Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,855 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1051794 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by richdopeboi: 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
knwuna:
Hello house..please i still need your advice on this matter:

My wife is kind of suggesting that she will acquire a loan from her bank to sponsor my masters program in Uk to enable stay closer to her during this period..Do you think its a good idea to do such please i need your opinion .
Note: She works full time,..she lives in a rented apartment..she is pregnant and she earns £17,800 per year which is less than £18,600 per year that is required. and she meets all other requirement..
We are just looking for a way out because she's alone
READ all you need to do is tell your wife to get a weekend job with a contract that will pay her £800 pounds you can add double income to complete the amount you need to apply .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
GodandVal:

N48,500

Did mine yesterday, it was 48900

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hello house please I need to know to contact Home office because I need to explain that I'm in the process of applying for UK Naric certification. The required document (transcripts and certificate) is taking time to be ready and I don't want them making decision based on the wrong English test I wrote. Pls help!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
Lamakinde:

Interest rate is now 0.5% from 0.25%.

And it would continually be reviewed upwards...... Overgearing financially, is at the borrowers peril.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
Oga @lexusgs430 pls help me answer the above question please I beg you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
Bond140:
Oga @lexusgs430 pls help me answer the above question please I beg you

Have you or your sponsor received an emails from UKBA during this application process?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 2:39am On Nov 03, 2017
Good Morning please house filling the online application at VISA$UK site in preparation
just getting prepared what do i fill in the[b] intending date of travel[/b] is the actual date relevant

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 5:08am On Nov 03, 2017
@lexusgs430 I received usual mail that my application have be rece
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 5:10am On Nov 03, 2017
@lexusgs430 I received usual mail that my application have been received and that my sponsor should forward our supporting documents. Did biometric 26 September
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 5:11am On Nov 03, 2017
@lexusgs430 I received usual mail that my application have been received and that my sponsor should forward our supporting documents which we promptly sent. Did biometric 26 September
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:13am On Nov 03, 2017
Bond140:
@lexusgs430 I received usual mail that my application have been received and that my sponsor should forward our supporting documents which we promptly sent. Did biometric 26 September

That's the same email address you send your communications through.
Use your application number as reference......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 5:16am On Nov 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

That's the same email address you send your communications through.
Use your application number as reference......
Thank you so much, I will do so. I just pray I will meet up before the decision is made
Hopefully they should consider my 2 kids. I made the application with one of them, the other is a B citizen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:17am On Nov 03, 2017
readynow:
Good Morning please house filling the online application at VISA$UK site in preparation
just getting prepared what do i fill in the[b] intending date of travel[/b] is the actual date relevant

Are you using priority application? If not, just give a date 3 months or so away.....
The date is a simply a mere formality.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:19am On Nov 03, 2017
Bond140:

Thank you so much, I will do so. I just pray I will meet up before the decision is made

Fingers crossed, send an email immediately and request a reply to confirm receipt......

Or better still, get your sponsor to send the email and also call them........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 5:21am On Nov 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Fingers crossed, send an email immediately and request a reply to confirm receipt......

Or better still, get your sponsor to send the email and also call them........

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:29am On Nov 03, 2017
Bond140:

Hopefully they should consider my 2 kids. I made the application with one of them, the other is a B citizen

The case workers are emotionally deaf, blind & deaf........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2017
IrueBriggs86:

Thanks so much for the response
To write the A1 pls how do I go abt it were can I apply for the text
Does it also need payment if yes how much

I am not trying to be mean here but i believe all you need to know about uk spouse visa is here https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

or better still, read the thread from the beginning. Someone just talked about the English test; how to apply, cost and centres here.. check page 329 of this thread.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2017
GodandVal:

You can choose the standard then after booking your appointment and you are directed to the TLS Contact Website, you’ll be able to choose the added values and pay

Thanks, I did that. Though I made an error on the TLS contact payment form. I used a wrong GWF reference code (it's a code i generated with a form i didn't submit on VISA4UK). but name and passport number remains same. I informed TLS complaint and was told i report it to TLS on my appointment date with the request form inquiry code. @justwise and house, do you think the correction can be made and my payment will be valid?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsElendu: 11:33am On Nov 03, 2017
Thank you @justwise and @ lexusgs360 for your prompt response when I had questions.

Just picked up my passport from the British High Commission today after a successful appeal.

Here’s my timeline, it might be of help to those going through an appeal process.

Visa refused - September 2016
Appeal hearing - August 25th 2017
Letter that appeal was allowed - September 18th 2017
Email from UKVI that they had overturned their decision -October 11th 2017
IHS fee link sent - Oct 17th 2017
Submitted passport at TLS - Oct 18th 2017
Email to collect passport from BDHC - 30th October 2017
Collected passport - 3rd November 2017

Long wait but well worth it in the end. My passport was stamped on the 23rd of October and I have 20 days to leave.

May God grant us all our heart desires, Amen

6 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by knwuna: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
richdopeboi:
READ all you need to do is tell your wife to get a weekend job with a contract that will pay her £800 pounds you can add double income to complete the amount you need to apply .

Thanks for your timely response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by knwuna: 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
Thanks to you all for all your timely response
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=MrsElendu post=62032481]Thank you @justwise and @ lexusgs360 for your prompt response when I had questions.

Just picked up my passport from the British High Commission today after a successful appeal.

Here’s my timeline, it might be of help to those going through an appeal process.

Visa refused - September

Long wait but well worth it in the end. My passport was stamped on the 23rd of October and I have 20 days to leave.

Congratulations
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Congratulations. Happy for you
MrsElendu:
Thank you @justwise and @ lexusgs360 for your prompt response when I had questions.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello house.... I'm back again after about a year off this forum... @Lexusgs360, @Justwise and a few people here may remember me. Anyway straight to the point, I was denied my spouse application around this time last year for discrepancies especially because we combined two jobs for my wife to meet up with the financial requirement as her main job wasn't paying up to 18,600. They had no reason to deny because everything was legit in both jobs only that my wife contradicted with her employer during the interview with the UKVI officials due to pressure and naivety. I decided not to appeal because of the time and money that will be involved.

Fast forward to present... My wife now has a job which pays well above £18,600 and will be 6 months on the job early January which means I'm preparing and waiting patiently till January to reapply. Now to start with, I have two questions for the house (I have experience in this area of spouse visa and other UK visa applications like tiers 4 and 2 but I'm sure you all will agree with me that no one knows it all).

1. Does it matter if one is in a probabtional period at work (I'm asking on behalf of the sponsor now) in order to count the six month in the new job or the counting begins after the probational period?

2. I heard someone sometimes ago saying once one uses a standard way of applying for ones first application, one cannot use priority for the subsequent applications that one can only continue to use standard. Please how true is this.... Anyone knows?

Thank you house for the anticipated support as I embark on this journey again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
MrsElendu:

Congratulations!

I really don't like tribunal hearing because of the length of time it takes. Glad that it turns out well for you at the end.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
MreSBee:
Hello house.... I'm back again after about a year off this forum... @Lexusgs360, @Justwise and a few people here may remember me. Anyway straight to the point, I was denied my spouse application around this time last year for discrepancies especially because we combined two jobs for my wife to meet up with the financial requirement as her main job wasn't paying up to 18,600. They had no reason to deny because everything was legit in both jobs only that my wife contradicted with her employer during the interview with the UKVI officials due to pressure and naivety. I decided not to appeal because of the time and money that will be involved.

Fast forward to present... My wife now has a job which pays well above £18,600 and will be 6 months on the job early January which means I'm preparing and waiting patiently till January to reapply. Now to start with, I have two questions for the house (I have experience in this area of spouse visa and other UK visa applications like tiers 4 and 2 but I'm sure you all will agree with me that no one knows it all).

1. Does it matter if one is in a probabtional period at work (I'm asking on behalf of the sponsor now) in order to count the six month in the new job or the counting begins after the probational period?

2. I heard someone sometimes ago saying once one uses a standard way of applying for ones first application, one cannot use priority for the subsequent applications that one can only continue to use standard. Please how true is this.... Anyone knows?

1. You can start the application a month or two after the probational period(though there is no rule that i know of that prevents one from applying during that period).

2. I don't think that is true, using standard application previously does not stop one from using priority service, maybe the person who told you that can point to a specific link to support that info
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
MrsElendu:

Congratulations........ Enjoy your new adventure......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
Thanks @Justwise...
Point one noted...... I actually haven't seen anywhere online or on gov.uk where they mentioned anything about probational period affects the 6 months count on the job.... I just put it out here just in case I omitted or skipped it.

Point two.... You just confirmed what I know and believe is right.. Also I haven't come across anywhere where it mentions that you can't use priority service if you use standard service for initial applications made.

Please anyone who knows or has seen otherwise should please let me know. Thanks

justwise:

1. You can start the application a month or two after the probational period(though there is no rule that i know of that prevents one from applying during that period).

2. I don't think that is true, using standard application previously does not stop one from using priority service, maybe the person who told you that can point to a specific link to support that info
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hi,

As long as she's been in the job for 6 months and has pay slips and bank statements to reflect these i don't think it matters if it's probabationary period or not.

2. You won't be allowed to use priority service if you've been refused a visa in that category before. I tried using priority for my husbands application after first refusal but it just wouldn't go through. Check out the exclusion criterias for the priority service to know more.

Day 55 today after biometrics :-(

MreSBee:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hey Biometrics birthday mate. Any news from your end? We've got nothing as of yet.

Lamakinde:

Uwc. It's well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
tayeby78:
Hey Biometrics birthday mate. Any news from your end? We've got nothing as of yet.

Make una relax, good news awaits u guys this coming week.

I'm just on day 50...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
Was so hoping we'd get decision made email today like that applicant from last weekend. It is well o
ronvlaar:

Make una relax, good news awaits u guys this coming week.

I'm just on day 50...

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.