Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,172 members, 7,977,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:02 AM

Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach (8107 Views)

Eguavoen Quits As Super Eagles Interim Coach After Draw In Rwanda / NFF Dismisses Idea Of Eguavoen As Super Eagles’ Interim Coach / Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by fergie001: 6:43am On Sep 11
Technical Director of the Nigeria Football Federation, Austin Eguavoen, has denied stepping down as the interim coach of the Super Eagles after the two 2025 AFCON qualifiers against the Benin Republic and Rwanda.

Eguavoen was appointed by the NFF to take charge of the two games following the inability of the federation to secure the services of German coach, Bruno Labbadia, over what they call stringent German tax laws.

“In the event, Technical Director of Nigeria Football Federation, Coach Augustine Eguavoen, will now take charge of the Super Eagles for the upcoming 2025 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Benin Republic (Uyo, September 7) and Rwanda (Kigali, September 10),” the statement announcing his appointment had partly read.

The 59-year-old led Nigeria to a convincing 3-0 win over the Benin Republic in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, last Saturday before being held to a goaless draw in the second game of the series by Rwanda on Tuesday.

After Tuesday’s goaless draw in Kigali, Eguavoen was said to have stepped down as interim coach but the gaffer has denied the reports ahead of next month’s AFCON qualifiers double header against Libya.

“It’s quite unfortunate that people just trigger something that is not correct. And the situation we are in now, we don’t need negative stories,” Eguavoen said on arrival at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja in a media chat.

“I only talked about sitting down with the hierarchy of the federation after these two games and we will see how to go about prosecuting the next games.

“But when I saw that story I was worried. Whatever people are reading out there aren’t correct. I’m still very much in charge. I’m the Technical Director of the NFF, saddled with the responsibility of taking the Super Eagles at this moment,” he said.

SOURCE

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Sonnobax15(m): 7:41am On Sep 11
grin
Na wa...

And Seun mods don develop strong erection push the fake news come FP grin

Until Nigerian army go use Seun and some of these him mods take do frog jump,Dem no go learn undecided

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Brendaniel: 8:23am On Sep 11
Somebody wants his job, Eguavoen should be careful especially with those around him right now...

Sometimes the enemy within is worse than the one from far...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by AbuTwins: 8:23am On Sep 11
cool

Fake news suppose attract 30 lashes of cane in public!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by BigDawsNet: 8:23am On Sep 11
Fake news everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by PriNceNova(m): 8:24am On Sep 11
Ok

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Tjra: 8:24am On Sep 11
The thing sef shocked me. We Africans don't resign na.

Impossible cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by faithfull18(f): 8:25am On Sep 11
Naija, in other news see our profile for the most affordable data bundles ever ✅

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by slaawomirr: 8:25am On Sep 11
Damnnn niggar

Isoright

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by DeltaBachelor(m): 8:25am On Sep 11
grin What do we believe again ?

2 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:26am On Sep 11
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Kellie069(m): 8:27am On Sep 11
Why e be say everything about this country na so so confusion ? No single story de straight! Confusion up n down

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by akinmusi(m): 8:30am On Sep 11
Media should be regulated though

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by helinues: 8:30am On Sep 11
Toh

I saw the news yesterday just deliberately ignored

He won one , drew one, why should he resign.

Btw , NFF get issue too considering how the coaches have been leaving

2 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Cmanforall: 8:32am On Sep 11
Rumors

Why Moderators didn't move Rwanda vs Nigeria 0:0 draw to front page?

3 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Paparazzi109: 8:32am On Sep 11
Baba just resign abeg... u have been giving too many opportunities and u failed... abeg resign jooooor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Nnaemiemax: 8:34am On Sep 11
The media digs graves and they do it very well.
The next WW3 is the media cry

2 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by UTMOST10(m): 8:35am On Sep 11
I believed there are some cabals running the affairs of the managerial position with him… please lets this man breaths

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Judolisco(m): 8:35am On Sep 11
Same way some idiots peddled false news against finidi George..... NFF no serious, after dat outburst osimhen no suppose return to d national team....

2 Likes

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by callmevirus(m): 8:36am On Sep 11
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by membranus: 8:38am On Sep 11
Nnaemiemax:
The media pushes death and they do it very well.
The next WW3 is the media cry

With Nairaland and its bigots as the WW3 invasive Generals.
Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Cherrybae(f): 8:38am On Sep 11
Peter obi and obedient plus ipob spreading fake news.

Obedient are worse than cancer.
.tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by lailo: 8:40am On Sep 11
I don't know the biafran coach is still in charge undecided
Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Mckraz01: 8:42am On Sep 11
fergie001:

SOURCE

Confusion everywhere
Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by omonla555: 8:42am On Sep 11
Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by jaxxy(m): 8:43am On Sep 11
But how did we not beat ordinary Rwanda? He he responded to that news?
Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Lindlady(f): 8:45am On Sep 11
helinues:
Toh

I saw the news yesterday just deliberately ignored

He won one , drew one, why should he resign.

Btw , NFF get issue too considering how the coaches have been leaving
Hi good morning.
Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by phemmie06(m): 8:47am On Sep 11
Bloggers must chop and mod did not even bothered to check before moving it fp
Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by phemmie06(m): 8:49am On Sep 11
Cmanforall:
Rumors

Why Moderators didn't move Rwanda vs Nigeria 0:0 dream to front page?

Abi o moderator failed to move the thread to front page but very fast to move the fake rumor to front page

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by wolesmile(m): 8:49am On Sep 11
Lobatan.

So where did the news of stepping down emanate from?
Re: Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down As Super Eagles Interim Coach by Barrywilly(m): 9:00am On Sep 11
Another wicked lie orchestrated by the Obidients of East extraction. Those guys anything under Tinubu with passion despite the fact Eguavoen is their kinsmancheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Alleged '23-year-old' Ghanaian Footballer Signed By Orlando Pirate / Flying Eagles, Falconets Win On Matchday 2 At The All Africa Games / Arsenal Focus Now On Europa League, Says Emery, After Top 4 Hopes Fade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.