Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,737 members, 7,951,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:04 AM

Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M (15266 Views)

Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja / Supporters Flood Peter Obi’s Oyo Campaign Rally (Pictures) / Flood: Peter Obi Visits Daudu IDP Camp In Benue State (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by mohbadliveson: 8:12pm On Sep 17
The candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 presidential election, Peter Obi on Tuesday led the leadership of the party and the Obidient Movement to Maiduguri, the Borno State capital to condole with the state over the flood disaster that befell the state recently.

Obi who visited the state governor, Babagana Zulum and Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Ibn Umar Garba Al Amin El-Kanemi, was accompanied by his 2023 running mate, Dr Datti Baba-Ahmed, and Chairman of the party’s National Caretaker Committee Senator, Nenadi Usman.

The former Anambra State governor donated the sum of N50 million to the emergency relief fund of the state Government.

We will continue to stand with the people of Borno, providing aid and resources to help them rebuild and recover from this tragedy,” he said in a statement by his media aide, Ibrahim Umar.

He told the people of Borno that as they navigate the challenging time, “We want them to know they are not alone.

“We are dedicated to helping alleviate the suffering and hardship caused by the floods, which have submerged over half of Maiduguri and displaced thousands of residents.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the affected families, and we will do everything in our power to support them.”

https://newtelegraphng.com/obi-visits-maiduguri-donate-n50m-to-flood-victims/

55 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by LagosPrince: 8:13pm On Sep 17
Very good My leader

Peter Obi is friend to the north, he has always proven that many times and may Almighty Allah continue to replenish his pocket, Amiiin.

187 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by trutharena: 8:20pm On Sep 17
Obi and Datti are doing the right thing.

207 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Ibegi: 8:21pm On Sep 17
Obi has a Leadership qualities

128 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by hisexcellency34: 8:32pm On Sep 17
Don't just Donate. Monitor how the money was spent

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Borrow222: 8:39pm On Sep 17
My president, despite the distractions and propaganda against you, You remain focused and determined.

For years, you've demonstrated unwavering focus and discipline, and your determination and courage are truly inspiring and worthy of emulation.

120 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Shadomaan7: 8:46pm On Sep 17
The donation is coming after the flood have subsided. Very smart people

102 Likes

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Golan007: 8:47pm On Sep 17
Only 50m?

5 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by tishbite42: 8:50pm On Sep 17
Like play like play o
Ni99a don dey penetrate North

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Gandollar(f): 8:52pm On Sep 17
Nice one from Obidatti.. kudos.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Walai(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17
Politics aside Obi is a philanthropist. He single handedly visited Haiti during the massive 2010 earthquake as a governor then and helped mobilize support for them. You and I know he has nothing to gain from that gesture . That's how you know real philanthropists

129 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by yarimo(m): 9:13pm On Sep 17
Mr pretender and eyes service donation are like 5 and 6 mteeeew

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by chukwuibuipob: 9:16pm On Sep 17
grin GBAJUE.com.ng.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Salewa97: 9:22pm On Sep 17
Good.

The LP party should be commended for this gesture.

Politics should not be played to the extent of being heartless

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by jmoore(m): 9:31pm On Sep 17
yarimo:
After OBI was call out, Mr pretender has no any intention going to borno state

Terrorizing English language. Cha!!

English don suffer for your hand.

You go modify tire. I don screenshot am.

84 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by yarimo(m): 9:31pm On Sep 17
jmoore:

Terrorizing English language. Cha!!

English don suffer from your hand.
ok next news

112 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Decipleship: 9:45pm On Sep 17
Man like Peter Obi

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Nastycee234(m): 9:45pm On Sep 17
Nice one from the incoming President.

Who will pls donate to me so I can buy foodstuffs. I am one of the many people going through a lot right now. I am homeless, no friend, no siblings, no parents, no food. Everything hurts.
Someone should just help me . pls!

The frustration alone

1 Like

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by EnEnPeecee: 9:45pm On Sep 17
Ronu bastards come and masturbates food is ready

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by NaijaCover(m): 9:46pm On Sep 17
Following
Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by PHIPEX(m): 9:46pm On Sep 17
Same man they said no dey give shishi?

Obi is a precision striker, he directs scarce resources to where it's needed not wastage on jamborees

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Multi1: 9:46pm On Sep 17
Im beginning to regret my last vote.......
Wehdone sir Obi. Inshallah

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Almunjid(m): 9:47pm On Sep 17
50 million naira? Pandōra Obi try Ooo. Make he no worry, maiduguri people go try give am 50,000 votes for the next election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by haconjy(m): 9:47pm On Sep 17
PO Keep your money. These people doesn't deserve a kobo from you. They won't still vote you. They are cows.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by DEWKID(m): 9:47pm On Sep 17
grin
Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by jmoore(m): 9:48pm On Sep 17
PHIPEX:
Same man they said no dey give shishi?
Some statements are above your comprehension.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by EnEnPeecee: 9:48pm On Sep 17
This is not election oò but see how he is pulling crowd. History has recorded it that you won the last election but useless Buhari and INEC gave it to drugnibu

14 Likes

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by lailo: 9:48pm On Sep 17
I learnt he initially wanted to donate 2 million but Atiku's #100meters made him increase the donation undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by bluefilm: 9:48pm On Sep 17
My president

I am eternally OBIDIENT

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flood: Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri, Donates ₦50M by Lipscomb(m): 9:48pm On Sep 17
He went to lavish money on Aboki while 99% of igbo going to bed on empty stomach.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Failed Project: N1.5bn Staff Pay, $496m Payout To Indian Firm Spark NASS Anger / Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike / Buhari, Atiku, Sowore & Moghalu To Participate In Townhall Meeting.

Viewing this topic: RANGO23(m), sammsimm(m), Hamzat7, commoditiesnig, Unbreakable1(m), Brighfuture(f) and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.