Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,516 members, 7,971,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:14 PM

Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu (272 Views)

Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu / Travel Abroad With Purpose Of Returning To Develop Nigeria - Kukah Tells Youths / Corruption: Negotiate With Looters - Bishop Kukah Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by adenigga(m): 4:42pm On Sep 06
The Archbishop of Sokoto Catholic Diocese, Bishop Mathew Kukah, on Friday, warned President Bola Tinubu and the ruling All Progressives Congress to urgently address the economic hardship in the country, saying Nigerians are hungry.

Kukah also appealed to the government to consider reducing the cost of Premium Motor Spirit, popularly called petrol, which was recently hiked, leading to long queues of motorists across various filling stations.

The bishop spoke at the unveiling of The Progressive Institute, a brainchild of the Abdullahi Ganduje-led National Working Committee, in Abuja.

He said, “I once asked a girl if she is in the APC, PDP, or Labour and she said ‘I am hungry.’ And so, since I am speaking to those who are in power, please know that we, Nigerians are hungry.

“Find a way of reducing the price of fuel. Find a way of keeping our country secure. That will be the greatest legitimacy of any government.”

The clergyman also raised concerns about the unhealthy practice of public office holders and government officials’ continual invitation to spiritualists and ritualistic whenever they are appointed, to the detriment of the people who voted them into power.

“I will always honour the invitation of every political party. Even if it is APC, PDP, or LP that calls me, I will go. I am a twin. Our grandmother used to say the mother of twins cannot afford to sleep on one side. By virtue of being a priest, people say I am a politician. I am not a politician but I am political.

“I am concerned about the quality of democracy and politics in Nigeria. I therefore made the point that there is a growing fear that as soon as our leaders are elected, marabouts, spiritualists, ritualists, and all kinds of people hide behind the throne of power.

“So rather than being guided by science, major decisions are taken through the necromancy of illiterate people, who are seated somewhere chewing kola nuts and doing nothing with their lives, except projecting on what is going to happen. This is why I think this Progressives Institute is important because we need to move towards science,” he noted.

But the Nasarawa State APC Chairman, Aliyu Bello, said those criticising Tinubu are not different.

He said, “Yes, there is hunger in the land. President Tinubu is working on it. This is because, for every problem, there must be a solution. By the grace of God, the solution is coming through the APC, not through any other person.

“This is because those who are talking are also not different from Bola Tinubu.”

In his keynote, the Chairman of the Progressive Governors Forum, Hope Uzodimma,, justified President Bola Tinubu’s removal of fuel subsidy and floating of the naira.

The Imo State Governor also explained that the problems that came with the reforms were temporary challenges that would soon give way to stability.

He said, “These reforms are necessary. In addition, we have invested N200bn in an intervention fund to address urgent issues and other emergency policies that will improve food security, such as the duty waiver on food items as well as the distribution of fertilisers across the country.

“These initiatives represent the practical application of progressive principles. We believe in an active government working for the betterment of all citizens and dedication to creating opportunities for Nigerians to reach their full potential.”

Source: https://punchng.com/Nigerians-are-hungry-Kukah-tells-Tinubu

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Inims: 4:44pm On Sep 06
adenigga:

[b]The Archbishop of Sokoto Catholic Diocese, Bishop Mathew Kukah, on Friday, warned President Bola Tinubu and the ruling All Progressives Congress to urgently address the economic hardship in the country,[/b
Do they needs to be told

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Nukilia: 4:49pm On Sep 06
It is only Obedients and Pitobi that are hungry grin grin grin

Ronus are busy teaching Peter Obi a lesson...

When digging a pit, never dig it so deep cos you might be the one to fall in it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Bobloco: 4:51pm On Sep 06
angry
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by christejames(m): 4:55pm On Sep 06
Tinupoo is currently deaf once he is outside the country, so try again when the Bandit returns... 😅

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Mindsetmindset: 4:57pm On Sep 06
Tinubu want to plunge this country into unimaginable disaster. The man the intellectual capacity to navigate the country to Eldorado
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Curious346: 4:57pm On Sep 06
Tinubu has failed...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Curious346: 4:58pm On Sep 06
It is on record that anybody the Igbo does not support IS A FAILURE.

YORUBA AND HAUSA NEED TO TAKE POLITICAL ADVICE FROM THE IBO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by goatandyam: 5:03pm On Sep 06
Reverend Father Crookah
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by MadPolitician: 5:06pm On Sep 06
Regrettably, i have come to the sad conclusion that people like Rev Kukah and Shehu sani, are part of the problem of this country. They can wail and talk and talk, but when it comes to making fundamental decisions to save the country, the start speaking in tongues as they make critical choices based on petty reasons.

Kukah supported tinubu during the elections. He aaid he did so because tinubu was way more experienced than the rest, ditto Sani. I honestly don't know the type of experience they were talking about. Experience in Chicagogate? Experience in feudalism? Experience in paddy paddy gwovumenti? What matter of experience really?

How can you normalise the candidacy of a certified lootocrat with your support, just because he is your friend, and the start to wail later when he starts doing the only thing he knows how to do best.. looting?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Racoon(m): 5:12pm On Sep 06
Be buying presidential jet/yatch, exotic SUVs for the overfed buffoons in the NASS, or spending on senseless ventures that bear no semblance to the pain and afflictions of the common man in the nation.

Yet these bastards include the corrupt Godswill Akpabio-led Senate is nauseatingly telling Nigerians that they will be eating while beleaguered citizens are protesting for good governance? A hungry man is an angry man. And the rage of an angry man is always difficult to control.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Redoil: 5:22pm On Sep 06
`my advice to the people ruling us

lessons for those ruling us
At their Peak, they rule, chase other animals, catch, devour, gulp and leave their crumbs for hyenas. But age comes fast.

The old Lion can't hunt, can't kill or defend itself. It roams and roars until it runs out of luck. It will be cornered by the hyenas, nibbled at and eaten alive by them. They won't even let it die before it is dismembered.

Life is short. Power is ephemeral. Physical beauty is short-lived, I have seen it in lions. I have seen it in old people. Everyone who lives long enough will become weak and very vulnerable at some point.

Therefore, let us be humble. Help the sick, the weak, the vulnerable and most importantly never forget that we will leave the stage one day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by RZArecta(m): 5:35pm On Sep 06
goatandyam:
Reverend Father Crookah
who is yor father ? That rodent won't even dare repeat this rubbish you just posted
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Quest7777: 5:55pm On Sep 06
My main grudge with Tinubu is that he packaged calamity Buhari for us and watched him crumble the Economy for 4years +another 4years, just because of his selfish emilokan ambition.

Unfortunately Buhari damaged the country almost beyond repair, and now Tinubu is subjecting Nigerians to the harsh consequences of Buhari's disastrous 8yrs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by 9ja1960(m): 6:41pm On Sep 06
The Hunger is raised to power 10. My God!
Hunger go humble you like pikin.

I use God beg una, someone should pls drop something for me abeg. This is no joke.
Nothing is too small
👇👇
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Nonexisting1: 6:46pm On Sep 06
Uncle bishop Kukah, enjoy the president you endorsed in 2023 and biko, no worry the internet space.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry, Kukah Tells Tinubu by Mynd44: 5:14am On Sep 07

(1)

NNPCL supplies 46 million barrels of crude to dangote refinery since December / FG Honours Deputy Speaker, Kalu With National Honours Award Of CON / Nigeria's Independence Day Celebration In Florida, USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.