Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,568 members, 7,978,884 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:17 PM

Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes (29945 Views)

Why Are Married Men Quiet And Condone Rubbish In Their Homes? / 5 Nigerian Women Share Why They Regret Getting Married / Disgrace! Husband & Wife Fight In Public, Exchange Blows. Wife Wins? (Pix Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by NoToPile: 10:04am On Oct 14
Interesting thread.

Just understand that majority of Nigerian men want a woman who contributes financially and does all the child raising and home chores alone. That's their definition of a good wife.

Some faworajas have even raised the bar higher for the woman to contribute all financially and still do all domestically grin

The koko is women should shine their eyes, some will still fall into the trap of some of these categories sha.

If the so called 50-50 can't go both ways it's a scam.

Kuku do 100-100 of the gender roles let everybody rest. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by iamtoofan: 10:13am On Oct 14
cococandy:

Is your reality that women don’t contribute financially to their marriages?

Yes or no?

I know the answer but it’s good to watch you lie in 4K

if my reality does not allign with your goal you go gree cheesy

Like i said, i cant say women don't contribute in marriages even 5% naa contribution.
A woman can use her money to branch market n buy grocery come house but when it comes to the big bills ...i am saying wives most times borrow men money dey drop.

Maybe my fellow men should say its a Lie

2 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by cococandy(f): 10:46am On Oct 14
You never make sense. Always off topic and even when you try to communicate it through a different account one can easily see that it’s you.

Take care. Bye
iamtoofan:

if my reality does not allign with your goal you go gree cheesy

Like i said, i cant say women don't contribute in marriages even 5% naa contribution.
A woman can use her money to branch market n buy grocery come house but when it comes to the big bills ...i am saying wives most times borrow men money dey drop.

Maybe my fellow men should say its a Lie

4 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by iamtoofan: 11:04am On Oct 14
cococandy:
You never make sense. Always off topic and even when you try to communicate it through a different account one can easily see that it’s you.

Take care. Bye

You are always right, always on topic bah, and never wrong cheesy red flag

Emotion and logic are two parallels that shouldnt meet, you sounded defeated tho undecided pele

why say Bye .. when in real sense you don't leave undecided

7 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by queenfav(f): 1:59pm On Oct 14
pocohantas:
Majority of the issues here revolves around money. Thankfully I didn't see many cases of physical or emotional abuse.

If the man is walking through coal to provide for a family on a single income, he is just as frustrated. So they are definitely surviving on a tight budget in 2024. I will suggest the women talk to their husbands to at least help with dressing the kids in the morning.

Or, they can get a job and outsource some tasks.

When we emphasize on the importance of a woman having an income before or in marriage, they say it is feminism and we are deceiving young girls. But money would save you a lot of bad days and help you ignore things that would have ordinarily caused issues in your marriage.

=============

Except you are married to the minute percentage of Nigerian men that can shoulder all the bills and still provide you appliances and a help. This would most likely be your reality.

Finally, 2 kids is okay for 99.9% of Nigerian families. The remaining 0.1 are politicians, executives, trustfund babies, oil workers and people earning a solid 7digit income.

Let's stop repeating a cycle of parents who spend all their youth training kids until they forget the main reason they got married - COMPANIONSHIP. It is not the flex y'all think it is.

Thank you!
How do i frame this? People forget having kids is a huge responsibility financially, emotionally and otherwise.It eludes me why People who are clearly financially struggling have so many kids.

Like, you haven't even fed well and you have 4 kids in this economy.Even an oil worker will struggle a bit with the kind of inflation we are dealing with in Nigeria.Have you seen the prices of basic household items, school fees even ordinary food?
I don't even know how low income earners are surviving.

I always advice women to secure the bag.This world isn't fair to women,you have to protect yourself.If you are not making your own money no matter how small you have no business having kids.It's too risky to rely on your husband for money.What if he dies?How will you feed those kids?Bringing a child to endure hunger and hardship isn't the best at all.

More women should learn how to be very strategic about their life's choices because when the suffering will start,na only you go see the shege.

7 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by Acidosis(m): 4:04pm On Oct 14
temi4fash:

This your wisdom eh.. May God continue give you more

Being following your post for awhile..

Hope you are holding up pretty well, the Lord would continue to strengthen you.

Thank you, my brother.

I'm doing my best here. Thank you so much. 🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by pocohantas(f): 6:25pm On Oct 14
queenfav:
How do i frame this? People forget having kids is a huge responsibility financially, emotionally and otherwise.It eludes me why People who are clearly financially struggling have so many kids.

Like, you haven't even fed well and you have 4 kids in this economy.Even an oil worker will struggle a bit with the kind of inflation we are dealing with in Nigeria.Have you seen the prices of basic household items, school fees even ordinary food?

I always advice women to secure the bag.This world isn't fair to women,you have to protect yourself.If you are not making your own money no matter how small you have no business having kids.It's too risky to rely on your husband for money.What if he dies?How will you feed those kids?Bringing a child to endure hunger and hardship isn't the best at all.

More women should learn how to be very strategic about their life's choices because when the suffering will start,na only you go see the shege.

I think Nigerians are already used to struggle that we don't know some of these decisions are not normal. Why would you want your kids to face the same childhood difficulties you faced?

Just too risky especially in Nigeria where there is no provision for women after marriage. My friend that is a lawyer said child support in Nigeria is laughable. I can't remember the Northern elite he mentioned. Said the man was fighting to pay N200,000 for 4 kids he had with his ex. Then I should imagine what the average man pays. Hahaha! Nigeria is getting harder. Our parents didn't entirely get away with the repercussion of having many kids on an average income. Ours would be worse now people are struggling to buy ori eja. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by descarado: 6:37pm On Oct 14
Acidosis:

If you look closely, you'll find that some of the women who complain about their husbands barely helping with household chores have sons they rarely allow to do the same. I once asked a married woman why her two boys, aged 10 and 7, couldn't make a simple meal like noodles. Her response: 'They are boys.' This same woman complains every other day about her 'lazy' husband.

Women who expect more from their husbands should start by raising sons who actively contribute at home. Be the change you want to see.

Also, men who complain about Nigerian girls should strive to be the change they want to see. Be a role model to your daughters, raise the standard, give maximum financial support to your daughters, and the complaints will reduce.
Thank you Acid.
We are the architect of our problems.

I have boys.
Oga cook while his boys watch. Fast forward, they own the kitchen now. Just that I spent triple on spices and herbs and whatever. Its a complete nightmare but i really care less. Nobody tells me they have finished until I want to use them.
I can't remember when last I loaded the washing machine, vacuumed or mop. If you fail to do any, you are grounded. We will start taking off your privileges. Passworded all tv, no phone, laptops are for homeworks only. Will simply tell you to go and be creative with your time. Sult for all I care. If you disturb me more, I will tell you to write I am sorry 500 times grin

This way, you teach your male child to be proactive at home. We spoil them and still cry woof.
I don't even have a female around me. Growing up was that way too. All men around me do exactly what women do and more. I just don't understand the things I read online

6 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by descarado: 6:40pm On Oct 14
NoToPile:
Interesting thread.

Just understand that majority of Nigerian men want a woman who contributes financially and does all the child raising and home chores alone. That's their definition of a good wife.

Some faworajas have even raised the bar higher for the woman to contribute all financially and still do all domestically grin

The koko is women should shine their eyes, some will still fall into the trap of some of these categories sha.

It's crazy.
How do you want me to do all that?
No wonder our women age rapidly as soon as they marry.
Depression and stress.

2 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by descarado: 6:43pm On Oct 14
pocohantas:

This is how many reason until they are old and start blaming the woman for manipulating the kids against them. Same kids they didn't bond with as kids. It is always ludicrous that women go on to have 2 or more kids for men like this. Because one thing with Naija men is they hardly disguise their bad values and character. So how do you have CHILDREN for him? Children you will raise alone. It beats me everytime.
Poco, you don port shocked

We have really exceptional fathers. I can attest to that.
Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by Acidosis(m): 12:36pm On Oct 15
descarado:

Thank you Acid.
We are the architect of our problems.

I have boys.
Oga cook while his boys watch. Fast forward, they own the kitchen now. Just that I spent triple on spices and herbs and whatever. Its a complete nightmare but i really care less. Nobody tells me they have finished until I want to use them.
I can't remember when last I loaded the washing machine, vacuumed or mop. If you fail to do any, you are grounded. We will start taking off your privileges. Passworded all tv, no phone, laptops are for homeworks only. Will simply tell you to go and be creative with your time. Sult for all I care. If you disturb me more, I will tell you to write I am sorry 500 times grin

This way, you teach your male child to be proactive at home. We spoil them and still cry woof.
I don't even have a female around me. Growing up was that way too. All men around me do exactly what women do and more. I just don't understand the things I read online

😂 😂

Your system is spot on, my sister. Honestly, teaching boys to handle things at home is so important. We can't spoil them and wonder why they don’t step up later in life.

That "write 'I'm sorry' 500 times" part 😂
Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by ecomalchemistt(m): 3:01pm On Oct 16
Ok
Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by ABANGWABOI(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16
I wish all Men can be ruthless like the Men in the lives of these women..

If you like Don't be in Charge as a Man.. you will be the one to become Miserable and later dead...

You either superior or Inferior to your wife, there is no middle ground...

10 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by okerekingsley90: 3:06pm On Oct 16
We4all:
Getting married to an African man is like being sentenced to life in prison. Once they pay their peanuts bride price, they think they own their women and can do whatever they want with them. There are still some good men out there, but the bad men overshadow the good ones.

grin
Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by osazsky(m): 3:07pm On Oct 16
Janny clay o come and see early morning motivation tips
Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by ObalendeCMS: 3:10pm On Oct 16
That's you people's pot of problem!

Sheybi, you did follow follow & also wanted to pepper your unmarried friends!

Stupid beeches getting married to who's available rather than who truly loves them.

There's no way I will marry a woman I love & make her life miserable in marriage.

I detest these vagina people; only for es ee ex is what some are good for.

6 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by ABANGWABOI(m): 3:10pm On Oct 16
Zonefree:
A female Nigerian student would slave for her school boyfriend for 4-5 years without complaining.
-She'll cook and serve the young man and his friends.
-Wash his clothes.
-Clean and tidy his rooms/kitchen.
-Wash his toilet.
-Attend to sexual needs in marvelous ways.

All these for free!

Same girl will get married and start to complain after just 8 months that house chores are too much for her. Same chores she was doing for her school boyfriend for years without complains! undecided

If you want to practice feminism, stay in your father's house! As long as marriage is in your dictionary and you're getting married in an African settings, get ready to work!

Lazy dimwits!

Don't mind those entitled bastards..

The want a Man that is a provider to help with domestic chores .. Kolework...

6 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by Hezmatosky: 3:12pm On Oct 16
Wetin sef you go take satisfy woman for this life? Which means you did not copy anything from your mothers? Lubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by TheBillyonaire: 3:13pm On Oct 16
For every divorced man, another woman steps in. What goes around comes around.

4 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:14pm On Oct 16
Psych412:
Here in Nigeria, some/most men here have all turn their marriages to a slave scheme....a slave mentality, putting their wives in bondage and in anguish.

That's why married women in Nigeria now look older than their age....this slave mentality needs to stop and be abolished

Why won't you call it slave when virtually all of you are a financial liability to the man. Ask 100 ladies what they want and they will tell you they want a man that will bring money for them, pay their rent, feed them, clothe them and you expect that man to be washing toilet and cleaning the house with you at the same time angry

Una mumu never do

9 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by richmond500: 3:16pm On Oct 16
Rexymania:
I do help my wife to do the dishes sometimes

Marriage is not easy for both parties

Now I earn more but spend little on my self. I earn close to 100k monthly but e no dey show for my body
bruh, 100k no suppose show for ur body for this economy.

4 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by ultraviolet27(f): 3:17pm On Oct 16
queenfav:

Very true o but they won't still hear
Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by lexy2014: 3:20pm On Oct 16
JovialJune:

Marriage is not an escape route to anything what exactly is anyone escaping from that isn't happening or present when single?

The best way to face marital life is to expect nothing and hope for the best, and if in a situation whereby one can't cope anymore and one's health is at risk, leave. Marriage is not a do or die affair.

are you saying you entered not expecting anything? not even expecting to have kids?
Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by correctguy101(m): 3:23pm On Oct 16
SKhanmi:

In a symbiotic mature relationship where you treat each other well & try to understand your partner , what you’re saying will work. You wouldn’t even need to ask sef.

No guy that knows his worth likes a woman that lays like a Log of wood or nonchalantly tries to please you.

I see... You're saying the woman should take the initiative sometimes, eh?

Not bad... But only possible if your woman finds you attractive and fvck-worthy... But why would you be with a woman who's hardly aroused by your presence and what you do in the first place shocked ?

Better don't stress ya head and go look for ya own cos that woman no be ya own at all...

What am I even doing commenting here? I'm unmarried and would never consider it...

SMH

5 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by Harddiskng(m): 3:23pm On Oct 16
This is where you will see selfishness in full glory grin

5 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by Zooposki(f): 3:24pm On Oct 16
NoToPile:
Interesting thread.

That’s what we call a mule marriage.

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by lexy2014: 3:26pm On Oct 16
We4all:
Getting married to an African man is like being sentenced to life in prison. Once they pay their peanuts bride price, they think they own their women and can do whatever they want with them. There are still some good men out there, but the bad men overshadow the good ones.

in western countries where they dont pay bride price, why do they have so many broken homes and divorce?

when the man was taking the lady out and buying her fast food, taking her to eateries and movies before marriage, was you expecting it continue after marriage?

4 Likes

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by Zooposki(f): 3:27pm On Oct 16
We4all:

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by RealTrump: 3:28pm On Oct 16
We4all:

JovialJune

Marriage is not stressful. Make money, hire a cook, cleaner n help.

I've met a few high networth single girls like that n they lose money doing house work than using that time to work. Marriage is only stressful for poor women, emphasis on poor women, stop using men as excuse.

1 Like

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by Zooposki(f): 3:29pm On Oct 16
ABANGWABOI:
I wish all Men can be ruthless like the Men in the lives of these women..

If you like Don't be in Charge as a Man.. you will be the one to become Miserable and later dead...

You either superior or Inferior to your wife, there is no middle ground...

Yes, nature deem men as inferior. The only chromosome not necessary for life is the Y(Man) chromosome.

Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by Juoflife1(f): 3:32pm On Oct 16
To the third and fourth woman, God is your muscle. Can never be me. If I work and contribute to the house, we must share the chores.
Re: Married Women Share Battles They Fight In Their Homes by rollywise(m): 3:32pm On Oct 16
CodeTemplarr:
Why will he help with kids when he has to work extra hard to dig a borehole, generate electricity and pump water as against you going to the streams to fetch as it is in the books that inspired the provider role of man?

He also provides milled rice + grains and not the raw ones you have to go mill yourself like it was in biblical times.

He probably bought blenders, miicrowave oven, freezer, and washing machine which were never under the role of provision by provider in the bible. He probably pays the electricity bills for all those.

No wonder household level Yahoo is trendy today. There has to be spiritual shortcut or support for the man to meet those numerous emanating needs outside the original purview of the provider. They can agree on any kid or young maid around as victim. Any new innovation falls under the role of the provider.

If a machine that baths and dresses babies is created today, it becomes the man's job to provide and power it. Most likely within the city where the means to rapidly expand productive output in exchange for more money is highly limited. Tell me which brand of phone did Sarah use? What channel of satellite TV provider of their time was her favourite?

Is domestic battle even harder than field battles to start with?

Oga erase this mentality. Both are difficult but sometimes domestic battles are more. Have you stayed home alone with your kids just for a day? If your sanity remains same then remove the R in my name. Know they are humans and help often where you can. If you really provide the finance then provide enough to get her a house help to ease the stress. Help where you can. It's your pride if your wife looks good beside you in an outing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Names You Can Never Give Your Child? / Will You Forgive Your Girlfriend If She Sleeps With Someone Else? / Man Rejoices After Finalising His Divorce. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.