Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,202 members, 7,963,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:11 PM

S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm (6533 Views)

Debt From Loan App Is Killing Me Slowly / How Do I Recover A Debt From My Pastor? / We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by ogugwa1992: 8:05pm On Sep 29

A Sierra Leonean company, Prima Maritime Logistics Consultancy & Services Limited is seeking the intervention of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, (NIMASA) to recover $876, 462 allegedly owed it by Bizonal Success Nigeria Limited for the tow of Ngol Dande 1 from Luanda Port, Angola to Nigeria Water for about 17 months.

Prima Maritime in also requesting NIMASA and other Nigerian authorities to prevail on Bizonal Success and its CEO, Yinusa Abioye Bola not to scrap its MT Ngol Dande 1 which is the only evidence the foreign firm can could use as evidence to lay claim for payment of the debt.

The firm which made these appeals through its legal constants VITALIS AHAOTU CHAMBERS in Lagos, said the failure of NIMASA to intervene in the case it will have a strained reciprocal relationship between Nigeria and Sierra Leone.

Head of the Chamber, Vitalis Ahaotu who disclosed to journalists explained that Prima Maritime Logistics Consultancy & Services Limited with Alim Ganga as the Managing Director had entered into a Tripartite Agreement with Fiba Networks Limited and Perculiar Steel and Power Limited for the operation and management of MV Aaliyah (Baracuda), a vessel registered in Sierra Leone.

Ahaotu said by virtue of the said Tripartite Agreement, Perculiar Steel and Power Limited was in charge of chartering of MV Aaliyah to a third party, hence Perculiar Steel and Power Limited entered into a Towage Agreement with Bizonal Success Nigeria Limited for the tow of MT Ngol Dande 1 from Angola Anchorage, dropping off at Lagos Anchorage Nigeria.

According to legal practitioner, the Towage Agreement provided in clause 22 for lump sum towage price and clause 29 a Three Thousand United States Dollars ($3000) delay payment for each day.

He said on arrival of MV Aaliyah at Luanda, Angola in 2023 for the tow of MT Ngol Dande 1, the crew as well as MV Aaliya was arrested allegedly as sea pirates who came to steal because the documents of purchase of MT Ngol Dande 1 given to them by Bola of Bizonal Success Nigeria Limited were allegedly fake.

"The crew were consequently released/while the crew were in detention, Alhaji Yinusa Abioye Bola collected the Eleven Thousand Euros (£ 11, 000) that was meant for the purchase of bunker and never returned the money as we speak.

"However, in the course of this ordeal, our client (Prima) discovered that Alhaji Yinusa Abioye Bola of Bizonal Success Nigeria Limited knew that the two vessels it allegedly bought were stolen vessels but he failed to disclose this fact to him before MV Aaliya was engaged for the tow. It was after all these predicaments that Bola of Bizonal Success began the due process to acquire the two scrap vessels legitimately.

"At last, MV Aaliyah towed MT Ngol Dande 1 from Luanda Port, Angola and arrived Nigeria territorial water on 31st July, 2024. At our greatest surprise, since MV Aaliyah arrived Nigeria, Alhaji Yinusa Abioye Bola has deliberately refused to pay MV Aaliyah the amount since the agreement came into effect .

"In the midst of all, our client has reliably been informed that Alhaji Bola has commenced, with lightning speed, the scrapping of MT Ngol Dande 1(the only object our client could use as evidence to lay claim for his payment).

"By all indications, it appears this singular act of Alhaji Bola, would not be undertaken without the full knowledge of certain compromised staff at NIMASA, since we have been informed that there has not been any official documentation allowing MT Ngol Dande 1 to operate/berth in Nigeria. They also did not register MT Ngol Ndande 1 as required by Law with NIMASA, Nigeria Customs, Nigeria Immigrations and Nigeria Navy.

"The total indebtedness of Alhaji Yinusa Abioye Bola and Bizonal Success Nigeria Limited to our client under the Towage Agreement, excluding the expenses allegedly incurred by them and accordingly set off by our client is the sum of US$876,462 (Eight Hundred and Seventy Six Thousand, Four Hundred and Sixty Two United States Dollars).

"We want NIMASA to intervene and ensure that Alhaji and Bizonal Limited pays our client his earned $876,462 for the tow of Ngol Dande 1 from Luanda Port, Angola to Nigeria Water which lasted for about 17 months to enable our client pay the Seafarers their wages, he stated.

https://independent.ng/sierra-leone-firm-to-recover-876462-from-nigerian-company/#:~:text=ABUJA%20%E2%80%93%20A%20Sierra%20Leonean%20firm,by%20Bizonal%20Success%20Nigeria%20Limited.

1 Like

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by mrjoeblinks: 9:34pm On Sep 29
Ehen?
Nigeria no dey pay debts o…last last we go beg for debt forgiveness grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by TinubuCriminal(f): 9:34pm On Sep 29
ogugwa1992:
Bizonal Success and its CEO, Yinusa Abioye Bola.

Another yoruba debt
Hope Presidential yacht won't be seized next

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by helinues: 9:34pm On Sep 29
Dem no sabi their way to court?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by id4sho(m): 9:36pm On Sep 29
Nigerians lipsrsealed

Our President will soon be handcuffed undecided

President Obasanjo really dealt with fraudsters likes of Ade Bendel, Banco Brazil geng

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by maysimsimple(m): 9:37pm On Sep 29
Wetin be this again ?
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by HAPPINESSWEALTH(f): 9:37pm On Sep 29
if you own any dept anywhere don't wait until they drag you to pay before you pay,

go and pay you dept.

we love you Princess FChukwu
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Pluto33: 9:38pm On Sep 29
ogugwa1992:

https://independent.ng/sierra-leone-firm-to-recover-876462-from-nigerian-company/#:~:text=ABUJA%20%E2%80%93%20A%20Sierra%20Leonean%20firm,by%20Bizonal%20Success%20Nigeria%20Limited.

Let them simply look for presidential plane to seize that is when our government will sit up. undecided

1 Like

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by stonemasonn: 9:41pm On Sep 29
Nigerians and debts....Tuehhhhh!
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by nurey(m): 9:42pm On Sep 29
You did business deal with a foreign company without following due process and doing due deligence before parting away with huge sums of money, i pray you guys lay your hands on the crook, he fit don japa enter another country and change his name while laying low.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Artscollection: 9:44pm On Sep 29
If they kpai the idiot now, everyone will be crying 😢 for an armed robber. Wicked souls, you want your own to thrive but ready to take food out of someone's table

4 Likes

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Krankhead: 9:45pm On Sep 29
mrjoeblinks:
Ehen?
Nigeria no dey pay debts o…last last we go beg for debt forgiveness grin
Go school, you refused. Always jumping on headlines and Bad news about the country. How does the debt concerns Nigeria. Go back and read. Nigeria didn't do.any business with them.rather an individual and they want NIMASA to assist them in recovering the money....Grow up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:46pm On Sep 29
See money
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by mrjoeblinks: 10:04pm On Sep 29
Krankhead:
Go school, you refused. Always jumping on headlines and Bad news about the country. How does the debt concerns Nigeria. Go back and read. Nigeria didn't do.any business with them.rather an individual and they want NIMASA to assist them in recovering the money....Grow up

E pain am😅
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Newsmills: 10:04pm On Sep 29
Schemers everywhere with ease of doing business
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by REALretep(m): 10:21pm On Sep 29
We are the cause of our problems.
This lawlessness we exhibit here and export to other countries will not do us any good.

1 Like

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by brodalikeme(m): 11:50pm On Sep 29
I fit help them. I know where to point them to and the money will be vomited if they are speaking the truth.
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by etrouble: 12:03am On Sep 30
ogugwa1992:

The firm which made these appeals through its legal constants VITALIS AHAOTU CHAMBERS in Lagos, said the failure of NIMASA to intervene in the case it will have a strained reciprocal relationship between Nigeria and Sierra Leone.

These people are MAD. Shey Nigeria need anything from una Mama ni?
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Thegamingorca(m): 12:28am On Sep 30
That money is otilo
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Thegamingorca(m): 12:31am On Sep 30
HAPPINESSWEALTH:
if you own any dept anywhere don't wait until they drag you to pay before you pay,

go and pay you dept.

we love you Princess FChukwu

Dept or debt?

1 Like

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Atheistan: 3:44am On Sep 30
Ok
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Atheistan: 3:47am On Sep 30
helinues:
Court wey una don Bastardize, dey play.
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by verifiablefacts: 6:40am On Sep 30
helinues:

Maybe it's due process.
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by verifiablefacts: 6:44am On Sep 30
mrjoeblinks:

E pain am😅

No mind dem,no be so dem take capture Nigeria plane somewhere,na Nigeria owe?
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by hobyner(m): 8:08am On Sep 30
Bizonal Success and its CEO, Yinusa Abioye Bola have scammed Prima Maritime. We too like scam for naija

1 Like

Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by mrjoeblinks: 8:23am On Sep 30
verifiablefacts:

No mind dem,no be so dem take capture Nigeria plane somewhere,na Nigeria owe?

You sef folo dey see am from the same angle jare and e clear like HD. No mind dem😅
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by travelzcruix: 8:31am On Sep 30
Not good for business. We hate keeping our part of the bargain. Dotty life.
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Qoko: 8:44am On Sep 30
It looks like Messr Bola of Bizonal Success Nigeria Limited has a fraudulent intent, he is not ready to pay that money. He is ready to stain Yoruba name.
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Litmus: 9:35am On Sep 30
This is why I say if it was Nigeria that owe the relevant West Africa nations electricity, and not them us, Nigeria would be in front of the Hague by now.
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Benmsu: 9:56am On Sep 30
You no see any asset to seize? Dey there dey look for who go help you recover your money now
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by Humabled(m): 10:32am On Sep 30
It looks like Messr Bola of Bizonal Success Nigeria Limited has a fraudulent intent, he is not ready to pay that money. He is ready to stain Yoruba name.
Re: S/Leonean Firm Seeks NIMASA's Intervention To Recover Debt From Nigerian Firm by roscoman: 10:46am On Sep 30
Although we have not heard from the Nigerian firm sides of the story. But then I think Nigerians should please always follow any contractual agreement with business partners once both parties has carried out there own part. Because all these shady deals or using tricks to defraud business partners of huge some of money will not takes Nigeria and Nigerians to any where but embarrassment to this great nation.

I remembered in 1999 when former President Olusegun Obasanjo took over power from military, his first major assignment was that he tried to travel to all over the world to redeemed Nigeria images and international communities beginning to do business with Nigerians.

I have same encountered with a guy from one of these West African countries, having discuss an exports business with him to Europe country everything has been finalized. But he just asked me where i mine from and I said Nigeria. He told me point blank that he doesn't want to have anything doing with Nigerians these is what he said to me " I just realized you are from Nigeria
I am sorry not interested to have anything linked to a Nigerian
They are Soo bad in business
Kindly find another supplier ".

Since he said that to me last Saturday he has not responded to my chats and mail again.

I know so many Nigerians would had same encountered with people simply because of greed and lack of business ethics.

Finally, my candid advise to the S/leonan company is to seek the help of FBI and Efcc, they would definitely recovered their money from the idiots that is disgracing Nigeria before smaller nations that were not up to size of Ekiti State the smallest state in southwest Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PAN, NSE Plan $700m Youth Empowerment Scheme / Airtel Nigeria To Buy ₦61 Billion Shares From Minority Shareholders / Nigeria To Establish A Development Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.