Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,245 members, 7,964,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 07:54 AM

Why Marketing Is Relevant During Economic Downturn - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Marketing Is Relevant During Economic Downturn (683 Views)

Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich / 5 Businesses You Can Invest In During Economic Hardship / NSE Market Downturn: How Have You Been Affected? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Marketing Is Relevant During Economic Downturn by leMuhito(f): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2011
At times like these, marketers are often faced with difficult choices about the best options towards ways of utilising what has been provided for various aspects of marketing in the budget. Wise moves dictate that controlling costs are vital during times of recession, as not providing for needful marketing activities could be suicidal to the company. Alex, I perceive you must be in a position to influence or determine who leaves or remains in your organisation at these times, when merely observing several premises in many parts of Lagos that used to be vibrant with business activities now obviously show signs of non-habitation.

You’ll agree with me that not too long ago, when companies and mainly banks around were posting all forms of profits (real and “paper”), there was the clamour to expand the sales force and remain vibrant in various facets of marketing. It seemed then that most job openings were for “marketing executives”. Now that the tide has changed, in most cases companies not only drastically reduce the strength of these sales force, some even refrain from marketing activities completely. Let me use one word to describe any move to slash or even emasculate marketing – MISTAKE.

Typically, during hard times it seems a norm to slash advertising budget, for example, in line with a ‘mantra’ of cost cutting. Such often yields regrettable consequences later on. To my mind, a recession is both a threat and an opportunity. Where a company lowers its advertising budget while its competitor increases, it is a recipe for its brand to perish.

Let me give this free tip: http:///dxy72 

Read more here:http:///dxy72
Re: Why Marketing Is Relevant During Economic Downturn by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2012
I concur!

(1) (Reply)

Need House Cleaning? / Good News For Everyone! / Earn Big Selling Toro Toro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.