Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,466 members, 7,891,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:59 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (990163 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Please house does anyone know how much ticket to UK cost,I want to book tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
damsamty16: Please house does anyone know how much ticket to UK cost,I want to book tomorrow
Do the search on google!!!
Or better still, visit airports in your local and find out directly from your preferred air carrier.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
damsamty16: House please help me thank God ooo my visa has been granted! I submitted my application on July 21 and I picked my visa today july31 and departure date is this saturday.Though it's a group application but I give thanks to God because if to judge on my statement of acct of 400k,am not worthy but God did it.I also want to use this great opportunity to appreciate the greatest professor of our time on this thread,prof justwise and vicjustice....God bless u ooo and more grease to ur elbow

Congrats... Goes to confirm the old saying that all cases r treated differently, and in their own merits; money or no monies. smiley.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Congrats... Goes to confirm the old saying that all cases r treated differently, and in their own merits; money or no monies. smiley.
Yes u are very right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
3sha4lyf:
Or better still, visit airports in your local and find out directly from your preferred air carrier.
Thank very much,am presently making research on it.But Ehn ticket price has increased o,I guess it's because of this period..too many travellers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
3sha4lyf:
Thank u very much,am presently making research on it.But Ehn ticket price has increased o,I guess it's because of this period..too many travellers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 2:09am On Aug 01, 2014
3sha4lyf:
Someone told me it's close 250k from Lagos..how true is this please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vegas09: 2:40am On Aug 01, 2014
damsamty16: House please help me thank God ooo my visa has been granted! I submitted my application on July 21 and I picked my visa today july31 and departure date is this saturday.Though it's a group application but I give thanks to God because if to judge on my statement of acct of 400k,am not worthy but God did it.I also want to use this great opportunity to appreciate the greatest professor of our time on this thread,prof justwise and vicjustice....God bless u ooo and more grease to ur elbow
congrats!!! Pls will like to know is d group trip a vacation or training. N is it a company paying for d trip or individually.. I v a friend wv same account balance bt scared of applyin cos it's too low considering ticket price ds summer is very high.n lastly is it every1 in ur group dt was issued a visa!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vegas09: 2:44am On Aug 01, 2014
damsamty16: Please house does anyone know how much ticket to UK cost,I want to book tomorrow
check wakanow.com dey will give u options of cheaper airlines!! But nothin less thaan 200k ds is summer!! except u chill till sept!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2014
Vegas09: congrats!!! Pls will like to know is d group trip a vacation or training. N is it a company paying for d trip or individually.. I v a friend wv same account balance bt scared of applyin cos it's too low considering ticket price ds summer is very high.n lastly is it every1 in ur group dt was issued a visa!!
We are going for a scout jamboree event in berkshir.we all provided our statements of acct individually.we also added some supporting docs like the letter from ogun state scout commissioner,letter from the national commissioner.We are 13 and was issued visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2014
Vegas09: check wakanow.com dey will give u options of cheaper airlines!! But nothin less thaan 200k ds is summer!! except u chill till sept!
Thank u brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Unfortunatley my friends application was refused

Justwise vijustice and co pls chew on this
As far as am concerned this is just bias towards the applicant in light of his previous refusals
The usual no ties to nigeria wasn't even mentioned
Which means they do believe he has ties
Since when did one have to provide a reason for choosing the uk as a tourist destination
Last I checked it wasn't a ? On the form and considering he has been refused in the past doesn't that alreadyshow the intent of wanting to visit uk, I mean its not a fresh application
The large sums in the account where explained with invoices being a sales executive
And he booked hotel so I dnt see why there is a need for an invitation letter or evidence from the person in uk
It was a general tourist visa
Last I checked I thot only name and number sufficed except u intended to stay with the person
There isn't a single concrete reason for his refusal
Advice on where to go fomr here would be much appreciated

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Castalia: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
Please help with this issue.

I have already booked for an appointment with VFS Ikeja for Tuesday 9.am. for submission.
All of a sudden, I get a mail from work. Long and short, I WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE APPOINTMENT FOR TUESDAY.
Can I change the appointment? What exactly do I do?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Castalia: Please help with this issue.

I have already booked for an appointment with VFS Ikeja for Tuesday 9.am. for submission.
All of a sudden, I get a mail from work. Long and short, I WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE APPOINTMENT FOR TUESDAY.
Can I change the appointment? What exactly do I do?

Thanks

Yes you can. Go back to the portal and reschedule the appointment, preferably before Tuesday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 12:01am On Aug 02, 2014
joxiri: Unfortunatley my friends application was refused

Justwise vijustice and co pls chew on this
As far as am concerned this is just bias towards the applicant in light of his previous refusals
The usual no ties to nigeria wasn't even mentioned
Which means they do believe he has ties
Since when did one have to provide a reason for choosing the uk as a tourist destination
Last I checked it wasn't a ? On the form and considering he has been refused in the past doesn't that alreadyshow the intent of wanting to visit uk, I mean its not a fresh application
The large sums in the account where explained with invoices being a sales executive
And he booked hotel so I dnt see why there is a need for an invitation letter or evidence from the person in uk
Last I checked I thot only name and number sufficed except u intended to stay with the person

Wow... It's unfortunate. However, I think the way forward is understanding the reasons for the refusals, which I think you've clearly misunderstood, and I'll give my reasons based on the refusal letter u posted and an assumption that the letter referred to supporting documents the applicant supplied.
Since when did one have to provide a reason for choosing the uk as a tourist destination.
While they acknowledged that it's not a prerequisite to provide in particular a reason for choosing uk as a holiday site, I'm sure they clearly needed an itinerary. Did the applicant include an itinerary?
True, but since they assume all applicants are potential immigrants, they can assume the applicant is hell-bent on "migrating" to the uk and probably beyond the leave.
Very well, the applicant included invoices to show the sources of the funds i.e the receipts n invoices, but failed to give reasons why, as the. ECO pointed out, those "business" funds were paid into the applicants "personal" account which (s)he provided as supporting evidence for funds available for the trip.

But the ECO letter clearly shows that applicant claimed to be visiting a friend "Dr Lilian A.". So of course, if you put down you're visiting a someone in the uk, you should be able to show that that visit is indeed gonna be a welcomed one. An IV or a letter of acknowledgement/consent in most cases, proves this.
Unfortunately, if you say you will visit someone in the uk, the persons name and no is not sufficient enough to back that up, not when you've never made a return trip to the uk.
I'm assuming all reasons were effects of the "inadequate" supporting documents the applicant provided.
I would say read through the refusal letter and if you must reapply, address those issues, plus other probable and imminent issue that may arise, and put in your application.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 12:13am On Aug 02, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Wow... It's unfortunate. However, I think the way forward is understanding the reasons for the refusals, which I think you've clearly misunderstood, and I'll give my reasons based on the refusal letter u posted and an assumption that the letter referred to supporting documents the applicant supplied.
Since when did one have to provide a reason for choosing the uk as a tourist destination.
While they acknowledged that it's not a prerequisite to provide in particular a reason for choosing uk as a holiday site, I'm sure they clearly needed an itinerary. Did the applicant include an itinerary?
True, but since they assume all applicants are potential immigrants, they can assume the applicant is hell-bent on "migrating" to the uk and probably beyond the leave.
Very well, the applicant included invoices to show the sources of the funds i.e the receipts n invoices, but failed to give reasons why, as the. ECO pointed out, those "business" funds were paid into the applicants "personal" account which (s)he provided as supporting evidence for funds available for the trip.

But the ECO letter clearly shows that applicant claimed to be visiting a friend "Dr Lilian A.". So of course, if you put down you're visiting a someone in the uk, you should be able to show that that visit is indeed gonna be a welcomed one. An IV or a letter of acknowledgement/consent in most cases, proves this.
Unfortunately, if you say you will visit someone in the uk, the persons name and no is not sufficient enough to back that up, not when you've never made a return trip to the uk.
I'm assuming all reasons were effects of the "inadequate" supporting documents the applicant provided.
[b] Advice on where to go fomr here would be much appreciated [b]
I would say read through the refusal letter and if you must reapply, address those issues, plus other probable and imminent issue that may arise, and put in your application.

Hope this helps.

There was documentary evidence to back up all that
A letter from both the applicant and his employers addressing the large sums in the account
There was a hotel booking so the applicant did not intend to go and visit the person it was only included as someone he knows in the uk
As it was better than saying you don't know anyone in the uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 12:36am On Aug 02, 2014
joxiri:

There was documentary evidence to back up all that
A letter from both the applicant and his employers addressing the large sums in the account
There was a hotel booking so the applicant did not intend to go and visit the person it was only included as someone he knows in the uk
As it was better than saying you don't know anyone in the uk

Just curious... Did the letter from both applicant and coy give reasons why coy funds were deposited into personal accounts instead of coy account OR they merely confirmed and attested that, yes, indeed the money is from a "legal" source, and by coy, etc?
These are two different issues to be addressed. One, Where did the money come from, and Two, why this account instead of the coy account, since it's for business-related purpose, for example, if you see what I mean.
Remember you applicant also stated that (s)he doesn't receive other income asides his employer. So how do u explain "payments" with receipts from someone, say ur employer, into ur account? By their understanding, and I'm guessing, though I may not b far from the truth, receipts are proof of payment, and they acknowledge that something has been paid for, or has been received. So what was paid for? Certainly not salary. It should be some goods or services rendered, which should have been explained in the form. But if you say u don't receive income elsewhere other than from your employer, it contradicts even the receipts provided, if that makes sense.
Then, the 4th paragraph reads "you say you will be visiting your friend Dr. Lilian Awere in the Uk..." .
Two things, it's either the applicant indicated that, or the ECO has made a wrong assumption. If the latter is the case, then applicant should point this out in the reapplication. Reason for previous refusal should be that the ECO wrongly assumed that applicant will be visiting friend in uk, whereas applicant had indicated "No" to the question (quote the number).
Mind you, if this isn't the case, you may not need to bother challenging the decision becos you may end up factoring in deceit and earning a 10yrs ban.
If you say it's ur friend (not you), ask ur friend very well about the details of that 4th paragraph.

Ps. I'm not antagonising you by any means and I apologise if I come across as such. You just need to critically assess that refusal letter so that you can correct future mistakes, should the applicant decide to reapply.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 02, 2014
ikswiss: Hey fellas have little question regarding my flatmate... We are currently studying in Turkey and he has a girl friend in Scotland and they been together for two years now and he has visited her two times and no he was thinking of traveling this summer to visit her with a tourist visa which is for 6months and he is planning to marry his girl friend what's his chance of getting permit or a stay..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2014
ikswiss: Hey fellas have little question regarding my flatmate... We are currently studying in Turkey and he has a girl friend in Scotland and they been together for two years now and he has visited her two times and no he was thinking of traveling this summer to visit her with a tourist visa which is for 6months and he is planning to marry his girl friend what's his chance of getting permit or a stay..

ikswiss: Hello brother's and sister's am a student in georgia studying psychology am expecting an invitation letter from my girl friend who is a citizien of scottland but she got no statement of account please am i to go for the visa without the statement of account or which documents am i suppose to go with am just going for six months vacations......help needed ASAP o

This is why i don't bother when people come here to ask question on behalf of a 'friend'

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2014
Ok that's strange of you you gonna help me or not bro.
justwise:

This is why i don't bother when people come here to ask question on behalf of a 'friend'
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 9:12am On Aug 02, 2014
ikswiss: Ok that's strange of you you gonna help me or not bro.

@ justwise
Pls any input on the outcome of my friends application pls
Any possible advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by alyorubawy: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
gudday nairalanders, pls i want to inquire if i can get a 10yrs uk visitors visa on a nigerian passport with a 5yrs validity. i am a frequent traveller and been to the uk before with a 2yrs visa in 2000 and also 5yrs visa in 2005.pls ur input will b appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
alyorubawy: gudday nairalanders, pls i want to inquire if i can get a 10yrs uk visitors visa on a nigerian passport with a 5yrs validity. i am a frequent traveller and been to the uk before with a 2yrs visa in 2000 and also 5yrs visa in 2005.pls ur input will b appreciated.

How do u mean?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sisit: 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
Has anyone submitted their application @ teleperformance VI of recent? Really need to know how long the processing took.Submitted for renewal on 10th july and yet to hear from them and their website for tracking is not functional.Really worried cos i av my us interview on the 7th. I really need to hear somthing positive.Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Oseni007(m): 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
3sha4lyf:

How do u mean?
The Nigerian passport has a 5yrs validity b4 it expires,he has been to the UK on several occassion with a 2yrs nd 5yrs visitors visa,what he meant now is if he can apply for a 10yrs visitors visa and be granted since the Nigerian passport only has 5yrs b4 expiration or cant Nigerians apply for the 10yrs visiting visa because of our passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 12:27am On Aug 03, 2014
Oseni007: The Nigerian passport has a 5yrs validity b4 it expires,he has been to the UK on several occassion with a 2yrs nd 5yrs visitors visa,what he meant now is if he can apply for a 10yrs visitors visa and be granted since the Nigerian passport only has 5yrs b4 expiration or cant Nigerians apply for the 10yrs visiting visa because of our passport.
Oh seeeeeeennnn. My bad. Should have read it well. Tx.

alyorubawy: gudday nairalanders, pls i want to inquire if i can get a 10yrs uk visitors visa on a nigerian passport with a 5yrs validity. i am a frequent traveller and been to the uk before with a 2yrs visa in 2000 and also 5yrs visa in 2005.pls ur input will b appreciated.

Of course you can, as long as it has (I think) at least six months validity left on the passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2014
Vicjustice:
Hey, LondonCool, what's HOT in London this summer?

Vicjustice,

Longtime! not much happening except the unpredictable weather .

I can see you are still holding fort here. Much respect to you .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
spikesC:

grin grin grin grin grin

By fire by force, you must answer professor grin

Wow thats great, with an accnt balance of N400k? thats cool. Guess they really saw the sincerity in your application.
Please where did u apply? ikeja/vi/abj?

@Professor justwise, god bless you for ur selfless service...Knowledge is Power.

I have my documents but never still apply oooo.....waiting for my visa debit card on monday so i can make payment online.

@3sha4lyf Gracias too for your support

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hello guys ..pls i am a secondary sch student and wanna visit my friend in uk,i got refuse two months ago because the embassy said they didnt see the origin of my fathers money in this accounts so they not satisfy that he can sponser me.pls am applying again can my uncle be my sponser this time?my uncle just got redunancy and he is no more working at gold mining compnay buh have alot of money in this accounts,how will i make it if they ask me what work is ur uncle doing?should i say he is still a miner ?or i shuld say hes retire?and if retire what documents should i need from my uncle together with is working id card and this bank statement and paysli?what else should i collect from my uncle.pls guy i trust u do well and answer me inoo details for me to understand.xx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hey Guys, good job you guys are doing here. I need you guys help asap. Im applying for UK visa and my employer is sponsoring me to UK as the Best Outstanding Member of Staff 2013. I have the following Documents:
1. Letter of Commendation personally signed by the Chairman congratulating me for the award of best staff
2. Certificate of Award signed by the General Manager
3. Letter of Employment
4. Salary Increment and Notice of Benefits(an official car, Ipad and Blackberry Phone, 5000naira recharge card, subsidized house rent of 300k yearly
5. Letter of Introduction stating that the company is sponsoring my trip to Uk as the best staff 2013, also stating that 6 different account of the company is attached to the application.
6. All my employer/Company Reg Documents, and Tax Clearance Cert
7. UK Visa Page of 10yrs of The Chairman
8. My Marriage Cert/Wedding Pictures/Naming Pictures/Birth cert of my daughter etc
9. Hotel reservation in sheraton
10 My wife letter of appointment, and offer/NHIS Enrollment form
Concerns:
This is my issue, My Take home is just 78k, because I have official car fuel by the Company(Full Tank every week), subsidized rent of 300k.
My old salary was 55k plus after tax, and it shows on my salary account. I presently dont have a dime in this account as I used all to set up a small business.

I have a personal GTB account that I can not explain different logdements and the inflow and out flow cos of the way my clients(outside jobs) pay me and the little business that I do and some supplies that i do outside office hours, even though I dont have a dime inside too. the logdements always comes in lump sum and leaves in lump sum to settle workers etc

I used all my savings to set up a small salon in my area, and it has not started bringing returns. The salon is not registered but I have insurance policy for it.

Now, in my application im filling online presently, I said i dont have any savings at all and that I spent around 115pounds on living expenses monthly.

Someone said i should not bother including my GTB statement of Account. I also said I have around 1200GBP for flights, Ticket trains etc, another 625GBP for accomadation, and another 220GBP for living cost and another 1000GBP as what I have for the trip totaling: 3024GBP. The expenses will be funded by my company.

Another friend ask me to tell my employer to pay the total cost of the trip into my salary account and state it in my personal statement. Is this right?

Pls guys help me out on this, im confused.

Thanks

The question is this, what are my chances of getting a tourist visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by khadeb: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pls house, how much is the application fee for a tier 2 uk visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
JADESOLA15: Hey Guys, good job you guys are doing here. I need you guys help asap. Im applying for UK visa and my employer is sponsoring me to UK as the Best Outstanding Member of Staff 2013. I have the following Documents:
1. Letter of Commendation personally signed by the Chairman congratulating me for the award of best staff
2. Certificate of Award signed by the General Manager
3. Letter of Employment
4. Salary Increment and Notice of Benefits(an official car, Ipad and Blackberry Phone, 5000naira recharge card, subsidized house rent of 300k yearly
5. Letter of Introduction stating that the company is sponsoring my trip to Uk as the best staff 2013, also stating that 6 different account of the company is attached to the application.
6. All my employer/Company Reg Documents, and Tax Clearance Cert
7. UK Visa Page of 10yrs of The Chairman
8. My Marriage Cert/Wedding Pictures/Naming Pictures/Birth cert of my daughter etc
9. Hotel reservation in sheraton
10 My wife letter of appointment, and offer/NHIS Enrollment form
Concerns:
This is my issue, My Take home is just 78k, because I have official car fuel by the Company(Full Tank every week), subsidized rent of 300k.
My old salary was 55k plus after tax, and it shows on my salary account. I presently dont have a dime in this account as I used all to set up a small business.

I have a personal GTB account that I can not explain different logdements and the inflow and out flow cos of the way my clients(outside jobs) pay me and the little business that I do and some supplies that i do outside office hours, even though I dont have a dime inside too. the logdements always comes in lump sum and leaves in lump sum to settle workers etc

I used all my savings to set up a small salon in my area, and it has not started bringing returns. The salon is not registered but I have insurance policy for it.

Now, in my application im filling online presently, I said i dont have any savings at all and that I spent around 115pounds on living expenses monthly.

Someone said i should not bother including my GTB statement of Account. I also said I have around 1200GBP for flights, Ticket trains etc, another 625GBP for accomadation, and another 220GBP for living cost and another 1000GBP as what I have for the trip totaling: 3024GBP. The expenses will be funded by my company.

Another friend ask me to tell my employer to pay the total cost of the trip into my salary account and state it in my personal statement. Is this right?

Pls guys help me out on this, im confused.

Thanks

The question is this, what are my chances of getting a tourist visa

@justwise, pls help me with above info.

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (426)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.