Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,020 members, 7,942,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1066528 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 10:15pm On May 01, 2013
@matadaz

Ha ha ha ha.....I use the Imman word because of supermario1 he's from Cairo Egypt so that's how they praise their God over there, I notice when I said in Jesus name he didn't say anything so I use my head to know that Egypt are predominantly muslim so I used the word to sought the situation and he was impressed, and I was happy too.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by supermario1: 9:13am On May 02, 2013
lamosy: @supermario1

Thank you Mario. Your wife's refusal is same as mine isn't it? Or was she refused on 2 or 3 grounds? My refusal was on the ground of no evidence of communication since my husband left for UK. I hope that is same ground as your wife's? If yes, I only provided emails and money transfer documents that's all. If its just on this ground and you've provided all relevant documents I just wonder why your case will be listed for court hearing. I assure you inshallah even if it goes to court for hearing Allah will favour you through the judge and your appeal will be allowed inshallah. Trust Allah he's watching over your case right now and he will make you beam with smile trust me. Allahakbar. I am still here with you in truth and in spirit. Take care. Cheers.
@lamosy
thanks lamosy,i rang my lawyer few days ago and she told me that she received the bundle from the embassy,i think its too late for decision overturned now,allahakbar i like this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 10:45am On May 02, 2013
@supermario1

I already told you last week that if Cairo Embassy didn't ring or send a call letter to your wife a month after the 19 weeks, that means the case will proceed to court hearing. And I told you inshallah he will judge in your favour, initial decision will be overturned by Allah. Put your trust in Allah, Allah is always with his people who serve him with all their heart, soul, might and mind. Allahakbar, your wife will be granted visa...ok. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 10:52am On May 02, 2013
Everyone

Just submitted passport and was given a slip that they will contact me when they are done. Thank you all. Love you all. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by supermario1: 11:21am On May 02, 2013
[quote author=lamosy]Everyone

Just submitted passport and was given a slip that they will contact me when they are done. Thank you all. Love you all. Cheers.[/q
@lamosy
haapppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 12:33pm On May 02, 2013
@supermario1

Thank you Mario. I wish they ring your wife just like they ask me to submit passport. Its as if your case is start from 2011 till date, I'm as worried as you are Mario! If wishes were horses I would have requested your wife be given visa first, because you do long for her. I can tell you've got so much love for her, Allah will strengthen you and give you more patience to carry on. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jerrysmithing: 11:29am On May 03, 2013
THIS IS JERRY LAMOSY, I AM REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOU DESERVE THIS. REMEMBER I TOLD YOU IN OUR EMAIL THAT THIS WILL COME TO PASS BECAUSE YOU HAVE A STRONG CASE,CONGRATULATIONS AND PREPARE TO GO AND JOIN YOUR HUBBY.
@mirabeelz
@supermario1
@matadaz and all the members of this forum please help me in praise of the Holy one of Israel, the Elohim, Elolam, Elmakarious, Elshammer, Rabonni, Sabboath and the Lion of the tribe of Judah. He's faithful, righteous, patience, kind and Just. I bow before him in worship right now with all my soul, heart, might and mind. Thank you Jesus.

Thank you Johnwray for your advice. I did rang the Embassy today Lo and Behold I was told my name is among the people to be called to submit their passport next week. But I pleaded with the young man to allow me submit this week he said no they will ring me, as I was talking to the young man I was praying. Guess what he said madam the protocol is for us to ring first, well, you can submit your passport tomorrow between 10am and 2pm or whenever you can. But a friend said tomorrow is bank holiday in Nigeria that means I will submit it on thursday morning. Praise Jesus. This is my little good news. Thank you guys for all your support and kind words. Johnwray a peck on your Chick, justwise, mirabeelz, supermario1 and matadaz a big bunzy buddie hug for you all. The time for your own good news is now in Jesus name...amen. I love you all. Cheers. [/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 2:34pm On May 03, 2013
@jerrysmithing

That was kind of you Jerry, thank you very much. Jerry you should have told the house what God equally did for you. A brief testimony would be lovely. Because when both old and new fellow thread mate read stories like yours, mine and femi_nam it will make them feel very comfortable and would like to read more because of the success rate. Also appeal review timeline is very important because this question is often asked. A lot of people get nervous because of timeline, hence this throw them into a state of panic and begin to fret unnecessarily. I'm saying this because I was in such state before. We have about 4 forum mate who are equally waiting to be called, more success stories will give them hope and God will perfect it for them in Jesus name...Amen. I will hang on this forum until they all receive their visa respectively. Thought you've gone never new you're still around. Take care. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 5:03am On May 04, 2013
@femi_nam

Did you ring them as planned? If yes, any thing tangible? If no, don't worry it won't be long. Have a good morning. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by feminam(m): 6:16am On May 04, 2013
@lamosy

Was too busy at work but will do that on monday thanks for your care.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 8:14am On May 04, 2013
@femi_nam

You're most welcome.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ngondu: 8:43am On May 05, 2013
Am a legal practitioner with 8 years post call experience, I was denied entry into the uk even after submitting the following:
1.Incorp docs at CAC that I own the law office.
2. Incorp docs showing I own a real estate comp duly registered at cac.
3. Form CO7 showing am a director as suchi have access to the monies in the account.
4. A. Letter. On both business letter head stating I can access the funds.
5.Bank statement of both businesses from 3 different banks showing a total balance of 6m not 1 off cash lodgements.
6. Proof of docs to show we wre external solicitors to some banks to prove source of income.
7. Letters stating iam entitled to a leave allowance of 500k each from both businesses.
8.My personal bank statement.
9. My personal tax payment.
10. The companys tax certificate
11. My marriage certificate
12. My childs birth certificate
13. My call to bar certificate.
14.Proof of payment of £1000 deposit to a tour company, hotel voucher, itinerary, emails between myself and the GM of the travel company.
I wrote a covering letter that I earn additional income from my husband, but the ECO stated that what I declared as income was less than what was deposited in my account. I wrote that I earn an average of 320k as basic salary minus allowances like telephone, driver etc and my hubby gives me money too and sometimes the moneys are for housekeeping and not personal use, and those monies are paid in in myhubbies name.
I wrote a letter for an admin review on behalf ofmyself which was receieved at the embassy on the 10th of april, 2013.
I believe the ECO did not diligently examine my application. I believe he did not read my letter and decided I will dispear in the uk.
In the meantime I have applied for schengen and I just got my visa onfriday even with the uk black stamp. I am traveling in August and waiting the uk embassy call.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ngondu: 8:47am On May 05, 2013
I don't believe some ECO actually go through all the documents submitted to them, ibelieve they sometimes just stamp the refusal without any just cause.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:23am On May 05, 2013
ngondu: Am a legal practitioner with 8 years post call experience, I was denied entry into the uk even after submitting the following:
1.Incorp docs at CAC that I own the law office.
2. Incorp docs showing I own a real estate comp duly registered at cac.
3. Form CO7 showing am a director as suchi have access to the monies in the account.
4. A. Letter. On both business letter head stating I can access the funds.
5.Bank statement of both businesses from 3 different banks showing a total balance of 6m not 1 off cash lodgements.
6. Proof of docs to show we wre external solicitors to some banks to prove source of income.
7. Letters stating iam entitled to a leave allowance of 500k each from both businesses.
8.My personal bank statement.
9. My personal tax payment.
10. The companys tax certificate
11. My marriage certificate
12. My childs birth certificate
13. My call to bar certificate.
14.Proof of payment of £1000 deposit to a tour company, hotel voucher, itinerary, emails between myself and the GM of the travel company.
I wrote a covering letter that I earn additional income from my husband, but the ECO stated that what I declared as income was less than what was deposited in my account. I wrote that I earn an average of 320k as basic salary minus allowances like telephone, driver etc and my hubby gives me money too and sometimes the moneys are for housekeeping and not personal use, and those monies are paid in in myhubbies name.
I wrote a letter for an admin review on behalf ofmyself which was receieved at the embassy on the 10th of april, 2013.
I believe the ECO did not diligently examine my application. I believe he did not read my letter and decided I will dispear in the uk.
In the meantime I have applied for schengen and I just got my visa onfriday even with the uk black stamp. I am traveling in August and waiting the uk embassy call.

Apart from your company's money, how much do you have in your savings or salary account?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ngondu: 12:09pm On May 05, 2013
I 1.89..M which is apart from the letter on both companys letter head that iam entitled to 500k each as leave allowance which will be paid in the course of my leave. And the aaccount balance in the businesses show it can be accomodated and Iam a signatory. I went further to explain in the comments section of the form that the ECO should consider the fact that I make additional income from my spouse, he can wake up and write me a cheque of 1m today and 10k tomorrow depending on how bouyant he is but the ECO still said he cannot determine my financial situation since I have other monies credited into my account apart from the salary I declared. And am like is the ECO. Blind?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 12:22pm On May 05, 2013
@ngondu:

Sorry about the sad news. Good news you've shengen visa. Just to let you know that even if the ECO consider your company's account, the ECO's priority is your personal account, if you haven't got enough for your trip they can refuse you, also if they check your statement of account that the salary you claimed you're been paid does not reflect in your statement of account accordingly it will also be refused. You said your monthly take home pay is 500k and money in company's a/c is 6m, coy's money is low compare to your income which is high. So to cut the story short ECO have investigated properly because the money issue has made the ECO to cast doubt on the document you provided. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2013
ngondu: I 1.89..M which is apart from the letter on both companys letter head that iam entitled to 500k each as leave allowance which will be paid in the course of my leave. And the aaccount balance in the businesses show it can be accomodated and Iam a signatory. I went further to explain in the comments section of the form that the ECO should consider the fact that I make additional income from my spouse, he can wake up and write me a cheque of 1m today and 10k tomorrow depending on how bouyant he is but the ECO still said he cannot determine my financial situation since I have other monies credited into my account apart from the salary I declared. And am like is the ECO. Blind?

The attention is on your personal account/savings account, your business account is not for leisure trip, business account will only act as your tie-Nigeria.

The issue is..how much do you have in your personal account for the trip and what is your budget for the trip. If you can justify the source of the money in your personal account with paper evidence then re-apply.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ngondu: 9:11pm On May 05, 2013
In the form they asked me how much is available to me for the trip and I wrote £4k, the only deposits in my account are my income from my businesses and my spouse and the account statement shows that, when u check the corporate account statement and my personal bank statement you will see where the lodgements came in from. Also when my hubby gives me a cheque or pays in money online his name reflects.

I never told them I was traveling with the company's money I said iam entitled to my leave allowance, even civil servants earn leave allowances so its not the company paying for the trip. What other paper evidence is required apart from my personal bank statement showing alll I have gone further to explain. Am I expected to now write a requisition to get money from my husband?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ngondu: 9:32pm On May 05, 2013
I never said I earn 500k read over what I wrote I said I earn a basic salary of (320k) which is reflected every month in my account apert from allowances e.g telephone allowance, driver etc. I explained in my application so when u look at my account most of the payments are from both companies and my husband only.

As per the company's account 6m being the balance does not necessarily mean it is in bad shape.

I had a balance of 1.8m how much do I need for a 3 days trip to the uk pending my onward travel to paris which I forgot to mention my appli was for 3 days in the uk. I had also paid 1k pounds to a uk travel company where they secured a hotel with breakfast for me. So how much should one have in his account to apply for a 3 days tourist visit to the uk.

I have never traveled for more than 7 days cos I can't afford to leave my business for too long.

I still believe the ECO did not take his time to review my application on its merit.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ngondu: 10:02pm On May 05, 2013
As per the 6m being the total balance in all accounts, if u understandd how a corporate account works you could have 100m in the morning and have 2m in the evening depending on what the monies are used for. The 6 months account statement is very healthy, within the said period we renewed our rent, we bought 2 brand new cars in the comps name 4 2 of our staff where the amounts are deducted form their salary etc. I don't believe the embassy should rely on just the balance. I believe they can place calls to the banks where these statements emanated to find out additional details or request for statements from the period when the business commenced then one can determine if it is a healthy business. You can have accounts in like 10banks but not allof them will be active equally so maybe their premise for proving whatever is faulty. Not every Nigerian wants to run to the uk.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 11:02am On May 06, 2013
@ngondu

Well understood, but your personal is where the problem lies. So build up your personal account and reapply. Make sure you address the ECO's issue before reapplying. Did you say you have £4000 in your a/c? That amount is not bad for 3 days journey. You can request for administrative review if you want to. But as for me reapplying is faster. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ngondu: 10:30pm On May 06, 2013
Hi @ Lamosi, I had a balance of 1.89 million as at the time I applied and on the form there is a portion where they ask how much is available to you for the trip and I wrote £4000 (to cover for my ticket, shopping etc). I have written a letter for an admin review and it was accepted at the embassy on the 10th of April. Ill wait ans see what they will have to say. Ill also post their reply if I get it. In the meantime when I return from my august trip ill reapply that's if they don't revert on it by then.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 10:45am On May 07, 2013
@ngondu

Good plan as per the review. If you have such amount in your personal a/c I see no reason why you was refused in the first instance. Now put it in the hand of God, God will fight your battle for you. Please read Psalm 20 for God to grant you your heart desire and request. I pray for victory in your case. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by betty21: 12:47pm On May 07, 2013
@lamosy I praise The Lord for you.i was drawn to your story had to sign in to nairaland to just talk to you. At a point i was so scared for you that you waited for so long .i spent hours reading the chats until midnight yesterday when ,i even cried when i saw your good news . u are a woman of courage and i pray God gives me your strength .I was just refused a settlement visa this week based on grounds that my husband didn't submit his payslip what they failed to acknowledge was that my husband is self employed and he doesn't give himself payslip and to the embassy his statement of account was not enough. We are going to appeal .pls what advice can you give me to speed it up . I don't think I have the strength to wait for 3 months talkless of 5 - 8 months . Pls @johnwary is there anyway to write to Sheffield to speed this up . I would really appreciate your response.i haven't seen my husband in over 5yrs and another 3-8 . Plsssss help .i wouldn't really appreciate Ur emails
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by betty21: 1:15pm On May 07, 2013
My husband said maybe we should reapply (to make it faster)what do you think my issue is I don't have updated payslips because I have stopped working .do you think this would affect me if we reapply or we should just Appeal
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by windseeker(f): 5:26pm On May 07, 2013
@betty21 sorry to hear that. Did you say you haven’t seen your husband in over 5 years? Was that not a source of concern for the ECO? I will assume you actually meant to write months - Also how long did it take for them to decide your application? I submitted mine about a week ago and I’m just very anxious, especially after reading this post.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by betty21: 6:13pm On May 07, 2013
@windseeker sorry that was a typo error .i meant 5 months
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by betty21: 6:15pm On May 07, 2013
@windseeker it took exactly 3 months to get a response via SMS from the embassy .may u have good news in Jesus name
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by betty21: 6:22pm On May 07, 2013
@lamosy pls where r u
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shah39: 7:23pm On May 07, 2013
hi. recentely i have won admin review tier 4 student. now ukba has advise me to submit passport again then teh will be able to process application further has they have over turn their decision.now i am pregnant and is their any problem for me in visa process as my husband also in my dependent. pls help me
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:51pm On May 07, 2013
shah39: hi. recentely i have won admin review tier 4 student. now ukba has advise me to submit passport again then teh will be able to process application further has they have over turn their decision.now i am pregnant and is their any problem for me in visa process as my husband also in my dependent. pls help me

Were you pregnant when you applied for the visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Matadaz(m): 9:41pm On May 07, 2013
@Betty21,

I'm sorry about the refusal.I think Lamosy is busy parking her bags because She will soon be on her way to the UK insha Allah and Big Boss Justwise is just gathering information for U,He is a very busy Man.
pls,my little contribution,try make sure the lawyer filling the appeal is upto date,knows about the 19wks and additional document as at when U applied.Ur Hubby should includes His P60,Tax returns of Previous years,a letter from His accountant and letter from HMRC to confirm He is self employed in the appeal,all these will negate the need for payslips.
Pls,@Justwise ,@Lamosy and @Johnwary,abeg add to this.
Tak Kia

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.