Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,649 members, 7,951,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (995899 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sholatech(m): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2014
Will appreciate advice from the gurus and people with similar experience. My wife applied for UK Visitors visa some days back for tourism purposes with our two kids. I wrote letter as her sponsor and submitted bank statements for myself and also herself(good millions in both accounts). Also submitted R of O of one of my landed properties and our marriage declaration certificate obtained in 2010. However, she picked up her processed docs yesterday and no reason given whatsoever for her denial. Only three letters, two mentioned why our daughter and son were denied- because adult they travelling with does not hold valid entry clearance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2014
salsera:

You sound desperate and I suspect that's why you have been refused. Applying 3 times in 1 year and yet you are in school?

One would think that a student would be more interested in finishing school.
It would not matter if another brother provided his finance to fund the trip, the fact remains that you don't have strong ties to Nigeria.

My advice...STOP APPLYING give it a rest and get your brother to fund your trip to some other country.
Maybe when you have some travel history and possibly study reasons/work reasons for going to the UK then re-apply
it is not desperate, am trying to address the reasons for the refusal each time i applied from reasons 4 that drops to reason only economic ties this last time and besides i have someone that applied 3times in a month just to meet up immigration requested standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SamyUIStudent: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2014
Pls my Maternal cousin send me an invitation, Am i to apply as family Visitor or General Visitor....... pls i need somone to help me as am filling the form rightaway. thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Silverb(f): 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
esosa4real:

Congrats oo, Happy for you........I am applying soon with a balance of N600k, hoping for same divine favour.
If I may ask, please how long did your visa processing take? Did u submit at ikeja or VI?

Also, i have finished the form, but do i have an option of paying offline?
Most importantly, did u submit original documents? and where they returned?

Pardon my many questions, na so novice matter dey be......lol
I submitted at ikeja july 7than got an email that my visa has been issued july 11th(july 11th was also stated on my passport as the day it was issued)I paid for courier service and got my package yesterday. paid online don't know if they accept payment there. Submitted original document and also photo copies of every original document,my original document and copies where returned. Wish you good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
kunbizzle: @justwise,pls I need urgent reply please,I applied for EEA family permit on the 28th may at lekki,when I didn't hear from them,decided to sed them a mail on the 24th of june,they replied me 3rd of july that my application hasn't being processed and its likely to be looked at within few working days,after 3rd of july till now,I haven't heard anything again from sheffield,I really don't know what to do,as am confused why my application would be taking this long and angry at the same time.

Application like this takes average of 3 months and this is summer which is a very busy period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
SamyUIStudent: Pls my Maternal cousin send me an invitation, Am i to apply as family Visitor or General Visitor....... pls i need somone to help me as am filling the form rightaway. thanx

General visitor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SamyUIStudent: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
justwise:

General visitor.
Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
Helo every thank you for your help. I base in uk and we own family company in nigeria me and my wife are the director of the company. My wife base in nigeria managing and working in the family company and is currently on a salary of N156,000 every months which is paid directly from the company into her account. My question is does she need to submit her bank statement and payslip only? Or she also need to submit the company bank statement and the company registrstion frim CAC. Or just her bank statment and payslip? Without company docunents. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
nickson03: Helo every thank you for your help. I base in uk and we own family company in nigeria me and my wife are the director of the company. My wife base in nigeria managing and working in the family company and is currently on a salary of N156,000 every months which is paid directly from the company into her account. My question is does she need to submit her bank statement and payslip only? Or she also need to submit the company bank statement and the company registrstion frim CAC. Or just her bank statment and payslip? Without company docunents. Thank you
Many countries like Uk & USA do not like company accounts as the belief is that the account is for the buisness NOT personal use.
It is very good that you have your own acc with wages going in, that is what to use.
It would be even better to back this up with tax documents, but a print ount of your six month statement will be good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello good ppl in da house.. I need assistance .. I have a registered limited company and i want to apply for visa. Will the other person write letter apart from my secretary and my personal letter too. He's my junior brother and 25% is given to him on the MOU . does he needs to write a letter too ? i am the sole signatory to the company account. if he needs to write up a letter, what kind of letter ? Pls i need help. My personal letter , can't i just write it in the additional section provided in the form ? PLS I NEED ADVISE.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Like i said my wife work in the family company and she get paid monthly of N156,000 directly into she account.

(1) Can i still stand as my wife sponsor even if she is working in the family company as a director?

(2) Can i still use my uk bank statment and payslip to sponsor het trip as the person who will be financially responsible for her trips?. but the job will be her economic tie to nigeria.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
Do i have to put up a letter or write in the additional section alone ? 3sha4lyf I tried to send u personal message don't know if you get it. co-director, the name appear on the article of memorandum as director. does he need to put up a letter and secretary too. I need ur advise urgently. Thanks
3sha4lyf:
That's alright... Very well thought, especially if you have had, and still having business activities.

Depends on your reason for doing that and how you do it. Don't go opening scars like wounds instead of just exfoliating it. Tell you what yeah, on the form, where you have to enter dates and purpose of previous visits overseas, why not indicate "tourism and shopping" as your "purpose" and then only if you must, in additional section, write that you've included BOL from business done during your last visit, if that makes sense.

Depends on what letter you're talking bout.

Guess I've answered the Q above and given you an idea of how to make it less an issue, in case it becomes an issue.

Just curious, pls where did you read that from? Didn't know you "need to explain why you need LTV." Seems like job application prototype to me. smiley
In any case, I'm sure you need to put your supporting docs and purpose for travel right so they can assess your need for frequent travel. Most applicants get theirs so it shouldn't be a problem if you apply right.

Happy to help smiley

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
]Like i said my wife work in the family company and she get paid monthly of N156,000 directly into she account.

(1) Can i still stand as my wife sponsor even if she is working in the family company as a director?

(2) Can i still use my uk bank statment and payslip to sponsor het trip as the person who will be financially responsible for her trips?. but the job will be her economic tie to nigeria.

Thanks[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
PLS as the chairman/managing director of a limited company , does my personal account have to show my monthly salary and also have a personal tax clearance apart from company tax clearance? PLS PLS PLS ... I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME OUT.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 12:58am On Jul 23, 2014
nickson03: ]Like i said my wife work in the family company and she get paid monthly of N156,000 directly into she account.

I would say YES you can; why not if not?!

Again, I'll say YES you can.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 1:01am On Jul 23, 2014
peace009: PLS as the chairman/managing director of a limited company , does my personal account have to show my monthly salary and also have a personal tax clearance apart from company tax clearance? PLS PLS PLS ... I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME OUT.

To an extent, yes, ur personal account has to show some personal income, which for some, is uncapped and varies. Personal tax clearance and/or company tax clearance, that may help but isn't a "passport to visa" in it self.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:29am On Jul 23, 2014
nickson03: ]Like i said my wife work in the family company and she get paid monthly of N156,000 directly into she account.

Thanks

What type of visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2014
3sha4lyf:
To an extent, yes, ur personal account has to show some personal income, which for some, is uncapped and varies. Personal tax clearance and/or company tax clearance, that may help but isn't a "passport to visa" in it self.

Thanks. i do appreciate ur advise. I have a company tax clearance already. there is no monthly pay from my money to my account...PLS, the issue of the name that appears on the article of memorandum as director. does he need to put up a letter too. He's my junior brother and his name appear in d article of memorandum and 25% share is given to him . I am the sole signatory to the company account. PLS put me thru Thanks .. I can also list all the docs i have at hand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pinkilicious: 7:42am On Jul 23, 2014
nnemak: @ justwise. Is there a thread for GENERAL US Visa ie for those going on short Visit?
pls am new here...a friend of mine in the uk[a citizen] wants to in me over to stay! Want to need what I will need? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pinkilicious: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2014
Goodmorning 9ja...a friend of mine in uk [a citizien]wants to invite me over...pls just want to know what and what I have to do to get there! First time thou grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 8:34am On Jul 23, 2014
Visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:41am On Jul 23, 2014

Thanks

nickson03: Visiting visa

Yes she should submit both the business account and her salary account, it will also strengthen her application if you add your UK bank statement and payslip to it.

Is the business registered and she pays tax on the business earnings?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 9:18am On Jul 23, 2014
Visit visa.
Can i stand as my wife sponsor with my bank statment and payslip even if she work in the family company and get paid monthly income N156,000 into her account as director?

(2) do we need to use the company letter heading paper to write a letter to the british embassy that she working in the family company and she will be visiting her husband and her son who are british?

(3) if we need to use the company lettet heading to write to the british embasy about her travelling and hollidays does she need to sign her signature on the company letter heading paper or need to her signature becsuse my wife is the director?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 9:31am On Jul 23, 2014
No we do not have tax clearance and the business have not yet pay any tax business has only being into operation 5months but we have TIN registration number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2014
nickson03: Visit visa.
Can i stand as my wife sponsor with my bank statment and payslip even if she work in the family company and get paid monthly income N156,000 into her account as director?

(2) do we need to use the company letter heading paper to write a letter to the british embassy that she working in the family company and she will be visiting her husband and her son who are british?

(3) if we need to use the company lettet heading to write to the british embasy about her travelling and hollidays does she need to sign her signature on the company letter heading paper or need to her signature becsuse my wife is the director?

Why are you posting randomly? You asked a question and one is trying to answer that you post another one mixed with the previous question that has been answered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:40am On Jul 23, 2014
nickson03: No we do not have tax clearance and the business have not yet pay any tax business has only being into operation 5months but we have TIN registration number.

She can still present both statements and you can sponsor her, there is nothing wrong with that.

You can use the company letter head and she can sign it.

What are the list of documents you will be sending her?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2014
peace009: PLS as the chairman/managing director of a limited company , does my personal account have to show my monthly salary and also have a personal tax clearance apart from company tax clearance? PLS PLS PLS ... I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME OUT.
Since you're the owner of the company which complies with tax regulation, you are not obliged to pay tax from any money that you pay yourself, you are a tax compliant businessman and you get your income from your taxed business, therefore, your business tax should cover you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2014
My uk bank statment, payslip, accomondation or tenancy agreement, billing address to confirm accomondation address.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by masterp204: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2014
Hello everyone. I've been to the UK once and spent 1 month dere. I intend to renew my visa by applying for the 5 yrs uk visa . Do I stand the chance to get this visa or should I apply for a 1yr visa instead? @vicjustice and justwise pls advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 11:55am On Jul 23, 2014
Vicjustice: Since you're the owner of the company which complies with tax regulation, you are not obliged to pay tax from any money that you pay yourself, you are a tax compliant businessman and you get your income from your taxed business, therefore, your business tax should cover you.

Vicjustice, I do appreciate you so much. thanks.... what about the salary issue.. is it a must to have salary to my personal account becos i don't and have all my docs ready for submission... I have a personal savings accounts though but not like a monthly regular pay in a salary account..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Justwise, one quick question.
As has been seen of the relevance of company registration and tax clearance in VISA applications, can business name registration suffice?

I have a business registered as sole ownership, as i cannot register a company in such regard (though i would still upgrade in the near future).
Yes, i would get my TIN, pay tax and get tax clearance when due. Business account is also been used.

Now, can the above be used or must it be businesses registered as companies?

In my opinion, it should, but am asking because of the inherent discrimination leveled against sole ownership businesses when applying for contracts from the government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.