Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,399 members, 7,978,272 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:36 AM

Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) (50395 Views)

Funny Toheeb Recreates Expensive Beyonce Look, Got People Laughing / Tonto Dikeh Early Morning Selfie Photos Got Fans Talking (photos) / Chioma The Chef Chi In Braless Outfit. Davido's Girlfriend Got Fans Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by ricson11(m): 10:00pm On Sep 08
Fans Express Concern for Dave Bautista After He Looks Unrecognizable in New Photos

Some have expressed concern for Dave Bautista after seeing new red carpet photos of the former professional wrestler.

Bautista, 55, has had a hectic 2024, which kicked off with his role in the blockbuster hit Dune: Part Two. He appeared more recently in two September releases: The Killer’s Game, an action-backed film about a hit man, and The Last Showgirl, a drama co-starring Pamela Anderson and Jamie Lee Curtis.

It was at The Last Showgirl premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on Friday, Sept. 6, when the photos in question were taken. Bautista posed on the red carpet wearing a black suit with a black shirt underneath that had a low enough neckline to reveal some of the tattoos on the upper part of his chest. He paired the look with shiny black shoes, a pair of black sunglasses and a few strings of pearls that he wore around his neck.

When Bautista shared photos of his red carpet look on social media, one of his followers declared that he still looks “Handsome as ever” while another praised, “Looking good my brother.”

“He looks amazing!” another fan agreed.

But some thought the Guardians of the Galaxy actor looked like he lost weight, and wondered if he was perhaps “slimming down for a role.” Others suggested his appearance was because of dieting choices or, more generally, of his time in Hollywood.

Why do you look so small?” one person asked in response to a post on social media, showing photos contrasting Bautista’s bulked-up look as a pro wrestler with his more recent red carpet physique. "Question: what happened to Dave Bautista?" the user wrote to caption the side-by-side photos.

“He got older but he still in great shape just more thin,” one person wrote in defense of Bautista, adding, “I saw him in person the man is still a beast.”

https://parade.com/news/dave-bautista-unrecognizable-new-photos-fans-express-concern-sept-2024

TRIMMED WWE legend and Hollywood star Dave Bautista shows off dramatic body transformation after shedding weight for latest role

The Guardians of the Galaxy actor went on an intense diet a year and a half ago after wrapping up M. Night Shyamalan's Knock at the Cabin.

The Marvel star revealed his unbelievable new physique on the red carpet and he now looks completely different to the behemoth that set the world of wrestling alight in the 2000s.

Bautista told Chris Van Vliet: "I'm getting super trimmed, this is probably the lightest I've been since I was 19 years old.

"The heaviest I've ever been is 370lbs (26st). When I started Deacon, I was about 325lbs (23st).

"Throughout most of my wrestling career I was about 290lbs (21st). Now I'm about 240lbs (17st).

"And I went a year and a half ago for Knock at the Cabin, I went 315lbs (23st). And that's when the nightmare started.

"Getting that weight off, which has been a challenge. Now I'm really particular about my diet."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the-sun.com/sport/12401285/wwe-news-hollywood-dave-bautista-body-transformation-batista/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by Xxxxtentacion2: 10:16pm On Sep 08
Maybe he is sick..

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by brain54(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08
I don't like the new look batista...

He looks sick and worn out.

Forget work out!

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by SocialJustice: 11:21pm On Sep 08
Person no fit slim down for Nigerians front. Everybody has to be near obese to be called healthy.

162 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by oloriooko(m): 11:33pm On Sep 08
All those steroids enhanced muscles have been deflated now dude looking his natural self and healthier

235 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:45pm On Sep 08
oloriooko:
All those steroids enhanced muscles have been deflated now dude looking his natural self and healthier

exactly!

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by lecowas: 11:55pm On Sep 08
He changed his diet and cut out meat and diary totally. I think he said he's now a vegetarian. Might be facing some health issues.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by Bebold: 3:16am On Sep 09
Looks like someone transforming to Bobrisky. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by MrLibrarian(m): 4:22am On Sep 09
Xxxxtentacion2:
Maybe he is sick..
hope he's not going the Chadwick Boseman way

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by MrLibrarian(m): 4:25am On Sep 09
SocialJustice:
Person no fit slim down for Nigerians front. Everybody has to be near obesity to be called healthy.
I observed in the US the Rich ones are moderate and slim cos they eat healthy while the poor ones are fat due to excessive intake of junks

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by MrLibrarian(m): 4:26am On Sep 09
oloriooko:
healthier bawo?
Dude is seriously sick.
Could be cancer

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:59am On Sep 09
The Animal!

1 Like

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by Nursepepeye(f): 6:13am On Sep 09
SocialJustice:
Person no fit slim down for Nigerians front. Everybody has to be near obesity to be called healthy.
this is not slim down, this is aftermath of chronic illness

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by spinna: 6:58am On Sep 09
I read somewhere that he decided to reduce his muscles so he can get other roles in Hollywood..i don't think it's a good decision...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by Botragelad: 7:12am On Sep 09
People do realize he's an actor, correct? Different look, size, for different roles.

13 Likes

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 8:14am On Sep 09
He's an actor. Nollywood actors are often required to shed weight or have a different look for a particular role. That's how demanding Hollywood can be. If a role requires you to shave the goatee or beards you've been nursing for years just to fit a character, then you must do it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by SpaceX: 8:20am On Sep 09
Steroid on the run, verydarkman should take a look at his future.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by gift2xl: 8:43am On Sep 09
The disadvantage of this body buildup, the moment you stop keeping up for a long time you began to look like Miss sharon breast wa don fall no nmekwatarizim

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by MrLibrarian(m): 9:09am On Sep 09
KingAzubuike:
He's an actor. Nollywood actors are often required to shed weight or have a different look for a particular role. That's how demanding Hollywood can be. If a role requires you to shave the goatee or beards you've been nursing for years just to fit a character, then you must do it.
na so una been talk for Chadwick Bozeman till colon cancer eventually killed him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by MrLibrarian(m): 9:10am On Sep 09
Botragelad:
People do realize he's an actor, correct? Different look, size, for different roles.
are you really human or bot?
Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by Blitzking: 11:07am On Sep 09
ricson11:
A new look of former wrestler and now actor Dave Bautista surfaces online

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/C_q6okXOIXg/?igsh=MWptNHhkODlpMTdhbg==
Don't joke with old age

3 Likes

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by finallybusy: 11:57am On Sep 09
Likely facing health issues. The loss is too drastic. That was what happened to Boseman. We all remember how that ended. 240lbs is a good weight, just not on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by Electorate: 12:50pm On Sep 09

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by Yorubastardz: 12:51pm On Sep 09
Ok
Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by BeardedmeatR(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09
Botragelad:
He needs his size for his type of movies. See Dwayne Johnson getting bigger.
Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09
Ok, seen.
Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by Okortor: 12:52pm On Sep 09
This cannot be the GREAT BAUTISTA aka (BAUTISTA BOMB) I knew back in the 90s. One of greatest wrestler ever liveth...what must have gone wrong?
Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by sonofsteven: 12:52pm On Sep 09
Nursepepeye:
this is not slim down, this is aftermath of chronic illness

Go listen to his interview, I bet you will have a rethink.....

When you start living on diet and doing more exercise, them go say you sick because they don't know or seen you in the gym

4 Likes

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by CHIOMAEZEH: 12:53pm On Sep 09
He looks more healthy to me at the moment ....considering his age

Or Una wants make he get big body like the bellow? 😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72V2e8jio9c

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) by TheGameYard(m): 12:53pm On Sep 09
He is trying to position himself for more and better roles as his previous physique kind of limited him to particular roles

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don-jazzy - A Slave Master? (pictures) / Is DJ Cuppy Dating Ceeza Mili? / E-money And Kcee Staring At A Big Pot Of Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.