Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,575 members, 7,905,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:20 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (991423 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
rckm:

Yes I have an official invitation letter from the UK army asking me to go to UK to complete my assessment.They told me that I am to meet all costs of travel,accomodation.To be precise,I am to fund myself.They advised me to apply for a visitors Visa even though they claimed to have no any other support they can give to the Visa office to process my application.

If you are sure that its genuine UK army ministry that is inviting you for recruitment training (Though i have my doubt) then present the invitation letter, prove of financial sponsorship from your cousin but your cousin has to give you paper evidences of his sources of income....payslip/bank statement. Tax clearance certificate (if he owns a business) etc.

If you are going to be accommodated by your cousin in the UK then he has to send you prove of adequate accommodation for you for the duration of your program in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
rckm: I am in the process of joining the uk army.MY cousin in UK is willing to act as my point of contact but he is not able to fund or support me financially,on the other hand,my cousin who is here in nigeria is ready to sponsor my trip for the duration of six months.I have already received a declaration letter and passport copies from my UK cousin.Note that he is now a UK citizen.Currently I am not working but I used to work some 3 months ago before I lost my job and therefore I have no savings.All my siblings and parents are here and I staying with them,am 28 and still single.
I wish to submit my application to UKBA by 5th nov,2012 and I was given a deadline of 7th Dec,2012 by the UK army.Kindly advice me on the documents/proof that I need to submit to support my General visitors visa application in this case.Secondly,what are the chances of getting the visit Visa to UK.lastly,must my financial sponsor be in UK or is ok even if he is here in nigeria.

Thank you members.
eagerly waiting for your advice

rckm:

I can assure you that the invitation letter is genuine.I applied through the MOD online application as a commonwealth citizen.Concerning the accommodation,I will be staying in a hostel since my UK cousin has a limited space in his house.My query is,will the UKBA accept the fact that my financial sponsor is a cousin living here in Kenya? HE is a businessman with a good bank statement plus business registration certificates.

Are you a Nigerian or a Kenyan?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by USAMarshal: 2:41am On Nov 02, 2012
When
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 5:23am On Nov 02, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:34am On Nov 02, 2012
USAMarshal:

hi justwise. He has an official letter from the organisers. the business is not registered. He doesn't pay tax. The conference is in february and he plans to apply like late January. What do you advise here. Does he really need the tax paper? And does he have to show business registration? Is the statement balance sufficient? He is in his fourth year in university.

I will be surprised if he is given a visa based on the area i highlighted above.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Divake: 8:19am On Nov 02, 2012
Goodmorning peeps,
I applied for UK visa in year 2007 but was refused on the following grounds that;
I have not proven to have a close ties in Nigeria as a student cos my letter from my school did not stipulate my entry and graduation date. Also that they are aware of the inconsistencies in Nigeria University system such as numerous strike actions hence they are not not convinced I would return back to Nigeria.
Secondly, that I provided a sponsorship bank statement with insufficient fund of €119 which is not enough to cover my flight and accomodation.
One thing I disagree with in this claim is the statement balance which is actually €1119 conversion.
I did not appeal cos I decided to just complete my education.
Presently im through with school but my results are not out yet, I have a professional certificate as a chartered accountant, I'm presently working fulltime and I earn N130k monthly, I also work partime for a network marketing company and earn extra income from there. I have inflow into my account in this last week that my is from my contributory savings with a group of friends and it dosent have supporting doc cos its not official.
Lastly, my birth cert carries a different middlename from all my docs. Please advise as I want to apply for visa to spend my xmas in UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2012
Divake: Goodmorning peeps,
I applied for UK visa in year 2007 but was refused on the following grounds that;
I have not proven to have a close ties in Nigeria as a student cos my letter from my school did not stipulate my entry and graduation date. Also that they are aware of the inconsistencies in Nigeria University system such as numerous strike actions hence they are not not convinced I would return back to Nigeria.
Secondly, that I provided a sponsorship bank statement with insufficient fund of €119 which is not enough to cover my flight and accomodation.
One thing I disagree with in this claim is the statement balance which is actually €1119 conversion.
I did not appeal cos I decided to just complete my education.
Presently im through with school but my results are not out yet, I have a professional certificate as a chartered accountant, I'm presently working fulltime and I earn N130k monthly, I also work partime for a network marketing company and earn extra income from there. I have inflow into my account in this last week that my is from my contributory savings with a group of friends and it dosent have supporting doc cos its not official.
Lastly, my birth cert carries a different middlename from all my docs. Please advise as I want to apply for visa to spend my xmas in UK
The reasons that you were refused the visa is explained in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas.
As for your birth certificate, you might not need to include the document depending on the category of visa that you're applying for, but however, it is wise to get that sorted before it gets you into trouble: actually, it would help if you give detail explanation of the names discrepancy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MosakuAW(m): 11:18am On Nov 02, 2012
Hello Justwise and Vicjustice: I was given a six months visa in January, which I travelled in March and spent 2weeks and my visa xpiry in July. Now, I want to apply for 2yrs.
My problem here is that, I have changed my job. I was working with one of the Telecoms and was been paid 105k per month wen I applied. Now, I have a new job with 135k per month after tax and pension. What are my chances cos my circumstance has changed in the last 1yr.
I believe I was given visa cos I was working with multi-national organisation that has name but now am working for a limited company with no big name. What are my chances. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:59am On Nov 02, 2012
Mosaku A.W:
Hello Justwise and Vicjustice: I was given a six months visa in January, which I travelled in March and spent 2weeks and my visa xpiry in July. Now, I want to apply for 2yrs.
My problem here is that, I have changed my job. I was working with one of the Telecoms and was been paid 105k per month wen I applied. Now, I have a new job with 135k per month after tax and pension. What are my chances cos my circumstance has changed in the last 1yr.
I believe I was given visa cos I was working with multi-national organisation that has name but now am working for a limited company with no big name. What are my chances. Thanks.
You were not given the visa because you were "working with multi-national organisation" but rather because you met the requirements.
Now, it doesn't matter whether your current company is less renown than the previous: if your new company is registered and your paperworks are up to date and ultimately your job is secured (to satisfy the visa officer that you have something to return to Nigeria for), i see nothing hindering you this time: except perhaps you are new and still under probation at your work place in this case, you may be refused if your employment is not secured and guaranteed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2012
rckm: Hi vicjustice,
I have only one question concerning uk general visitors sponsor.My sponsor wishes to foot all my expenses my six months stay in UK,note that he will not be travelling with me and he has never been to UK either.I am going to UK with an aim of joining the army.Now my question is, is it acceptable that my sponsor remains behind(not in UK)

Kindly advse
You're going to the UK to join its Army, is that not supposed to be a big time job?
If it is a job, will you not be entitled to salary (or benefits)?
And if YES, then, why do you need a sponsor (if you are not going for studies but for work)?
There are things that i don't seem to understand here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
rckm:

I am in the process of joining.I am suppossed to attend the initial tests and assessment and they did send me a call forward letter.It clearly stated that I should be responsible for all my expenses until they give me job offer letter which may take upto six months to be ready that is if I pass all the initial tests.
Well, you didn't state that you were going to attend a cadet training, trial, course or accesment etc. Now, i see what you meant.
And to answer your question, your sponsor does not need to be physically present in the UK, but bear in mind that there are certain conditions that a sponsor must meet and not just anyone that is eligible to represent your sponsor.
Please, refer to this thread and see the conditions of sponsorship, and if you have further questions after that, feel free to ask:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
rckm:

Thanks a lot.
Is there a problem if the sponsor is a cousin?

I've just edited my previous post, please, observe it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by darellrivers: 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2012
i came across this satiric article on "how to be a Nigerian student in the uk".. while it made an interesting read, it really made me think of how we misplace our priorities in Nigeria

http://sataire./2012/11/02/how-to-be-a-nigerian-student-in-the-uk/

enjoy!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Divake: 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
Vicjustice:
The reasons that you were refused the visa is explained in this link:
As for your birth certificate, you might not need to include the document depending on the category of visa that you're applying for, but however, it is wise to get that sorted before it gets you into trouble: actually, it would help if you give detail explanation of the names discrepancy

Thank you for your response, would it be okay if I go for an affidavit? My middle name on my birth cert shows Abosede, while all my docs shows Cynthia.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
Divake:

Thank you for your response, would it be okay if I go for an affidavit? My middle name on my birth cert shows Abosede, while all my docs shows Cynthia.
Even if you do the affidavits or whatever action you take to sort it out, i recommend that you don't drop any of the names (to avoid discrepancies), there is nothing wrong in having multiple middle names; It is absolutely OK to bear four or more names ie:
Divake Cynthia Abosede Obasanjo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrownGold: 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
Hello Nairaland forum,

Kudos to all contributors and advisers on the good job being done.

I just signed in and looking to learn on applying for a UK visa.

I am about to be wed to a Nigerian who's resident in the UK. He's coming to Lagos so we can have our civil wedding. Please I'd like to know, is it proper for me to let the marriage registrar know he's not resident in Nigeria, though he's familiar with Lagos, his last time here was in 2008? Will informing the registrar he's not fully resident here in Nigeria negatively affect my future processing of a spouse visa?

Please, what is the Ikoyi registry requirements of a non-resident Nigerian wedding a resident Nigerian?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
rckm:
I submitted my uk general visitors visa application online and have an appointment on Wednesday.Though I am a graduate,I am unemployed at the moment and I will be submitting my sponsors' financial details on that wednesday.Now that my sponsor is my cousin and he is taking full financial responsibilities,am I required to submit my financial details too or that of my parents'?

Please advise
You're still lagging on this sponsor thing despite all valid advice that i gave you?
I repeat, it is near impossible to get a visiting visa as an adult who can't support/sponsor himself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by claremont(m): 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
rckm:
I submitted my uk general visitors visa application online and have an appointment on Wednesday.Though I am a graduate,I am unemployed at the moment and I will be submitting my sponsors' financial details on that wednesday.Now that my sponsor is my cousin and he is taking full financial responsibilities,am I required to submit my financial details too or that of my parents'?

Please advise
Kindly submit as much financial details of your sponsor to them regardless of whether you are employed or not. The reason why you are joining the army is because you basically want a job, so as far as you have a sponsor willing to take care of your expenses, I don't think you should have a problem getting the visa. Just make sure you carry along original copies of your 'Call forward letter' and all other correspondence with the British army overseas recruitment cell. I have got loads of Kenyan and Ghanaian friends and most of them joined the army via this means.

Whilst waiting for your visa to come through, work on your 1.5 mile run time, press-ups and sit-ups, pull-ups, and team communication skills. The fitter you are, the easier and faster your recruitment process will be. It could be as short as 1-2 months or as long as 9 months depending on the job you are going for and your levels of fitness.

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrownGold: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hello Nairaland,

Kudos to @justwise, @Vicjustice and all contributors and advisers on the good job being done.

I just signed in and looking to learn on applying for a UK Spouse visa.

Please, what is the Ikoyi marriage registry requirements of a non-resident Nigerian wedding a resident Nigerian? Do I have to tell the officers at the registrar my Nigerian fiance isn't resident in Nigeria, I am thinking of not telling them because I feel they may want to request for illegal outrageous bills. Please what do you think, will my cover-up affect my future spousal visa processing?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2012
BrownGold: Hello Nairaland,

Kudos to @justwise, @Vicjustice and all contributors and advisers on the good job being done.

I just signed in and looking to learn on applying for a UK Spouse visa.

Please, what is the Ikoyi marriage registry requirements of a non-resident Nigerian wedding a resident Nigerian? Do I have to tell the officers at the registrar my Nigerian fiance isn't resident in Nigeria, I am thinking of not telling them because I feel they may want to request for illegal outrageous bills. Please what do you think, will my cover-up affect my future spousal visa processing?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it matters where your fiance lives, he is a Nigerian anyway, i don't know about the requirement thing, i don't know anybody who has gone through the process before.

Hopefully people with info will help.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrownGold: 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2012
smileyThank you @justwise for the response.

I am currently going through previous posts on this topic here in Nairaland Forum (still on part 1:28) to find out what I need to know and do to apply for a spouse visa, the posts i am on is basically talking about UK student and visit visa. Can you please give me a direct link to find this information on applying for a spouse visa or please tell me the requirements for a UK spouse visa processing?

Many thanks. Kudos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2012
BrownGold: smileyThank you @justwise for the response.

I am currently going through previous posts on this topic here in Nairaland Forum (still on part 1:28) to find out what I need to know and do to apply for a spouse visa, the posts i am on is basically talking about UK student and visit visa. Can you please give me a direct link to find this information on applying for a spouse visa or please tell me the requirements for a UK spouse visa processing?

Many thanks. Kudos.

Its not a difficult one, the most important thing is to prove that the marriage is real and not some sort of sham marriage for British passport.

Email communications, phone call records, gifts, marriage certificate. photos.

Don't rush and submit for spouse visa just after marriage, that will look desperate on your part. Give it 1-3 months before going for spouse visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrownGold: 11:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
@justwise: thank you smiley for the advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osun101: 11:13am On Nov 05, 2012
@all
@Justwise.....Thanks for the other day.
@all.... kindly help me with an answer,
I submitted my application for tourist visit visa(last week Thursday) but the hotel reservation i made was cancelled that i used an invalid card. i used my friends master card info from GT Bank(ATM). Please what can i do? What are my chances? kindly help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:33am On Nov 05, 2012
osun101: @all
@Justwise.....Thanks for the other day.
@all.... kindly help me with an answer,
I submitted my application for tourist visit visa(last week Thursday) but the hotel reservation i made was cancelled that i used an invalid card. i used my friends master card info from GT Bank(ATM). Please what can i do? What are my chances? kindly help.
There is a chance that the Visa Officer will not find out especially if your other documentation packages are satisfying; the Visa Officer might not go to the length of communicating with the hotel, but if the visa is approved and you choose to travel to the UK, you might have a big problem at the port of entry because, there is a chance that the Immigration Officer would want to confirm your place of stay.
I recommend that you rebook the very hotel immediately since you might be unlucky (if the Visa Officer decides to contact the hotel): the Officer might then consider your hotel reservation as fraudulent and you might be extremely unlucky to be given a 10 years ban from the UK.
If however you feel concerned about this, then, it would be wise of you to contact the embassy to withdraw your application

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.