Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,606 members, 7,975,362 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:49 PM

Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi (15367 Views)

New Music : Shallipopi – Evil Receive Mp3 | Free Mp3 Download / [music] Shallipopi – Evil Receive | Free Audio Download / Shallipopi - Obapluto (Official Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by SPAMBOX7: 10:52pm On Sep 10
No single capping there. You see that Spotify and YouTube?
Make I no talk
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by SPAMBOX7: 10:54pm On Sep 10
Goodluckall:
Football money is a goal
But when you stop playing it won't come, unlike music.. music money even if you die you go still dey make money. Go Spotify type Elvis Presley and see number of streams. Person wey don die since 70's
I don't even want to mention dem Whitney Houston and MJ
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by 99thEnemy(m): 10:55pm On Sep 10
Brendaniel:
Music money with poor financial management sometimes even makes them worse than they started.

They should always pray for grace and work on their financial management...
Did you have a discussion with Zinoloeesky of recent? grin
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Ruffysonpedro: 11:38pm On Sep 10
Hahaha.... Make I laugh 😃

1 Like

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Ruffysonpedro: 11:41pm On Sep 10
SPAMBOX7:
But when you stop playing it won't come, unlike music.. music money even if you die you go still dey make money. Go Spotify type Elvis Presley and see number of streams. Person wey don die since 70's
I don't even want to mention dem Whitney Houston and MJ
Not always the way it appears. Do you know those streams may count for nothing?
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Ruffysonpedro: 11:43pm On Sep 10
SPAMBOX7:
No single capping there. You see that Spotify and YouTube?
Make I no talk
Nothing much baba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Ruffysonpedro: 11:45pm On Sep 10
DaddyCoool:
No wonder you keep seeing people who obviously can't sing keep at it (some are here on NL grin)
Baba, make you dey mention them, abeg 😄.

1 Like

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by TossTos: 2:23am On Sep 11
Indeed there's a lot of money in music ,just know the business part of it ... It's more than hitting the studio , record song and you think that's all ..
More money keeps coming once you blow 🔥..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by BigJoe19: 2:57am On Sep 11
Cjsarima:
Una dey carry old interview dey come nairaland. For your mind now you bring latest abi
Nairaland, very local set of people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by AnyanwuSK: 3:26am On Sep 11
Nazgul:
And just like ritual, it doesn't last.

I remember the days of Dbanj, wandy Cole, 9ice, Tony tetula, Azadus, Tuface, Plantation boys, Konga, Olu maintain... Etc. Where are they today, most have moved on from music to other endavours. Some left the country, some became broke, some died.

It's easy to get a hit track, but it's not easy to maintain your popularity for long cos with time, you'll eventually fade away. That's why if you can survive up to 2 decades as a musician with back to back hits, the world would respect you.

Little wonder why people like Fela, Celine Dion, Snoop... Etc are know all around the world.

You people keep mentioning Fella as musician, I'm yet to hear any of his song, he didn't even have popular songs or hit.

I know many of Celine Dion's songs,
Tupac made snoop popular because of his look, I don't know any of his song.

1 Like

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by ShogunNoName: 4:05am On Sep 11
Zooposki:
See him Edo face. Mtschewwww!!!

Yoruba boy stop hating us.

Ozuor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Amayabor1: 5:35am On Sep 11
Zooposki:
See him Edo face. Mtschewwww!!!

See this useless bitch
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Amayabor1: 5:35am On Sep 11
Candidlady:
Very ugly thing with terrible lyrics angry

Move. Useless old hag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by unbiased2021: 5:36am On Sep 11
Goodluckall:
Football money is a goal

Football money Dey learn for where music money dey sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by unbiased2021: 5:37am On Sep 11
Nazgul:

I remember the days of Dbanj, wandy Cole, 9ice, Tony tetula, Azadus, Tuface, Plantation boys, Konga, Olu maintain... Etc. Where are they today, most have moved on from music to other endavours. Some left the country, some became broke, some died.

It's easy to get a hit track, but it's not easy to maintain your popularity for long cos with time, you'll eventually fade away. That's why if you can survive up to 2 decades as a musician with back to back hits, the world would respect you.

Little wonder why people like Fela, Celine Dion, Snoop... Etc are know all around the world.

Lol you think those guys you mentioned are broke ? HAAAA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by unbiased2021: 5:40am On Sep 11
post=131943365:
He may not be far from the truth...

But,

How much worth is the highest paid footballer and how much is the worth of the highest paid musician?

Below are the top 2 highest paid footballers and the top 2 highest paid female musicians.

Very soon people will also start calculating and commeting about our networks at dem MANNA

First of all start with the tops.
How much does Ronaldo worth compared to Jay Z ? Rihanna is even richer than Ronaldo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by koladata(m): 6:52am On Sep 11
this is because a musician can scale his or her music business. he can also decide to work without a label . A footballar is salary based , there's nothing to scale here, even cris brown does meet and greet and makes alot of money from that. If a football does that , the money should go to the club.
post=131943365:
He may not be far from the truth...

But,

How much worth is the highest paid footballer and how much is the worth of the highest paid musician?

Below are the top 2 highest paid footballers and the top 2 highest paid female musicians.

Very soon people will also start calculating and commeting about our networks at dem MANNA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Brendaniel: 6:58am On Sep 11
99thEnemy:

Did you have a discussion with Zinoloeesky of recent? grin

Noooo, me just dey talk based on what I've seen over time about musicians with poor financial management even in foreign countries...

Some after making so much money end up as junkies even worse than when they started music, they become burden to their family members, some no be even drugs, just bad financial decisions...
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Nazgul: 7:16am On Sep 11
IamAtAnger:
U dey ask sey wey Dbanj, wande coal dey today?.. shey u blind?.. u for add wizkid join na.. mtchewwww u wey no dey updated
You seem to lack comprehension of English language. Go back and read my post, then come back and read what you posted.

1 Like

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Nazgul: 7:19am On Sep 11
tunize:

Comot 2face from your list abi you think say e easy to dei sing since 95 down 2023? No one stays at the top forever even king self dey kpai dem pass mantle na so life be.
Some music money dei last depends on how dem use invest and beside those gees you mention ain’t broke so get your facts well the fact that you don’t get to see or hear about them regularly doesn’t mean they are suffering e go shock you say many get money pass your favorite its called show biz for a reason
Have you heard of etc...I used it in my post. Meaning more others whom might be broke, dead or relocated outside the country. It wasn't basically for the names I mentioned there.
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Nazgul: 7:20am On Sep 11
Amaggedon:
What you should understand is that musicians earn far better now than before .
True and actors and actresses as well. Technology really favored them.
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Nazgul: 7:23am On Sep 11
AnyanwuSK:
You people keep mentioning Fella as musician, I'm yet to hear any of his song, he didn't even have popular songs or hit.

I know many of Celine Dion's songs,
Tupac made snoop popular because of his look, I don't know any of his song.
You might not know him cos he died in 1997. (27yeaes ago) and even in his death, his songs still point out the realities of the Nigerian government.
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Nazgul: 7:26am On Sep 11
unbiased2021:
Lol you think those guys you mentioned are broke ? HAAAA
What is wrong with you nairaladers. Is English so difficult to understand. I used etc. In my sentence meaning more. And I pointed out the some musicians who made a name in the past are broke. Some are dead, some have left music... Etc

Must everything be explained to you guys before you get the point I'm trying to make? Haba.
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by AnyanwuSK: 7:36am On Sep 11
Nazgul:

You might not know him cos he died in 1997. (27yeaes ago) and even in his death, his songs still point out the realities of the Nigerian government.

Most of my favourite music are old music from the 80s to 2015.

Maybe he go popular for fighting government and not making songs. I meant I don't know any of his song.
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by AareGaa: 7:44am On Sep 11
Nazgul:

It does not apply to only music. Most footballers too go broke after their careers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Zooposki(f): 7:46am On Sep 11
ShogunNoName:

Yoruba boy stop hating us.

Ozuor

lol, I’m an Edoid. Na everybody dey chop wotowoto for my hand if you make useless comment. No mercy, no retreat.
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Love800(m): 7:46am On Sep 11
Pls explain. In terms of music or what actually?
Eriokanmi:
Being innovative will fetch you much more.
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Zooposki(f): 7:48am On Sep 11
Amayabor1:

See this useless bitch

Be very careful. No dey insult me o. I no be your mate.
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Athemisia: 8:35am On Sep 11
Inosky:
Not really true.

I have been into music for years now but I haven't seen the money. I'm even at a lost.
Then you are doing it wrong... There's more money In music now than before... You don't need to be very popular to make a lot of money in the Industry.
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Athemisia: 8:37am On Sep 11
Antoeni:
With All The Rubbish He is Singing,
Pained soul... Do your own
Re: Music Money Is Like Ritual. There Is Too Much Money In Music - Shallipopi by Athemisia: 8:42am On Sep 11
Ruffysonpedro:
Not always the way it appears. Do you know those streams may count for nothing?
It doesn't count for nothing.... There's payment to it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olori Oko By Infinity / What Was Your Favorite Nigerian Song Of 2022? / Singer Naira Marley Biography: Net Worth, Age, House & Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.