Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,524 members, 7,975,083 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 04:31 PM

Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him (11267 Views)

#EdoDecides: PDP's Asue Ighodalo Wins Polling Unit / Court Of Appeal Dismisses Jandor's Case Against Sanwo-Olu / Rochas Vs Uzodimma: Court Dismisses Appeal Filed By Imo Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by ogugwa1992: 11:21am On Sep 06
....Strikes out Forgery Allegations as baseless and lacking in merit

.. . awards N3M costs against the Appellants

The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja on Friday, September 6th, 2024 has again dismissed an Appeal filed by Arthur Osene and Anslem Ojezua against PDP Governorship candidate, Dr. Asue Ighodalo & Four others.

Delivering Judgement in the Appeal case suit no CA/ABJ/CV/863/2024, Barka JCA held that the lower court was right in holding that the action is statute barred and Where a case is statute barred the court has no jurisdiction to entertain it.

"Once the constitution provides a time for doing a thing that thing must be done within the time provided. The issue is a pre election matter under s.285(9) of constitution.

The supreme court has held that the cause of action in a pre election matter arises on the day the infraction was made. A calculation here renders the action above the prescribed 14 days." The Court Stated

Furthermore, the Appellate court also dismissed the allegations of PVC forgery as baseless and lacking in merit without proof.

"The burden of proving forgery is proof beyond reasonable doubt and there is no evidential basis to prove forgery in this case. The lower court finding that forgery has not been proved has not been disputed. The lower court is right that a voters card is not a requirement for qualification to contest the office of Governor" Justice Barka stated

The Court unanimously resolved all issues against the Appellants and reaffirmed Dr. Asue Ighodalo as the validly nominated Candidate of the Peoples Democractic Party in Edo State ahead of the scheduled September 21st Guber Election.
In addition, the court consequently struck out the Appellants case for lacking in merit and awarded a cost of N3M against the Appellants accordingly.

With these legal hurdles out of the way, the coast is now clear for Asue Ighodalo to contest the forthcoming September Election as the Flag bearer of the People's Democratic Party

https://leaders.ng/2024/09/06/breaking-ighodalo-wins-again-as-court-of-appeal-dismisses-appeal-case-seeking-to-disqualify-him/

3 Likes

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Bobloco: 11:27am On Sep 06
Now the coast is clear

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Thewrath(m): 11:31am On Sep 06
If they like let apc happen to them,we will all gnash together…lesson teacher and lesson student go dey thesame class.

10 Likes

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by AbuTwins: 11:31am On Sep 06
lipsrsealed

Olu D!

Olumide Akpata!

grin
Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:32am On Sep 06
Let's meet in court

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Jayhome24: 11:33am On Sep 06
They should let this man rest na. Who dey try to drag the ticket with sef?

Allow this man breath abeg.

22 Likes

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Obviouslyblunt: 11:33am On Sep 06
Mansiratou:
That's the so called unintelligent man by obaseki
no

2 Likes

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Nonexisting1: 11:41am On Sep 06
Thewrath:
If they like let apc happen to them,we will all gnash together…lesson teacher and lesson student go dey thesame class.
Hehehe
Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Damilola0147: 11:41am On Sep 06
Ighadelo is the next governor of Edo

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by ElevationD: 11:42am On Sep 06
So let’s hope that he can make his contribution to the growth of Edo state, just like any of the other candidates.

All our country needs are men if proven character. Integrity must be uppermost. Corruption in all fronts should be opposed and made away with.

Education is important, but we find that our leaders use education as a tool to get up power, cheat the electorate of their hard earned votes and corruptly enrich themselves.

Edo state is full of resources, great potentials, people and centuries long culture.

Edo state needs a governor who can build on the efforts of Obaseki and removing the unnecessary.

In all, we must thank Obaseki for his efforts and giving hope to the great people of Edo state. Governance is a process and continuity is the mark. Just like he continued from Oshiomole, I sincerely hope that the next eight years would not be wasted by the next governor. I also hope that the citizens will “shine their eyes” as they vote for the next person to move the state forward.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by floss(m): 11:42am On Sep 06
Ok
Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by eldoradoxx: 11:44am On Sep 06
I have correctly predicted outcome of most elections in Nigeria, my feeling is telling me that this APC Senator Monday Okpebhole may win this election. There is plenty under current going on in Edo State beyond is seen in the news. Obaseki is not really loved by Edo people, several political mistakes that voters especially in the rural areas are waiting to pay back by voting APC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by gare(f): 11:45am On Sep 06
ogugwa1992:

....Strikes out Forgery Allegations as baseless and lacking in merit

.. . awards N3M costs against the Appellants

https://leaders.ng/2024/09/06/breaking-ighodalo-wins-again-as-court-of-appeal-dismisses-appeal-case-seeking-to-disqualify-him/

why are they wasting their time this is the next governor of the state.

6 Likes

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by DeltaBachelor(m): 11:47am On Sep 06
Hmmmm
Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by VULCAN(m): 11:49am On Sep 06
Fuel is more than N1000 in Edo state. That's if you can get it.

If they like they can vote APC, those who carried APC on their heads are gnashing their teeth throughout the SW.

If Edo people are foolish, they will carry it on their head.

eldoradoxx:
I have correctly predicted outcome of most elections in Nigeria, my feeling is telling me that this APC Senator Monday Okpebhole may win this election. There is plenty under current going on in Edo State beyond is seen in the news. Obaseki is not really loved by Edo people, several political mistakes that voters especially in the rural areas are waiting to pay back by voting APC.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by sulaak(m): 11:49am On Sep 06
eldoradoxx:

Voting for the APC will be their greatest mistake.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by straighttalk(m): 11:51am On Sep 06
Okay
Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by ourcrudeoil: 11:53am On Sep 06
APC only hope in this Edo election is ringing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by AbujaLagos: 11:53am On Sep 06
AbuTwins:
lipsrsealed

Olu D!

Olumide Akpata!

grin
the next governor on .....

2 Likes

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by o123456789(m): 11:57am On Sep 06
Edo and Ondo state governorship elections will be tough... There is a team of politicians that messaged me to join them to hack INEC BIVAS, but I refused because they might want to set me up. However INEC must protect BIVAS because it is highly insecure.

2 Likes

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by ElevationD: 11:58am On Sep 06
eldoradoxx:

Where is the sense in “paying back” by voting for a candidate who will move the state and the same citizens backwards? In nine years of APC, are Nigerians not presently singing the songs of woe? If they choose Okpebolo on the basis of sentiments, just so to deal with Obaseki, who will be at the receiving end of pain and misery? Them or Obaseki?

Look at the plans of the candidates, read their manifestos, ask questions about competence, check character and integrity, cast your vote correctly.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Sannisege: 12:08pm On Sep 06
AI na SAN na, Wetin you expect.

2 Likes

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Typing: 12:10pm On Sep 06
Waste of time. Someone that will come 5th in the election. Behind APC, LP, NNPP, SDP. We the electorates in Edo will never vote any incompetent person that relates to Obaseki

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Typing: 12:12pm On Sep 06
o123456789:
Edo and Ondo state governorship elections will be tough... There is a team of politicians that messaged me to join them to hack INEC BIVAS, but I refused because they might want to set me up. However INEC must protect BIVAS because it is highly insecure.

Nothing will be tough in Edo's election. The people of Edo have made up their mind. It is Monday we are voting for
Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by EnEnPeecee: 12:17pm On Sep 06
shocked

With all their scheming against this man, he still beats them back to back. Asuen Asuen Ighodalo is the next EDO governor kiss the truth

4 Likes

Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by AngelicBeing: 12:27pm On Sep 06
o123456789:
Hahaha 🤣, 20,000 Dollars to hack INEC BIVAS shocked
Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Ennyjude(f): 12:30pm On Sep 06
Imagine
Re: Ighodalo Wins Again As Court Of Appeal Dismisses Appeal To Disqualify Him by Edoblakky(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06
Typing:
Waste of time. Someone that will come 5th in the election. Behind APC, LP, NNPP, SDP. We the electorates in Edo will never vote any incompetent person that relates to Obaseki
You're speaking for yourself and not the Edo people. And I'm sure you are not even in Edo State. Many of you are yet to receive sense after pushing failures into power

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west / Maibasira:We Haven't Seen Anything Youth Friendly About Buhari's Govt,Praise GEJ / Probe Obasanjo’s Administration, Waku Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.