Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,774 members, 7,965,916 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 03:18 AM

Beans Safety Alert: What You Need To Know About The Trending Contamination Saga - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Beans Safety Alert: What You Need To Know About The Trending Contamination Saga (186 Views)

Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup / Can You Pass This Food Safety Quiz? (Photos) / What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beans Safety Alert: What You Need To Know About The Trending Contamination Saga by maureensylvia(f): 7:16pm On Sep 27
I understand you've been hearing concerns about poisoned beans on social media. I'd like to shed some light on this issue.

This isn't the first time we've heard warnings about beans. It happened in 2009, 2011, 2016, and 2018. Let's separate fact from fiction.

Some people think certain tribes are trying to harm others through contaminated beans. That's simply not true. Businesspeople want to make a profit, not harm entire communities.

Think about it: if beans were that deadly, we'd see widespread deaths, not just isolated cases.

What’s Behind the issue?

Some beans may contain pesticides residues from farming

How Sellers Contribute to the problem

some sellers use excessive preservatives to extend the shelf life of their beans. Others may store beans improperly.
This can lead to food poisoning. Unfortunately, some sellers prioritize profits over customer safety.

These preservatives can harm people differently, depending on their body sensitivity. Some might experience mild symptoms like stomach aches, while others may require hospitalization.
Re: Beans Safety Alert: What You Need To Know About The Trending Contamination Saga by maureensylvia(f): 7:17pm On Sep 27
It's essential to note that not all sellers intentionally try to harm people and actually need to be aware of the harmful effects of these preservatives.
However, using excessive preservatives can still cause serious health issues.

The real issue lies in excessive preservatives used to extend shelf life. Improper cooking and washing can lead to food poisoning.

So, what can you do?

1. Buy beans from trusted/traceable sources.
2. Avoid beans with unusual odours/Discoloration
3. Choose beans with a fresh appearance.
4. ⁠Wash and cook beans thoroughly
4. Wash and parboil beans before cooking.

Remember, verified information and caution are key.

Let's dismiss harmful rumors and focus on safety.

Your health matters, and so does food safety. Beans are an excellent protein source which cannot be neglected

stay safe!

1 Like

Re: Beans Safety Alert: What You Need To Know About The Trending Contamination Saga by TinkTwice(m): 7:24pm On Sep 27
grin

I like beans btw and I eat it alot ..
Sometimes, it changes my fart to a very heavy odour.. grin n i'ont even mind

I simply wash, perboil the beans and change the water, before final cooking..
Re: Beans Safety Alert: What You Need To Know About The Trending Contamination Saga by Sharingiscaring: 7:38pm On Sep 27
The rates of paranoia getting ever higher in Nigeria since the day Buhari stepped his feet into Aso Rock as a civilian President. And Tinubu is not helping matters. All those who criticized the Jonathan Administration have gone to sleep. It's well.

(1) (Reply)

Peanut Almond Slicing Machine / You Deserve Fries Over Lies! / Our Tantalizing Bells Are Jingling!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.