Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,352 members, 7,950,730 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? (9355 Views)

The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by pek(m): 9:21am On Sep 06
Kickkick:

She's made her suggestion but not good enough for me.
And total strangers will give you a better advice?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by nwirinedu(m): 9:22am On Sep 06
Have you collected list?
Have you met the requirements of the list?

Have you fulfilled all traditional marriage rites?

Has she given birth for you?

You cant be talking of Greek gifts if the above has not been met.

This is not a hire purchase contract. angry beware.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Cj4charles(m): 9:22am On Sep 06
shocked
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by miiraaj: 9:23am On Sep 06
Kickkick:
So I'm trying to take the bold step as a man who has come of age and want to do the needful.

First, I want to create familiarity with my fiancee's family especially the mother and father. I already know the sisters and some cousins.

So what little gift do you suggest I should buy and gift to them via my fiancee, pending when to unveil myself properly?

I'll appreciate your kind suggestions.

Get them 50 liters of Petrol. smiley
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by tiswell(m): 9:23am On Sep 06
Just pay her bride price and move on sad

Asking for gifts upandan,na ya type dey make these prospective inlaws think they are the prize

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Nicepoker(m): 9:23am On Sep 06
Sonofgod1990:

But he just answered the question naa. She's not
OK he can buy them any second hand product. Since the lady is not a virgin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Lamasta(m): 9:24am On Sep 06
Kickkick:
So I'm trying to take the bold step as a man who has come of age and want to do the needful.

First, I want to create familiarity with my fiancee's family especially the mother and father. I already know the sisters and some cousins.

So what little gift do you suggest I should buy and gift to them via my fiancee, pending when to unveil myself properly?

Hope she will plan same for your family too when you introduce her to yours too

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Nonexisting1: 9:24am On Sep 06
PlayMaker14:
Locomotive grinding machine... To ease stress for grinding beans for Saturday moi moi and Sunday stew.

This is my unsolicited advice.
Buy them that now and the next gift they will be expecting from you will be car followed by private jet. Oga start small. Just buy them bread for the start abeg.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Sonofgod1990(m): 9:24am On Sep 06
Nicepoker:
OK he can buy them any second hand product. Since the lady is not a virgin.
grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Saybal(m): 9:30am On Sep 06
BeigJawnson:

If you will listen to my advice, even if their daughter is a virgin or not, you have no business buying gifts for them now.

Save the money of the gifts instead.
Meet them one on one to know if they will allow you marry their daughter.
And if they allow you marry their daughter, then the money of the gifts you saved, add it together with the list of items they will give to you to buy to pay for your bride's price.

So this economy never make you wise not to spend money anyhow?
you are wise man

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by SINisSIN(m): 9:31am On Sep 06
You all think being a virgin equates automatically a good, caring and submissive wife?

I married my wife as a virgin, she was just 23 then about rounding up her MSC but the Shege I saw in the 4 years of our marriage en almost kill me until I changed it for her too.

Op, your peace of mind is important virgin or not.

To your question, you can’t use gift to win some in laws but try to look good, dress responsibly. You can then get a fine fancy nude color hand bag for the mother that she can use on any dress and this half open shoe for the Father.

Kickkick:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Fiscus105(m): 9:34am On Sep 06
BeigJawnson:

If you will listen to my advice, even if their daughter is a virgin or not, you have no business buying gifts for them now.

And if they allow you marry their daughter, then the money of the gifts you saved, add it together with the list of items they will give to you to buy to pay for your bride's price.

Even if ordinary GF's mother that,you want to go and meet them, won't you bring as little as bread ?

If you are more than 21 yrs and given this type of advice.

I pity woman that vehicles you to this world.
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by AutoManual: 9:40am On Sep 06
You don’t need any gift.

Just go to their house and nothing spoil.

Too early to be talking about gifts .

Speaking for myself i will feel insulted if some one like you come to me with a gift.

I can’t really tell of poor fellow minds like you people though.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by HopeGying: 9:40am On Sep 06
Baq niqqa grin grin grin

PlayMaker14:
Locomotive grinding machine... To ease stress for grinding beans for Saturday moi moi and Sunday stew.

This is my unsolicited advice.
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by HopeGying: 9:41am On Sep 06
Never disappoint grin

Lalami3232:
Someone above me was asking the OP if the babe was a virgin or a community project before he met her but he stylishly brushed the question aside. That's an indication to say that the op inherited the bus from another driver.
Anyways, since you couldn't answer that question, then I really can't tell you the best gift to give them. But nothing beats a substantial sum of money in a clean and ironed envelope ✉️ and padded with a good wine.
OP did you meet her as a virgin? If NO, then save money from now for DNA test and thank me later

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted atall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by CommentOfDMatch(f): 9:42am On Sep 06
Kickkick:
So I'm trying to take the bold step as a'll appreciate your kind suggestions.

Go there with food stuffs. That is the right gifts in this current time

https://www.instagram.com/commentsofthematch?igsh=eGQ3ZHk3b2d1YWVw
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by kayyyy44: 9:43am On Sep 06
Fowl and yam
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by BeigJawnson(m): 9:44am On Sep 06
Fiscus105:

Even if ordinary gf mother,you want to go and meet them, won't you bring as little as bread ?

If you are more than 21 and given this type of advice.

You don't need to pity the mother that vehicled me into this world...

Gifts or no gifts...

You think you are talking to a dummy. I have been in marriage for years. And no sensible mother in-law to be will collect gifts from you when you haven't married her daughter except na mama or iya bournvita

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by DollarLand2023: 9:45am On Sep 06
Kickkick:

Get the date of their wedding anniversary. Buy them a few branded souvenirs eg jotter, calendar etc. Get mama wrapper and buy correct shoe for pops. Their daughter is yours man!
If e work invite me for your wedding grin grin
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by lawrenzooo: 9:46am On Sep 06
Kickkick:

A gift pervert judgement. The best way is to familiarize yourself with them first. At least they should know you first. Not everyone would accept a gift from a stranger.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Smithwilliams826: 9:46am On Sep 06
Fruits, eagle, clothes, foodstuffs and cash
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by samplebrown: 9:47am On Sep 06
Hope you have given the gift to your parents first

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by BeigJawnson(m): 9:47am On Sep 06
Fiscus105:

Even if ordinary gf mother,you want to go and meet them, won't you bring as little as bread ?

If you are more than 21 and given this type of advice.

Little bread my foot. Hear yourself, girlfriend mother, going to visit her... Do you know if she will allow you marry her daughter or not?

You never jam luxurious mother in-laws, or mother in-laws wey no like you, even your little bread will be given to dogs to eat in your presence.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by HOSTCOM(m): 9:47am On Sep 06
Give them 100ltrs of petrol and thank me later

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by jahsharon: 9:47am On Sep 06
OBTOREPA:

Is there daughter a virgin?

The fallen Angels are disvirgining girls halfway between heaven and earth. So girls are disvirgined before birth
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Pat081: 9:51am On Sep 06
Full the father car with fuel
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by calabaman(m): 9:52am On Sep 06
What is little/cheap nowadays

Well go for:

Wine (non alcoholic)
Some tubers of yam
Wrapper for the mum.

That should be it. Remember they may still reject you.

Go with an elder and look sharp and speak confidently should you proceed.

Good luck.
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Tijani009: 9:52am On Sep 06
rtdCivilservant:

Answer the question someone asked, is ur babe a virgin? Don't u know the gift u give to a virgin parents will be different from the one u give to a non virgin?
Because of people like you I am going to delete my nairaland account, can't be in the same space with people with low iq

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by noskcid(m): 9:54am On Sep 06
Kickkick:

Buy them Corolla 2004 model
Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by Sucre6: 9:55am On Sep 06
BeigJawnson:

U no fit tell me anything, nah Solomon nah him dash u this wisdom, nice 😎

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Gift To Gift To My Intending In-laws? by noskcid(m): 9:55am On Sep 06
Kickkick:

Buy them Corolla 2004 model

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Puts Food On The Table: Does It Matter ? / Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! / My Niece-in-law Is Dying, ANY UN/NGO HOSPITALS? pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.