Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,103 members, 7,973,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:15 AM

God's Blank Cheque - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Blank Cheque (45 Views)

God's Blank Cheque / If God Gave You Same Blank Cheque As King Solomon, What Would You Fill? / Father Mbaka Continues His Charity Work For The Poor, Gives Them Cheque (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God's Blank Cheque by kpakpandoN(m): 6:48am On Sep 25
Prayer is one of the greatest weapons that God gave to man; the ability to call on Him anytime we want and have Him answer us. It is a signed blank cheque to His children. The question now is, how come some Christians don’t use this blank cheque? The answer is in Psalm 10:4:

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

Christians that do not pray are proud; it means that they do not have God in all their thoughts because they think they are smart enough to solve all their problems. 1 Corinthians 1:25 says that no matter how wise you are, the things of God that may appear foolish far exceed human wisdom, and the things that seem weak far exceed human strength. It is foolishness not to pray.

One day, when I was a child, I was playing football in front of our house. At a point, I kicked the ball to the top of the roof, and it got stuck there. I was little, so I couldn’t see the ball. I tried using a stick to get the ball down from the roof, but I was not able to. My dad was sitting close by, but I didn’t call him for help. At last, when I was tired, I asked for his help, and he said, “You saw me here all this while, but you didn’t think to ask for my help.” He stood up and, with one sweep of his hand, brought the ball down. I thought I could bring the ball down by myself, and I kept stressing myself to do so even though I could have just asked my dad for help and gotten the ball easily. Many people stress themselves unnecessarily, running from pillar to post in search of solutions to problems that can easily be solved on their knees in prayers to God.

God gave you a blank cheque in Jeremiah 33:3:

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

I have been using my blank cheque at every opportunity, and God has been answering and showing me great and mighty things that I did not know. Will you also begin to use your blank cheque?
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GOD Is The Life Giver / Destiny Destroyers III / Depend On God (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.