Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,533 members, 7,972,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:55 PM

FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg (20757 Views)

Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States / 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today / Dangote Refinery To Cut Ghana’s Fuel Imports And Reduce Pump Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Hezzyluv: 12:20pm On Sep 05
How much would the fuel cost gan...? Can't they let us know?
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Gadafii: 12:21pm On Sep 05
All this back and forth on setting prices, las las na near or above 1k Dem go set the price
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by 9jatriot(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05
That is the right thing to do, how can someone take loan, tie down money, build a factory and someone somewhere wants to tell him how much to sell.

NCC did not start regulating the telecoms industry immediately, they waited for them to make a lot of profits initially so that they could invest more in infrastructure and when there was more competition, before they started regulating them in terms of price.

Even then, many Nigerians do not even appreciate them for what they do.

1 Like

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by ednut1(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05
Will Nigerian pay the estimated 1200?
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Sleekfingers: 12:25pm On Sep 05
xristos:
Good for now

What a mortgaged country..
Seems there's a spell on the populace to keep quiet...because this country shoulda be on 'fire' by now

Go set am on fire na.....

People have been speaking out. And the Government are panicking. They know if Nigerians hit the street. Most of them will run for their lives. That's why they are doing anything possible not to let that happen.

1 Like

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Racoon(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05
Guess this will not lead to another round of crisis in the industry? Sole proprietor is never a good economic endeavour
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by NhlanhlaS944: 12:26pm On Sep 05
grin giants of Africa
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by 9jatriot(m): 12:27pm On Sep 05
My question has always been, how are poorer nations like Niger, Benin, Chad, Togo etc able to pay more than that? And if they are able to pay it, why can't we?
ednut1:
Will Nigerian pay the estimated 1200?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by gracealonev: 12:28pm On Sep 05
No reason to despair.
BUA refinery is on the way, and that will effectively nail the coffin on monopoly
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Saao(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05
Orubebe01:
I doubt if they will allow him do so
u think dangote is easy to you? He knows how to play the game, Tinubu is aware of that
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Sleekfingers: 12:28pm On Sep 05
Easybet1:
Which one we go believe bayi??

It is a strategy to put Nigerians in confusion.

The targeted price is 1000 naira. You go see say I tell you.
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Cmanforall: 12:30pm On Sep 05
grin Dangote wanted to shift the upcoming high petrol prices to FG cheesy

FG played smart by pushing it back to him.

Dangote may be scared in case riot/protest starts, his refinery may become a target

4 Likes

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Saao(m): 12:30pm On Sep 05
9jatriot:
My question has always been, how are poorer nations like Niger, Benin, Chad, Togo etc able to pay more than that? And if they are able to pay it, why can't we?
you're comparing people without oil to Nigeria the largest oil producer in Africa. Must you people support anything? I'm so sure you don't have responsibility yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Truthsave: 12:31pm On Sep 05
Ok grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Adakintroy: 12:32pm On Sep 05
There is so many lies in this country. I think it is now interwoven. Even th e president is a lame man here.

They say if they close border and ban import domestic rice will strive. Ok we close border. Local rice is at par with foreign. Nothing came down. They say cost of import duties and landing is affection petrol price ok. First day of refining locally the price shoots up. No export or import duties. But price is going up. Is either the so called expert are scammers or they are so unbelievably ignorant or the lies as a whole is so muddled up we don't know we're the simple start point is located anymore

Imagine being happy that we finally refining and being sad the price is hiking. My happiness did not last 48hrs.
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Cmanforall: 12:33pm On Sep 05
Yemmysworld91:
I just hope the capitalist Dangote won't finish Nigerians with the pricing the same way he has been doing with cement undecided
Last last we go dey alright

Petrol price may reach 1800 by mid next year
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Cmanforall: 12:34pm On Sep 05
LucemFerre:
Why is the media masturbating off of this news?

Cos petrol is about to hit 1800, if not 2000.
Dangote doesn't want to take the blame should that happen. FG too doesn't want to take the blame.

1 Like

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Toseenjay: 12:35pm On Sep 05
Where is Mr president in all of these quagmire,this tinubu is truly a man with nine lives.even military head of state hardly touch petrol price but here's emilokan,he has increased petrol price more than 3times in a year and few months into his government, both the citizens and the union body did nothing hmmm gone are those days truly.
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by abatically(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05
004gist:
go NNPC that failed to produce a single drop of petrol wants to now start monopolising dangote petrol

I think the FG are still trying to sabotage dangote petroleum. The FG has been secretly paying subsidy on imported fuel for over a year now and that is why the price is set at 568 naira at nnpc and around 618-620 at other major marketers. (In Lagos at least).

The moment dangote was about selling his own petrol, nnpc cried out that they are owing over $5 billion to suppliers and can no longer sustain selling at low rate. Increased the price to around 855-900 naira (in Lagos). Now they are saying they would let dangote set the price lol. Very funny. Isn't it obvious they are tying to make dangote the victim here. Why is it now that they decided to remove the subsidy (not even totally). Dangote cannot sell below 800 since the landing cost of imported is around 1,200. Now to the common man it would look like it's dangote that made the price of petrol high. Nice one FG, trying to push the blame to dangote.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by HugoBoss10(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05
Natbrowny:
In other words

Govt fixes prices that favours Dangote and Govt.

Govt will tell Dangote to claim that He(Dangote) sets the price.

Government has both front n back door keys.

God bless you for your deep understanding of their game
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by 9jatriot(m): 12:38pm On Sep 05
I heard this lie so many times that I was inclined to believe it until someone drew my attention to the fact that at least Niger and Benin republic also have crude oil

Do your own research
Saao:
you're comparing people without oil to Nigeria the largest oil producer in Africa. Must you people support anything? I'm so sure you don't have responsibility yet

2 Likes

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by danzaki63: 12:38pm On Sep 05
Orubebe01:
I doubt if they will allow him do so
, If they allowed him set the price for Cement, Spagetti , salt and sugar, they will allow him to set his petrol price.
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Fcwilly: 12:39pm On Sep 05
xristos:
Good for now

Seems there's a spell on the populace to keep quiet...because this country shoulda be on 'fire' by now

No, not on fire but should be on reset mode by now.

1 Like

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Antoeni(m): 12:40pm On Sep 05
#250 is Ok
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by ednut1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 05
9jatriot:
they have better electricity supply and dont rely on petrol that much. Many of them dont have cars too they have okada. Fuel from Nigeria is also smuggled there.
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Saao(m): 12:43pm On Sep 05
9jatriot:
I heard this lie so many times that I was inclined to believe it until someone drew my attention to the fact that at least Niger and Benin republic also have crude oil

Do your own research
not lies, they have oil but equivalent to what is in Ondo and Imo state. We're talking about the volume. If Niger refined what's in Nigeria, it can't even take care of the state capital but Nigeria oil can take care of whole Africa
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Akinsazy1985: 12:43pm On Sep 05
xristos:
Good for now

My brother. You’re very right on this. Because I don’t know why everyone is just quiet and begging to feed underneath. Everyday you must seek help from others to survive and also people will ask you too for help. If you got higher help you’d transcend it to the grassroots too for survival.

This TINUBU really hold Nigerians for work oo. Him juju work this time
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by LaRosa01: 12:43pm On Sep 05
rubbish talk ,trablism makes us hate even our helper.dangote cement is cheaper than any cement in the world,quality against price.you can use Google,it is your friend.any importer after buying must add shipping cost plus taxes plus profit before fixing price.bag of cement in America is $20 that is the cheapest at bulk price,in naira that is 36,000 naira a bag by the time you add shipping plus taxes plus profit the cheapest will be 50,000naira a bag.as we speak I know of countries begging to buy dangote cement off the nigeria market for there country because it is far cheaper.

Yemmysworld91:
I just hope the capitalist Dangote won't finish Nigerians with the pricing the same way he has been doing with cement undecided
Last last we go dey alright

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by abatically(m): 12:44pm On Sep 05
Cmanforall:
grin Dangote wanted to shift the upcoming high petrol prices to FG cheesy

FG played smart by pushing it back to him.

Dangote may be scared in case riot/protest starts, his refinery may become a target

Exactly. They had to wait until dangote started selling before they admitted they owed over $5 billion in subsidy lol. Now they decided to remove that sibsidy and raise the price, just to make it look like it's dabgote's fault lol. Why not continue to pay the subsidy on dangote fuel.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by darqly(m): 12:44pm On Sep 05
Smartjeezy01:
One litre of gasoline from Dangote refinery is #250 but NNPC and those stupid marketers are frustrating Dangote price already. We need to fight all this self centered and greedy billionaires. Enough is enough and it is now or never.

You say one litre is how much?? grin grin grin
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Lanruze: 12:45pm On Sep 05
If anybody can forward this message to PBAT, His Minister of State for Petroleum, His Security Adviser, His Kitchen Cabinet, His Son- Seyi and his Wife Oluremi Tinubu.

If PBAT allows Dangote who is a capitalist, shrewd and profit-driven business owner determine the price of fuel and it hovers above N1000 per liter there would be the mother & father of all anarchy in Nigeria.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu should read the silence in the room. The president feels his ego would be bruised since he said openly that " subsidy is gone". The President doesn't want to be seen cowardly and eating his words on subsidy removal.

An average Nigerian middle class
is gasping for Oxygen and he wants to take the Oxygen mask over their face.

His handlers better advise him.
Re: FG To Allow Dangote Refinery To Set Fuel Prices - Bloomberg by Gembu001: 12:45pm On Sep 05
Good move

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Manufacturers Capture Eastern, Southern African Markets / Scam Alert:: E-commerce-ng.com Is A Ponzi.. Do Not Invest. Photo / 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.