Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,585 members, 7,944,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

HP 830 G6 Not Working!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HP 830 G6 Not Working!! (88 Views)

USA Used HP Elitebook 830 G6 Core I5 X360 Convertible Touchscreen 8th Gen / HP Elitebook 830 G6 Core i7......... SOLD / Hp 830 G5 Corei5 256gb Ssd 8gb Ram 7th Generation For 210k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HP 830 G6 Not Working!! by Sarmie: 7:51pm On Sep 08
Hello guys, I'll need an expert here

So when my system updated its software and was restarting, because of the delay I held down the power button and it didn't come on after that. It just turns on the caps lock light and the charging light keeps blinking yellow and white light

Now I took it to an engineer who said it was a hardware problem, he worked on it and it came on but upon taking it home and updating software then restarting, it returned back to same state it was

How do I get about this please. This laptop isn't up to a year

P.S: it's a HP elite book G6 PC
Re: HP 830 G6 Not Working!! by Greatzeus(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08
Sarmie:

So when my system updated its software and was restarting, because of the delay I held down the power button and it didn't come on after that. It just turns on the caps lock light and the charging light keeps blinking yellow and white light

Now I took it to an engineer who said it was a hardware problem, he worked on it and it came on but upon taking it home and updating software then restarting, it returned back to same state it was

It was never a hardware problem but a software problem,which usually doesn't require money but time to perform certain trouble shooting tips.
After any windows update, windows will inform you through notification that you need to restart your PC,this is to complete the update and make the updates to certain software not to affect it while in use.
Now you can decide to update immediately or wait till when you're not busy with the PC.
During restart, you will see a screen with " windows update finishing,do not put off your PC"
If your PC goes off during this times,your windows files will be corrupted and windows won't start again, unless you use the feature " repair your PC" which is not likely to work,or you reinstall windows.
Re: HP 830 G6 Not Working!! by Greatzeus(m): 9:55pm On Sep 08
Bad RAM could cause it too though,but since the issue occurred because you put of your PC during update, it's likely corrupted windows file as a result of failed update
Re: HP 830 G6 Not Working!! by udemzyudex(m): 11:25pm On Sep 08
Sarmie:

I can fix it for you, the bios is corrupt because you force shut it down during the update.

You can reach me on 08064724259 if you're in lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Usa Standardization Extra Clean And Neat Used Laptops / Usa Standardization Extra Clean And Neat Used Laptops / Usa Standardization Extra Clean And Neat Used Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.