Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,591 members, 7,972,190 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 05:56 AM

Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It (41591 Views)

O’tega Ogra Vs Bayo Onanuga: On President Tinubu’s Video On Social Media / President Biden Watching Morocco Vs France With President Buhari / Otega Ogra, Swanky Jerry, 21 Other Nigerians Make MIPAD Global Top 100 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by dre11(m): 9:41pm On Sep 07
The Presidency has disassociated itself from a yacht seen flying the Nigerian flag in St. Tropez, a coastal town in France.

PUNCH Online reported that a video of the yacht, which displayed the Nigerian flag during a vacation in the French town, went viral on social media, sparking reactions from netizens.

In response to the video, the Senior Special Assistant to President Bola Tinubu on Digital and New Media, Otega Ogra, clarified via his social media page on Saturday that the yacht in question belongs to a private individual.

Ogra explained that flags used by the President or the Armed Forces do not feature a coat of arms, stressing that the official Nigerian flag is Green-White-Green without any additional symbols.

He wrote, “There have been false claims circulating that a private individual’s yacht spotted in St. Tropez is a Nigerian government yacht. Here are some points to consider in order to discern the truth.

The 42-metre Benetti yacht currently being circulated online has been privately owned for around five years since its construction.

It is important to note that this specific yacht has no connection or ownership ties to the Nigerian government, President, or Armed Forces. Any claims or assertions suggesting otherwise are simply untrue and inaccurate. It is not uncommon for luxury yachts to fly the flag of the owner’s country as well as the flag of the country in which they are registered.

The official Nigerian flag is Green-White-Green without a coat of arms in the middle. Flags representing the Nigerian President or the Armed Forces do not contain a coat of arms in the centre. Placing anything in the centre of the flag is a clear deviation.”

https://punchng.com/presidency-disowns-yacht-spotted-in-france-with-nigerian-flag/?amp

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by vanbonattel: 9:42pm On Sep 07
Leo Ogra, we think you might be lying. The heads of this administration has demonstrated in all their previous known actions to be heavily involved in lives of luxury and purchase of flamboyance, even at the detriment of people's wellbeing.

Tell your employers that we don't believe this lie. We think he owns the yacht and many others not yet found.

180 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Blazetrailer: 9:45pm On Sep 07
Lol.....they have carried their mumu voters and followers handicapped again

....frittering away their wealth while keeping them busy with fuel scarcity and increased cost of fuel....

Indeed....the best among the idiots lead Nigeria

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by immortalcrown(m): 9:45pm On Sep 07
Madness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Keaton(m): 9:45pm On Sep 07
Lowvoltage:
I pray that one day we will forget tribal or religious affiliation and come together as a country, and I pray that Nigeria will be great in our lifetime..amen.

please guys please don't just scroll pass. please I beg you in the name of almighty GOD pls someone should please help me, my little sister and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on Tuesday early this week. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since on Wednesday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for kid sis please am a primary school teacher, our mom is late and my dad has retired. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. May GOD in heaven come to your aid as you have come to ours. Amen
Opay M.A

Amen! If only most nairalanders were as reasonable as this.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by nedu666: 9:56pm On Sep 07
So why would a private citizen place Nigeria flag on his yatch

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by seunlayi(m): 9:56pm On Sep 07
Denial is in our govt blood

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Darlingjay1(f): 10:07pm On Sep 07
Una go explain taya,them go still deny una join.

For your school assignments such as project, dissertation, powerPoint,thesis, kindly contact me with an affordable and negotiable price.

Check signature for details

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Brendaniel: 10:14pm On Sep 07
Abeg which private citizen in Nigeria uses Nigeria flag with coat of arm?

Is coat of arm not mostly used by government officials ?

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Gbadugbakun(m): 10:14pm On Sep 07
It's very clear why Ngele resigned. The man was fed up defending this inhumane government. Imagine doing a job where lying is your major input. You have to keep lying day in day out. Only someone without a conscience can accept such Job.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:14pm On Sep 07
Is that an AI robot. Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Dandsome: 10:14pm On Sep 07
What did they say about anything they initially deny?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Pat081: 10:14pm On Sep 07
Na seji Tinubu dey inside

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Melagros(m): 10:15pm On Sep 07
COMRADES, if you think that Tinubu has come to robb us oil on our head, then continue waiting

10 Likes

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by mmafhew(m): 10:15pm On Sep 07
shocked
Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Flame333: 10:16pm On Sep 07
Tinubu nor send una

16 Likes

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by TINTINABULATION(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07
I see nothing tangible around this News. Does every building or Car with the Nigeria Flag belongs to the Federal Government of Nigeria?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by NaijaCover(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by xristos(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07
Wonders
Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by ElSudani: 10:18pm On Sep 07
vanbonattel:
Leo Ogra, we think you might be lying. The heads of this administration has demonstrated in all their previous known actions to be heavily involved in lives of luxury and purchase of flamboyance, even at the detriment of people's wellbeing.

Tell your employers that we don't believe this lie. We think he owns the yacht and many others not yet found.

Who cares about what you think really? There are some Nigerians who can afford it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Peacefulguy90: 10:18pm On Sep 07
nedu666:
So why would a private citizen place Nigeria flag on his yatch
.... Please increase the volume,how many times has a private individual place Nigerian flag on their vehicles and private jets.......this government to lie i swear

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by symbianDON(m): 10:18pm On Sep 07
No be small flexing these people de flex o! We de here de buy fuel 1k plus, these people de flex yatch for France!! Shey U de whine me ni ogbeni Otega?

13 Likes

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Johnpat198: 10:19pm On Sep 07
Confused leader so called APC, No direction no plan just to come out and tell citizens to use their NIN card to get rice. APC will be the last party to rule us by 2027.

7 Likes

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by ElSudani: 10:19pm On Sep 07
Peacefulguy90:
.... Please increase the volume,how many times has a private individual place Nigerian flag on their vehicles and private jets.......this government to lie i swear

Jesus! So, anything with a Nigerian flag on it is government owned?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by obailala(m): 10:19pm On Sep 07
dre11:

https://punchng.com/presidency-disowns-yacht-spotted-in-france-with-nigerian-flag/?amp
Same way the clowns vehemently denied the new presidential airbus, only to turn around after a few months to shamelessly acknowledge it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:21pm On Sep 07
One powerful politician that has fleeced us is definitely responsible
Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Matheusmartin: 10:21pm On Sep 07
Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Eriokanmi: 10:22pm On Sep 07
Lol...is all I have to say. By the time tinubu is done with Nigerians, I hope we'd still be able to stand as a nation

4 Likes

Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by Discombubulate(m): 10:22pm On Sep 07
grin
Re: Yacht Spotted In France With Nigerian Flag: Tinubu's Aide, Otega Ogra Disowns It by appleous: 10:22pm On Sep 07
Its privately owned right?

By Tinubu right?

Once they come out to deny something, be rest assured that it is true

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / PDP Primaries: Saraki Congratulates Atiku / Photos Of Tanko Mohammed, The Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.