Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,374 members, 7,968,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 03:18 PM

Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members (22698 Views)

Zamfara Police Return Matawalle's Properties To Court / Police Return To APC Headquarters, Warring Leaderships Desert Secretariat / Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by Slurity(m): 10:00am On Oct 05
Police remain the biggest corrupt people in Nigeria. From head to bottom. Lagos state police is even worse. If I share my experience with Agege police station, you will know that criminals are what we are relying on as police.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by FEGNO: 10:01am On Oct 05
InfoGuru118:

https://news360ng.com/police-returns-n1-million-extorted-from-corpers-by-personnel/

This is a normal occurrence especially in the South Eastern states. Policemen pay bribes to get posted to Onitsha, Asaba, etc and the Police high command know this but as usual will keep putting out all these nonsense statements about fighting corruption.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by lumay2: 10:10am On Oct 05
Resurrection212:
Where the corps member see the money from including bitcoin.
Crypto trading is one of the ways a youth can earn money , when your uncles failed to create job opportunities and resign from power.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by nedekid: 10:11am On Oct 05
Resurrection212:
Omo, forget, some of those young folks have things going on for them which earns them money we might not know about. See, yesterday I strolled to my mother's place. She was out. I saw the steward on his phone looking busy, paper and pen in hand. I had to ask what he was doing as some voice from a video was playing on his phone while he scribbled. He said he was doing "upwork", something like speech writing or copying he explained, he said he had learnt that and the next one he will start is graphics or something like that. He said clients post jobs they do and get paid, though it is very competitive. A steward ohh, then imagine boys in uni and that are well enlightened.
Some may be into some kleg stuff, so too a lot of them are coddedly legitimately doing runs online.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by Seunpapa65: 10:28am On Oct 05
Resurrection212:
This una mentality sef so as una naira useless person no feel save for other currency
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by lionphil(m): 10:58am On Oct 05
Resurrection212:

Dem go Rob bank... Why don't you try it out, you can make it too.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by ukeleh: 11:03am On Oct 05
All of us should start going about with hidden cameras because that's what saved this situation.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by Omodua(m): 11:29am On Oct 05
MosakuAW:
Kudos to the Police force but this was only done to safe their image because the issue already generated social media attention.

Situation like this most come with big stick on the Police leadership as well. The DPO, Area commander and big guns in that Police division where this happen should be suspended without pay for months or relocate them to rural areas. I believe all this junior officers make returns to the high rank officers. Once security agencies are clean, corruption 'might' reduce in this country.
You made a point. These officers front for the DPO, Area Commander and top shots in the Police.

Therefore, they should also be sanctioned. The officers caught in the act are mere messengers in the deal. The real culprits are the officers that sent them.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:30am On Oct 05
GOOD START.WHOEVER DID THIS GOOD WORK IN POLICE BE IT IG OR ANYOTHER,GOD HAS REACHED YOU FOR MORE BLESSINGS.
THE POLICE SHOULD BE THE FIGHTER OF CORRUPTION NOT EFFC angry
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by Bahamas95(m): 1:34pm On Oct 05
Animals!

I hate Nigeria police officers more than the devil......95% of them are demons in human form.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by lilachiever(m): 2:04pm On Oct 05
Resurrection212:
You hadn't supposed to address your father like this.

You can no longer compose a comprehensible sentence?

Not surprising anyway, hatred can cause that too.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by abbey621(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05
sleeknaija:

Lies from the pit of hell. Even if you pay the lowest rank Officer #500k every month they will still extort civilian. Extortion is in their blood

Even tho even tho cho cho cho....Pay them first......That's like saying even if you pay average Nigerian 2 million per month dem go still find ways to run down the company grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by abbey621(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05
Globad:

Like how w much does an inspector get in a month?

Last I checked cadet inspector most of them made less than 100k per month.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by abbey621(m): 2:53pm On Oct 05
etrouble:

So you too are doing armed robbery because you are not well paid by your employer.

Poverty is one of the major factors of criminality as evidenced by so many psychologists and researchers......Until we tackle root cause of issues, we'll never get it right!
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by abbey621(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05
Ruggedniggaone:
even if they are being paid a million naira I can assure that it will not stop them from extorting peoples, its mostly cause by their greediness,once they see huge money in your account I swear they will be threatening to kill or rope you if you don't comply with their request most of them behave like an armed robbers

It's called reform, you don't tell people to do the right thing when they're starving. Let's stop with the hypothesis and focus on root cause solutions. It's the same way they refused to increase minimum wage to an amount that makes sense because there's this assumption that most of y'all are lazy anyways and don't deserve it........Police are humans just like you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by BurntDodo: 6:23pm On Oct 05
abbey621:

Start by paying them a living wage, minimum 200k per month for the lowest rank. Next, make sure the payment is on time, e go shock you how police would suddenly love and value their jobs.

If they pay Police 200k, I'll literally submit my CV to the nearest police station tomorrow, been looking for a job with livable wage for months after my NYSC in Jan 24'. In fact, it'll be only clean and smart looking young people that'll be in the force afterwards.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by Kamalex2: 7:23pm On Oct 05
abbey621:

Start by paying them a living wage, minimum 200k per month for the lowest rank. Next, make sure the payment is on time, e go shock you how police would suddenly love and value their jobs.
It's not by force for them to do the job if they know their salary is not enough for them to feed the family
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by abbey621(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05
Kamalex2:

It's not by force for them to do the job if they know their salary is not enough for them to feed the family

They'll do the job because even their ogas know their salary na peanuts hence the lack of quality......As long as they show up, they'll continue receiving their peanuts and making up the difference through citizens like yourself.....Dem might even put one or two for your leg if you do anyhow grin grin grin
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by Exceed15: 8:06pm On Oct 05
I don't associate with them a bit.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by godwon01(m): 9:15pm On Oct 05
Resurrection212:
Most of these corp members parents are very rich. Their wealthy parents are the source of their wealth.
Re: Police Return ₦‎1 Million Extorted From Lagos Corps Members by DJInfluence: 6:30am
I believe police officers knows the outcome when they are caught for extortion but yet they do it. The reward must be so big or they must be so desperate that they see the risk as worthy. Imagine these ones now, all their pensions and other non existing benefits are gone down the drain for 1m. Which is 250k for each of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles / Dapo Abiodun: I May End Up In Pulpit After 8 Years As Governor / Presidential Election: Only God Can Save Nigeria From Tinubu's Plan - Bwala

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.