Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,487 members, 7,964,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:31 AM

Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later (13799 Views)

TB Joshua: Megachurch Leader Raped And Tortured Worshippers, BBC Finds / Divine Shadow Church Benue Burnt Over Missing Manhoods / How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01pm On Oct 02
14-Year-Old Boy Tortured Over Missing N200,000 Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later

A 14-year-old boy, Aondoakaa Yarkwan, has recounted the severe torture he endured after being falsely accused of stealing over N200,000 in church donations at St. Joseph Parish, Korinya, Benue State.

Church officials and local quasi-security personnel beat him into unconsciousness before the main thief, who reportedly stole the bulk of the money, a 12-year-old altar boy, was later identified, WikkiTimes reports.

According to a source, the church held a thanksgiving service on September 8, 2024, where the congregation donated more than N200,000. Yarkwan, tasked with securing the funds, was blamed when the money went missing and was replaced by scraps of paper.

"I was interrogated and taken to the Parish Priest, Rev. Father Emmanuel Doki. When I explained what happened, he slapped me three times, demanding I confess," Yarkwan revealed.

According to a church official, Yarkwan admitted to taking N3,000 but denied involvement in the disappearance of the rest.

Yarkwan described how the church chairman, Mr. Tartsegha, Catechist Kumbur, and Deacon Agber flogged him with a ‘koboko’ (horsewhip) and handed him over to the Livestock Guards, a local security unit.

"They took me to a forest in Korinya called Golgotha, where they normally burn thieves alive," he said.

His grandmother rushed him to the hospital after he lost consciousness from the torture.

His mother, Benedicta Yarkwan, lamented, "My son is in so much pain... nobody from the church has apologized or offered to help with his medical bills."

Weeks after the incident, a 12-year-old altar boy confessed to stealing the remaining money. Only N10,000 was recovered, and despite the revelation, the church insisted Yarkwan's family pay N80,000.

Yarkwan’s mother condemned the decision, stating, "My son can barely breathe, and yet they blamed him for what the 12-year-old boy did."

The community has expressed outrage, demanding justice for Yarkwan, and many have called for an investigation into the abuse of vulnerable children.

When SaharaReporters contacted Benue State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Anene Sewuese, to find out if the police were aware and what was being done about it, she said, “Where did it happen? I'm not aware of this.”

https://wikkitimes.com/14-year-old-boy-allegedly-tortured-in-benue-over-missing-church-funds/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Zaheertyler(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02
Make I no sha talk wetin Dey my mind

5 Likes

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Sciencekid: 9:17pm On Oct 02
please guys please don't just scroll pass. please I beg you in the name of almighty GOD pls someone should please help me, my little sister and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on Thursday last week. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since on Sunday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for kid sis please am a primary school teacher and a house painter, our mom is late and my dad has retired. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. May GOD in heaven come to your aid as you have come to ours. amen
opay
70 42 32 80 59.
M.A

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by helinues: 9:21pm On Oct 02
Wickedness in church. So they couldn't pray to God instead of punishing the poor boy

Las las, religion na scam

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Kenneth4u205(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02
He is guilty. He stole 3000 and another guy stole the remaining money . So that makes both of them thieves

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:02pm On Oct 02
Dis is inhumane.....
The person dat torture him should be arrested..

7 Likes

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Gentlechika(m): 10:02pm On Oct 02
Kenneth4u205:
He is guilty. He stole 3000 and another guy stole the remaining money . So that makes both of them thieves
so, you're justifying that babbaric act?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by BigYash: 10:03pm On Oct 02
Kenneth4u205:
As a church ,is this how they ought to handle the issue? Jesus Christ came for people like him,and not for holy holy like you .

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Nazgul: 10:04pm On Oct 02
His family should just sue the church for false accusations, dehumanization, kidnapping and attempted murder. It's an easy case cos the lad is a minor.

Oh! I forgot...in Nigeria justice is for the highest bidder. So the church might win.

10 Likes

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by GorillaApp(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02
Na to sue the church

2 Likes

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:04pm On Oct 02
He stole part of the money, making him guilty

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Melagros(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02
COMRADES are speechless, case of mistaken identity, wicked people full everywhere
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by NoToPile: 10:05pm On Oct 02
What happened to reporting the incident to the police?

They mostlikely would have found the main culprit.

You don't take laws into your hands now.

12 years, 14 years stealing church money, peeps don't even fear God anymore, na wa.

2 Likes

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by imiski(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02
They can't practice what they preach, why not leave the case for god

1 Like

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by dahnimoh(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02
Scary.

Undiluted wickedness

1 Like

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Hayzead07(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02
Make I no sha talk
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by bcomputer101: 10:05pm On Oct 02
The money making religion industry was so annoyed that a smarter thief outsmart them. grin
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Mitsurugi(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02
angry
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by stunnert(m): 10:07pm On Oct 02
Church ooo
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Orderly55: 10:07pm On Oct 02
Please assist me to survive this moment, it's very critical and have lost all hopes. lots of challenges from one problem to another. Haven't get another job and to eat or even TP to follow up my appointments are hard, I'm really depressed. Assist me for God sake, God bless you more.

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Afrowits: 10:07pm On Oct 02
Kenneth4u205:

So they should torture him to this extent because he is guilty?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by noskcid(m): 10:08pm On Oct 02
The Rev father own nain worst pass

People wey dey sleep with church members wives and female children and all

I know what I am saying.

If e never happen to you, you no go know.
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by stagger: 10:09pm On Oct 02
But he partook of the loot.
So what is to say he does not know what happened to the rest?
How are we even sure he took N3k only?

People no dey fear God again. Anyway, he lucky he came back from Golgotha alive. The thieves beside Jesus did not have such an opportunity, even though one of them eventually made it to paradise after confession and repentance.

1 Like

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by olaniyilukman(m): 10:09pm On Oct 02
The useless Moniker with Righteousness is no where to be found to comment on this kind of issue, na useless post he dey comment on...

1 Like

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by stasius: 10:10pm On Oct 02
Church and abuse of minors

Sad

1 Like

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by gadgethead: 10:12pm On Oct 02
This poor boy stole 3K from the devil...not from a church. Tells you a lot about all these so called pastors...wicked and heartless

1 Like

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Glimpsetv: 10:14pm On Oct 02

1 Like

Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by BigBrother9ja: 10:16pm On Oct 02
grin
See how they treated a human being, A CHILD FOR THAT MATTER,
EVEN INSIDE CHURCH cry

EVIL XTAIN TERRORISTS

Verdict

PEOPLE WHO TORTURED HIM SHOULD BE TORTURED AS WELL.
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Catechizm: 10:18pm On Oct 02
I am dumbfounded dumbmissing
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by enemyofprogress: 10:18pm On Oct 02
I'm tired of religion in Nigeria

Please who has EFCC number, my neighbor just bought 2 bags of rice 1 bag of beans and refill his 12kg gas cylinde
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by atilla(m): 10:18pm On Oct 02
Why didnt they follow what the bible said . This is heartless.
Re: Boy Tortured Over Missing N200k Church Funds; Main Culprit Confesses Weeks Later by Fryx: 10:21pm On Oct 02
helinues:
Wickedness in church. So they couldn't pray to God instead of punishing the poor bor

Las las, religion na scam

I’m not even a pastor, but just by going into some deep thinking/meditation, I can pin-point what exactly went wrong - but, nowadays, na pastors dey call god.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Sign-Fireman "Heals" Enebeli Elebuwa / Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation / Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican

Viewing this topic: Hamzat7, fanwas(m), roqrules04(m), Lalami3232(m), NSK4U(m), eDoctorr(m), dawno2008(m), infocabal(m), Yustob, Otsam(m), Jacobx007, bemeruca, jydmak(m), GExcess, schegun(m), lindaayim(f), Marshall1077, seighapaul(m), Topher360, sunyaliu and 44 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.