Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,218 members, 7,963,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:26 AM

Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message (6734 Views)

Peter Obi: Nigeria Needs Leaders With Genuine Identity, Verified Credentials / Peter Obi: Nigeria Owes A Debt That That Could Build 160 Kainji Dams / Peter Obi: Nigeria Now Ranks In The Same Place With Afghanistan,Yemen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by DamnnNiggarr: 10:35am On Oct 01
Anniversary celebrations, whether for an individual or a country, offer opportunities to reflect on memories, celebrate accomplishments, look toward the future, and express gratitude.

This is exactly what we are doing today as our dear nation marks its 64th independence anniversary.

It is now 64 years since Nigeria took charge of its destiny and embarked on the journey toward development as a sovereign nation.

Today is a day to appreciate God for abundantly blessing us with natural, human, and material resources to build a great nation.

However, for me, this should also be a day of sober reflection for every Nigerian, especially for us, the leaders, whose actions and inactions have contributed to the stagnation and glaring failures we are witnessing at present.

As the saying goes, an unexamined life is not worth living. We must, therefore, examine ourselves in the light of our nation's journey over the past six decades.

Have we lifted our people out of poverty, or have we driven more into it? Have we made education accessible to every Nigerian child, or have we allowed an army of over 18 million out-of-school children to roam the streets? Have we built a productive economy, or have we created a nation with the worst debt profile in its history?

By every measure of development, from the critical areas to the smallest aspects, we are underperforming. We rank poorly in security and peacefulness, making us one of the most insecure nations globally.

We are also ranked among the most corrupt countries, and we are noted for our disregard for the rule of law.

Our nation continues its dangerous dance on the edge of a precipice.

When we compare ourselves to countries that gained independence around the same time—before or after us—Nigeria stands out as a nation in decline, urgently in need of rescue from further decay.

On this day, therefore, we must make a solemn commitment to build a nation that is truly independent from the state capture that has dragged it into failure and kept its people in suffering.

We must create a nation free from tribal disunity and religious disharmony.

We must build a New and Productive Nigeria that prioritizes the well-being of its citizens.

That is the independence we should celebrate as a nation whose greatness remains POssible. -PO

Peter Obi

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by EreluRoz: 10:47am On Oct 01
Biggest distractor of modern Nigeria's politics

You see this Obi ehn, as long as he continues with this nonsense presidential ambition of his and his followers keep thinking with their anus then Tinubu will easily be reelected come 2027 with ease.

I said what I said with my full chest, you all can continue barking. Ina ruwa na

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by AmalaAtiEwedu: 10:47am On Oct 01
3rd class obi grin
this dullard wey no fit manage some of him businesses wan fix Nigeria grin

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by greenermodels: 10:50am On Oct 01
Odogwu nwoke.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Softmirror: 10:52am On Oct 01
This clown again.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Redoil: 11:07am On Oct 01
Softmirror:
This clown again.
my advice to the people ruling and milking us

At their Peak, they rule, chase other animals, catch, devour, gulp and leave their crumbs for hyenas. But age comes fast.

The old Lion can't hunt, can't kill or defend itself. It roams and roars until it runs out of luck. It will be cornered by the hyenas, nibbled at and eaten alive by them. They won't even let it die before it is dismembered.

Life is short. Power is ephemeral. Physical beauty is short-lived, I have seen it in lions. I have seen it in old people. Everyone who lives long enough will become weak and very vulnerable at some point.

Therefore, let us be humble. Help the sick, the weak, the vulnerable and most importantly never forget that we will leave the stage one day.

15 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by TinkTwice(m): 11:08am On Oct 01
grin

It's a duty call for every nation to mark and celebrate their independence day.

Mr. P. Obi, just like every well meaning Nigerian will always stand up and speak for what benefits the country..

Nigeria keeps getting worse

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Softmirror: 11:09am On Oct 01
Redoil:
my advice to the people ruling and milking us

At their Peak, they rule, chase other animals, catch, devour, gulp and leave their crumbs for hyenas. But age comes fast.

The old Lion can't hunt, can't kill or defend itself. It roams and roars until it runs out of luck. It will be cornered by the hyenas, nibbled at and eaten alive by them. They won't even let it die before it is dismembered.

Life is short. Power is ephemeral. Physical beauty is short-lived, I have seen it in lions. I have seen it in old people. Everyone who lives long enough will become weak and very vulnerable at some point.

Therefore, let us be humble. Help the sick, the weak, the vulnerable and most importantly never forget that we will leave the stage one day.

They are doing their best. Obi that is making noise made the people of Anambra poorer than he met them.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by GeneralPula: 11:11am On Oct 01
This Agulu fraud that destroyed Anambra until they realize he was a bad Omen..

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by GeneralPula: 11:13am On Oct 01
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

"Clown" that feeds better than your farther and your entire gineration put together,both the ones unborn, is that one a "Clown"?

That because he was a thief and a destiny destroyer..

Argue with Nlamdi Kanu..

https://www.nairaland.com/8193932/obi-stole-money-belong-anambra

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by DamnnNiggarr: 11:25am On Oct 01
GeneralPula:

That because he was a thief and a destiny destroyer..

Argue with Nlamdi Kanu..

https://www.nairaland.com/8193932/obi-stole-money-belong-anambra
Blood of God! So "Lamidi Cownu" is now a reliable News source?
Wow, I can't believe that you now believe "Lamidi Cownu" of all people, to the extent of making reference to his video accusing Peter Obi of syphoning funds belonging to Anambra people, but failed to heed to his calls for Biafra's liberation, instead, captured and locked him up, our Lord Jesus Christ is truly a miracle worker.
You guys are the real definition of the word *Clown*

When it suits you, "Lamidi Cownu" becomes a reliable News source, a force to reckon with.

But when it doesn't, he becomes a "Lamidi Cownu", a dunce and other manner of unprintable names you guys always call him.
Tueh

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by GeneralPula: 11:29am On Oct 01
DamnnNiggarr:

Blood of God! So Lamidi Cownu is now a reliable News source?
Wow, I can't believe that you now believe Lamidi Cownu of all people, to the extent of making reference to his video accusing Peter Obi of syphoning funds belonging to Anambra people, but failed to heed to his calls for Biafra's liberation, instead, captured and locked him up, our Lord Jesus Christ is truly a miracle worker.
You guys are the real definition of the word *Clown*
Is Lamidi Kanu telling lies?

A whole Biafra god? Don’t let Ipob see this o..

What’s my own with Biafra Liberation? Kanu never come to me that he needed my support to get Biafra..

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Tflex01: 11:31am On Oct 01
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by ZUKKYY(m): 11:31am On Oct 01
?
Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by AmalaAtiEwedu: 11:31am On Oct 01
Dullard grin
are u the head of state? grin
Bitter Grievingory hObi will never rule Nigeria grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by ClearFlair: 11:31am On Oct 01
I can read this one

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Christ4ever: 11:31am On Oct 01
EreluRoz:
Biggest distractor of Nigeria's politics

You see this Obi ehn, as long as he continues with this nonsense presidential ambition of his and his followers keep thinking with their anus then Tinubu will easily be reelected come 2027 with ease.

I said what I said with my full chest, you all can continue barking. Ina ruwa na
Today you are against Obi, tomorrow you are against Tinubu.

No ideology whatsoever. It appears you lot move anywhere the wind blows.

Stay one place and stop being a flip-flop.

21 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by oluwaahmed: 11:31am On Oct 01
This is how the 1st republic politicians were looting, rigging, bribing judiciary & committing all sorts of crimes until the great major nzeogwu wiped them off the planet and plunged the country into crisis. They refused to teach history because nigerians came out on the streets to rejoice when the corrupt civilian govt was toppled. But guess what? Those who refuse to learn from history will repeat same mistake again. Naija politicians should keep on misbehaving, they gona learn the hard way sooner rather than later

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by helinues: 11:32am On Oct 01
Toh
Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by bigdammyj: 11:32am On Oct 01
Noted.
Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by handsomeyinka(m): 11:32am On Oct 01
Peter Hoebi....

Our best Online President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Giftedhand47(m): 11:32am On Oct 01
Nigeria shall be great again amen

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Thrasher2024: 11:33am On Oct 01
EreluRoz:

you supposed to blame Peter obi for kidnapping your dads driver? Abi you don stop 🛑 to blame Tinubu Mugu

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Brendaniel: 11:33am On Oct 01
EreluRoz:

So out of over 20 candidates that contested including Kwankwaso who reduced votes for Atiku in the north, you selected only Peter Obi to blame...

While you were busy supporting these very same Tinubu against Peter Obi and even rejoiced for his victory, are you trying to say that you were so deceived not to have known Atiku you are now supporting was better than Tinubu?

Or are you also trying to say that you knew Atiku was better than Tinubu but the tribalism in you was more important than competence?

So if you could not decipher that Tinubu will be this bad in governance, how do you want Nigerians to believe you that Peter Obi is the cause of Tinubu's victory that you supported with your full chest? Your hate for Igbos has done so much damage to you

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by iykofias(m): 11:34am On Oct 01
FashionCookie:
Lol
It’s really a funny state at 64, close your eyes and imagine how we will be at 69

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Kelklein(m): 11:34am On Oct 01
The Presido used the occassion of the Democracy Day celebration to unveil a big Big portrait of himself..

He used the Independence day celebration to share top national Honors for his Friends in government.

The masses were told to give more time and wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..

The things our current crops of civilians dare, not even the Military had that kind of heartlessness.

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by FashionCookie(f): 11:34am On Oct 01
Lol

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Brendaniel: 11:34am On Oct 01
GeneralPula:

Is Lamidi Kanu telling lies?

A whole Biafra god? Don’t let Ipob see this o..

What’s my own with Biafra Liberation? Kanu never come to me that he needed my support to get Biafra..

So are you saying you are now a believer of Nnamdi KANU?

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Nigeria's 64th Independence Message by Digriz(m): 11:35am On Oct 01
The one we all voted for. Though I can see so many CORNfused fellows here.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live / Nigerians Flee To Cameroon To Escape Boko Haram Violence / Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.