Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,176 members, 7,988,051 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 11:58 PM

Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day (14462 Views)

As Ohanaeze Presidency Moves To Rivers State In 2025....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Kosiso12(f): 7:32am On Sep 28
Nigeria will be celebrating its 64th Independence Day on October 1, 2024.

While the government prepares for the traditional celebrations, certain groups have slated this day to begin sustained protests against the current hardship, which they attribute to ‘bad governance.’ This planned protest, tagged #FearlessInOctober or EndBadGovernanceProtestInNigeria 2.0, follows a similar 10-day protest in August where thousands across various states expressed grievances against government policies.

The August protests focused on reversing government policies, including the removal of subsidy on petrol, floating the naira, and increasing electricity tariffs. Despite passionate pleas and cautions from authorities, protests turned violent, with attacks on persons and infrastructure.

To prevent a repeat of the August violence, the presidency is engaging with protest organizers to reach an understanding before October 1. Special Adviser Bayo Onanuga said that the government supports peaceful protests but is apprehensive about potential riots.

“Government is not against any peaceful protest by Nigerians. After all, it is their fundamental right to stage any protest.

“But government is always apprehensive about such protests degenerating into a riot as we experienced in August or the 2020 EndSARS protest in many parts of the country.

“Security agencies have been discussing with some of the organisers and they are being monitored so that they do not plunge the country into chaos or allow themselves to be used by internal and external forces which want to subvert the country and the 16-month-old administration”, he said.

He highlighted that economic reforms have started yielding dividends, citing indicators from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

Since the August protests, the economic situation has worsened. Petrol prices have risen to over N1,000, and the exchange rate exceeds N1,600..
Source : https://politicsnigeria.com/presidency-moves-to-disrupt-planned-protest-on-independence-day/

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by vanbonattel: 7:33am On Sep 28
People shouldn't waste their time protesting.

My candid advice.

NB. If you must protest, protest in Abuja where the old druggie lives, or Lagos and Osun his states. Keep your leprosy fingers out of the regions that wants peace.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Lindlady(f): 7:35am On Sep 28
We will protest until Tinubu resigns. He is of no use to Nigerians.

81 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by vanbonattel: 7:36am On Sep 28
Lindlady:
We will protest until Tinubu resigns. He is of no use to Nigerians.

Comedians grin

Make sure you all come out with red noses, the type that clowns 🤡 wear in a circus grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Peledonomy: 7:39am On Sep 28
cool

I just saw this on Twitter.

Are loan apps still public shaming people? I thought it was illegal.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by helinues: 7:40am On Sep 28
Should we allow the idlers to disrupt the independence day celebration? Hell No

They will be taken care of

I am really enjoying how the idlers have been crying on mentions on this thread. It hits them where it's not good

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Lindlady(f): 7:42am On Sep 28
helinues:

Why do you keep supporting anything evil to the detriment of the masses? Are you a devil reincarnate? Answer me.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Kosiso12(f): 7:46am On Sep 28
Peledonomy:
cool

I just saw this on Twitter.

Are loan apps still public shaming people? I thought it was illegal.

You saw it on twitter or you are the one who received it? Pay them their money Ogbeni.

14 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by helinues: 7:48am On Sep 28
Lindlady:
Why do you keep supporting anything evil to the detriment of the masses? Are you a devil reincarnate? Answer me.

But your activities for years on this forum have just been full of evil and wickedness.

How many senseless trolling monikers are you going to create today?

Someone will scatter whatever business you lay your hand on same way you are scattering this forum by manipulating the statistics with senseless trolling monikers for years . That's is inevitable

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Lindlady(f): 7:49am On Sep 28
helinues:

But your activities for years on this forum have just been full of evil and wickedness.

How many senseless trolling monikers are you going to create today?

Someone will scatter whatever business you lay your hand on same way you are scattering this forum by manipulating the statistics with senseless trolling monikers for years . That's is inevitable
Don't mistaken me for another person.

14 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Godfullsam(m): 7:55am On Sep 28
vanbonattel:

My candid advice.

They will protest and nothing you and your balablu government can do about it.

36 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Peledonomy: 8:00am On Sep 28
Kosiso12:

You saw it on twitter or you are the one who received it? Pay them their money Ogbeni.

Hahahahah. Oboi I defaulted on loan apps since 2021. No loan app dey give me money again.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by vanbonattel: 8:24am On Sep 28
Godfullsam:

They will protest and nothing you and your balablu government can do about it.

Try it na, some people of Kano are still in jail eating watery beans grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by JASONjnr(m): 8:37am On Sep 28
The organisers should be careful oh.....

Tinubu is looking for who he will lock up in prison..... But he will also put his second term bidding in jail as many Nigerians will not vote for him.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by donmixc: 9:25am On Sep 28
helinues:

Bigoted evil lost soul

17 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Ofunaofu: 9:25am On Sep 28
helinues:

Who are you referring to as "the idlers"?

Because, as far as Nairaland is concerned, you are the one and only idler. A very disruptive individual.

26 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Shawarmagirl: 9:25am On Sep 28
helinues:

Clown 🤡.

18 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:25am On Sep 28
We are not even asking for much, just return our economy to what it was and everybody will be alright! lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Shawarmagirl: 9:26am On Sep 28
Ofunaofu:

Who are you referring to as "the idlers"?

Because, as far as Nairaland is concerned, you are the one and only idler. A very disruptive individual.

He's our landlord here

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Urgent1Million: 9:26am On Sep 28
There won't be need for any protests if the government listens to the people.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:27am On Sep 28
Peledonomy:

Hahahahah. Oboi I defaulted on loan apps since 2021. No loan app dey give me money again.

But u later pay them?
Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Samogloby: 9:27am On Sep 28
vanbonattel:

Comedians grin

Make sure you all come out with red noses, the type that clowns 🤡 wear in a circus grin
Honestly, you are the clown here

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by ballum: 9:27am On Sep 28
Juj
Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Nwaokunkpara: 9:28am On Sep 28
Nigeria is on a life support

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:28am On Sep 28
You are a candid fool. Your advice is not needed.

vanbonattel:

My candid advice.

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by bdon123(m): 9:28am On Sep 28
helinues:

Wat are u planning to celebrate?

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by Shawarmagirl: 9:29am On Sep 28
Y'all should not be quoting Helinues whenever he says negative things. He do it on purpose with clean eyes to draw attention. So quoting him gives him the attention he needs.

Na people like me feat the guy. Even in his sleep and dream, I wake him up and torment him.

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by OgbeniOja1: 9:29am On Sep 28
May Thunder fire who ever is used to disrupt the will of the people. may his lineage have no rest. may he/she become a laughing stock to his pairs. every day Hellanus is trekking up and down yet trying his very best to be standing on the mandate. it's not easy now

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by OgbeniOja1: 9:29am On Sep 28
The protest this time there is no need to beg anybody. even Ronu dey feel am. every where don spoil. if you no join protest you go still feel it.
Meanwhile, Those working in Lagos and Abuja how Una dey manage rising cost of transportation?? cos my Abuja and Lagos experience this period no be joke ooo. money just dey go fiam fiam foam!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves To Disrupt Planned Protest On Independence Day by whippersnapper(m): 9:30am On Sep 28
Wahallahi be like Nigeria e no dey finish
Anything protest count me out. Nigeria no worth dying for

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2012 Budget Compared To 2011 And 2010 (N13trn or $84bn) / Ohaneze: Umahi Trading Off Igbo’s Interests For Abuja’s Enticements & Inducement / People Asked To Sweep INEC Office In Anambra Before Registration For Voters Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.