Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,274 members, 7,977,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 01:58 PM

Can I Convert 6 Bedroom Duplex To Flats/apartment Without Demolition? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can I Convert 6 Bedroom Duplex To Flats/apartment Without Demolition? (153 Views)

How Can I Rent An Apartment Without Involving Agent? / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Convert 6 Bedroom Duplex To Flats/apartment Without Demolition? by Chibuzorokoro11: 7:17pm On Sep 14
How can i turn a 6 bedroom duplex into flats/apartment without demolishing any part of the structure?

Downstairs alone has two master bedrooms, one visitor's room, dining, and a big kitchen. Downstairs has 3 entrance.

Upstairs has 3 rooms ensuit. No entrance, No kitchen, you must access any of the three entrance downstairs before you can go upstairs.

How can this be possible to be turned to flat/apartment without partly demolition? Do i need approved building plan again for this?

Admin can you help me push this out there. Many thanks.
Re: Can I Convert 6 Bedroom Duplex To Flats/apartment Without Demolition? by kebliss(m): 7:22pm On Sep 14
It's possible to do
Kindly share the building plan
Re: Can I Convert 6 Bedroom Duplex To Flats/apartment Without Demolition? by ALOBAM: 7:28pm On Sep 14
You can partition the duplex into separate units, but you'll probably need to add a new entrance for upstairs. Check with local authorities for new building plans and approvals.
Re: Can I Convert 6 Bedroom Duplex To Flats/apartment Without Demolition? by TravlSagHoliday: 7:37pm On Sep 14
I agree with the ones above. Good advice.
Re: Can I Convert 6 Bedroom Duplex To Flats/apartment Without Demolition? by Chibuzorokoro11: 7:41pm On Sep 14
ALOBAM:
You can partition the duplex into separate units, but you'll probably need to add a new entrance for upstairs. Check with local authorities for new building plans and approvals.

Thank you so much for you input. Can you be more explanatory on this partition the duplex into separate units ? Because there's no stairs from outside to upstairs, but there's only one stairs from downstairs to upstairs. Moreover there's no kitchen upstairs too.
Re: Can I Convert 6 Bedroom Duplex To Flats/apartment Without Demolition? by duchessofyork: 1:22pm On Sep 15
Chibuzorokoro11:
How can i turn a 6 bedroom duplex into flats/apartment without demolishing any part of the structure?

Downstairs alone has two master bedrooms, one visitor's room, dining, and a big kitchen. Downstairs has 3 entrance.

Upstairs has 3 rooms ensuit. No entrance, No kitchen, you must access any of the three entrance downstairs before you can go upstairs.

How can this be possible to be turned to flat/apartment without partly demolition? Do i need approved building plan again for this?

Admin can you help me push this out there. Many thanks.

Not entirely related but is this house located in Lagos? I am looking for a place to rent please.
Re: Can I Convert 6 Bedroom Duplex To Flats/apartment Without Demolition? by Chibuzorokoro11: 1:01pm On Oct 01
duchessofyork:

Not entirely related but is this house located in Lagos? I am looking for a place to rent please.

Alimosho, Igando side

(1) (Reply)

Property For Sale / Plot Of Land Available For Sale At Shimawa For 700,000 Naira / Plot Of Land Available For Sale At Shimawa For 700,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.