Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,273 members, 7,940,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:19 PM

Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. (2319 Views)

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! / US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by wellmax(m): 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2011
In view of the recent decision by the Nigerian Senate to criminalize homosexuality, it has become unsafe for me and my partner to remain in this country. Please grant us assylum status so that we can move to the US and live like we want to.
Thank you.
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2011
as funny as this may be, i can already see gazillions of wannabe travelers use this technique to get asylum abroad. lol!
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

as funny as this may be, i can already see gazillions of wannabe travelers use this technique to get asylum abroad. lol!

It may not work, US embassy will be aware of that already.
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2011
justwise:

It may not work, US embassy will be aware of that already.

yeah but how will they separate the real ones from the fakes?! just putting everyone in the same bag won't only be wrong but also illegal.
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by justwise(m): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

yeah but how will they separate the real ones from the fakes?! just putting everyone in the same bag won't only be wrong but also illegal.

It will be a tough one. . giving any of them an asylum will send a wrong message to others, they rather support an NGO in Nigeria that will work with 'victims' than giving them an asylum.
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by dalebutt1: 7:43pm On Dec 08, 2011
Trust me this is gona be a new arguements for Nigerians abroad to falsely claim asylum, making false application for asylum, wastes the country's tax payers money if at the end the applicant ended up not getting their claims approved. This continued attitude angrys the citizens of these countries and further contribute to their hatred towards black ( Nigerians) in particular. Our image has been seriously marred. I cant wait for Nigeria to get better so we can rebrand this once great nation
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by llbhuds: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2011
dalebutt1:

Trust me this is gona be a new arguements for Nigerians abroad to falsely claim asylum, making false application for asylum, wastes the country's tax payers money if at the end the applicant ended up not getting their claims approved. This continued attitude angrys the citizens of these countries and further contribute to their hatred towards black ( Nigerians) in particular. Our image has been seriously marred. I cant wait for Nigeria to get better so we can rebrand this once great nation

its cool to have a dream but even those that lives in nigeria hardly sleep, so how is this dream gonna be achieved?
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by dalebutt1: 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2011
@ llbhuds, the resentment towards Nigerians is growing by the hour, especially in Ireland they seems to have a national hatred towards us, who can blame them ?
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by wanaj0: 9:22am On Dec 09, 2011
dalebutt1:

@ llbhuds, the resentment towards Nigerians is growing by the hour, especially in Ireland they seems to have a national hatred towards us, who can blame them ?

There was the story of a Nigerian living on welfare who now organised a party and invited the officials giving her the welfare cheques. They came and saw how she was serving expensive drinks for the party and they left wondering how she qualified for welfare tongue
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by Vicjustice: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2011
wellmax:

In view of the recent decision by the Nigerian Senate to criminalize homosexuality, it has become unsafe for me and my partner to remain in this country. Please grant us assylum status so that we can move to the US and live like we want to.
Thank you.

MRbrownJAY:

MRbrownJAY:

If this occurs, the US might be compelled to hold on to the original regulation as according to the Geneva Convention Treaty on Asylum related matters which specify that asylum seekers are supposed to seek refuge in the nearest safe country to the country where their home country where they claim to be persecuted: and the United States is obviously not the nearest country to Nigeria, there is Cameroon and Benin republic to start with
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by llbhuds: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2011
wanaj0:

There was the story of a Nigerian living on welfare who now organised a party and invited the officials giving her the welfare cheques. They came and saw how she was serving expensive drinks for the party and they left wondering how she qualified for welfare tongue

yea a similar story happened when i was in cyprus. a Nigerian guy (aduro grin) went to meet his social worker in her office and this social worker was forced to ask this guy that I DO BELIEVE THIS IS NOT UR PHONE COS EVEN ME CANT AFFORD IT when she realized this guy was using a blackberry phone then in 2008.

dalebutt1:

bro i have come to a conclusion that Nigerians comes in different shapes, size, forms and colors and thats why i never try to tame any nigerian i meet in europe about his/her negative ways of living. we nigerians are desperate
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 12, 2011
justwise:

It will be a tough one. . giving any of them an asylum will send a wrong message to others, they rather support an NGO in Nigeria that will work with 'victims' than giving them an asylum.

that would definitely be a tough call to make, especially if that person is later found murdered by an angry mob?

Vicjustice:

If this occurs, the US might be compelled to hold on to the original regulation as according to the Geneva Convention Treaty on Asylum related matters which specify that asylum seekers are supposed to seek refuge in the nearest safe country to the country where their home country where they claim to be persecuted: and the United States is obviously not the nearest country to Nigeria, there is Cameroon and Benin republic to start with

but they certainly wouldnt send them back to where they came from (if they were at the US/Europe "door step"wink, would they?

who would even agree to take them on?! Cameroon, Benin? as much as these countries (US/EU etc) like to get rid of such Asylum seekers, the whole dilemma is WHERE to dump them? unless that person was RICH (like these ex head of state in exile, with looted funds), most would refuse to take on a rejected foreign asylum seeker .
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by snowdrops(m): 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2011
To test the genuineness of their claim, the US embassy only needs to bring one "ogbologbo" to hammar their yansh. cheesy
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2011
snowdrops:

To test the genuineness of their claim, the US embassy only needs to bring one "ogbologbo" to hammar their yansh. cheesy

when many desperate brothas are willing to marry and live with MONSTERS (aka fugly humongous women) to get their resident permit, believe me, many will be quick to bend over if getting nyanshed (one time) was all it took to get it. lol!
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by snowdrops(m): 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

when many desperate brothas are willing to marry and live with MONSTERS (aka fugly humongous women) to get their resident permit, believe me, many will be quick to bend over if getting nyanshed (one time) was all it took to get it. lol!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Us Embassy, I'm Gay Grant Me Assylum. by dalebutt1: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2011
MRbrownjay, grin grin grin where did you come from? that was hell of a funny post man

(1) (Reply)

Move To Sweden Without Speaking Swedish / Canadian Visa / 10 Worst Cities In The World For Pickpockets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.