Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,870 members, 7,945,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:19 AM

Obafemi Awolowo's Twenty Pounds To Biafra by Deji Yesufu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo's Twenty Pounds To Biafra by Deji Yesufu (1088 Views)

Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / OBAFEMI AWOLOWO INTERVIEW: Twenty Pounds Policy And The Igbos / Awolowo Speaks On Twenty Pounds Policy And Starvation During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo's Twenty Pounds To Biafra by Deji Yesufu by CorrectionFLuid: 1:14pm On Sep 10
You even had to lie that Yoruba marries off a man's widow to his relative, just to keep pushing out propaganda. Awolowos mother remarried. Plain and simple. And there's nothing wrong with it.

Maybe the fact that the new husband was awos uncle is making you feel ashamed. But you don't have to tarnish a whole culture because you want to make one person appear without blemish.

SMH.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo's Twenty Pounds To Biafra by Deji Yesufu by Sonyboom765: 1:19pm On Sep 10
Only fools will tell you to forget n forgive bcoa you have nothing to forget or forgive. You can go to hell with all your anguish n anger. It is even crazy you think anyone need tell you to forget n forgive.

You are looking at Bola Tinubu appointment but you did not know Azikwe appointed Igbo as VC to Unilag n UI. As Tinubu done that, foolish people make me sick.

If you are not OK with Bola Tinubu rule have your father conduct another war, as far as I am concerned nobody owe your father a dime or anything no matter how minute useless n senseless that might be talk more of any meaningful

MadPolitician:

Befor you tell them to forget and forgive, you sef should at least stop fighting them. Because in all pratical analysis, the war is stll on. Just look at Bola tinubus appointments.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo's Twenty Pounds To Biafra by Deji Yesufu by CorrectionFLuid: 1:24pm On Sep 10
Sonyboom765:
Only fools will tell you to forget n forgive bcoa you have nothing to forget or forgive. You can go to hell with all your anguish n anger. It is even crazy you think anyone need tell you to forget n forgive.

You are looking at Bola Tinubu appointment but you did not know Azikwe appointed Igbo as VC to Unilag n UI. As Tinubu done that, foolish people make me sick.

If you are not OK with Bola Tinubu rule have your father conduct another war, as far as I am concerned nobody owe your father a dime or anything no matter how minute useless n senseless that might be talk more of any meaningful

Thread after thread, you keep showing everyone that you live a lonely, idle, sad, depressed life. SMH
Re: Obafemi Awolowo's Twenty Pounds To Biafra by Deji Yesufu by Sonyboom765: 1:25pm On Sep 10
You know I wish there is a public discuss on this issue so that the foolishness you Igbo proud in can be deflated forever.

Is there any Igbo that owned a bank account and could prove the amount in his or her bank account but was denied ?

I know passbook were used back then, so tell us or give me a single prove that any Igbo had his or her passbook with a balance closer that 20€ but got only €20 ?!

Naira20:
Unfortunately, the writer didn't read the book well or is trying to be clever by half.
20pounds wasn't given to every adult male- it was given to those who could prove they had bank accounts with monies in it.

Awolowo can't justify what he did.

Anyone with an objective mind knows Awolowo was part of the foundation of Nigeria's problems.

This is not 1980 when people don't research. Don't insult people's intelligence

Re: Obafemi Awolowo's Twenty Pounds To Biafra by Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 2:53pm On Sep 10
Sonyboom765:
You know I wish there is a public discuss on this issue so that the foolishness you Igbo proud in can be deflated forever.
Is there any Igbo that owned a bank account and could prove the amount in his or her bank account but was denied ?
I know passbook were used back then, so tell us or give me a single prove that any Igbo had his or her passbook with a balance closer that 20€ but got only €20 ?!

This is the reason Seun never places any "Biafran" thread on front page... you people continue to bite and tear at one another.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo's Twenty Pounds To Biafra by Deji Yesufu by gidgiddy: 2:54pm On Sep 10
Jayhome24:
Children of hate and pardition from my region will soon be here and come upon you OP. Very very unfortunate none of my own people could be intelligent enough to asked Ojukwu pls who and who in Igboland did you consulted before going into war or when did he conducted referedum and he was asked to go ahead? Mbanu.

None of my own people is intelligent enough to asked Ojukwu that pls among those 3million innocent souls that perished is there any of his family among the dead? None.

So many questions to ask in fairness but same juju ojukwu used to brainwashed them to diverted his fault on Yoruba peoople for him to escaped questioning the same juju grigory bitch obi using on them right now it is unimaginable that 90% of entire region sleep and face one direction.

They will soon be here to masturbte for just seen the name Awolowo keep watching

That is because you are a very poor student of history talking nonsense. Before Ojukwu declared Biafra, he was given the mandate to do so by the Eastern Nigeria consultative forum, the body that represented the 20 provinces that that made up the Eastern Region, and they voted on it first.

Ojukwu's younger brother, Tom Bigger, died in the war

Lastly, Ojukwu did not start any war, if anything, he tried to prevent war by going to Aburi, Ghana, to sign an agreement with Gowon that would prevent war

Guess who broke the agreement?

Poor student of Nigeria's history usually like to talk nonsense
Re: Obafemi Awolowo's Twenty Pounds To Biafra by Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 5:23pm On Sep 10
gidgiddy:

That is because you are a very poor student of history talking nonsense. Before Ojukwu declared Biafra, he was given the mandate to do so by the Eastern Nigeria consultative forum, the body that represented the 20 provinces that that made up the Eastern Region, and they voted on it first.
Ojukwu's younger brother, Tom Bigger, died in the war
Lastly, Ojukwu did not start any war, if anything, he tried to prevent war by going to Aburi, Ghana, to sign an agreement with Gowon that would prevent war

Guess who broke the agreement?

Poor student of Nigeria's history usually like to talk nonsense

Well...

(1) (2) (Reply)

2006: Africa's Most Significant Moment. Vote On Bbc News / Resentment Towards Gov. Peter Odili / Is Deputy Gov/ Vice-president Poistion Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.