Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,096 members, 7,963,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:22 PM

Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale (610 Views)

Video Of Hanan Buhari On The Presidential Jet, Waving. Shared By Aisha Buhari / MURIC: Hanan Buhari Flying On Presidential Jet Is An Inspiration To The Youth / Hanan Buhari Arrives Bauchi For A Photoshoot In A Presidential Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale by obeegee: 3:17am On Sep 27
So I noticed this link with our presidential jet being put up for sale. Same jet we were told was not serviceable.

Now the part that caught my attention was the number of Hours and number of cycles the jet was advertised to have. I did some research to see how many hours and cycles similar aircraft could fly in its lifespan. The manufacturer, Boeing puts its lifespan at 55000 hours or 90000 cycles. Our jet had 3821 hours and 1881 cycles. Which means, the jet is almost like brand new by the manufacturer's standards.

This only shows that the excuse of the aircraft being old and not serviceable was untrue.

The new presidential aircraft purchased is far bigger than this one and has a much higher operating cost. The former aircraft 737 bbj has an hourly operating cost of $6,000 while the new one acj a330 has an hourly operating cost of $29,700. Evidence attached below.

Link to the aircraft's sale listing is
https://www.globalair.com/aircraft-for-sale/listingdetail/boeing-business-jet?adid=132948

Re: Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale by obeegee: 3:17am On Sep 27
Re: Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale by Cesarr1: 4:22am On Sep 27
Prepare to crash after flying a Nigeria used jet not even plane
Re: Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale by brain54(m): 6:21am On Sep 27
Nigeria: The only country where the more you look...
Re: Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale by dirbreye: 6:29am On Sep 27
Tinubu thinks he can sell our assets to his family and friends and escape

1 Like

Re: Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale by Ofunaofu: 6:58am On Sep 27
Tinubu is a notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale by Day169: 6:59am On Sep 27
brain54:
Nigeria: The only country where the more you look...
... the more you don't understand. undecided
Re: Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale by bdon123(m): 11:09am On Sep 27
Wen we explain to d ignorant ones,they will be giving excuse up n down.i have said it before thst d old jet was far cheaper to maintain n was also very big.They really had no reason buying a new jet in a time nigeria is struggling
Re: Presidential Jet 737 Put Up For Sale by tellmanny(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27
Good work there OP.
But I think there is a mix up, what I read then was not about the jet being unserviceable but because the cost of maintenance had gone up significantly.
Especially when you consider the year of manufacture. I am not even sure that jet was bought brand new. This talk about the cost of maintenance being didn't start today, it was also a topic during Buhari's time.
These doesn't change the fact that this govt of reform is heartless and care less about us. (Reform is good but should be implemented humanely)
Beside must the president of Nigeria use a big plane, not when Nigeria is broke and the people are suffering.

(1) (Reply)

Health Insurance In Nigeria / deleted / We Are Ready To Fight-henry Okah Leader Of 'mend'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.