Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,943 members, 7,962,999 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

The Alarming Rate Of Loan Defaults - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Alarming Rate Of Loan Defaults (163 Views)

$10bn Debt: CBN Defaults On Payment To Banks, Dollar Nears β‚¦β€Ž1,000 / Loan Apps Send β€˜Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / From August 1, Your Loan Defaults Will Be Settled With Funds In Other Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Alarming Rate Of Loan Defaults by Peledonomy: 7:58am On Sep 28
Just the other day, I saw I video on Twitter about a man who was evicted from his house because his wife used his house as a collateral for a loan which she defaulted.

Today again, I went on Twitter and was greeted by another image of a text message showing palmpay threatening a customer who obviously defaulted.

It just jolted my memory to the series of defamatory text messages and WhatsApp messages I have received I the past 4 weeks about some of my contacts, some of them are people of impeccable character.

It made me wonder if the country has gotten worse.

There is an architect who helped me in 2018 to purchase some bags of chicken feed for my poultry business. He assisted me when I had no money to buy feeds.

Just yesterday, I saw his image on my WhatsApp as a defaulter. I called him to find out how he is doing, I carefully avoided the loan app part.

The man told me that things were very tough o. He said he was involved in an accident and was looking for money to offset some medical bills. He shared me images on WhatsApp and I almost wept.

The last 5k in my account, I sent to him.

My problem is this, why are these loan apps still going against the government rules and regulations to defame people?

I am tired of receiving messages concerning loans I knew nothing about initially.

It's not like when they were giving out the loans, they informed me.

If I get money, I will sue the unfortunate loan app.

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Loan Defaults by ActiveFarms: 8:00am On Sep 28
Please blur the persons number please
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Loan Defaults by Peledonomy: 8:06am On Sep 28
ActiveFarms:

I picked the image from Twitter.

Blurring it won't mean anything now. Many eyes have seen it
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Loan Defaults by Jamahyel(m): 8:08am On Sep 28
ActiveFarms:
na your number 😁😁?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Loan Defaults by JASONjnr(m): 8:27am On Sep 28
The loan apps will fold up and leave Nigeria soon... As hunger is increasing, most Nigerians will look to borrow from loan apps...
Re: The Alarming Rate Of Loan Defaults by Natbrowny: 8:44am On Sep 28
Na their staffs dey send mesage oo. Coz they are tired of calling n receiving no response. The loan apps will deny sending any message to you.

Someone called me to report another individual of non payment and it was a normal number. I queried the caller and asked him to call me with the company dedicated number, so i can confirm if he's truly a staff and not a scammer, and that I'm willing to help the person pay up to end dis incessant calls to my line.

He didnt call back.

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Loan Defaults by Peledonomy: 9:16am On Sep 28
Natbrowny:
Na their staffs dey send mesage oo. Coz they are tired of calling n receiving no response. The loan apps will deny sending any message to you.

Someone called me to report another individual of non payment and it was a normal number. I queried the caller and asked him to call me with the company dedicated number, so i can confirm if he's truly a staff and not a scammer, and that I'm willing to help the person pay up to end dis incessant calls to my line.

He didnt call back.

Na true talk

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fire Extinguishers Supplies, Servicing,refilling And Installations. / We Develop Any Type Of Website / Customized Nylon Bags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.