outlets, who prefer anonymity, said they were waiting for directives to begin sales at the new price.

“We just came this morning (Tuesday) and turned on our machines only to see the adjustment. You can see it for yourself. We are here now waiting for directives to start selling,” he said.

Motorists in queue expressed concerns over the development.

Isah Muhammad said, “Where are we heading to in this country? How do we survive now? It’s very unfortunate we are witnessing this.”

Another motorist, Ibrahim Saleh, said, “I can recall when I used to sell petrol (black market). It was then N95. One day during the late President Shehu Musa Yar’adua regime, we went to buy fuel and they halted the process.

“We all thought it was going to be increased but they adjusted the litre to N65. It was something that I would never forget in my life. When things go up, they never come down in Nigeria and since then it has been like that.”

Source: https://dailytrust.com/Petrol-hits-N1,200/litre-in-Kano-sells-for-N902-at-NNPC-stations

6 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by Saao(m): 4:07am
It Muslim Muslim that's suffering us. Since the religious people were mocking us after the election, we can confidently conclude that Muslim and Islam's are suffering us Nigerians.

90 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by yinkus6750(m): 5:07am
Instead of government to have supported Dangote and ensure speedy take off of the refinery, they were busy removing subsidy on first day in office without proper planning.
Now that petrol is 900-1,200/ litre, the Aliko I know will use that as a parameter for his own pricing .
And government will still fold it's hands to continue suffer the masses.
With this local production, PMS shouldn't cost above 300/litre.
But now that NNPC is the sole owner of the product from a private refinery, they will be the ones to determine the price.

50 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by iHart(m): 5:14am
Even with that of Dangote

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by Sonnobax15(m): 5:16am
lipsrsealed
I bought fuel at #1200 per liter yesterday........

Omoh,this country don scatter finish.....

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by empron(m): 5:19am
Terrible situation,We are on the time bomb.Struglling to buy @600 and something before.This bad policy is making some people more richer and masses poorer.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by idolda: 5:20am
It will continue to get worse unfortunately we don't have opposition in Nigeria

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by Radiant01(m): 5:21am
Honestly we need to impose total lockdown in the country,make we even lock airspace make Tinubu no enter the country

48 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by shortgun(m): 5:26am
Tinubu knows nothing about governance he should resign immediately

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by WhatIf: 5:30am
It is well, I bought it at ₦1,200 in my area.....and definitely this hike will cause increase in price of food items and others.

12 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by nairalanda1(m): 5:30am
It's called 'reality'.

All in all, subsidy should have gone since the 1980's. No two ways about it.

2012 was our last chance to do this painlessly. With benefit of hindsight.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by jchioma: 5:32am
Let the poor breathe [Yaba left] grin cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by kennyz247(m): 5:32am
Nigeria is scammed

14 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by nairalanda1(m): 5:38am
Saao:
It Muslim Muslim that's suffering us. Since the religious people were mocking us after the election, we can confidently conclude that Muslim and Islam's are suffering us Nigerians.

It does not matter who is in charge.

Since the 1980's they have been telling NIgerians to remove subsidy, that it is costing too much money, etc. And everytime, Nigerian leaders and people have said no, and we have even abused IMF finish.

Over time, the strain and stress in keeping subsidy has led to this situation. We kept on accumulating debt, meanwhile lack of proftiablity of domestic refining led to our refineries breaking down. Then came the usual corruption because free money, and the usual looting. Smuggling intensified...plus no one until recently wanted to invest in domestic refining because subsidy in essence meant selling at a loss

What we have here is the end result of keeping an unstuatinable policy. If we had voted in obi...it won't have changed anything.

Because by August 2022, we were using 90% of our revenue to service debts. Infact, by 2021, some governors were crying that there was already no money for day to day activities

I am not defending tinubu, I even blame him for the mess we have now , and in a way, karma is dealing with him. But anyone who thinks that we were not going to reach this point...when the warning signs have been there for decades.....better wipe their eyes and see again

All in all, in 2012, we should have removed this subsidy, and have been done with it. But most of you were complaining then, and hailing the OJota people. Including tinubu and buhari. Buhari took over and used our limited money to keep fuel cheap...and made the debt matter worse even. Now here we are forced to take a decision that should have been taken...as I said,...eons ago.

Forget religion. What I know is, in 2022, we were in a shitty state...and something had to give. Looks like it is the fuel subsidy.

Because if we had kept fuel at N65 to date, the kind of deficit and debt we would have had would have been ginormous.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by Muhylonaire007: 5:39am
I think these people have casted a spell on us. If not, we all should be at Ojota to occupy Nigeria like they did in 2012 but no..

Fela Kuti don talk am finish. We will be alright in the end

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by princepeter566: 5:40am
I saw a APC, tinubu supporter buying at 65 naira today with his APC card

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by ezegold4we: 5:41am
It will definitely cost #1500 before 31st December

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by pacino26(m): 5:41am
One of the super 3Ks is the first to buy pms officially at 1k2. grin talk about karma been a man.

5 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by gammarays(m): 5:43am
Welcome to the Balablue Era

We're lamenting in Ba, how will lablue be?

Ronu miscreants should be getting cheaper petrol with their ID cards. They shouldn't be suffering with us.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by Tradepunter2: 5:47am
jchioma:
Let the poor breathe [Yaba left] grin cheesy

Chai.... Omook this is serious trouble

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by jeff1993: 5:48am
We will all suffer it wether christain or MUSLIM

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by nairalanda1(m): 5:48am
Blazetrailer:
Lol!!....another deluded and half educated poster

Ah well, I hope you enjoy being married to those three succubi.

23 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by Blazetrailer: 5:53am
What is he saying?? Completely deranged fellow

nairalanda1:

Ah well, I hope you enjoy being married to those three succubi.

14 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by SQLmastar(m): 5:53am
nairalanda1:
It's called 'reality'.

All in all, subsidy should have gone since the 1980's. No two ways about it.

2012 was our last chance to do this painlessly. With benefit of hindsight.
And who were the actors that prevented that from happening in 2012

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by nairalanda1(m): 6:00am
SQLmastar:
And who were the actors that prevented that from happening in 2012

IN my opinion, GEJ should have just told the Ojota people to go to hell, and removed subsidy anyway.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by nairalanda1(m): 6:01am
Blazetrailer:

But you are in love with them succubuses, and I hear that a lovely incubus is eyeing you too...
Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by Promise47(m): 6:05am
Shaira people Una see way thing una cause Muslims matter you must control everything in Nigeria abegeee na una Sabi I'm out

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by nairalanda1(m): 6:06am
Blazetrailer:

Your concubine Isthar is treating you well, I see.
Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by nairalanda1(m): 6:07am
Blazetrailer:

Lady Atargartis says you are such a wonderful fellow...
Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by Promise47(m): 6:07am
It matters who is controlling the oil and gas and fuel ⛽ use your brain Isamic has destroyed Nigeria God forbid
nairalanda1:

It does not matter who is in charge.

Since the 1980's they have been telling NIgerians to remove subsidy, that it is costing too much money, etc. And everytime, Nigerian leaders and people have said no, and we have even abused IMF finish.

Over time, the strain and stress in keeping subsidy has led to this situation. We kept on accumulating debt, meanwhile lack of proftiablity of domestic refining led to our refineries breaking down. Then came the usual corruption because free money, and the usual looting. Smuggling intensified...plus no one until recently wanted to invest in domestic refining because subsidy in essence meant selling at a loss

What we have here is the end result of keeping an unstuatinable policy. If we had voted in obi...it won't have changed anything.

Because by August 2022, we were using 90% of our revenue to service debts. Infact, by 2021, some governors were crying that there was already no money for day to day activities

I am not defending tinubu, I even blame him for the mess we have now , and in a way, karma is dealing with him. But anyone who thinks that we were not going to reach this point...when the warning signs have been there for decades.....better wipe their eyes and see again

All in all, in 2012, we should have removed this subsidy, and have been done with it. But most of you were complaining then, and hailing the OJota people. Including tinubu and buhari. Buhari took over and used our limited money to keep fuel cheap...and made the debt matter worse even. Now here we are forced to take a decision that should have been taken...as I said,...eons ago.

Forget religion. What I know is, in 2022, we were in a shitty state...and something had to give. Looks like it is the fuel subsidy.

Because if we had kept fuel at N65 to date, the kind of deficit and debt we would have had would have been ginormous.

7 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits ₦1,200/Litre In Kano, Sells For ₦‎902 At NNPC Stations by nairalanda1(m): 6:07am
Blazetrailer:

You did marry those exoitc dhampyr brides, I see....lucky man you...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Navy Ship Caused Haiti Earthquake / Dont Marry A Yoruba Man: Says Abiodun Kuforiji / ‘I Won’t Play Politics With Akwa Ibom’s Development’ - Governor Udom Emmanuel

Viewing this topic: Mightymanna(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.