Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,521 members, 7,920,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:10 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1062146 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - Thanks for the encouragement. We will be positive but let know if you here any news. I will also keep you updated. I believe your 19 weeks should be over by now.
@ Hopeforallone, the 19 weeks will be over in few days, @ worry359, because you have been condemned don't mean everyone have been condemned. You will stay worried all your life as your username will reflect on your life.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry359(m): 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
DUNIQUE1
Ok enjoy your TEN YEAR BAN! grin grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
@ Worry - You should not say such things be careful what you say. You should no better.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Worry - You should not say such things be careful what you say. You should no better.
@ Hopeforallone, you need not worry about this Mr worry, he thinks he has a clue but he doesn't. If you care at all, I can assure you I am no convict and I will soon get my entry clearance. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry359(m): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Worry - You should not say such things be careful what you say. You should no better.
I asked poster for HONEST facts about
I eventually found myself in Nigeria by 2012
This is importent to give factual advice.
If they went home & paid airfare then one outcome. (Possible 1 year ban)
If deported back home then another. (10 year ban)

But poster got snotty and would not answer. (A usual sign that there is something to hide!)
There is no helping some people and patience runs thin! with them

I will NOT comment any more in this poster.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
@ Worry - Your saying negative statements so what do you expect. No one is saying you can not post anything, but just watch the things you say.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Worry - Your saying negative statements so what do you expect. No one is saying you can not post anything, but just watch the things you say.
I will soon post good news about my application here, then Mr worry can go find out how I came back in 2012. I wonder why he is still allowed to post on here really.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
Well I was thinking the same thing really.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
@ oloritunjino - What was you refused on if you do not mind sharing with us?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
@Girlflo pls can i have d email i shd sent the reminder to for my visa thnk u
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
shelair1: @Girlflo pls can i have d email i shd sent the reminder to for my visa thnk u

I'm not sure if it will be the same office that deals with the processing of passports after a positive judge determination. It's still worth sending an email to the Sheffield office, visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. It might be worth attaching a scanned copy of your determination letter. Ask them if someone can confirm that the embassy has not contested the judges decision. Ask when u should expect to submit your passport.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by afolabi009: 3:45am On Jul 18, 2014
Have been d9 entering UK two times with different excuse but I'm going back for the 3rd time soon with another 4mat pls any advice ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 7:43am On Jul 18, 2014
Good morning all.
Has anyone considered the Surrinder Singh route to settlement? Any thoughts on this?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2014
sunnychic: Good morning all.
Has anyone considered the Surrinder Singh route to settlement? Any thoughts on this?

Its not easy to take that route if the sponsor got a job already in the UK, moving to another EU country to start life afresh briefly is not an easy decision to make.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloritunjino: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2014
girlfio: . Indefinite leave to remain is indefinite, i.e there is no expiry date. If you are talking about a spouse visa then it's about 2.5 years.
girlfio: . Indefinite leave to remain is indefinite, i.e there is no expiry date. If you are talking about a spouse visa then it's about 2.5 years.
i hope i am safe ooo... I sent my passport and printed copy of email notfying me to send my passport only with no other attachment to sheffield. I hope thats okay
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
@Girlflo thnk u for the information. i ll try that.
@Olunfun i thought that they call for passport not email and to abuja not directly to sheffield .pls does anyone know if the 18600pound requirement appplies to EU citizens living in UK .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thank you @ justwise.

justwise:
Its not easy to take that route if the sponsor got a job already in the UK, moving to another EU country to start life afresh briefly is not an easy decision to make.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
DUNIQUE1: I will soon post good news about my application here, then Mr worry can go find out how I came back in 2012. I wonder why he is still allowed to post on here really.

Hi Dunique1, I lost my password and to cut a long story short I used to be called ik.kao before I had to re join N/L...

I notice you've now passed your deadline. Have u contracted the Sheffield office again?

I'm also heading slowly but gradually towards my 19 week deadline, and I'm worried that they may become heavily back logged as a result of the new refusals for the £18,600 which they now have to post by the 28th of this month.

If they are heavily back logged, I worry that they may just by default push cases straight to court without having a chance to properly examine them.

This would unfortunately make the process much longer. Before it used to be the 19 week timeline which was depressing, now it's the lack of communication and continuous endless waiting.

Have you heard anything as of now from them?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ikato3540:

Hi Dunique1, I lost my password and to cut a long story short I used to be called ik.kao before I had to re join N/L...

I notice you've now passed your deadline. Have u contracted the Sheffield office again?

I'm also heading slowly but gradually towards my 19 week deadline, and I'm worried that they may become heavily back logged as a result of the new refusals for the £18,600 which they now have to post by the 28th of this month.

If they are heavily back logged, I worry that they may just by default push cases straight to court without having a chance to properly examine them.

This would unfortunately make the process much longer. Before it used to be the 19 week timeline which was depressing, now it's the lack of communication and continuous endless waiting.

Hello house,

Does anybody know anybody, who knows someone, who had heard from the Sheffield office within the 19 week deadline in the last month?

Or have they just "muted" completely? undecided

I'm worried that the 19 weeks might now increase to an unknown and unspecified period of time.

Thanks Ik.kao.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
@ - oloritunjino - What was you initial refused on, it will help other people on nairaland as well?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi all @ justwise
The letter we received, the tribunal said they have not heard from the Sheffield office. But still went ahead and sent the letter as per the deadline date. But they said they haven't heard from the visa office. This visa office have still not replied us.
Why ain't they replying us or even the tribunal? Is it still this backlog? What do we do now?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:19am On Jul 19, 2014
@ Sunnychic - What was you refused on?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:15am On Jul 19, 2014
Oloritunjino: i hope i am safe ooo... I sent my passport and printed copy of email notfying me to send my passport only with no other attachment to sheffield. I hope thats okay

That should be fine, once you have confirmation of arrival from the tracking service that u used to send the passport. Just write an email to Sheffield with the tracking reference and the name of the person that signed receipt. Ask them for confirmation of when your passport will be sent back and to which VAC.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:43am On Jul 19, 2014
Ikato3540:

Hey house, I got an email from Sheffield saying revised refusal notice, although it also says I need not do anything about it cause I have sent in an appeal, but reading through it, it does show that the said ECO have just copied and pasted the financial requirement reason of refusal from my first refusal and then she updated the dates, she also stated that she has made her decision after considering the documents they have for me after I put in my appeal, which I know definitely that she didn't, cause if she did, she would have changed her decision on refusing me as per the financial requirement. What I think is that they already have a list of us who they think doesn't meet the financial requirement and just randomly sent another refusal notice even though some of us are already challenging that decision. So I can't count that as a note confirming my case is going to court, but I have asked my solicitor to read through it and take it from there. I have reached my 19 weeks today and will try and contact the tribunal also to confirm if they have any update for me. If anyone got a similar email, please try and let the room know. Cheers!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:13am On Jul 19, 2014
@ Dunique - So my brother what was you initial refused on ? And how much does your partner earn because after the 28th July I believe they will refuse all those on hold? Speak to me brother.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 10:41am On Jul 19, 2014
[quote author=DUNIQUE1][/quote]

So this means it's going to court?!

O my days! This is a true nightmare. And exactly that I thought would happen- too busy to bother. Just send 'me all to court.

It's devastating.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 10:44am On Jul 19, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - So my brother what was you initial refused on ? And how much does your partner earn because after the 28th July I believe they will refuse all those on hold? Speak to me brother.

Hi Dunique. Was it only on financial grounds you were refused, or did u have other refusal reasons?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2014
sunnychic: Hi all @ justwise
The letter we received, the tribunal said they have not heard from the Sheffield office. But still went ahead and sent the letter as per the deadline date. But they said they haven't heard from the visa office. This visa office have still not replied us.
Why ain't they replying us or even the tribunal? Is it still this backlog? What do we do now?

It does happen, many have gone that process of waiting for Sheffield office to contact the tribunal and the annoying waiting time.

Have you contacted the Sheffield office?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:07am On Jul 19, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - So my brother what was you initial refused on ? And how much does your partner earn because after the 28th July I believe they will refuse all those on hold? Speak to me brother.

My partner earns more than the required amount, the issue is that we left out some payslips and that has been included with the appeal, my initial application was refused on the basis that my relationship wasn't genuine and that they are not satisfied with my partners earning because some documents were missing, I wasn't suppose to be part of the people on hold because they already included the financial requirement in my initial refusal, so this new email is either a duplicate or they are just being lazy as usual, but I am confident I meet all the requirement, so I just need to clarify that with them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 11:20am On Jul 19, 2014
@ Dunique - okay that makes sense hopefully they can get it cleared up, your right they have confused the applications with the rest on hold.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - okay that makes sense hopefully they can get it cleared up, your right they have confused the applications with the rest on hold.

You got that right, they can either tell me to let us go court or free me and ask for my passport, their email is still talking about what I submitted with my initial application not the appeal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2014
@ Dunique - what did your solicitor say?

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.