Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,001 members, 7,987,587 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 01:02 PM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina (24981 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle / Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo / Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Secretary Blinken In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Judolisco(m): 6:30pm On Sep 28
Why shaibu dey follow am up and down na... No class at all

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by 77up(m): 6:51pm On Sep 28
CodeTemplarr:
These network of looters again. What are they discussing? Another highway from Edo to Lagos?

...Or how to consolidate stolen mandate?
Wailing no dey taya you undecided

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Creamyjossy: 6:52pm On Sep 28
I pity for edo people....Ur governor elect is now a trainee in Lagos.

He will be trained how to be submissive in all monetization in other to return for second term
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by AbujaLagos: 6:53pm On Sep 28
chatinent:
Who would be Lagos' next governor?

Who do you think?
Ambode
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Pootle: 7:00pm On Sep 28
why sawoolu dey always stretch neck
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by stevups(m): 7:03pm On Sep 28
chatinent:

Who do you think?

Hamzat is the next gov
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 7:06pm On Sep 28
SocialJustice:
Shuaibu remains relevant going forward. Strong fighter.

He is a potential Minister of Youth or Sport in the months or years to come
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by noskcid(m): 7:15pm On Sep 28
Monday be careful oh
Things dey change and nobody your people no fit disgrace.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by DJInfluence: 7:25pm On Sep 28
At least the Edo state governor elect no ugly like the last 2 predecessors.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Menclothing1: 7:31pm On Sep 28
chatinent:

Who do you think?

GbajabiamilA is the next lagos state gov we will all vote for he did excellent as a rep transfer surulere to urban

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Okoroawusa: 7:40pm On Sep 28
Edo no be Lagos
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Deadlytruth(m): 8:13pm On Sep 28
BigBrother9ja:
cool cool cool

Our son has to come pay homage first to us cool
Next he'll go and prostrate for the Ọọni of ìfẹ, since no new Alaafin of Oyo for now cheesy

EDO NOR BE LAGOS, BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT EDO PEOPLE ARE MIGRANTS FROM YORUBAS.

I know mumu ignorant people will quote me to say rubbish but even your head is bearing OBA - which is a yoruba word.
A lot of Edo people, especially akoko edo are deeply yoruba rooted.
There are no Yorubas in Akoko-Edo. Your likes have spread this falsehood for too long. What we have in Akoko-Edo are Etuno, Okpameri, Uneme, Ososo, Okpe, etc. The only Yorubas to ever be in Akoko-Edo are the people of Imeri and they have since 1991 been joined to their Yoruba kinsmen in Osse Local Government Area of Ondo State through boundary readjustment.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by yusluvad(m): 8:22pm On Sep 28
CodeTemplarr:
These network of looters again. What are they discussing? Another highway from Edo to Lagos?

...Or how to consolidate stolen mandate?
The latter obviously!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Owontime: 8:28pm On Sep 28
This is the first sign that Edo is Lagos grin
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Osanoghodua1: 9:04pm On Sep 28
Court will sack him. Mark it
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:36pm On Sep 28
BigBrother9ja:
cool cool cool

Our son has to come pay homage first to us cool
Next he'll go and prostrate for the Ọọni of ìfẹ, since no new Alaafin of Oyo for now cheesy

EDO NOR BE LAGOS, BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT EDO PEOPLE ARE MIGRANTS FROM YORUBAS.

I know mumu ignorant people will quote me to say rubbish but even your head is bearing OBA - which is a yoruba word.
A lot of Edo people, especially akoko edo are deeply yoruba rooted.
Mumu, Akoko Edo border Yoruba communities. So it makes sense that they understand one another.
Benin and other tribes are different
The Benins have prove that shows it’s history outdates the origin of Yoruba
Besides, Yorubas have historically failed to show the origin of oduduwa

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by BigBrother9ja: 10:05pm On Sep 28
NOETHNICITY:
Mumu, Akoko Edo border Yoruba communities. So it makes sense that they understand one another.
You're just irredeemably daft.
Imagine a SENSELESS ordinary MINORITY having the audacity to talk rubbish about a dominant tribe.
A tribe that even stretches beyond Africa.
Who be Edo or Benin?
Who know una papa?
How old is your history?
What's you people's population MUMU?
Oduduwa you talk about didn't start the Yoruba race, you're just too daft to learn and comprehend the story of Oduduwa, but I'll give you small lesson.
When oduduwa came to Ife, people were already living there and these people were already grounded. Oduduwa even married one of the settlers, so what's a daft MUMU like you talking about?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:12pm On Sep 28
BigBrother9ja:

You're just irredeemably daft.
Imagine a SENSELESS ordinary MINORITY having the audacity to talk rubbish about a dominant tribe.
A tribe that even stretches beyond Africa.
Who be Edo or Benin?
Who know una papa?
How old is your history?
What's you people's population MUMU?
Oduduwa you talk about didn't start the Yoruba race, you're just too daft to learn and comprehend the story of Oduduwa, but I'll give you small lesson.
When oduduwa came to Ife, people were already living there and these people were already grounded. Oduduwa even married one of the settlers, so what's a daft MUMU like you talking about?
Bros, I definitely understand your frustrations
Only a foooool wouldn’t understand your condition
The economy is in tatters, poverty has quadrupled.
Abeg sorry, ekpele. Enisuru ejor emuabinu

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by BigBrother9ja: 10:14pm On Sep 28
NOETHNICITY:
Bros, I definitely understand your frustrations
Only a foooool wouldn’t understand your condition
The economy is in tatters, poverty has quadrupled.
Abeg sorry, ekpele. Enisuru ejor emuabinu
I understand your stupidity and level of comprehension. You're too low and daft for me to give attention. Rest in piss MUMU OZUOR
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28
BigBrother9ja:

I understand your stupidity and level of comprehension. You're too low and daft for me to give attention. Rest in piss MUMU OZUOR
Bro, Abeg direct your anger to Tinubu, I am not your president, neither am I your governor. Why you dey direct your anger towards me?

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by VaginaAcademic: 12:13am On Sep 29
chatinent:

Who do you think?
gbajabiamila
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Konquest: 2:30am On Sep 29
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Konquest: 3:01am On Sep 29
NOETHNICITY:
Let me come into your convo here to add some clarity to it.

You are NOT well informed about the bolded above.

Oduduwa is ORIGINALLY from a hilly abode called Oke Ora in Osun State just 8 miles away from Ile Ife. It was from there that he came to what is now Ile Ife where he met other people that had existed there for centuries and the direct ancestors of the current Oba or Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom in the oil and gas-rich Ilajeland, were the ones living in Ife but to avoid bloodshed, Ifa was consulted and they were given instructions to move to another location. Historically, the family compounds of the Olugbo of Ugbo is still in Ife and this is an open secret. (Ile Ife means "This land is wide" in English. Ufe is the correct dialectic pronunciation and spelling of the Ife people). This is why whenever a new Oba or Ooni of Ife (Ufe) is about to be crowned, he has to go to Oke Ora as part of the coronation rites and this has gone on for centuries now.

=>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oduduwa

Also, when it is stated in Yoruba and Ife cosmology that Oduduwa is the "progenitor", it simply refers METAPHORICALLY to the BEGINNING of a new ruling Dynasty and NOT that Oduduwa is the forebear of all Yoruba people. Anyhow, the Oduduwa lineage and other lineages have all intermarried, so, that division is no more apparent. About 3 years ago, the current Ooni of Ife, Oba Eniitan Ogunwusi granted a newspaper interview and confirmed what has always been known that the Oduduwa Dynasty is the 3rd ruling Dynasty in Ile Ife, emphasizing the existence of other traditional rulers or Kings in Ife history going back to centuries before Oduduwa came from Oke Ora just 8 miles away from Ife.

The elementary Nigerian social studies school curriculum from back in the day is responsible for the misleading oversimplification of the history of Oduduwa in Yoruba history by giving the false impression that he was the source of all Yoruba people, but this is FALSE and even in Ife, this FACTS are well known.

With reference to Benin history, the current Oba of Benin acknowledged in his official coronation speech that the first ever Oba of Benin is Oranmiyan (who in Yoruba and Ife history is Oduduwa's grandson NOT son like recent Benin tradition is portraying). That coronation speech and coronation videos of the Oba of Benin are still online via a simple Google search.

It's well known that the settlement of USEN (Ife Kekere) in Ovia West of Edo State was founded centuries back by Oranmiyan's older brother and it was from USEN that Oranmiyan left on his way to Igodomudo and became the ruler there but he did NOT stay too long. He had a son (Eweka) from the daughter of a noble man from Egor. Eweka eventually became the second Oba of Benin according to the coronation speech of the current Oba Ewuare 11. Even the Ogiamien family in Edo have also CLEARLY stated that the Oba of Benin's paternal lineage is of Yoruba origins from 900 years ago. Oranmiyan then returned home to Yorubaland and established the Oyo Kingdom which later evolved into the mighty Oyo Empire which gained it's ascendancy through a strong fighting force consisting of a strong cavalry with imported horses from the Savanna region.

The aristocrats and rulership of USEN in Ovia LGA of Edo State (which has an Oba who is known as the Elawure of USEN) also CLEARLY state that they are of Ile Ife origins. They are bilingual and speak their dialect of Yoruba and speak the Bini-Edo language and they greet one another by saying "Delauhe" OR "How is Uhe" (Uhe means Ife or Ufe). So, it must be emphasized here that it is the paternal lineage of the Benin Royal lineage that is directly of Ile Ife origins, BUT the maternal lineage is of indigenous origins from the Igodomigodo era before the Oranmiyan Dynasty started in Benin 900 years ago.

I hope that helps.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Zainabwhitemone(m): 4:51am On Sep 29
A battle of will vs A bone of contention
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Owontime: 5:31am On Sep 29
vowiski:
Did the INEC installed governed still kneel down ? cheesy
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Monday Okpebholo At Lagos House, Marina by Owontime: 5:31am On Sep 29
What English are you speaking? IPOB English? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading / Dino Melaye Makes A Case For The Nigerian Masses At The Senate . / Fayose Deletes Tweet When Ojudu Confronts Him. - (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.