Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,787 members, 7,921,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:55 PM

China Is Putting Our Women To Death - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Is Putting Our Women To Death (1217 Views)

China Is World's Fifth Arms Exporter / China Is Better For Africa Than The West / Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Is Putting Our Women To Death by panafrican(m): 2:33am On Dec 13, 2011
"F" the Chinese law. They should send this woman back home so that she can be judged by the law in  her homeland.
To just put african women to death like  that is wicked , its amounts to a declaration of war against africans.
You do not execute our women and get away with it.

BBC.CO.UK
December 2011 Last updated at 06:06 ET Share this pageEmail Print Share this page

China has executed a South African woman for drug smuggling, rejecting an appeal by President Jacob Zuma to spare her life, an official says.

Janice Bronwyn Linden, 38, was executed more than three years after her arrest.
Human rights groups have repeatedly condemned China for imposing the death penalty, saying its legal system did not guarantee a fair trial.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-16137327
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by kelz88(f): 2:37am On Dec 13, 2011
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Has nothing to do with her race.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by isalegan2: 3:23am On Dec 13, 2011
Everyone, and their gateman, knows China executes for drug smuggling.

She cannot be tried in her country because she was caught on their end, meaning, the crime was committed on their soil.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by panafrican(m): 5:57am On Dec 13, 2011
angry
The chinese must turn her body over to her family for burial.As retaliation zuma should establish diplomatic relations with Taiwan and welcome Tibet's spiritual  leader (The Dalai Lama) to South Africa.This should be the first step.
2nd step. Check all african jail cells,if  a chinese is found there, he should also be harshly punished.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by justwise(m): 10:09am On Dec 13, 2011
Misleading thread title.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by paniki(m): 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2011
panafrican:

angry
The chinese must turn her body over to her family for burial.As retaliation zuma should establish diplomatic relations with Taiwan and welcome Tibet's spiritual  leader (The Dalai Lama) to South Africa.This should be the first step.
2nd step. Check all african jail cells,if  a chinese is found there, he should also be harshly punished.

That will never happen. The Chinese now own South Africa.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by salassie(f): 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2011
panafrican:
The chinese must turn her body over to her family for burial.

She was cremated yesterday and her ashes handed over to the SA embassy.

panafrican:
As retaliation zuma should establish diplomatic relations with Taiwan and welcome Tibet's spiritual leader (The Dalai Lama) to South Africa.This should be the first step.

The old SA government had close ties with Taiwan instead of China. This changed when we became a democracy. It will stay that way, I’m sure. There's a saying that few are deaf when money talks.

I was watching the news on etv last night and they had an SA woman on who managed to get her brother’s death sentence commuted to life a few years ago. She said that the Chinese assured her at the time that no South Africans would ever be executed in China. The Chinese are now showing us that they are going to be calling the shots. We were humiliated internationally after the Dalai Lama episode. One would have thought that the Chinese would have commuted Janice’s sentence on President Zuma’s request as a gesture of goodwill. Instead they ignored his requests.

BTW, two more rhinos were pouched today. Fortunately, both are holding on for their lives. The female is pregnant. We know the Chinese are the kingpins behind it. We also know that China's been very lax in tackling the matter.

This is not about race. It’s about establishing authority. China is testing us and we are losing. You can be sure that they consider us to be weak and easy to control. We are making our bed.

panafrican:
2nd step. Check all african jail cells,if a chinese is found there, he should also be harshly punished.

I believe we have one poucher here awaiting trail. Will be interesting to see how that goes.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by isalegan2: 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2011
sa_lassie:

She was cremated yesterday and her ashes handed over to the SA embassy.

The old SA government had close ties with Taiwan instead of China.  This changed when we became a democracy.  It will stay that way, I’m sure.  There's a saying that few are deaf when money talks. 

I was watching the news on etv last night and they had an SA woman on who managed to get her brother’s death sentence commuted to life a few years ago.  She said that the Chinese assured her at the time that no South Africans would ever be executed in China.   

Do you really believe that the Chinese authority would make a binding promise to a foreign national that they would apply their laws differently for her countrymen?

The Chinese are now showing us that they are going to be calling the shots.  We were humiliated internationally after the Dalai Lama episode.  One would have thought that the Chinese would have commuted Janice’s sentence on President Zuma’s request as a gesture of goodwill.  Instead they ignored his requests. 

BTW, two more rhinos were pouched today.  Fortunately, both are holding on for their lives.  The female is pregnant.  We know the Chinese are the kingpins behind it.  We also know that China's been very lax in tackling the matter. 

This is not about race.  It’s about establishing authority.  China is testing us and we are losing.  You can be sure that they consider us to be weak and easy to control.  We are making our bed.

I believe we have one poucher here awaiting trail.  Will be interesting to see how that goes. 

Is your contention that China should do away with capital punishment for drug smugglers, or are you just arguing that we as a race of people cannot follow the strict laws of the country we're visiting, therefore, the laws should not apply to us?

If you want to switch the argument to other China-related issues, fine. But, with the topic of the OP, what are you proposing.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by ONANKU: 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2011
I don't agree with the poster.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by salassie(f): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2011
isale_gan2:
Do you really believe that the Chinese authority would make a binding promise to a foreign national that they would apply their laws differently for her countrymen?

They made a promised then negated it.

isale_gan2:
If you want to switch the argument to other China-related issues, fine. But, with the topic of the OP, what are you proposing.

I didn't switch the argument. The OP did here:

panafrican:
The chinese must turn her body over to her family for burial.As retaliation zuma should establish diplomatic relations with Taiwan and welcome Tibet's spiritual leader (The Dalai Lama) to South Africa.This should be the first step.
2nd step. Check all african jail cells,if a chinese is found there, he should also be harshly punished.

My post was in reply to the above. I believe panafrican was looking at the bigger picture of what we believe is going on here.

And yes, I believe it is disgusting to kill someone over 3kgs of meth. She was told that they would commute her sentence to life in prison if she admitted guilt, but she refused. There is someone still walking around free that either framed her or took advantage of her economic situation to temp her into being a mule. It's always the little guy that gets punished while the ringleaders get away with it.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by isalegan2: 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2011
sa_lassie:

They made a promised then negated it.

I didn't switch the argument. The OP did here:

My post was in reply to the above. I believe panafrican was looking at the bigger picture of what we believe is going on here.

And yes, I believe it is disgusting to kill someone over 3kgs of meth. She was told that they would commute her sentence to life in prison if she admitted guilt, but she refused. There is someone still walking around free that either framed her or took advantage of her economic situation to temp her into being a mule. It's always the little guy that gets punished while the ringleaders get away with it.

Interesting, yet unfocused and non-convincing argument. No offense, but you sound youngish - 19-22 probably.

If you were to ever in your life be "manipulated" to commit a crime due to a temporary misfortune, I hope you think up a better defense than what you stated above. Life does not work that way.

Some relative of a criminal does not dictate the rules of crimes and punishment to anyone, least of all a foreign country where her relation sought to undermine the laws. "They promised her." Who the hell promised her? The legislators? The head of state? The commissioner of Police? lol.

Every day for the thief, one day for the owner. Some societies actually makes rules so that they will be followed, not to see how much it can be broken.

People, tell your kin and your countrymen, there are countries that mean business. Do not bargain with your life just for a quick buck.

And so it goes. I wish the woman had plea-bargained the life sentence, but maybe she'd rather not be locked up behind bars till the end of her life.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by Rhodesia: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2011
Negresses should stay on the dark continent.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by paniki(m): 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2011
Lets not crucify the Chinese, they are just following their own laws. The good thing to note is that they did offer her a life sentence if she admitted guilt after the SA government made attempts to intervene but she refused to take the deal and now shes dead.

I remember many years ago a South African citizen was sentence to death in Botswana, our government tried to intervene and used all sorts of tricks but the Botswana government just gave SA the middle finger and hanged the guy. That's what all countries should do - follow your own laws and give the middle finger to those who criticize you
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by panafrican(m): 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2011
Rhodesia:

Negresses should stay on the dark continent.
   RHODESIA ?!!!!    yeah ! because criminal Cecil Rhodes stayed in England. I will travel to zimbabwe on purpose to spit on  the grave of this  scumbag.God Bless Robert Mugabe and down with Ian smith cronies.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by salassie(f): 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2011
isale_gan2:
Interesting, yet unfocused and non-convincing argument. No offense, but you sound youngish - 19-22 probably.

I don't support capital punishment under any circumstances in any country. If you had read my response to this execution in the original thread about it, then you would know how I feel about drugs. Just because you have a different opinion does not entitle you to throw around insults. And no, I haven't been 19 - 22 in a long time. Like I said, I am entitled to my belief that it is wrong to execute people or do you honestly think everyone should share your exact opinion on the matter? Sounding kind of childish yourself there, don't you think? wink

isale_gan2:
And so it goes. I wish the woman had plea-bargained the life sentence, but maybe she'd rather not be locked up behind bars till the end of her life.

or perhaps she couldn't bring herself to admit guilt to something she didn't do. She wouldn't be the first.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by salassie(f): 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2011
paniki:
Lets not crucify the Chinese, they are just following their own laws. The good thing to note is that they did offer her a life sentence if she admitted guilt after the SA government made attempts to intervene but she refused to take the deal and now shes dead.

But would you be able to admit guilt to something you didn't do? I doubt I would be able to do that.

paniki:
I remember many years ago a South African citizen was sentence to death in Botswana, our government tried to intervene and used all sorts of tricks but the Botswana government just gave SA the middle finger and hanged the guy.

I remember a very dodgy case in Botswana a few years ago involving an SA woman that was accused of killing someone there. Some kind of a love triangle thing. They didn't even tell her family they were going to hang her. The children showed up at the prison one day and they were casually informed that their mother had been executed.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by salassie(f): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2011
panafrican:
God Bless Robert Mugabe and down with Ian smith cronies.

There are millions of Zimbabwean refugees in SA. I have yet to hear one sing his praises. They HATE the man. So while you and others are saying "God Bless Robert Mugabe", Zimbabweans are overwhelmingly praying for this man's demise. His family regularly go on wild shopping sprees in SA. His daughter in Hong Kong lives in the most affluent suburb there and enjoys a lavish lifestyle. The Mugabes don't care about the people of Zimbabwe.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by Rhodesia: 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2011
Ian smith was a cool guy, look what happens when you let Africans run a civilized country,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_x9jRYU1JU

Soon South Africa will degenerate into a a similar state of chaos Zimabwe is in. Imagine all the white people would leave SA tommrow, the country would turn into Zimbabwe like slum.
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by paniki(m): 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2011
^^^^ lol
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by salassie(f): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^Yeah, better to just laugh. You’ll be hearing it for the rest of your life just as I’ll be hearing certain things for the rest of mine. Eye on the ball, right? wink
Re: China Is Putting Our Women To Death by panafrican(m): 1:59am On Dec 16, 2011
Rhodesia:

Ian smith was a cool guy, look what happens when you let Africans run a civilized country,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_x9jRYU1JU

Soon South Africa will degenerate into a a similar state of chaos Zimabwe is in. Imagine all the white people would leave SA tommrow, the country would turn into Zimbabwe like slum.
Typical way of thinking for  KKK   people that can be seen all over the streets in the United states and Europe.
Had Hitler only attacked africans  he would also be a cool guy.

Ian Smith was a loser. Cecil Rhodes remains deserve to be  scattered or given to dogs.

(1) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Too Sweet Nigerians And Chinese Dont Want To Leave!!!! / MTN Xtratime Offer Rakes In 321.2bn Naira For MTN Annually, Congests Network / BREAKING: Two Opposition Protesters Shot Dead In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.