Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,301 members, 7,940,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:15 PM

Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. (98900 Views)

Poll: I now believe Abacha may have been honest and Obasanjo / IBB deliberately discredited Abacha's name, because:

His economic performance was on of best in Nigeria's history: 9% (1 vote)
PDP cronies - Abubakar Bagunu & Buba Marwa seem to be the people to link Abacha to the looted funds in Swiss banks appear to have been bribed by Obasanjo Govt to accuse Abacha: 9% (1 vote)
No witnesses appear to to give evidence against Abacha when Swiss lawyers came to Nigeria to collect evidence: 0% (0 votes)
Abdulsalami Abubakar /IBB/Obasanjo instigating a blind probe od=f Abacha and "discovering" billions of dollars in foreign accounts within days of Abacha's death prove they were out to discredit Abacha: 0% (0 votes)
None of above - I believe Abacha was a major looter: 81% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Having read this thread, I believe that Abacha

May not have looted, his enemies bribed witnesses such as Abubakar Bagudu, claim that funds in foreign accounts belonged to Abacha: 9% (1 vote)
I believe Abacha was a big looter and I haveevidence other than the accusation that money "recovered" from Foreign banks belonged to him: 54% (6 votes)
I am not sure anymore: 36% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / How Abacha Was Poisoned - Another Version / How Abacha Was Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2011
I haven't bothered reading you long copy and paste all I would say is that all information accusing Abacha, of wealth and looting are relying on information supplied by Obasanjo, who was clearly out to discredit Abacha.

Have you compared Abacha's achievement to those of Obj in government and factor in the fact that he never took any IMF loan and  was only receiving revenu from oil prices as low as $9/barrel, yet he out performed Obj who was blessed with oil revenue at $150/barrel
You - defender of corruption - are more qualified for that task grin
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
^ Why not answer the questions posed:

1) What would prompt IBB and Obasanjo to blind probe Abacha? Who told them Abacha had foreign bank accounts. They had clearly set out to discredit Abacha, to justify dismantling his good work and resume massive looting.

2)Why would a PDP crony - Abubakar Bagunu, be the only person to link Abacha to the looted funds that they allegedly discovered. So all the $700million was owned by this crony went to court and said he is a 50% business partner with Mohamed Abacha and that they have approx $700m in Swiss accounts.

Then the press including International news media reports and say, that $700m belonging to Abacha's family and friends and business associates have been located and the accounts frozen.

Most just say that $700m belonging to Sani Abacha has been located.

3) Why would the same PDP crony not be mentioned in any Nigerian newspapers?

4) Is it a coincidence that whilst this Abubakar Bagunu, was trying to claim that Abacha's son owned the looted money, Abacha's son was unable to attend court and deny the charges, because Obasanjo had jailed him on trumped up charges of murdering Abiola's wife?

5)Why would the same Abubakar Bagunu, appear to have been rewarded for his co-operation by chairmanship of a company that won a $1billion goverment contract?

6) Why would the same Abubakar Bagunu, appear to have been rewarded for his co-operation by being selected as PDP Senator for Kebbi State?

7) Why have the Press never pursue Abubakar Bagunu, for answers about his looting and his association with government?
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by DrummaBoy(m): 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
Despite GenBuhari's penchant for long post and repetiveness, I must give it to him that he is a patient and consistent individual.

In spite of all the annoying puff puff pics earlier on, he has maintained his cool and continued on his argument. What ever we conclude on Abacha loot, I give it to GenBuhari for his patience and consistency.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by DRANOEL(m): 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2011
the truth is;
abacha looted real good just like obj,ibb and gej the only difference is abacha died in office and shortly after his adversary came on sit and created a monster out of him! let buhari become president and you all will see d monsters in obj,ibb and co.

abacha had a bad human rights record just like obj(even worst) the only difference is abacha's were prominent people running in tens while obj's were the poor and down trodden of zaki biam and odi running in thousands! let a non pdp strong leader come on sit and you will see the demon in obj

abacha got lots of houses for himself in abuja just like obj,gej,ibb and co. the only difference is while abacha's were gifts from mainly lebanese companies as gifts the others openly conered the houses (gej has technically bought a whole street at maitama near indian embassy)

lets be true to ourselves for once, abacha became a monster simply because he was probed! it will be very unfair if we now call him the badest when we are yet to know the truth behind the govts of ibb,obj with cronies like atiku,danjuma etc. afterall nobody has come out to say abacha bought govt companies for himself but we can't say the same of crew obj,atiku,ibb,gej etc!

the man had some good points like putting imf at bay,making nigeria a force on the regional level,increasing derivation to 13%(which non other has bothered touching again),ptf(atleast he had a better argument for subsidy removal) and to a large extent infrastruture! oops i forgot to add he actually gave out the first gsm liscense.

unfortunately history has recorded his name with his bad side
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by xremmy(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2011
pick one dude.

Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2011
even if abacha was as honest as honest labi in our brighter grammar text book back then, he wasn't a good person by any stretch.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Twy: 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2011
This particular viewpoint is something that has been coming out since 2000, that Abacha was demonized. However, I think even though they may have hearsay reports that there was systemic/planned demonization of Abacha but most of these reports actually quite note that he stole but he meant well for the country more than his successors. But truth be told and lets not to continue derailing out intellect. Abacha was simply an inept leader, from a general and personal point of view.
First military leadership at his worst/best(in Abacha's-military fascicm mindset) in Nigeria concentrate power in the center, this idea is quite controversial and does not mean your country will move forward, in my own opinion too much power at the center will derail development. All this IMF, Ecowas are all Aso rock talk, when genuine leaders like Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Okpara were ruling it was all about farmers, my people and genuine care for the average Nigerian did you hear ECOWAS even OAU was being pushed largely by Balewa(a basically okay leader). Please lets note that since the late 1980s, over 75% of cities and towns in this country has been ongoing a depression not recession but economic depression that is worse than the great depression in U.S. But like Segun, Yardua and Goodluck who learned from Abacha churning out good economic reports based on a controversial commodity means all is well. I will note that during the Abacha regime this depression escalated. Tell me, if you are from a small city or town what economic development is going, in my place, it is ogogoro and okada the youths engage in, after mild robbery, 419 on the side. Trying to paint Abacha's grap for power at the center as genuine concern for the average Nigerian is faulty and demeaning to most of us in places like Akure growing up when we had to endure lifeless economy, a governor not paying salaries on time and carrying wood to his sawmill in Kogi, fuel scarcity, I remember that time, like many of us, it was a gradual degeneration of the nation largely caused by the military, and this notion that some fascist leader with nationalist intention or lingo is good is quite a poor record to preserve for a nation. And I will boldly say give me good economy than some nationalist talk based on fascism.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
I repeat , the only source of information that everyone has that Abacha looted was from Obasanjo, who we can see is clearly a liar and a dishonest corrupt looter of the highest order.

Think about it.

If Obasanjo had not maliciously accused Abacha of looting would anybody even suspect him of being a looter?

Ask yourselves what independent confirmation (other news stories, which are simply reporting what Obj told them is the case) have anybody ever seen that confirms that Abacha is a looter.

How many people has ever heard the point of view of Abacha's family?

If somebody can come here and say I have seen Mohamed Abacha frequenting his private jet, or I have seen their palatial home in Abuja, or the families fleet of brand new lexus motors, then it would be a good point to start concluding that Abacha was a looter.

But all people are going by, is the news reports that have been engineered by Obasanjo and Babangida to discredit and label Abacha as a looter.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Sike(m): 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2011
All Na Wash jor!
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by makonko(m): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
You guyz still don't realize it, Its a pity. Abatcha has done well for Nigerians. We need people like him.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by onyengbu: 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2011
GenBuhari:

I repeat , the only source of information that everyone has that Abacha looted was from Obasanjo, who we can see is clearly a liar and a dishonest corrupt looter of the highest order.

Think about it.

If Obasanjo had not maliciously accused Abacha of looting would anybody even suspect him of being a looter?

Ask yourselves what independent confirmation (other news stories, which are simply reporting what Obj told them is the case) have anybody ever seen that confirms that Abacha is a looter.

How many people has ever heard the point of view of Abacha's family?

If somebody can come here and say I have seen Mohamed Abacha frequenting his private jet, or I have seen their palatial home in Abuja, or the families fleet of brand new lexus motors, then it would be a good point to start concluding that Abacha was a looter.

But all people are going by, is the news reports that have been engineered by Obasanjo and Babangida to discredit and label Abacha as a looter.

Did OBJ write the report on this link?
http://www.assetrecovery.org/kc/resources/org.apache.wicket.Application/repo?nid=78488349-a33e-11dc-bf1b-335d0754ba85

Arguing with you is like arguing with becomrich, you will always repeat yourself no matter what.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2011
@onye_ngbu*
Where do you think the author of the report got the information about Abacha's alleged looting? from God?

Of course it is from information supplied by Obasanjo, how else would he have got the information?

onye_ngbu*:

Did OBJ write the report on this link?
http://www.assetrecovery.org/kc/resources/org.apache.wicket.Application/repo?nid=78488349-a33e-11dc-bf1b-335d0754ba85

Arguing with you is like arguing with becomrich, you will always repeat yourself no matter what.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by ocelot2006(m): 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2011

grin grin
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
makonko:

You guyz still don't realize it,  Its a pity. Abatcha has done well for Nigerians. We need people like him.

I got the phone number to one of Kudi Abiola's children, you want me to furnish it to you so you can repeat this rubbish you wrote above? We need people like Abacha so what can happen? Give out our oil wells to his cronies so they can make $500million profits and "Not know what to do with it" because the money plenty yanfu yanfu, too much for even 400 lifetimes? So we can experience more extrajudicial killings of our most progressive minds? So we can be hated by the world? So the suffering of Nigerians can multiply again?

Ol boy, abeg park well make you no go jam stationary malu way just jejely siddon for corner dey chop grass for side of road.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2011
DrummaBoy:

Despite GenBuhari's penchant for long post and repetiveness, I must give it to him that he is a patient and consistent individual.
In spite of all the annoying puff puff pics earlier on, he has maintained his cool and continued on his argument. What ever we conclude on Abacha loot, I give it to GenBuhari for his patience and consistency.

What patience and consistency are you talking about?
More like obstinacy of the worst kind, you mean.
Oh, he wakes up in December 2011 to discover Abubakar Bagudu not only aligned himself with the PDP but also won a senatorial seat on that platform? This is what boggles the mind?
What is the big hullabaloo when it is on record Bashir Mohammed Dalhatu of the $2.5 billion (Abacha) buy-back scheme once set up shop with the ANC, before that relationship turned sour?

Wait a second; you are simply griping because, unlike Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo and other Abacha henchmen who put a stake in the ground around the CPC, Bagudu defaulted to the other camp (PDP)?

I'd say it is plausible that you waging some kind of proxy war as a result of a fall-out amongst thieves who lack honour grin  grin  grin
How do we know this fixation with Bagudu, in particular, is not borne of some scorned demand for political funding from the proceeds of crime?
After all the CPC is evidently faltering, if recent press reports are to be believed? grin

Pray tell, if Mohammed Abacha had been allowed to contest the governorship in Kano on the PDP platform and won; would you be here on NL maligning Bagudu’s already tarnished reputation? I think not! cool

Yeah, I can deliberate on the difference between six and half a dozen too. grin
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 15, 2011
@eGuerrilla,
You are being mischievious now, why not provide us with a link details of the bolded below and Abacha's alleged role in it?
eGuerrilla:

What is the big hullabaloo when it is on record [b]Bashir Mohammed Dalhatu of the $2.5 billion (Abacha) buy-back scheme once set up shop with the ANC, before that relationship turned sour? [/b]

Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 15, 2011
[size=20pt]Here is another reason to question whether Abacha ever looted:[/size]

Abacha Loot Trial - Swiss Bid to Take Evidence Aborted
Emeka Mamah Kaduna
16 March 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lagos — THE Swiss judicial officers who arrived Nigeria last week to take evidence from witnesses in respect of money stolen by the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, left for their country weekend without taking evidence from those listed to appear before them.

The officers sat at the office of the legal officer to the National Security Adviser (NSA) on Wednesday and Thursday in Abuja but none of the witnesses appeared.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200803170701.html

If there was any real evidence Abacha looted why did no witnesses appear to nail Abacha once and for all?
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 15, 2011
General,
This is probably a futile exercise since you have refused to entertain reports from other sources hitherto.

Contrary to Ani’s claims, Bashir Dalhatu, former minister of power and steel also in the Abacha regime, said in an affidavit that while they were in government, he received a letter dated June 5, 1995 from Ani informing him that he had been given permission by Abacha to seal a deal with Mecosta Securities to purchase the Russian debt and obtain a release letter from the Russians against any claims in the future.

Newswatch investigations showed that negotiations for the sale of the debt owed by the Nigerian government to the All-Union Foreign Economic Association, Tiajproexport, TPE, began sometime in April 1996. Newswatch found that Ani wrote a letter dated May 5, 1996 addressed to Dalhatu conveying Abacha’s approval for the purchase of the Russian debt, and that the transactions should be concluded within 18 months.

Newswatch learnt that Parnar was paid the full value of the Russian debt, about $3.1 billion a few weeks after it paid $500 million to PTE, the Russian company. The difference between the original Russian debt of $3.1 billion and what Parnar paid the Russian company, $500 million was said to have been shared among Ani, Dalhatu and the Abacha family.

Though in all the correspondences on the debt buy-back, no member of the Abacha family was mentioned Mohammed was widely acclaimed as the man behind the deal. It was said that he made $90 million from it and gave Ani and Dalhatu five million dollars each as gifts.

Source: http://www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/prime/backissues/2000/saga.htm
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by agabaI23(m): 7:53am On Dec 15, 2011
olyivy:

This GenGuhari guy is obviously the igbo version of Musiwa. grin

Damn!!!

All this brouhaha all in a futile attempt to clear Buhari of wrong doing when he 'cleared' abacha of all wrong doings!

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How did you see through this? And to think that some nominated him for best poster of year is more laughable
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 15, 2011
@eGuerrilla,

Dont you realise that every information printed by the press was given to them by Obasanjo / or IBB (via his stooge Adulsalami Abubakar) ?

Secondly dont you realise that Nigerian news papers you quoted are either own by IBB, Obj or one of their corrupt associates ?
eGuerrilla:

General,
This is probably a futile exercise since you have refused to entertain reports from other sources hitherto.

Source: http://www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/prime/backissues/2000/saga.htm
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2011
[size=18pt]We are now in the 5th page of this thread yet non of the detractors have been able to offer answers to the very important questions, that need to be answered if we are to accept that Abacha truely was a looter:

[b]1) What would prompt IBB and Obasanjo to blind probe Abacha? Who told them Abacha had foreign bank accounts. They had clearly set out to discredit Abacha, to justify dismantling his good work and resume massive looting.

2)Why would a PDP crony - Abubakar Bagunu, be the only person to link Abacha to the looted funds that they allegedly discovered. So all the $700million was owned by this  crony who went to court in UK and claimed he is a 50% business partner with Mohamed Abacha and that they jointly have approx $700m in Swiss accounts.

Then the press including International news media,  reported that $700m belonging to Abacha's family and friends and business associates have been located in foreign accounts. Most just say that $700m belonging to Sani Abacha has been located.

3) Why would the same PDP crony not be mentioned in any Nigerian newspapers?

4) Is it a coincidence that whilst this Abubakar Bagunu, was trying to claim that  Abacha's son owned the looted money, Abacha's son was unable to attend court and deny the charges, because Obasanjo had jailed him on trumped up charges of murdering  Abiola's wife?

5)Why would the same   Abubakar Bagunu, appear to have been rewarded for his co-operation by chairmanship of a company that won a $1billion goverment contract?

6) Why would the same   Abubakar Bagunu, appear to have been rewarded for his co-operation by being selected as PDP Senator for Kebbi State?

7) Why have the Press never pursue Abubakar Bagunu, for answers about his  looting and his association with government?

8 ) Why did no witnesses appear to to give evidence against Abacha when Swiss lawyers came to Nigeria to collect evidence??[/b]

If you do not have answers to all these questions, then you have no basis for accusing Abacha of looting.[/size]
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2011
GenBecomerich cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

oga map, theres a new spammer in town cheesy cheesy
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 15, 2011
No answers to the questions?
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 15, 2011
White surrender flag, general.
[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiQBW55k85Ag09THNLSnxyAD7MCdmh9Eai8GWvR2tTbrtt9FDlbw[/img]
I now have it on good authority that Abacha never stole a dime.
[img]http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/68697/68697,1207490365,4/stock-photo-see-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil-11196919.jpg[/img]
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 15, 2011
Love the photo grin
eGuerrilla:

[img]http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/68697/68697,1207490365,4/stock-photo-see-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil-11196919.jpg[/img]
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2011
eGuerrilla:

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiQBW55k85Ag09THNLSnxyAD7MCdmh9Eai8GWvR2tTbrtt9FDlbw[/img]

not only that, Abacha was the best leader nigeria ever had.

Nadeco, kudirat ad all who opposed him were enemies of progress

diya and co were malicious coup plotters

Daniel Kanu was a patriot

like the ad said, abacha is agreat leader in the calibre of jfk and degaulle.

no wonder the five parties adopted him as their flag bearer

viva the peoples general

[size=4pt]for the dunce gej brigade the above is sarcasm [/size]
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Sagamite(m): 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2011
agabaI23:

How did you see through this? And to think that some nominated him for best poster of year is more laughable

It shows that the whole process of public vote for the Politics sections is a stewpid joke. I am yet to see a worthy winner of it.

As per the OP, this is just proof I never insult people on NL. When I call people cretins, they are just that: CRETINS!

I have been calling him a cretin for months now.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by agabaI23(m): 9:41pm On Dec 16, 2011
Sagamite:

It shows that the whole process of public vote for the Politics sections is a stewpid joke. I am yet to see a worthy winner of it.

As per the OP, this is just proof I never insult people on NL. When I call people cretins, they are just that: CRETINS!

I have been calling him a cretin for months now.
grin grin grin
Sagacity you crack me up with your cretin-ization of characters lol
I gave up on him when he based his argument that Buhari was rigged out on nairaland pool.
That our thread don die abi?
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Sagamite(m): 10:18pm On Dec 16, 2011
agabaI23:

grin grin grin
Sagacity you crack me up with your cretin-ization of characters lol
I gave up on him when he based his argument that Buhari was rigged out on nairaland pool.
That our thread don die abi?

Abi o! His entire argument in any debate is a tsunami of cretinous conjectures pulled out of the labyrinth in his anatomy that hosts his brain: his bloody arse!

If you perform an enema on him, I can guarantee he would lose 99% of his body mass.

A fcking stewpid, cretinous fool he is.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Olaone1: 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2011
This Genera Buhari ti ya were.

A very mad man, I must say.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 17, 2011
Remember these news story?:

[size=18pt]26 September, 2002, BBC News
Deal on Abacha's millions 'collapses'[/size]

Reports from Switzerland say a deal on the return to Nigeria of millions of dollars deposited in Swiss banks by the late Nigerian military ruler, General Sani Abacha, has collapsed.

Swiss Justice Ministry officials are quoted as saying the deal has fallen through because General Abacha's son, Mohammed, has not signed vital legal papers releasing the money.
The extraordinary out-of-court agreement between Nigeria and General Abacha's bereaved family was reached in May.

It was agreed the general's family could keep $100 million provided that his son signed an agreement enabling foreign banks in Switzerland and elsewhere to return to Nigeria a further $1 billion of allegedly looted money.

Embarrassment

The deal was apparently linked to the release from prison this week of Mohammed Abacha, ending his three-year period behind bars on charges of embezzlement.

Suspicions that the deal might be going awry arose on Wednesday when jubilant Mohammed was quoted as saying that - despite his release - he had made no commitment to sign anything.

Now the increasingly embarrassed Swiss authorities have acknowledged that they have received no signed papers, and therefore are in no position to hand over any of the Abacha family fortune to Nigeria.

Throughout this long affair, Nigerian President Obasanjo has faced a no-win situation.

He was condemned by one side for negotiating any deal with the Abachas.

At the same time, Mr Abacha's supporters slammed the president for detaining the general's son for so long on what they say are spurious charges

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2282366.stm
[size=18pt]It now all makes sense.

Obasanjo had to release Mohammed Abacha because of pressure from powerful traditional leaders and Emirs in Kano, who had been lobbied by Abacha's widow Miryam Abacha.

It has now clear to me that there was no deal with Abacha family, because they had no loot in foreign accounts.

Obasanjo knew that after he released Mohamed, he had to also drop  the fake legal cases in foreign  countries as he does want Mohammed Abacha, to get a chance to expose their lies in open court.

Which is why Obasanjo never   resumed  the  prosecution after he claimed  Mohammed  Abacha had reneged  on the deal
[/size]
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 17, 2011
it is a shame that Obasanjo and Babangida disrespected the Nigerian public , so much to have been so deceitful from day from the moment they assissinated General Abacha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police / Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Vacation In London (Photos) / Obama Is A Gay:obama Admits His Wife Is A Transexual Man Named “michael”(lavaugh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.