Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,885 members, 7,942,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T (567 Views)

Rivers Crisis: Call Wike To Order, Clark Writes Tinubu / Edwin Clark Writes Buhari, Rejects Proposed Naval Base Project In Kano / Reps Minority Crisis: Edwin Clark Urges PDP To Sheath Sword (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by Papparassi: 3:02pm On Sep 05
Elder statesman and the Leader of the Niger Delta, Chief Edwin Clark on Thursday called on the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, to effect the arrest of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike for him to face treason charges.

He was reacting to the threat by Wike to set fire on the states controlled by Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), after their visit to Governor Siminalayi Fubara of Rivers State.

He also clarified his earlier position in 2015 to quit partisan politics.

“I made that statement that I will quit partisan politics in Akure in 2015. But unfortunately something happened when I got to Abuja. What I’m saying today is outside party politics. While I’m still alive, I’ll say it before I leave. I fear nobody except God”, Clark said.

Clark in a letter to Egbetokun, read to journalists in Abuja called on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu not to allow his personal relationship with Wike to jeopardize national interest.

He reminded the IGP of his constitutional duty to uphold the law and order without partiality.

Clark emphasized that Wike’s threats not only pose a danger to public peace but also amount to incitement, a serious crime under Nigerian law.

Source: https://www.arise.tv/rivers-crisis-edwin-clark-writes-igp-says-wike-should-be-arrested-tried-for-treason/
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by ranhoyl: 3:25pm On Sep 05
Let them keep looking at him behaving like a terrorist. How can your supporters be blowing up opposition party office, killing security and you're threatening seating governors at the same time.

Without immunity?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by Tranquill: 3:29pm On Sep 05
Baba Clark you sef na lawyer and I know you understand the meaning of metaphor.

Wike was being metaphorically with his statement which everyone knows.

It’s good to support Fubara but look for a better reason to call for his arrest and not the fire statement.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by Shawarmagirl: 3:29pm On Sep 05
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by Melagros(m): 3:34pm On Sep 05
COMRADES are speechless, which IGP? The one who was appointed by Tinubu? You wan make IGP loss hen work abi?
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by Anither563: 3:40pm On Sep 05
The IGP has a lot on his plate. He should focus on real security issues and not allow himself to be dragged into the politics of the Niger Delta.

May God bless Nigeria for ever!
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by yarimo(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05
Confused old foolish man behaving like a kid

9 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by Praxis758: 4:06am On Sep 06
DSS should have invited Wike for questioning by now, but we have a dysfunctional system where institutions are subject to politicians’ beckons.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by WeddingParol: 6:24am On Sep 06
Truly, I think the guy is feeling like the emperor of Nigeria politics.

He should just calm down, some people were in the same position yesterday but where are they today?
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by Salewa97: 8:17am On Sep 06
This one na pure old man gragra.

Wike go settle himself

9 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by vanitybutiwanti: 8:27am On Sep 06
ranhoyl:
Let them keep looking at him behaving like a terrorist. How can your supporters be blowing up opposition party office, killing security and you're threatening seating governors at the same time.

Without immunity?
sharapp, Rivers state police command has come out to debunk that news, no security man was attacked, they know that gullible individuals like you abound in Nigeria, that's why they stage those attacks to get your support.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by RoxyBrownAutos: 10:02am On Sep 06
Ok
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by Shadomaan7: 10:03am On Sep 06
The elders wey no wan gree to rest, na dead go force them to rest

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by gare(f): 10:23am On Sep 06
ranhoyl:

Without immunity?

they are watching him thinking its normal, booming and shooting at security personnel, very soon it will face the police and militray personnel, they will not call him to order. what is his problem, he want to be the life time God Father in Rivers politics forever
Re: Rivers Crisis: Edwin Clark Writes IGP, Says Wike Should Be Arrested, Tried For T by trutharena: 11:46am On Sep 06
Clark is just looking for relevance.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Aodookia – Might Be An Asset To Have On Your Side. / You Know Someone Is An African Leader When: / Will A Retired Jonathan Be Part Of Nigeria's Council Of State Meetings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.