Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,766 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:16 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1052306 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kemory12: 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
muskham:
Kemory ,alexlady, can you both kindly post your timeline and list of your supporting documents please.thank you.

my timeline
2nd of may : online application
9th of may: biometrics at tls ikeja
15th of may; Supporting document sent to Sheffield
15th of may;Email received from Sheffield confirming application
1st of August 2017: Email from Sheffield of case not straight forward
1st of August 2017:tracker shows applications decided
9th of August 2017; Massage from tls that document ready for collection
9th of August 201: visa picked up.

Document; hubby pay slips,
Letter from hubby employer comfiming job
Photos together while in UK and wedding photos
Marriage certificate
Flight ticket to naija
Accommodations evidence
And I wrote a letter explaining my overstayed and reasons and accepting responsibilities for it and promise never to break rules again
Introduction letter
Those about what I can remember now
Our solicitor did the rest
Above God I prayed to God for Favour.
Wish u all the best.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by muskham(f): 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2017
Kemory12:
my timeline

Marriage certificate
Flight ticket to naija
Accommodations evidence
And I wrote a letter explaining my overstayed and reasons and accepting responsibilities for it and promise never to break rules again
Introduction letter
Wish u all the best.

Thanks kemory, what were you able to submit as evidence of communication, since you both live together. Please help me
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kemory12: 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
muskham:

Thanks kemory, what were you able to submit as evidence of communication, since you both live together. Please help me

Our WhatsApp messages since I return to naija last December till may that I put in the application, I screenshot everything and printed it out.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 6:53am On Aug 14, 2017
[quote author=Rutharu post=59378916][/quote]

Thank turkish airline of off my radar lol.
Have missed good offers at low prices so painful . What do u think of Air maroc ? Though is cheapest at least you get to england same day .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kemory12: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2017
joygirl2017:

Have missed good offers at low prices so painful . What do u think of Air maroc ? Though is cheapest at least you get to england same day .

Air maroc is gud, I'm flying it also because the rest I saw were very expensive and it's a bit better! My brother said their flight is very gud because he has used the two different times. They will first get to Casablanca and connect us to another flight to London.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Feeyonce: 10:17am On Aug 14, 2017
Kemory12:
my timeline

Marriage certificate
Flight ticket to naija
Accommodations evidence
Introduction letter
Wish u all the best.
Hi Kemory, congrats. Did you pay for priority?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kemory12: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2017
Feeyonce:

Hi Kemory, congrats. Did you pay for priority?

Thanks dear, No I did standard, Non priority!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2017
Pls has anyone here received a call from home office? Is the caller ID usually hidden?

I received a missed call today from " No caller Id". That hasn't happened in months. I am wondering if it's home office.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 8:22am On Aug 15, 2017
Please planing to take the TB test. Were is their approved centre in Lagos.
Please how long does it take to get result.learn that it is only valid for 6month
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 8:29am On Aug 15, 2017
readynow:
Please planing to take the TB test. Were is their approved centre in Lagos.
Please how long does it take to get result.learn that it is only valid for 6month

You can do it at IOM, 1 Isaac John St, Ikeja GRA, Lagos.
Yes it last for six months otherwise you will have to do a new one.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 8:47am On Aug 15, 2017
Lamakinde:

You can do it at IOM, 1 Isaac John St, Ikeja GRA, Lagos.
Yes it last for six months otherwise you will have to do a new one.

Thank you lamakinde.I appreciate but when will I get the result or certificate is it immediately someone said it takes 9 weeks to get result is that true.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bereabul(f): 10:22am On Aug 15, 2017
You will get the result same day before you leave. But in a case where the X-ray isn't very clear to d doctor indicating that the patient might or has tb then it would take a longer period to issue a cert cos such person would need to carry out a sputum culture and be placed on treatment thereafter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
Bereabul:
You will get the result same day before you leave. But in a case where the X-ray isn't very clear to d doctor indicating that the patient might or has tb then it would take a longer period to issue a cert cos such person would need to carry out a sputum culture and be placed on treatment thereafter.

Thank you I appreciate the information

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Rutharu: 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2017
joygirl2017:

Air Maroc not bad used them in January and I was impressed even though it had negative reviews online.The food was good and I requested extras.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimimonroe: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
Good day all,
Please I need advice.
I submitted the supporting documents from my husband's spousal application last week
I have been living with my mother for over 10 years and have used my mum's address to invite my husband and he was issued visiting visa three times.
I decided to get council apartment that we can move into when he comes over
The issue now is that some of my documents have the old address (mum's) while some have my current address.
Would that be grounds for refusal?
Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
mimimonroe:
Good day all,
Please I need advice.
I submitted the supporting documents from my husband's spousal application last week
I have been living with my mother for over 10 years and have used my mum's address to invite my husband and he was issued visiting visa three times.
The issue now is that some of my documents have the old address (mum's) while some have my current address.
Thank you
If I tell you that it would be or not, it will not change anything. You have submitted the documents and can not call it back for correction. You should have asked or find out before submitting nevertheless, I advice that you write a letter explaining the changes in the address and send it to the quoting your reference number then, keep your fingers crossed and have faith. Good luck

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 12:40am On Aug 16, 2017
mimimonroe:
Good day all,
Please I need advice.
Thank you

From what I have heard before, it is never advisable to use a council apartment for a spouse visa application as it is under the public funds. Some people do it but they usually lie to the council that their spouse is living abroad.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Allgood2017: 1:07am On Aug 16, 2017
Filled the wrong date on spouse arrival to UK. Meant to be 8/8/1999 but filled 30/8/1999. Would this affect anything ? Please advise ,thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 1:45am On Aug 16, 2017
Hello guys,

All glory to God, I have just collected my passport with the issued vignette sticker and BRP letter!!!!!

I only discovered this group after I had already submitted my application and was really impressed that a lot of people were willing to provide so much advice and support for their fellow Nigerians. I was also a little worried after reading all the posts and seeing all the documents people had submitted as I had been very nonchalant with mine. But thanks to this group and some research after the fact, I know now what I didn't then. And luckily for me, I also had a good lawyer. But with this group, you don't really need a lawyer. My lawyer did make a mistake on the online application form with one of my travel dates. I was worried about that but he did say it didn't matter but also included the correction in the cover letter.

From my experience, the spouse visa application is similar to the Tier level system. As long as you meet the required points (English language, tb test; adequate accommodation; minimum financial requirements and proof; relationship evidence) then by Gods grace, you should get your visa. I must thank all the people that help on here and also hope more people will find this group before they submit their applications. I do pray that every application is granted in Jesus name!

TIMELINE

ONLINE APPLICATION (Standard): May 10th, 2017 (completed and submitted by my lawyer)

BIOMETRIC (Ikeja Lagos): May 17th, 2017

DOCUMENTS SENT TO SHEFFIELD: May 18th, 2017 (sent by my lawyer)

CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM UKVI: May 28th, 2017

DECISION MADE ON UKVI WEBSITE: August 8th, 2017 (Tracked that day nothing, displayed only on August 10th, 2017 after 12 noon) 57 Nigeria working days / 59 UK working days (https://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html)

TLS EMAIL (Decision made): August 14th, 2017

TLS EMAIL (PASSPORT READY FOR COURIER DELIVERY): August 14th, 2017

TLS EMAIL (COURIER DISPATCHED): August 14th, 2017

PASSPORT PICKED: August 15th, 2017

After DHL tracking system failed and several customer service calls, I had to track down the delivery guy who didn't have a motorcycle or car to deliver packages. He apparently delivers using public transport and had gone home due to heavy rain. Luckily he didn't lose my passport.

VISA VALIDITY: August 16th, 2017 to September 15th, 2017 (expires same day as my current visit visa)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 1:57am On Aug 16, 2017
Allgood2017:
Filled the wrong date on spouse arrival to UK. Meant to be 8/8/1999 but filled 30/8/1999. Would this affect anything ? Please advise ,thanks

Did you already submit your application form? If you already did, just explain in your cover letter. I also had a mistake on my form with one of my travel dates. My lawyer told me it didn't matter and just explained in my cover letter. According to him, a spouse visa can only be refused on grounds of relationship proof, lack of financial proof, inadequate accommodation and no English (and TB test) certificates. I just collected my passport with visa in it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Allgood2017: 7:02am On Aug 16, 2017
teejay231:

Did you already submit your application form? If you already did, just explain in your cover letter. I also had a mistake on my form with one of my travel dates. My lawyer told me it didn't matter and just explained in my cover letter. According to him, a spouse visa can only be refused on grounds of relationship proof, lack of financial proof, inadequate accommodation and no English (and TB test) certificates. I just collected my passport with visa in it.

Thanks for the reply ,already submitted . Will explain like you said.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:02am On Aug 16, 2017
teejay231:
Hello guys,

All glory to God, I have just collected my passport with the issued vignette sticker and BRP letter!!!!!

I only discovered this group after I had already submitted my application and was really impressed that a lot of people were willing to provide so much advice and support for their fellow Nigerians. I was also a little worried after reading all the posts and seeing all the documents people had submitted as I had been very nonchalant with mine. But thanks to this group and some research after the fact, I know now what I didn't then. And luckily for me, I also had a good lawyer. But with this group, you don't really need a lawyer. My lawyer did make a mistake on the online application form with one of my travel dates. I was worried about that but he did say it didn't matter but also included the correction in the cover letter.

From my experience, the spouse visa application is similar to the Tier level system. As long as you meet the required points (English language, tb test; adequate accommodation; minimum financial requirements and proof; relationship evidence) then by Gods grace, you should get your visa. I must thank all the people that help on here and also hope more people will find this group before they submit their applications. I do pray that every application is granted in Jesus name!

TIMELINE

ONLINE APPLICATION (Standard): May 10th, 2017 (completed and submitted by my lawyer)

DECISION MADE ON UKVI WEBSITE: August 8th, 2017 (Tracked that day nothing, displayed only on August 10th, 2017 after 12 noon) 57 Nigeria working days / 59 UK working days (https://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html)

After DHL tracking system failed and several customer service calls, I had to track down the delivery guy who didn't have a motorcycle or car to deliver packages. He apparently delivers using public transport and had gone home due to heavy rain. Luckily he didn't lose my passport.

VISA VALIDITY: August 16th, 2017 to September 15th, 2017 (expires same day as my current visit visa)

Congratulations.........

Remember to drop all the contents of your Naira account for us..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 7:53am On Aug 16, 2017
Kemory12:

Air maroc is gud, I'm flying it also because the rest I saw were very expensive and it's a bit better! My brother said their flight is very gud because he has used the two different times. They will first get to Casablanca and connect us to another flight to London.

Ahhh thanks have booked .
Pls when are you leaving in case we jam for airport
Will inbox my number lets keep in touch , been able to contact the rest may applicants .

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 8:01am On Aug 16, 2017
Oridiya:
Pls has anyone here received a call from home office? Is the caller ID usually hidden?

I received a missed call today from " No caller Id". That hasn't happened in months. I am wondering if it's home office.

Did you get an email of home office informing you to expect a call from them ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2017
Rutharu:

Air Maroc not bad used them in January and I was impressed even though it had negative reviews online.The food was good and I requested extras.

Thanks so much honestly became confuse , flights are very expensive just one way from 323k upward . Almost book 463 k klm and Qatar
Just booked thanks so much I just saved huge money . Will use the balance for shopping lol . At least get to the uk same day . Lord thank you for wisdom.
Thanks so much grin. @rutharu
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 8:37am On Aug 16, 2017
teejay231:
Hello guys,

TIMELINE

Congratulations!!! Let the celebrations continue

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 8:52am On Aug 16, 2017
joygirl2017:

Thanks so much honestly became confuse , flights are very expensive just one way from 323k upward . Almost book 463 k klm and Qatar
Just booked thanks so much I just saved huge money . Will use the balance for shopping lol . At least get to the uk same day . Lord thank you for wisdom.
Thanks so much grin. @rutharu
Pls don't forget to share your experience with the Airline so to know in advance which to book. Enjoy your travel

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2017
joygirl2017:

Did you get an email of home office informing you to expect a call from them ?
No I didnt
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Allgood2017: 11:00am On Aug 16, 2017
teejay231:

Quick question ,did you have to cross the date out and put the new one on the printed application ?or you simply just told them your mistake with the date in your cover letter ? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations.........

Remember to drop all the contents of your Naira account for us..........

Thanks. Lol yes sir.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
Realgeo:

Congratulations!!! Let the celebrations continue

Thanks. Yes indeed!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
Allgood2017:

Quick question ,did you have to cross the date out and put the new one on the printed application ?or you simply just told them your mistake with the date in your cover letter ? Thanks

I did that but they didn't collect the form at my biometric appointment, just the first page. Also, my lawyer said there was no need to make amendments by hand as the form submitted online is what they look at, not the hard printed copy. According to him, applications are only considered based on evidence in the application pack including the cover letter.

Lawyers statement in cover letter: We aver to the online application submitted on (online submission date) for our client contains an error in the date of his travel to country. The correct date he arrived was (correct date) not (wrong date) as entered in the form. This error was made by our staff when completing the form online therefore we would be grateful if the Secretary of State for the Home Department could disregard this and make note of the correct date of travel (correct date).

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.