Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,901,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:09 PM

We Were Bombed, Traders Tell Kaduna Governor Yakowa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Were Bombed, Traders Tell Kaduna Governor Yakowa (507 Views)

We Are No Longer Safe In Bayelsa, Igbo Traders Tell Police / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Were Bombed, Traders Tell Kaduna Governor Yakowa by Ovularia: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
We were bombed, traders tell Kaduna Governor Yakowa
By Yusuf Alli, Abuja and Tony Akowe, Kaduna 16 hours 21 minutes ago
Font size:

Yakowa
Kaduna traders yesterday relived the explosion that rocked their market on Wednesday.
They told visiting Governor Patrick Yakowa that the explosion was a bomb – as against Police Commissioner Ballah Nasarawa’s claim that it was”an explosion from within and not sabotage from outside”.
Automobile Spare Parts Association Vice President Edwin Nwagu told the governor: “The incident happened precisely at about 9:20am, a very sad event. We are honoured to receive you. We lost some lives and many are in the hospital.
“We were told by some of our members who were around when the incident happened that some people came around on a motorcycle and called one of the spare parts dealers. They dropped what they were holding, which was later discovered to be a bomb. It exploded and killed some of our members.”
The association’s Kaduna Zone chairman, Mr. Sunday Mba, said: “What I was told by my secretary is that people came on a bike and dropped a bag. The substance exploded and killed the boy, as well as the one in the shop instantly. It was a bomb, not gas cylinder explosion, as claimed. We don’t deal in gas here.”
The injured have been transferred to the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Shika, Zaria for proper medical attention. The state government has promised to foot their medical bills.
The blast site has become a mecca of sorts, hosting crowds of visitors from across the state.
With Yakowa were Senator Mohammed Saleh and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) governorship candidate in the April election, Haruna Saeed Kajuru.
Yakowa told the traders that he has directed the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) to make preliminary recommendations on how to assist the victims, pending the conclusion of investigations by security agents.
The governor said: “I just came to see you, those of you who live around here, and to personally see the scene of the explosion, go back and allow the law enforcement agents to continue to do their work. I know it is very painful, but please co-operate with them so that we can get to the root of this unfortunate incident.
“By so doing, you will be helping us to take all the steps that are necessary to prevent a possible recurrence of this kind of incident in any part of the state. We need peace, we need stability so that people can go about their lawful businesses without too much worries.
“Thank you for your understanding and bearing with us and for your cooperation with the security agencies. Continue to corporate with them; they are here to safeguard your lives and property.
“All of you are contributing in different ways through buying and selling. You even create a lot of jobs and you employ a lot of people. Even if it is one, two or three, you have a handful of people that are working in each of these shops.
“I want to assure you that I am touched as I listen to you.
“We want to also assure you we will do everything possible to provide everybody in this state security. I am saying this because I have all the support of all the security agencies in the state.”
It was not still clear yesterday the exact casualty figure in the explosion. The 12 mangled bodies that were recovered will be subjected to autopsy and forensic analyses to ascertain the nature of the explosion.
President Goodluck Jonathan has ordered a probe of the incident by all security agencies.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/29193-we-were-bombed-traders-tell-kaduna-governor-yakowa.html
Re: We Were Bombed, Traders Tell Kaduna Governor Yakowa by okadaman2: 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2011
So these poor traders have to provide document, do paper advert and sign affidavit to prove they were bombed?

My leaders and their clueless wahala. God save our people From their hands. embarassed
Re: We Were Bombed, Traders Tell Kaduna Governor Yakowa by Kx: 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2011
Pathetic

(1) (Reply)

Jos Crisis Infocus / 'liberty Is Free, But It Is A Personal Decision' / Ban Ki Moon Should Appoint Special Envoy On The Nigeria Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.