Stats: 3,198,371 members, 7,967,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 02:24 PM

Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head (30263 Views)

Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Stephanie Otobo Confesses, Apologizes To Apostle Suleman: "Politicians Paid Me" (2) (3) (4)

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by BlackfireX: 4:15am On Sep 28
Kayzz34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVzJRSK9pN4?si=oellnjO1UMWl2DF2

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/8223536/priest-gives-altar-boy-knock

Dumb stupiid fuuucckkk still sees himself like a demi god.

So called Reverend father and sisters are worst sinners you will ever meet

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Munzy14(m): 4:17am On Sep 28
Racoon:
Imagine that inhuman act being perpetuated by a clergy man in the presence of a holy and forgiving God.
Rest!

Their was no reason for him to apologise. He corrected the Altar boy in a language he will understand..It is part of children's upbringing.

As a former Alter boy in my Teens back then, this part of the corrections and training we get within church community. Which helped shaped us into the Men we bacame today.

Even, people wey their mama and papa use Knock and slap scatter their face in their Teens, follow they condemn The Priest...😂😂😂
Nigerians and negative energy.

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by TruthSpeaker: 4:26am On Sep 28
Nigerians are easily fooled by these idiots that call themselves men of God.

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Slurity(m): 4:45am On Sep 28
He was even lying to defend himself. He called that accidentally knocked his head in public. Imagine what he will do in secret.

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by TUANKU(m): 4:50am On Sep 28
Catholic priests usually love small boys grin

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Prokaryote: 4:52am On Sep 28
All thanks to the camera and social media that exposed this menace. Some priest are fund of these. Naso we dey chop knock anyhow then doing Mass as altar boys.

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Sincerebaby: 4:53am On Sep 28
Shows he doesn't even regard his younger ones, even the junior ones should be treated with respect.
Only God knows how you treat them, because it's obviously not his first time of doing that, just that he was caught this time.
Bad example mtchew

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Amumaigwe: 4:57am On Sep 28
Quelme:
Useless priest.

I wonder wetin him go dey do in secret.... Devils incarnate must especially those catholic priest.

You have issues with Catholic priests. Do not hide behind an isolated incident to villify a whole institution. At least he openly apologized, let your GO's that can never do any wrong learn from that too.

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Ajalalomo: 5:02am On Sep 28
Accidentally
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by VinnyBaba: 5:15am On Sep 28
While we have Gentle Rev Fathers, we have the Short-tempered ones.

A Rev Father in my church once Slapped a Young girl who was coming to do Responsorial Psalms
but she was chewing Chewing gum. undecided undecided

I supported him then. sad

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by decency17(m): 5:26am On Sep 28
Ask him if he would have apologised if the clip had not gone viral? He is such a deplorable person. To think that he is occupying the office of a ?? Priest .
Omo that boy try o. I for don burst into cry. But the body did not shake despite that heavy knock. It shows he has seen worse.

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Onebabe(f): 5:27am On Sep 28
That was child abuse
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Steinmann: 5:36am On Sep 28
Catholic priests are way better than pastors.
God has already forgiven him for his apology .
To err is human ,to forgive is divine.
I love our priests and the sacrifice they make daily in trying to live christlike lives.

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by jegusj(m): 5:37am On Sep 28
[b][/b]
jchioma:
Well, the message has been passed cheesy

Concentration is sometimes a problem. The young man was being distracted and needed some reality check!

Next time Behave!
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by AntiisIam(m): 5:44am On Sep 28
I wish you experience how our Alfas in Ilorin dey beat and slap hell out of omo ile-kewu

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Darlingjay1(f): 5:48am On Sep 28
Until the family members knock am back, nothing liie apology
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by succri(m): 5:54am On Sep 28
If i was there i'ld slap him and blame it on my reflex , only God knows what that little man goes through off camera

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by deltateam: 5:59am On Sep 28
jchioma:
Well, the message has been passed cheesy

Concentration is sometimes a problem. The young man was being distracted and needed some reality check!

Next time Behave!

I doubt it would be funny if he was your brother.

You don't even know if he was sleepy or hungry.
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by stuffs4me(m): 6:13am On Sep 28
Phils:
More of a reflex action.

Learnt the work of an Altar Boy is a 'no-nonsense' job. The Priest normally strict with Altar Boys because some of them will end up going to the Seminary or some may be carried away with the goodies flying around in Parish house.

Just to digress, the know of all 'happenings' in the Parish house and must be kept in check not to be a 'traitor'.

His jail term will be reflex action too

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by franugo(m): 6:14am On Sep 28
Gerard28:

Did you even watch that video well?

The boy was placing the mic higher than than the mouth. Meaning he lost focus

So what? Are you saying he deserved to be knocked??

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Bahamas95(m): 6:56am On Sep 28
Gerard28:

Shut the fvck up
He should shut up for what? For saying the truth?

You're really a big fòol!......Fvcking priest àsslicker.

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Dpaulie(m): 7:00am On Sep 28
Gerard28:

Did you even watch that video well?

The boy was placing the mic higher than than the mouth. Meaning he lost focus
Are u justifying the knock?

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by PotatoSalad(m): 7:04am On Sep 28
Eagleways:
NONSENSE! Just imagine. This is the reason our society is finished. Moral decadence everywhere. What is wrong with giving a knock? As if he was stabbed.
This our low budget equal right abi freedom is the reason our children would be rotten, excluding mine. Two big #200 canes are in my wardrobe as I write this. You do anyhow, you just collect. Keep all your nonsense to yourselves, not in my house. My mum knocked me till my 2nd year in the Uni
Look how you turned out grin grin
Full of violence.
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by PotatoSalad(m): 7:06am On Sep 28
ceejay80s:
he didn't do anything, that's discipline ,
the person who uploaded it made the motion fast and the knock as many times as if the knock was 6 times,
una evil for this country ,
.f it were me, I won't apologize
Hope you no go Japa sha. Na this mentality dey make dem deport person

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Chasito(m): 7:18am On Sep 28
The Priest who knocked an Altar Boy's head could only be wrong for doing so at Mass.

I love the fact that he has apologized in the same way the ‘knock clip’ was made public. However, what I don't understand is why people like Bovi would still overflog the matter even after the priest's apology.

I can't remember the last time Comedian Bovi defended a commoner or dragged our erring politicians online. Why is he suddenly defensive when a Reverend father is involved?

If the Priest had punished the Altar server after Mass, nobody would've recorded it on video. From the way I see it, that knock was rather a way to call the distracted Altar server back to order because the priest had initially signalled him. Only Altar servers in the Catholic Church would understand this better. You don't get distracted during Mass. It's not a child's play neither is it a mere gathering. It's the holy Mass! And in this Mass, a very crucial part of a wedding was ongoing.

The knock could only be seen as being wrong because someone recorded the video.

The Priest has the authority to discipline anyone who errs at Mass, more especially the Altar Boys. Like I already hinted, liturgy is no joke at all. There are set down rules or doctrines that must not be flawed. That's how organized the mother church can be.

Those coming out to accuse priests of being arrogant and vile should go take their seats under a Gmelina tree shade please.

Bovi calling on the Police even after an apology isn't being reasonable. Anyway, I almost forgot that he is a joker!

And I almost forgot that the name ‘Catholic’ roasts the livers of many. Even the Priest who trended for making the 5,000 naira appeal was still tagged a hypocrite by some haters of the Catholic Church.

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Konquest: 7:21am On Sep 28
Kayzz34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVzJRSK9pN4?si=oellnjO1UMWl2DF2

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/8223536/priest-gives-altar-boy-knock
Did I just hear the irresponsible father of that altar boy say in the video that "there is nothing bad in knocking the head" of the Altar boy? That's outright child abuse and this is the reason why it's absolutely illegal and a punishable offence under the Nigerian law for underaged children to be used as house helps or domestic workers. If this had happened in a place such as Lagos State where there are effective child abuse and domestic violence laws, this priest would have been summoned for questioning and appropriate sanctions applied.

Normally, what the so-called Catholic priest did by knocking that boy's head is a punishable offence under the child abuse laws in many countries of the world. The priest was also telling blatant LIES to the Altar boy's parents that the knock was "accidental" and that somebody took a picture and posted it on the Internet. NO, it was the FULL video we all saw NOT a picture and his knuckles flew right into the altar boy's head like a well-aimed projectile.
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Observatory: 7:35am On Sep 28
Funny how people don't see that the Boy and his Father came to meet the priest to get the so called apology grin
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Konquest: 7:53am On Sep 28
Slurity:
He was even lying to defend himself. He called that "accidentally knocked his head in public." Imagine what he will do in secret.
That's spot on. I like the fact that you saw that BIG LIE too... Claiming it was "accidental" (or a kind of reflex action). That's exactly what I indicated in my post right above when I carefully analyzed the crappy apology video. What he did was child abuse which is an offence. It's a punishable offence in many countries of the world but some simpletons here are under the effect of the Stockholm Syndrome and have placed these folks in the priesthood (and alfas in Quranic madrasas) on a putrefying pedestal to continue the child abuse and the debasing of kids in their care in the name of religion.

It would have been better for him to use a firm verbal reprimand or a light tap of the arm of the altar boy in order to maintain the boy's concentration during the wedding ceremony.
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by tnerro1(m): 8:05am On Sep 28
Na who carry all these religious people for head get wahala
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Squirrel1(m): 8:08am On Sep 28
Chikel20000:
Better late than never....can those Islamic guys apologize?
na dem knock the boy?

I swear the priest supposed find you give you resetting knock for this ignorant n bigoted comment.
Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Squirrel1(m): 8:09am On Sep 28
gasparpisciotta:
The speed of the knock shows that the priest may have been assaulting many of those boys physically, emotionally and probably {sexually?)
the Catholic church is known for the last adverb. It's nothing new!

Re: Priest Apologizes To The Family Of Alter Boy He Knocked On The Head by Finchmgh: 8:11am On Sep 28
chudez0147:
Apology unacceptable
Then go and die

Even the parents are happy with the priest for correcting the lad. Then who are you?

Bishop Oyedepo: How To Handle Insults / Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere Gives Female Taxi Driver A New Car / Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband?