Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,361 members, 7,967,951 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 01:29 PM

Is It Easier For Men Or Women To Stay Child Free Over The Course Of Their Lives? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Easier For Men Or Women To Stay Child Free Over The Course Of Their Lives? (125 Views)

Why Do People Hate Women Who Choose To Be Child Free? / Don't Marry Anyone In This Category Of Men Or Women. / Best Sex Positions That Can Make It Easier To Get Pregnant See Photos Also (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Easier For Men Or Women To Stay Child Free Over The Course Of Their Lives? by aisha1314(f): 4:45pm On Oct 03
Hi everyone.
I actually meant to post this on Reddit but was unable to because I just joined the forum so I decided to post here instead to see what people think.
I'm only 20 (turning 21 soon) but I've known since I was little that I don't want to have children. It's mainly for financial reasons, because I want to just keep all my money for saving and spending on myself only, not on children. I also find pregnancy, childbirth, and babies kind of repulsive. Overall, I just don't want the responsibility that comes with having children. I don't want to look after or be responsible for any living thing, I just want to keep my time, money (most important, I love money more than anything, it's the first love of my life), and space to myself. I see children as a waste of space, time, and money.
So anyway, I've been thinking about this a bit recently and I just decided to post on here to see what others think. The question is: Is it easier for men or women to stay child free over the entire course of their lives?
Personally I think it's easier for women to stay child free than men because they're more birth control options for women than men.
Firstly, because men basically (at least right now) have only two choices for birth control, condoms (which aren't really the best at preventing pregnancy if you find it hard to use them properly) and vasectomy sterilization. Woman have 12 different birth control options to choose which works best for them from.
Secondly, it's because if an unplanned pregnancy occurs, it's all the woman's choice whether the unplanned child comes into the world or not. She can choose not to have an abortion and to keep the baby and the child free man can't force an abortion on her. And, he'd still have to pay child support.
Thirdly, it's easier for women to baby trap men than for men to baby trap women. All a woman has to do is lie to the man that she's on birth control when she isn't. Or she could be on birth control, but deliberately not using it properly. And if she gets pregnant, she can choose to keep the child against his will and he's still financially responsible even though he didn't want the child and thought she was using birth control. Also even if a man manages to baby trap a woman (not really sure how it's possible though) she has the choice to just have an abortion. The man can't force her to keep the baby.
Basically I feel that women can force men into pregnancy, through baby trapping, lying about birth control use, deliberately not using their birth control properly, and refusing to abort an unplanned pregnancy. But men can't force women into parenthood. So I feel it's easier for women who decide they don't want children to remain child free than it is for child free men.
This is just my own reasoning and perspective. I'd like to know what others think about this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Easier For Men Or Women To Stay Child Free Over The Course Of Their Lives? by budaatum: 5:44pm On Oct 03
Its actually very easy for either sex not to have children. Just avoid having sex and you wouldn't be infected. But if you can't avoid sex, castration is always an option. Of more concern however is your short term love of your money and your view of children.

Children are like owning slaves. You may need to invest in them while they are young, but you reap the reward when they are older and can be sent out to work and bring back an income, some of which is yours. And that's apart from the growth they generate in you learning to breed them.

But don't let me derail your plans. Please make a note in your diary to update this thread when you are 30, and 40, and 50.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dsert5y6786543 / Residential And Commercial Fencing / Become A Graphics Designer Today By Simply Using Your Smart Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.