Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,250 members, 7,981,436 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 05:09 PM

INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count (20125 Views)

Reno Omokri Lists Some Discrepancies In Peter Obi’s Credentials, Defends Tinubu / Results On INEC Portal Show Peter Obi, Not Tinubu, Won In Rivers - Premium Times / Tinubu's Certificates Emerges As Nigerians Point To Discrepancies In Obi's Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by ejimatic: 5:08pm On Sep 28
danijesus:
the supreme court is one of the problem we have in Nigeria
When Oyetola lost in 2022,I knew he was used as sacrifice for other elections. it was that judgement that revealed the relevance of IREV on Nigerian elections

The relevance is zero !
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by IfnobeGod20: 5:12pm On Sep 28
SarakiBukola:

So right about your tribe. Always cowards grin

Shebi you dey find fight ni ? After beating you black and blue you're crying to the mods. grin

You should have fought like a man so that I would teach you a lesson you will never forget in your life.
I don't roll in the mud as Omoluabi, I am well trained by my parents not to throw abuses about. Nairaland have rules and must be obeyed by all her users.
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by SarakiBukola: 5:12pm On Sep 28
IfnobeGod20:

Doinique
Jutwise
ynd44
am4j
Nlpmod
Ferge001
Mkina
Dminique

Rule 2 breached

Go and check all my quotes for more ammo.

I can bet you will see me in your nightmares going forward.

Next time you will learn your manners when engaging with certain people.

I destroyed your psyche and harvested your soul. grin

I want a ban sef. Need to do some real work instead of giving y'all free hometraining grin
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by senatordave1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 28
IfnobeGod20:
My brother, Nigeria is a constitutional country. No country of the world that their judiciary made laws for the operation of the country. The legislature is empowered to make laws while going through the back door to make laws and later recanted to the same arm that suppose to make the law. No serious country is run in that manner.
You claimed 99% of Nigerians were against the Naira design policy and the local government autonomy were appraised by the generality of the people. Please when did you carry out the sampling and come out with such stat? The local government autonomy received the highest backlash by people after the judgement because we are operating on federating system constitutionally.
Just I have said, no matter how audible and friendly a ruling may be, it must take its root from the constitution and if not it has ran foul of the law. Those rulings were good but why not go through the normal processes to make them happen and not through the back door.
The supreme court faulted the removal of some legislators by the appeal court but none were returned and those not won elections are now the people representing their constituencies at the national assembly. The parties concerned apply for the review of the judgements and they were all thrown out.

The same sampling I do to know APC will win Edo and other states. Don't you move on the streets? Out of every 10 people you meet,8-9 supported those rulings. The backlash are only from the govs and few people benefitting from the system. Even anti govt critics like Ozekhome, Edwin Clark etc supported the rulings..
The supreme court is a court of policy and must interpret the law in a way to favour the public not punish it. The constitution has clearly gave the three levels independence.it is an anomaly for the state to receive that of the lgas na...this is anti Federalism...the apex court didn't abolish this ruling but only modify the "shall" to May..
If you want to amend it through the nass, it is impossible as most states assemblies will shoot it down so this is the best route...

The constitution has clearly ended legislative disputes at appeal court so the apex court has no power to upturn it...the only ruling I fault is that of plateau guber. The pdp should have been disqualified
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by senatordave1(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28
IfnobeGod20:
I should be going back to show you what has been flying about on the net. Please Lagos, Rivers, Benue, Imo, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe and many states their discrepancies were flying about then. Some were suppression. Some were rigging in the form of inflation of votes and some were outright no voting but results were declared.

I have obi petition here in my phone. There was never any evidence of discrepancy in Lagos sir
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by senatordave1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 28
IfnobeGod20:
Can you point out where I discussed with you and I claimed it was better than last year own. Please it wasn't me.
How would I say an election that was scientifically and technically rigged be better than last year own. Politicians and INEC have perfected scientifically the rigging style and if not checked it would continue unabated.

You are just speculating. Where is the evidence of scientific and technical rigging? So because the opposition claimed rigging,you now agree without verifying? Did labour party allege rigging? Was it not only vote buying they queried? So you are saying that kogi and bayelsa elections was better than this
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by Bimpe29: 6:06pm On Sep 28
What an electoral fraud! How I wish the Hon. Justices that would sit on the case at all levels can be fair, just and honest with the empirical facts as will be presented before them?

2 Likes

Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by Exousiang01(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28
otherway:

Is it that you are so hopelessly dumb or your peeps just wasted money sending you to school.

I'm sorry if this sounds offensive but you really need to read your comments before posting.

Now read your last paragraph again.

The results captured by the irev from polling units real time is the constitutionally approved result.

Section 60(5) of the electoral act: This section mandates that after counting the votes at polling units, the presiding officer shall announce the result and transmit it electronically where applicable.

Text:

"The presiding officer shall, after counting the votes at the polling unit, enter the votes scored by each candidate in a form to be prescribed by the Commission. The form shall be signed and stamped by the presiding officer and counter-signed by the candidates or their polling agents where available at the polling unit. The presiding officer shall, after recording and announcing the result, transmit the result in the manner prescribed by the Commission."

According to the electoral act, the prescribed manner is through capturing and uploading to the IREV electronically.

Show me where it is stated in the electoral law that the result on the IREV is the official result and it overrides the result from the collation Centre

You can see that you are the dumb one.
Have you ever seen any judgement given in favor of IREV result?
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by IfnobeGod20: 7:08pm On Sep 28
senatordave1:

You are just speculating. Where is the evidence of scientific and technical rigging? So because the opposition claimed rigging,you now agree without verifying? Did labour party allege rigging? Was it not only vote buying they queried? So you are saying that kogi and bayelsa elections was better than this
Please which kind mindset is this, do you expect the winner of an election to also complain of any electoral infraction or commission? You said, because opposition claimed there was rigging and I agreed with them. Please who should complaining of electoral fraud if not the losers of election?
My brother, you based your argument on news heading and not the content of the news. Akpata complained of rigging and vote buying. Read the excerpt from the news and the link follows:
"In a statement on Monday, Akpata said the election was “marred by voter intimidation and the falsification of results”.

Akpata said he has no sympathy for the PDP in its complaints about electoral malpractice during the poll, noting that the party “willingly participated in the bidding war with the APC, fully aware of the rules from the outset”.

“However, a troubling theme emerged as the day unfolded: a widespread vote-buying scheme by both the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),” Akpata said".
https://www.thecable.ng/olumide-akpata-what-transpired-in-edo-was-not-an-election-but-a-bidding-war-for-votes/amp/

Please you're putting words into my mouth, I have not said any election was better than the other. What I said is our election fraud has graduated to scientific way and not the gleering rigging known to even the uneducated and that is the fact because our election is minimal electronic.
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by otherway: 7:10pm On Sep 28
Exousiang01:

Show me where it is stated in the electoral law that the result on the IREV is the official result and it overrides the result from the collation Centre

You can see that you are the dumb one.
Have you ever seen any judgement given in favor of IREV result?

I was expecting you to quote the electoral act that says Irev uploaded results should be disregarded over coalition center result.

Olodo

Let me educate you more.

Here are relevant sections of the electoral act.

Section 64(4)-(6): This section addresses the issue of discrepancies or inconsistencies between the manually collated results and the electronically transmitted results. It gives the power to the collation officer to request verification or review where there is a conflict between the results transmitted and those physically presented.

Section 64(6) states:
"Where during collation of results, there is a dispute regarding a collated result or the result of an election from any polling unit, the collation officer or returning officer shall use the results electronically transmitted directly from that polling unit to determine the correct result."

Section 64(7): This section states that where a result from a polling unit is not transmitted or where there is evidence that the result transmitted is compromised, the results from that unit may be canceled or rejected.

It reads:
"Where the returning officer or collation officer, as the case may be, determines that the collated result of an election under this section is incorrect or the result of an election at a polling unit is not transmitted directly from the polling unit in a manner prescribed under this Act, he or she shall reject the result and take appropriate steps as laid down by an Act of the National Assembly or the guidelines of the Commission."

Can you see that you can't override the result of IREV with that of the coalition center.
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by IfnobeGod20: 7:13pm On Sep 28
SarakiBukola:

Grow up and stop crying to the mods when spanked. grin
Who are you spanking or you're just been unruly in breaching Nairaland rules as an educated fellow.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by IfnobeGod20: 7:25pm On Sep 28
senatordave1:

I have obi petition here in my phone. There was never any evidence of discrepancy in Lagos sir
Even after showing you news on the content of Obi's and LP petition, you're still arguing it. Please is it me that doesn't have his petition? Even if I don't have it, won't google search bring it for me?
A small google search of states Obi raised concern in his petition, that would have saved you this long argument.
He raised concerns in 18 states and was able to submit CTC on 13 states, Lagos inclusive during tribunal seating and the news is on net.
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by senatordave1(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28
IfnobeGod20:
Even after showing you news on the content of Obi's and LP petition, you're still arguing it. Please is it me that doesn't have his petition? Even if I don't have it, won't google search bring it for me?
A small google search of states Obi raised concern in his petition, that would have saved you this long argument.
He raised concerns in 18 states and was able to submit CTC on 13 states, Lagos inclusive during tribunal seating and the news is on net.

Oga, it is not about just submitting mere petition or raising allegations. Was it proven? Did obi prove that his votes were suppressed in Lagos? All of us saw the clear discrepancy in benue and rivers. Can you show anyone in Lagos? In the absence of that, we go with the one inec declared please...it is a settled fact that mere allegations are not facts
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by senatordave1(m): 9:13pm On Sep 28
IfnobeGod20:
Please which kind mindset is this, do you expect the winner of an election to also complain of any electoral infraction or commission? You said, because opposition claimed there was rigging and I agreed with them. Please who should complaining of electoral fraud if not the losers of election?
My brother, you based your argument on news heading and not the content of the news. Akpata complained of rigging and vote buying. Read the excerpt from the news and the link follows:
"In a statement on Monday, Akpata said the election was “marred by voter intimidation and the falsification of results”.

Akpata said he has no sympathy for the PDP in its complaints about electoral malpractice during the poll, noting that the party “willingly participated in the bidding war with the APC, fully aware of the rules from the outset”.

“However, a troubling theme emerged as the day unfolded: a widespread vote-buying scheme by both the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),” Akpata said".
https://www.thecable.ng/olumide-akpata-what-transpired-in-edo-was-not-an-election-but-a-bidding-war-for-votes/amp/

Please you're putting words into my mouth, I have not said any election was better than the other. What I said is our election fraud has graduated to scientific way and not the gleering rigging known to even the uneducated and that is the fact because our election is minimal electronic.

Akpata major complain was obviously vote buying which both pdp and apc engaged in...pdp complained of rigging but so far,what we have seen is minimum or isolated cases which goes nowhere...pdp themselves listed cases of over voting in 20 units...
There is no election that is 100% of rigging,it will always be there but let it be at a minimum...that is what happened in edo.do not use a few places to condemn an entire election.
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by senatordave1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 28
Bimpe29:
What an electoral fraud! How I wish the Hon. Justices that would sit on the case at all levels can be fair, just and honest with the empirical facts as will be presented before them?

Which fraud? I am disappointed in you... Are you aware that those figures are 2020 figures
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by danijesus(m): 9:29pm On Sep 28
senatordave1:

Which fraud? I am disappointed in you... Are you aware that those figures are 2020 figures
you lie pass Devil...which 2020 election figures??
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by IfnobeGod20: 3:32am On Sep 29
senatordave1:

Akpata major complain was obviously vote buying which both pdp and apc engaged in...pdp complained of rigging but so far,what we have seen is minimum or isolated cases which goes nowhere...pdp themselves listed cases of over voting in 20 units...
There is no election that is 100% of rigging,it will always be there but let it be at a minimum...that is what happened in edo.do not use a few places to condemn an entire election.
You now agrees that Akapata also complained of rigging but more of your concern is that he was particular about vote buying. Akapata complained of heavy rigging and the LP national assembly caucus also complained same.
Meanwhile, with your kind this country can never move forward. Should a system be manipulated to favour anyone in a real sense? Why should a whole results of local government be altered because you want someone to win and not only one local government but a whole constituency, inflating the figures while the accredited voters is less.
People deserves to choose who they want to lead them and not few elements manipulating the will of the people and some people somewhere rejoicing over their malfeasance. No country grow in such manner or anti democracy.
The funny thing is that the country had refused to make example of those undermining the electoral integrity. Until they make a show of these people undermining our election and let them face stiffer punishment and wrath, we will never get it right anytime soon.
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by IfnobeGod20: 3:37am On Sep 29
senatordave1:

Oga, it is not about just submitting mere petition or raising allegations. Was it proven? Did obi prove that his votes were suppressed in Lagos? All of us saw the clear discrepancy in benue and rivers. Can you show anyone in Lagos? In the absence of that, we go with the one inec declared please...it is a settled fact that mere allegations are not facts
That is bygone because we cannot turn back the hand of clock on this Lagos issue but I just want you to know that Lagos had the same issue that 18 states had and it was part of states under scrutiny by Peter Obi and LP.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by Bimpe29: 8:16am On Sep 29
senatordave1:

The purported electoral fraud under consideration. You don't have to be disappointed at all. How is it possible for PDP to be brandishing 2020 election figures in this context?
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by senatordave1(m): 8:38am On Sep 29
Bimpe29:

The purported electoral fraud under consideration. You don't have to be disappointed at all. How is it possible for PDP to be brandishing 2020 election figures in this context?

But those are exactly 2020 results. Premium times brandished it on the day of the elections from 5pm..it might not actually be from pdp but pdp is capable of very foolish abd desperate things
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by senatordave1(m): 8:38am On Sep 29
IfnobeGod20:
That is bygone because we cannot turn back the hand of clock on this Lagos issue but I just want you to know that Lagos had the same issue that 18 states had and it was part of states under scrutiny by Peter Obi and LP.

Let us stick to official figures in the absence of fact
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by senatordave1(m): 8:42am On Sep 29
IfnobeGod20:
You now agrees that Akapata also complained of rigging but more of your concern is that he was particular about vote buying. Akapata complained of heavy rigging and the LP national assembly caucus also complained same.
Meanwhile, with your kind this country can never move forward. Should a system be manipulated to favour anyone in a real sense? Why should a whole results of local government be altered because you want someone to win and not only one local government but a whole constituency, inflating the figures while the accredited voters is less.
People deserves to choose who they want to lead them and not few elements manipulating the will of the people and some people somewhere rejoicing over their malfeasance. No country grow in such manner or anti democracy.
The funny thing is that the country had refused to make example of those undermining the electoral integrity. Until they make a show of these people undermining our election and let them face stiffer punishment and wrath, we will never get it right anytime soon.

I am not in support of rigging.i can't even stop it but I am realistic to know that we need to make incidences of rigging reduce gradually and it is happening...the purported rigging in that lga alleged would still not have affected the final outcome... Like bluntcrazeman said pdp also benefited from the rigging and cried foul once they lost... They planned to rig those lgas just that apc was faster and smarter...why cry foul ?
Re: INEC’s IREV Portal Show Discrepancies In Edo Governorship Count by Mrexcell(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29
shortgun:
Fraud!
This is exactly how Tinubu will rig and win in 2027.
The audacity by which they tell you to "go to court" clearly shows they also have the judiciary also in their pockets.
This is exactly how state capture looks like.
We were warned

The judiciary is headed by a woman that sat on the supreme court panel that declared uzodima winner of an election hevtook fourth position in nigeria is really finished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CCT Trail: Why Aso Rock Cabal Saved Saraki - Authorityngr.com / Why Northern youths won’t support Buhari in 2019 – Shettima, AYCF president / 2019: Atiku Accused Of Hiring Russia Agents To Rig Presidential Polls

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.