Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,631 members, 7,951,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (995869 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:49am On Sep 10, 2014
LazzyH:

@ Justwise:
May God bless you. You have helped me with half of all the info I have been searching for. I have not traveled to the UK before. My problem now is this: I am trying to make a budget of how much I would be spending since I am visiting my brothers.
I only know of flight and bta
Flight £700
BTA £1000
I was hoping that N600,000k would cover my journey to & Fro... Correct mee and help me with a list and rough estimate of each....

Thanks a lot.
So, you also need someone to help you in making calculation of your own budgets, to make your own list for you and to give you an estimate figure of how much you would be spending, yes?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charles005: 11:18am On Sep 10, 2014
Please, house how much is General visitor visa fees (6month)..... Kindly help is urgently needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LazzyH(m): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
Vicjustice:
So, you also need someone to help you in making calculation of your own budgets, to make your own list for you and to give you an estimate figure of how much you would be spending, yes?

@VicJustice

I would be greatful if you can help me with such calculations. I haven't traveled before... Aside BTA and Flight my brother's wife would pick me up. I do not know what other expenses I would incure. Please help me with a list on what I would be spending on and its cost.

Can I be sponsored by my parent? Cos I am 31 now and I made a total of 1million for the trip and I am applying for a visitors visa as will be going to my brother's house.

Or how much do you suggest would be enough for me or that you think would be enough for me?

Can you connect me with an expert who can prepare me against all these?

Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
LazzyH:
@VicJustice
I would be greatful if you can help me with such calculations. I haven't traveled before... Aside BTA and Flight my brother's wife would pick me up. I do not know what other expenses I would incure. Please help me with a list on what I would be spending on and its cost.
Can I be sponsored by my parent? Cos I am 31 now and I made a total of 1million for the trip and I am applying for a visitors visa as will be going to my brother's house.
Or how much do you suggest would be enough for me or that you think would be enough for me?
Thank you very much
Your request indeed suggests that you have the perfect Username.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
i'm tempted to laugh but lipsrsealed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
LazzyH:

@VicJustice

Thank you very much
Well, i will suggest that you assume N220k for flight, check google for the areas of interest so you may have an answer to give when asked "what would you be doing in the UK?".
Also, budget some money for transportations, site-seeing and shopings and possible emergencies: Make a round figure of N600k.
As for your parents sponsorship, that depends on many factors. Click on the below link to get more help:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
charles005: Please, house how much is General visitor visa fees (6month)..... Kindly help is urgently needed

it's on their website...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LazzyH(m): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
Vicjustice:
Your request indeed suggests that you have the perfect Username.

LoL, as regards the username thing!
I need your advice. My dad is sponsoring me and I do not want to use my company status cos the company is just 1-2 months old. So I can't use my company's statement of account. Should I use My personal account? Since my parent are sponsoring me, I guess i will have to use my dads statement of account in applying.

As I do not have a job and my company is still very young and does not have the financial strenght to back me up and my account has a lump sum of N1m. I do not know if that would pass but I want to believe that my dad being the sponsor, I won't have much trouble with my account.

Correct and advice me @vicjustice @justwise and @ worry359 @ Chrizizon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LadyWolfe: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
18 working days since i submitted my application. No word from Teleperformance or UKVI.

My advise to people; use vfs. the travel to ikeja may be long but the wait time is much less.

Has anyone "turned up"at Teleperformance without notification to collect passport and found their passports there?

I need my passport urgently..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
To me it doesn't sound well that you have a company yet somebody else is going to sponsor your trip to Britain for visit at the age u have stated,u are not a kid anymore bro..

I'd suggest u take things easy and allow ur company some time to grow maybe for few months more..within that period you could also improve ur financial status and have a good statement of account..that lump sum of 1m won't help ya..ur bank statement shud have a lot of transactions.(Withdrawals and deposits)

If u really want d visa issued to u so bad and don't want a refusal,u shud provide d right documents to support ur application even if it takes u a year to put d documents together

LazzyH:

LoL, as regards the username thing!
I need your advice. My dad is sponsoring me and I do not want to use my company status cos the company is just 1-2 months old. So I can't use my company's statement of account. Should I use My personal account? Since my parent are sponsoring me, I guess i will have to use my dads statement of account in applying.

As I do not have a job and my company is still very young and does not have the financial strenght to back me up and my account has a lump sum of N1m. I do not know if that would pass but I want to believe that my dad being the sponsor, I won't have much trouble with my account.

Correct and advice me @vicjustice @justwise and @ worry359 @ Chrizizon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EJaja(m): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello forumite,

I would like to ask. Which is the right site for applying for uk visa.
Would also like to ask do I need to book an apointment for the form subnission, and what site if I need to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
EJaja: Hello forumite,
I would like to ask. Which is the right site for applying for uk visa.
Would also like to ask do I need to book an apointment for the form subnission, and what site if I need to.
www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by supercharged: 12:40am On Sep 11, 2014
Good people in the house...
Am not sure if this is the right place to ask this... Currently in Dubai with a UAE student residence visa and am planning on goin to the UK by the end of this year. I've spoken with my school about it and agreed to give me a covering letter( a UK based Uni)
Please what are my requirements? And what amount of money will be needed for the application apart from my flight, accommodation and transport (in the UK) for i have a friend that am staying with.

Cc
vicjustice justwise worry359 Chrizizon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EJaja(m): 7:26am On Sep 11, 2014
Vicjustice:
www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
Thanks bro, do i really need to book for an appointment to submite the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2014
EJaja:
Thanks bro, do i really need to book for an appointment to submite the application.
After the completion of the application form, and on the finishing page, there is an instruction on what to do next, you will be guided even to the appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kingsakyi1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hi house...i am applying for uk visa....i have got refuse two month ago because of my dad statement didnt show the origin of the money in the accounts...i am applyin again this september,and have got a newsponser who is my friend in united state of america,can he sponser me for my visitor visa?and if yeah,pls what documents does i need from him as a sponser from usa?does it care if hes white man,because hes white,i m university student just got every thing from sch already.pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kingsakyi1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hi justwise,heres my supporting document check it out if i need something else to attach,i am visitin one one in uk this xmas,have got my invitation letter,tenance agreement,his passport boidata page.....i am a student,so i went for my introductory letter from school and my transcript and also have some reciept old ones to attach to it...my uncle will fully sponser my trip.he is ex worker gold miner,he is not on redunancy.have got his bank statement with everymonth transaction of 700dollars ,he got reduancy payment two months ago which shows on the statement so i have the redunancy payslips too...and his electricity bill reciept serve as prove of adress,i also have his three three payslips of him ,and his mining id card.and a sponsership letter from my uncle an affidavid.please justwise what else do i need to add to my preparation ,because am going to submit on monday pls help..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
masterp204: Hello justwise and vicjustice . Am bout to renew my uk visa. Should I use a paid hotel booking/reservation or just an ordinary hotel reservation.
Tnx
What they require of you is your proposed accommodation details, so whichever is ok by you is acceptable provided it is genuine.
Some hotels have very limited number of days of the validity of a reservation that hasn't been paid for, so be cautious of the time sensitivity of such Hotel before making a reservation to avoid refusal due to invalid accommodation details. But if you are to pay for the reservation, ensure that the hotel has a refund policy just in case you need to withdraw your booking in the undesired event that your visa application is refused.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by masterp204: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tnx vicjustice . I really appreciate. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by waybanks: 2:04am On Sep 12, 2014
hello there, can anyone please help out there, i,m a bit confused if my mum still needs an invitation letter to apply for uk visa, shes been here before sometimes last year. she had a 6 months visa then, which she only spent a month.. now she wanna apply for 2 years but i really dont know if i have to send invitation letter again.. i know i have to send supporting documents and all that.. does she needs another letter since shes only renewing.. all response welcome.. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2014
waybanks: hello there, can anyone please help out there, i,m a bit confused if my mum still needs an invitation letter to apply for uk visa, shes been here before sometimes last year. she had a 6 months visa then, which she only spent a month.. now she wanna apply for 2 years but i really dont know if i have to send invitation letter again.. i know i have to send supporting documents and all that.. does she needs another letter since shes only renewing.. all response welcome.. thanks
Every application is treated in its own merit, so, if she is applying for a visa to visit you, she needs the invitation from you otherwise, she needs a hotel reservation or other accommodation details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kingsakyi1(m): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Kingsakyi1: Hi justwise,heres my supporting document check it out if i need something else to attach,i am visitin one one in uk this xmas,have got my invitation letter,tenance agreement,his passport boidata page.....i am a student,so i went for my introductory letter from school and my transcript and also have some reciept old ones to attach to it...my uncle will fully sponser my trip.he is ex worker gold miner,he is not on redunancy.have got his bank statement with everymonth transaction of 700dollars ,he got reduancy payment two months ago which shows on the statement so i have the redunancy payslips too...and his electricity bill reciept serve as prove of adress,i also have his three three payslips of him ,and his mining id card.and a sponsership letter from my uncle an affidavid.please justwise what else do i need to add to my preparation ,because am going to submit on monday pls help..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:47am On Sep 13, 2014
Kingsakyi1: Hi justwise,heres my supporting document check it out if i need something else to attach,i am visitin one one in uk this xmas,have got my invitation letter,tenance agreement,his passport boidata page.....i am a student,so i went for my introductory letter from school and my transcript and also have some reciept old ones to attach to it...my uncle will fully sponser my trip.he is ex worker gold miner,he is not on redunancy.have got his bank statement with everymonth transaction of 700dollars ,he got reduancy payment two months ago which shows on the statement so i have the redunancy payslips too...and his electricity bill reciept serve as prove of adress,i also have his three three payslips of him ,and his mining id card.and a sponsership letter from my uncle an affidavid.please justwise what else do i need to add to my preparation ,because am going to submit on monday pls help..

Your chances of getting a visa is very remote with such profile.

Your uncle is no longer employed and he can not spend his redundancy money on you and left with little.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 7:54am On Sep 13, 2014
Justwise,VicJustice and all the gurus in the house I need to hear from you concerning my case. I submitted my application for renewal of my UK visa on the 3rd of Sept at Ikeja but I have not heard from them yet. Am particularly concerned because I will be going to US on official assignment on the 24th of Sept(ticket purchased and accomodation taken care of by my epmloyer). I went ahead with the application based on experiences with previous applications they were always out in 12-14 days. I am really hoping my passport will be out before that date. What do you advice me to do gurus.....really worried.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kingsakyi1(m): 8:04am On Sep 13, 2014
Brother my uncle got about 50,000dollars redunancy payment and he is sponsering me for just 1000pounds for my trip.he will be going back to work after christmas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2014
AceMiss: Justwise,VicJustice and all the gurus in the house I need to hear from you concerning my case. I submitted my application for renewal of my UK visa on the 3rd of Sept at Ikeja but I have not heard from them yet. Am particularly concerned because I will be going to US on official assignment on the 24th of Sept(ticket purchased and accomodation taken care of by my epmloyer). I went ahead with the application based on experiences with previous applications they were always out in 12-14 days. I am really hoping my passport will be out before that date. What do you advice me to do gurus.....really worried.

You don't have much to worry about, if its not out by next week start writing them to return your passport as you need it for an official assignment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:11am On Sep 13, 2014
Kingsakyi1: Brother my uncle got about 50,000dollars redunancy payment and he is sponsering me for just 1000pounds for my trip.he will be going back to work after christmas

Will you be submitting employment letter to back that up?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2014
Thanks for the quick response Justwise. Can you help me with the email am to address my mails to and do you have an idea how soon they can return my PP when I write to them(just an estimation). I plan to start sending emails from wednesday if its not ready by then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:18am On Sep 13, 2014
AceMiss: Thanks for the quick response Justwise. Can you help me with the email am to address my mails to and do you have an idea how soon they can return my PP when I write to them(just an estimation). I plan to start sending emails from wednesday if its not ready by then.

You will get all their contact details in their website, Wed is a good time to start writing them and you could be asked to pick it up from their visa center within 3-4 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 8:27am On Sep 13, 2014
Thank you so much Justwise,you are a real lifesaver!

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.